Trying to have this code generate only a numerical value list by rows: 1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11

Originally this was used to create an alpha listing.   I use this to
create hiearchy and need the code to count upwards from 1 by 1 as high
as is needed.  (probably at least to three digits).

Code being used:

lastletter = "1"

Cells(2, 16) = lastletter
For intalpha = 3 To Cells(65536, 3).End(xlUp).Row

    If Cells(intalpha, 2) = 0 Then lastletter = Chr(Asc(lastletter) + 1)
    Cells(intalpha, 16) = lastletter

Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins &
Software!http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/excel-software-categories.htm **
0
tudorjohn (1)
5/19/2004 3:56:34 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Your code looks like you're only incrementing that counter if the value in
column B is 0.  Otherwise, it stays the same as the one you just used.

If that's correct, you could drop the strings and just use numbers:

Option Explicit
Sub testme01()

Dim iCtr As Long
Dim iRow As Long
Dim lastRow As Long

iCtr = 1
With ActiveSheet
    lastRow = .Cells(.Rows.Count, 3).End(xlUp).Row
    .Cells(2, 16).Value = iCtr
    For iRow = 3 To lastRow
        If .Cells(iRow, 2).Value = 0 Then
            iCtr = iCtr + 1
        End If
        .Cells(iRow, 16).Value = iCtr
    Next iRow
End With

End Sub

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Linking files 2 ways

Auto transfer of row
I have a list of components to be ordered in each row is a cell with order number entered in it. What I want is to copy the row to anothe sheet (which is to be displayed at goods) when the order number i entered in that cell. Is this possible? many thanks for any help -- alanle ----------------------------------------------------------------------- alanled's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3094 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=57297 this could be acheived by using VLOOKUP function. if you want a perfect soluti...

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Installation 11-08-07

hide a row
I have a worksheet with information in column A and B. If Column B has no information I want to do nothing, but if there is something in Column B, I would like to hide the row. Is this possable in an if statement? Hi not possible with a formula. This would require VBA -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Bob" <bobolah@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:OSOK8hisEHA.2556@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I have a worksheet with information in column A and B. > > If Column B has no information I want to do nothing, but if there is > something in Column B, ...

More Columns #2

File size #11

Emails #3

Offline Synchronization Problem #2

'top' is not a valid value for the 'vertical-align' property.
Well, it is, actually, and the resulting .chm file works properly in HTML Help. But it's a bit tedious getting that wrong useless error message from VS2002 on every build. (Well, not every build, it only does it sometimes actually.) Any idea how I can persuade it to stop telling me this? -- Tim Ward Brett Ward Limited - www.brettward.co.uk ...

Contacts in Exchange #2

Goal Seek #2

learning Excel #3

random number generator
Hey is there a way to generate random numbers like you would for a draft. In other words, i have numbers 1 through 10 and generate a random order for those? Use the RAND() function. If 1-10 are in A1:A10, enter =RAND() in cell B1 and copy it down through B10. Recalc (F9), then sort by column B. Hope this helps, Hutch "pat67" wrote: > Hey is there a way to generate random numbers like you would for a > draft. In other words, i have numbers 1 through 10 and generate a > random order for those? > . > You would have to generate 10 random numbers ...

Over Time Pay rate 1.51?

contact list #13

how to find an item in a list control?

default values in a cell