Transposing Excel Formula

I have the following formula to calculate the probability of an option
trading below price B3

Prob = =NORMSDIST((LN(B3/B2))/((B4/100)*SQRT(B5/365)))

B3 = Target Price
B2 = Stock Price
B4 = Implied Volatility
B5 = Days to Expiration

I want to transpose the formula to solve for B3, assuming a value for
Prob.

Here's what I got, but it doesn't give the expected answer - did I
make a mistake in these unfamiliar functions?:

B3= EXP(NORMSINV(Prob))*((B4/100)*SQRT(B5/365))*B2
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

On Feb 7, 10:14=A0am, Steveal <steve_alm...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have the following formula to calculate the probability of an option
> trading below price B3
>
> Prob =3D =3DNORMSDIST((LN(B3/B2))/((B4/100)*SQRT(B5/365)))
>
> B3 =3D Target Price
> B2 =3D Stock Price
> B4 =3D Implied Volatility
> B5 =3D Days to Expiration
>
> I want to transpose the formula to solve for B3, assuming a value for
> Prob.
>
> Here's what I got, but it doesn't give the expected answer - did I
> make a mistake in these unfamiliar functions?:
>
> B3=3D EXP(NORMSINV(Prob))*((B4/100)*SQRT(B5/365))*B2

Looking at your original formula shouldn't the transposed version be

B3 =3D EXP(NORMSINV(Prob)*((B4/100)*SQRT(B5/365)))*B2 ???
Alan,

YES!

Thanks,

Steve

Looking at your original formula shouldn't the transposed version be

B3 = EXP(NORMSINV(Prob)*((B4/100)*SQRT(B5/365)))*B2 ???

Office XP SP3 interfering w/ Excel
I tried installing Office XP service pack 3, but, like many other people, I don't have the Microsoft Office CD to insert when prompted. I figured I wouldn't install this update and ignore it. However, I just tried to open Excel to work on something and I received a message that said Windows in trying to update Microsoft Office with Front Page and I need to insert the CD (which I don't have). It also says I could browse for the file 'PROPLUS.MSI' (which I can't find on my computer). I can't open Excel, but all the other Microsoft Office Applications work j...

Problems calculating a converted html table to Excel XP (2002)
I have a generated report off the web that must be converted into Excel. When the report comes up initially it is in a .asp format. I save the report off the web in HTML format. Then open excel, then go to file -> open and browse for the file that I just saved. The report opens fine with all data showing up as is. However when I try to go and calculate a column of numbers, the answer that I get is 0. So if I go and add up say this list of numbers which is : 5, 7, and 8. The sum should be 20. Instead I get 0 everytime. I have tried to format the cells to be numbers instead of gen...

Excel #122
How do I get the the last two zeros to appear in cell i.e 10.00 With the cell selected, press Ctrl-1 or choose Format | Cells from the menu In the left panel of the 'Number" tab on the dialog box that's presented, choose 'Number' and then, in the rihgt panel, select the # of decimals you want displayed. "stickybun" wrote: > How do I get the the last two zeros to appear in cell i.e 10.00 ...

Excel in multiple sessions
A collegue is attempting to access data using vlookup in a spreadsheet from a second spreadsheet which is opened in a separate session on his workstation. It appears that multiple sessions of excel can't 'see' each other. Collegue needs to have multiple sessions as he uses lots of spreadsheets with LOTS of formulas. Attempting to open these sheets in single session usually results in crashes and lost work. Does anyone out there know anything about this? Using Excel 2000 on Windows 2000 Professional sp4. Thanks =vlookup() worked ok for me--but by having the workbooks in separ...

Help with formula #31
I'm sure there is a way to modify this formula but have no idea.I'd like for it to do this: =IF(A30="","",SUM(C3:C25)*ROUNDUP(Worksheet2!G3/G1,0)) which is fine. But if Worksheet2!G3 has more than whats in G1 then MINUS Sum(C3:C12) to the above formula. Example: Worksheet2!G3 has the total Qty. Sheet1 has a number in it (25) For every 25 this formula is dividing Worksheet2!G3 by 25. I want it to divide only once, then Do formula Minus Sum(C3:C12) as many times as G1 will go into it. Thanks in advance!!! ...

formula change problem
I have a working formula that looks like this: Code ------------------- .Offset(P, 5).Formula = "=IF(RC[-1]>100,IF(RC[1]=""Y"", if(rc[2]=""US"",""TRUE"")),""FALSE"")" ------------------- and I want to change it to: Code ------------------- .Offset(P, 5).Formula = "=IF(.offset(P, 4) > 100, " & _ "IF(.offset(P, 6) =""Y"", " & _ "IF(.offset(P, 7) =""US"",""TRUE"")),""FALSE&q...

