Trouble doing a formula for excel

Hi All

I have a spreadsheet with the following
A1: z:\data/pc32/tsheets\unsorder00039.csv

I would like to add 1 too the number to make unsorder00040.csv and so
I have try mid,right,left i can't seem to do it

Cheers

0
Jason4159 (666)
9/4/2008 12:28:11 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

"Jason" <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi All
>
> I have a spreadsheet with the following
> A1: z:\data/pc32/tsheets\unsorder00039.csv
>
> I would like to add 1 too the number to make unsorder00040.csv and so
> I have try mid,right,left i can't seem to do it
>
> Cheers

A2: =MID(A1,LEN(A1)-8,5)   = 00039
A3: =TEXT(A2+1,"00000")    =00040
A4: =LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-9)   =z:\data/pc32/tsheets\unsorder
A5 =A4&A3&RIGHT(A1,4) = z:\data/pc32/tsheets\unsorder00040.csv

or

A2:   =LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-9)&TEXT(MID(A1,LEN(A1)-8,5)+1,"00000")&RIGHT(A1,4)

Andy

Try this formula...

=LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-9)&TEXT(LEFT(RIGHT(A1,9),5)+1,"00000.")&RIGHT(A1,3)

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Jason" <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi All
>
> I have a spreadsheet with the following
> A1: z:\data/pc32/tsheets\unsorder00039.csv
>
> I would like to add 1 too the number to make unsorder00040.csv and so
> I have try mid,right,left i can't seem to do it
>
> Cheers

Or shortening the formula by one character...

=LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-9)&TEXT(LEFT(RIGHT(A1,9),5)+1,"00000")&RIGHT(A1,4)

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Rick Rothstein" <rick.newsNO.SPAM@NO.SPAMverizon.net> wrote in message
> Try this formula...
>
> =LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-9)&TEXT(LEFT(RIGHT(A1,9),5)+1,"00000.")&RIGHT(A1,3)
>
> --
> Rick (MVP - Excel)
>

> "Jason" <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hi All
>>
>> I have a spreadsheet with the following
>> A1: z:\data/pc32/tsheets\unsorder00039.csv
>>
>> I would like to add 1 too the number to make unsorder00040.csv and so
>> I have try mid,right,left i can't seem to do it
>>
>> Cheers

Shortening by another 7 characters and one function call...

=LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-9)&TEXT(LEFT(RIGHT(A1,9),5)+1,"00000.c\sv")

--

> Or shortening the formula by one character...
>
> =LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-9)&TEXT(LEFT(RIGHT(A1,9),5)+1,"00000")&RIGHT(A1,4)
>
> --
> Rick (MVP - Excel)
>

> "Rick Rothstein" <rick.newsNO.SPAM@NO.SPAMverizon.net> wrote in message
>> Try this formula...
>>
>> =LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-9)&TEXT(LEFT(RIGHT(A1,9),5)+1,"00000.")&RIGHT(A1,3)
>>
>> --
>> Rick (MVP - Excel)
>>

>> "Jason" <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi All
>>>
>>> I have a spreadsheet with the following
>>> A1: z:\data/pc32/tsheets\unsorder00039.csv
>>>
>>> I would like to add 1 too the number to make unsorder00040.csv and so
>>> I have try mid,right,left i can't seem to do it
>>>
>>> Cheers

Excel Maximized Larger than Screen?
I was on a PC yesterday where Excel Maximized was larger than the PC Screen ... very annoying ... What is the setup required to set Excel Maximized to PC Screen Size ... As always ... My many Thanks to those of you that support this board ... Kha ... Do you mean excel or a workbook within excel? If you meant excel, then I'm gonna guess (and it's just a guess) that either windows got confused (or you changed the display properties for your windows setting 1024x768 type of thing). I'd resize it and see if that fixed the problem. If it did, I'd chalk it up to one time thin...

How to export policies to excel
Hello All, Our organization has an in-house security tool that generates a text file with lists of policies and violations. A VB script reads that text file and populates certain cells on an excel file. There is one column for each db and one row for each policy. All are SQL 2000 and 2005 version. New policies are not covered by the tool. So it needs to be tool+manual scrips, or PBM, maybe? I wonder if it can be done through Policy Based Management. I am not sure how easy to generate a similar excel file out of SQL Server policies. Has anyone used Powershell and/or Report...

Help with a formula..
I am trying to create a formula that will take information from a cell on one sheet and combine it with text on another sheet. I know how to get the two together. My problem is that I want the part that is brought in to be bolded type. Here is what I have in the formula. ="we are pleased to submit our quotation for "&(cell reference)&" according to the following specifications." What I want to do is have the cell reference part be bold type. Is there a way to do that? It doesnt work if I bold the cell.. already tried it.. Any suggestions? Thanks! KK You'...