2 sumif functions in one formula
Is it possible to have 2 sumif functions in one formula and return the same results. If so, how would the formula be written? Thanks. Todd If you are to return the same results why do you need 2 formulas? It would be good to give specifics with examples. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Todd" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:04d201c3b391$f9f5ef20$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to have 2 sumif functions in one formula > and return the same results. If so, how would the formula > be written? Thanks. > > T...

hOW TO USE eXCEL FUNCTION
=IF(AND(M26<=7501,N26="A"),M26*G12,IF(AND(M26<=7500,N26="B"),M26*F12),IF(AND(M26<=7500,N26="C"),M26*E12),0) SO THAT I AM ABLE TO UNDERSTAND IF SALARY OF EMPLOYEE LESS THEN 7500 AND GRADE IS A THEN 10% OR GARDE IS B THEN 8% OR GRADE IS C THEN 6% OR NOINCREMENT Hi, I think this is what you want =IF(AND(M26<7500,N26="A"),M26*G12,IF(AND(M26<7500,N26="B"),M26*F12,IF(AND(M26<7500,N26="C"),M26*E12,0))) -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest a...

Excel 2003
Hi all Excel Gurus, I need help. I have an excel workbook with a sheet called template and i want to create a button to copy a selection of data which is B9:B34 and i need it to paste the information to another excel workbook with a sheet called data which will be A:AA and add each row when pressed. When the data has been copied over i need it to close the data sheet. Can someone help me please? When you copy a range of cells you only have to specify in the destination l;ocation the 1st cell of the range like I did below. Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() FName ...

Excel 2003
When I click on the end of a formula in a cell, I usually get all the associated cells highlighted with different coloured borders. I have one workbook with several sheets where this no longer happens on just one sheet. Is there some option I need to turn on in the sheet to make the coloured cell borders appear? Or might it be something to do with very recently using automaic update to bring my Office 2003 up to date? Any assistance much appreciated. Tom Walker You should always get *exactly* the same actions if you would click in the formula bar. As far as having the cell itself h...

excel 2002 data filter
hello this is the case if i have in column A data like this: http://www.abc.com http://www.cba.com http://www.abc.com ok. When i press select complete column A and then select DATA - FILTER - ADVANCE FILTER - UNIQUE RECORDS ONLY i get folowing result: http://www.cba.com this is not what i want. I want to get folowing result: http://www.abc.com http://www.cba.com u see what i meen? Can u help please and thank you very much!!! On Feb 14, 2:10=A0am, Ivanko <Iva...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > hello > this is the case > > if i have in column A data lik...

as400<iSeries db<ntWS<macro<excel tools
i have an inventory of appx 1000 serial numbers. using keystroke recording, i can populate 2 - 6 fields on 4 green screens to complete a process on one serial number. is there a way to tweak my macro to incrementally continue, automatically, from a list stored in an excel workbook on the client? would be very grateful for fresh ideas. Show us your macro and some data details. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "ayeFayze" <ayeFayze@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7688E31B-F5AD-491F-A9E8-9B03AA0168D6@microsoft.com... ...

how I can insert date picker in excell template?
Maybe one of these will help: http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm http://www.fontstuff.com/vba/vbatut07.htm Regards Rowan ...

Excel crashes while opening excel file imbeddied with macros
Help! This is the similar problem as mentioned by Delbert on 12/12/2005 that whenever they open a particular Excel file, it gives them a "Send Report Error." Weird thing about it is it doesnt happen in all other Excel files, only happens to this file when saving as usual and trying to reopen it shortly after that. It happens on my machine and my friend working on the same file also. Details: OS: Winxp Office 2003 SP2 Files are saved in local drive Files are around 12MB size (varies) Files have Macros imbedded Files have links While opening, the dialogue box appears twice, asking...

Script to backup and rename excel files...
I plan to use a row delete script (I have this already) to get rid of old data here at work. Before I run this though (I will be running it fairly frequently) I thought I should backup the file I am working on. Is it possible to write a script which creates a backup of the current Excel file I am working on, without changing the filename of the 'live' workbook, and which names the backup file with the time and date so it is both unique and also searchable (EG 03122003-1645.xls or similar) ? Ideally I would combine the two scripts so that once the script is run a backup is created an...

SQL Reports in Administration & Excel Crashing
I am using GP 10 and have recently deployed SQL Reporting Services reports in Dynamics. I have a problem when I go to access the reports. In GP 10 after going into Administration and Custom Reports, I get a message that Excel 2007 has crashed. I am not sure why since I am not trying to access Excel 2007 at that time and do not have it open. I realized that that is not an Excel forum, but hoping someone might know a solution due to how Dynamics is relating to Excel in this area that would cause this problem. I had Excel problems that seem similar to your's. I had an Excel...

How to get the Mainwindow of Excel via COM ?
Hello there, I didnot found a methode in the Exel VBA-Documentation to get the MainWindow of Excel. Now Im using CWnd::FindWindow("XLMAIN",NILL). But is not there a COM-Function ? Thanks Mark I dont know if there is a function but that will be available thru the Object Model of Excel if its exposed by it. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Mark Henning" <mhenning@gmx.net> wrote in message news:unG$y6NNEHA.2336@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hello there, > > I didnot found a methode in the Exel VBA-Documentation to get the MainWindow > of E...

using the Lotus 1-2-3 file import, numbers command in excel
how do i use the lotus 1-2-3 file import, number command in an excel spreadsheet? this command in lotus..allows me to just import numbers, no text is imported..i do not want to import text...please advise..im trying to convert a lotus spreadsheet to excel and i need to figure out how to do this in excel ...

CVS file won't open in Excel 97, Help Please!
I'm new at this so please bear with me. I am trying to open a CVS attachment. The attachment contains a spreadsheet with imported tab delimited files.The attachment automatically opens my Excel program. (I have tried to save the file and open but that doesn't work either). When the program tries to open I get the error message: SYLK: File format is not valid My excel program is Excel 97 Any help would be greatly appreciated. This was posted by Myrna Larson: =========== >From - Wed Apr 12 17:18:13 2000 From: Myrna Larson <myrnalarson@home.net> Subject: Re: file form...

making a primary key in excel
hiya, i would just like to know howq you can format a column so that it automatically inserts an ID when i input a new record. ta ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ your best bet is to have a formula such as =A1+1 in the cell A2, but you would need to drag this formula down. If you don't want users to overtype this, you'd need to lock it down and protect the sheet. Cheers, Katherine "electric_d" <electric_d.vqwbb@excelforum-nospam...

How to set Read-Only Recommended as default save in Excel 2002?
How do I set Read-Only Recommended as default to save files in Excel 2002? Thanks. This is not a global option. Must be done on each workbook. One way around this is to open a new workbook then save as a Template with the options you want. Name the workbook BOOK and save as MS Excel Template(*.xlt) Do not enter the extension, Excel will do that for you. Store in your XLSTART folder and it will become the template for all workbooks when opened via File>New Note: this will not affect previously saved workbooks. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 14:11:01 -0700, "flyaj&q...

Help needed in excel transpose #2
I need a macro to transpose data in the excel.The data that i have is in the following format: Summary Some data Steps 1)Some data 2)Some data Expected Result Some data Keywords Some data This is repeated in the next row and so on.. I need it in the following format Summary Steps Expected Result Keywords somedata 1)Some data Some data Some data 2)Some data Summary Steps Expected Result Keywords somedata 1)Some data Some data Some data 2)Some data Note that th...

Avoiding circular reference on formula
Hi, There is a formula called retail ratio which is Product Sales divided by the sum of Product Sales and Service Sales. or RR = P/(S+P). I am trying to create a "What If" chart which would allow someone to plug in values for the Retail Ratio. The Service Sales are also known. What I am trying to do is to solve for what the Product Sales would be. So RR and S are know but P is not. Since it is both in the numerator and denomiator, I am trying to come up with a formula that solves for this. Here is what my chart looks like. Can someone help? Thanks, Chuck Person ...

Excel 2007 & XP/Vista
I hope this is the right newsgroup for this posting, my apologies if not. If I open a workbook in Vista (which also loads Common Macros.xlsm via XLSTART) and then open another workbook this also opens the same instance of Excel. However, if I then try open a workbook in an email attachment another instance of Excel loads and I get the message "File in Use - Common Macros.xlsm is locked for editing" and I am given the option to Open Read Only, Notify or cancel. In my XP installation everything opens within the one instance of Excel without any problems. Is there anything tha...

Input Japanese in Excel X
I have english version of Office X. I can input Japanese in Word X but can not do it in Excel X, when I try to paste the Japanese characters that I type in Word X to Excel X it appear to be some symbol and character, I have also double check that the font of the cell is set to Osaka already. Excel X had already been registered to Japanese. On 7/30/03 8:14 AM, in article c85ebdb0.0307291514.3a5305e1@posting.google.com, "CY" <dcywoo@attglobal.net> wrote: > I have english version of Office X. I can input Japanese in Word X > but can not do it in Excel X, when I try to p...