Trouble enabling Message tracking
when i go to enable message tracking on my 2k3 exchange server it comes up with the following error: Access Denied. Facitity: LDAP Provider ID no: 80070005 Microsoft exchange management. Now i have full rights over the domain - Full exchange right. I've also permissioned the share and NTFS of \\server\exchange.log correctly and this share points to c:\program files\Exchsrvr\server.log. Could someone please help me? many thanks Will Gerrish Are you trying to do this from the actual Exchange server or somewhere else? Nue "will gerrish" <willgerrish@discussions.microso...

Excel sheet not visible
When I open a local copy all I can see is the content of 1 cell in the menu bar, the work area is all blank gray. I can see the complete sheet (3 Pages) in print preview. Most users have no problem with this sheet. I have repaired the installation of Office 2000 and ran all updates, Same problem. It is something on the local PC that is causing this effect. Other sheets show up just fine. This is a very simple spred sheet with no formulas. Maybe it's just off the screen. Window|Arrange|Tiled (and then resize it the way you want) New group user 944 wrote: > > When I open a l...

Trouble doing a formula for excel
Hi All I have a spreadsheet with the following A1: z:\data/pc32/tsheets\unsorder00039.csv I would like to add 1 too the number to make unsorder00040.csv and so I have try mid,right,left i can't seem to do it Cheers "Jason" <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:53AAB904-8595-499F-BF38-8BE00826101C@microsoft.com... > Hi All > > I have a spreadsheet with the following > A1: z:\data/pc32/tsheets\unsorder00039.csv > > I would like to add 1 too the number to make unsorder00040.csv and so > I have try mid,right,left i can't see...

EXCEL caused an IPF in module OLEAUT32.DLL
I'm using Microsoft Office 2000 Professional on Win98-SE, I suddenly began getting the error message: EXCEL caused an invalid page fault in module OLEAUT32.DLL at 0187:653aac21. Registers: EAX=000047e9 CS=0187 EIP=653aac21 EFLGS=00010282 EBX=0040fd9c SS=018f ESP=0062b54c EBP=0062b5bc ECX=65350218 DS=018f ESI=00000000 FS=0f57 EDX=00000000 ES=018f EDI=00000001 GS=0000 I tried re-installing EXCEL but that didn't work. I changed the Oleaut32.dll with an older version and that also didn't work. I ran Office Setup and chose to run EXCEL from the CD and it went smooth without problems. ...

Excel worksheet with VBE codes don't work elsewhere
Hi, Some of my excel worksheets with embedded controls and VBA codes don' work when I open it on another PC. Is there another way to make i work? Thx -- lazybea ----------------------------------------------------------------------- lazybear's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3519 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=54955 Specifically what problems are you having? Saying "don't work" means absolutely nothing. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC ww...

Excel 2000 vs. Excel 2002

Customizing Excel's Border Defaults
I'm working with Excel 2000 and use Borders frequently. The preset default border is a thin line, yet I prefer and always change it to the thick line. How can I change the Excel default to the thick line rather than the thin line? I know it's a small problem, but it's driving me crazy changing it all the time. In WORD, I know how to easily "add style default to template", but can't figure it out in Excel. Any help is greatly appreciated! ...

conditional formatting in excel #3

copying formulas in vba
Hey guys. I was wondering if someone could help me. I am writing a vba script that takes in data, analyzes it, and then copies the results to a new file. I am having a problem with two things. 1) I am using a template for the new file so there are a lot of formulas (sums and std) already defined and ready to use. However, there are some instances where there is a random amount of additional data I have to put in. So, I have to apply the same formulas to this new data. How do I copy formulas from one cell to another (allowing for a change in row) in vba? Lets say cell(1,4) has the form...

Excel formula #24
What is the formula that brings back a zero for an empty cell instead of 0 0 #DIV/0! Try =if(iserror(formula),0,formula) ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8392DE7F-0B65-4DEE-87F4-985133BB1976@microsoft.com... > What is the formula that brings back a zero for an empty cell instead of > 0 0 #DIV/0! > ...

Excel Problem #3
I have win2000 with Office 2000 in the network! When i try to rename one excel file my computer make restart. This hapening not to all files,and all files there are in the same folder in the network! What hapen,and what i can do so as to work out the problem? I have all the required permissions on that network folder. No one else has any of the files open. They are not shared workbooks. ...

Excel Running Wild After Update
I ran the Office update via Auto Update. Word and Powerpoint seem fine but Excel attemtps to open every compatible file (and a few that aren't) when I start it up. After it overdoses on files it fails and closes. Any ideas on what to do other than reverting to an older version, pre-update? Wild guess: Look in Applications:Microsoft Office 2004:Office:Startup:Excel: . Are there a bunch of random files in there? I think Excel would try to open anything in there on launch. On 3/23/06 9:04 AM, "Jeff Fread" wrote: > I ran the Office update via Auto Update. Word and Powe...

MS Excel Print setup
Hi, When i save a document by using landscape setting,& by opening again that document it does'nt show saved setting. It shows portrait option,not landscpe option. Piyush ...

Excel pivot table #2