Transfer from file to document very slow

I take about 40 seconds for the document to come up on screen
This also happens in Word
0
MARTIN1 (286)
12/25/2007 2:28:00 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

It is impossible to provide a concrete suggestion with so little
information.  The slow opening of a file could be due to any and all of
the following as well as many other factors.

	Insufficient RAM to hold the large file leads to numerous
time-consuming saves to virtual memory.

	A virus protection program to blocking the opening of the file until it
has completed a virus threat check on the file.

	Other applications are hogging machine resources. A potential resource
hogging application may be a variation on a computer virus or worm; take
appropriate action.

Most Microsoft Windows operating systems will bring up a list of the
running applications by pressing control+Alt+delete keys simultaneously.

If the problem occurs when opening applications other than Excel, i.e.
if the problem is not specifically associated with using Excel, I
suggest that you seek help from a message board that addresses your
operating system rather than one that is focused on Excel issues.

WindsurferLA

Thomas M Martin wrote:
> I take about 40 seconds for the document to come up on screen
> This also happens in Word
0
ps144nyc (65)

MSP file backup
Dear sir, This happened twice that my MSP file crashed.Many activities got automatically deleted.There are no macros at present.How to creat a back a file. And how to use it. -- Amey B. Vidvans, Planning Engineer Vidvans_amey@rediffmail.com Project, to my knowledge, will not automatically delete tasks.Crash might be by Project, or maybe something else on your computer. Hard to really know what happened when crashes involved. Could be your file is corrupted and since a crash involved, perhaps the crash contributed to that. To deal with a corrupted file, see http://p...

Outlook 2003
In Outlook 2003-- I need to have a command for me to SEND email and then prompt me to FILE the sent email into one of my folders that I choose so I am able to pick the folder each time. I would like to create a button in the standard menu bar for: Send & File Thank you See if the VBA code at http://www.outlookcode.com/d/code/setsavefolder.htm does what you need. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "jc1148" <jc1148@dis...

Changing the default folder view when opening or saving a file
In PowerPoint 2003, when clicking file>open to open an existing file, the “open” window defaults to the List view. Can the “Details” view be saved as the default? ...

Transfer custom fields to asst.?
I created a custom Yes/No field in my Contacts folder to let me assistant know who to invite to a party. I then exported my .pst file but when she opened it on her computer, the custom field wasn't there. When we created the field on her computer with the same name, the values (Yes or No) hadn't transferred across. We're using OL 2002. Is there some way to do this? This message is appropriate for the Outlook NGs you posed to but not for word.newusers. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA Word MVP FAQ site: http://www.mvps.org/word E...

Not a valid single file web page
When opening an excel file, I get the error message filename.xls is not a valid single web file page. The file came from an e-mail from which I am able to open it. However, after saving the file to My Documents, I cannot open it. Does anyone know of a conversion or setting -- Bill Cook My original intent was to get the file to open even though Excel prevents me. I found a work around by making a copy of the file and changing the file extension to .mht. After doing so, it should open in your browser when you try to open it. From there, I saved it as a .txt file which I could then ...

Having Two Excel Files Show At Same Time ?
Hi, Something must have changed, I guess. Running XP. Have two Excel file icons on my desktop. Never had any problem opening and showing both on the desktop, and being able to easily click on one or the other to edit. Now, it seems, I can only have one showing. As soon as I try to open up the other, the first totally disappears. What might have changed, or what am I doing wrong ? How do I get them both to show, again ? Thanks, Bob Menu Tools>Options>View and check Windows In Taskbar -- HTH Bob Phillips (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail i...

CRM should have document templates and document generation
1) Users should be able to maintain document (i.e. letter) templates inside CRM. 2) Users should be able to generate a letter (from a template) for a client. 3) A "Letter Activity" should be created with the document attached. 4) This should be available through the Web Client as well as Outlook ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Mi...

The saved file opens as an old version of the file
I am having an issue with saving a publisher file and then when I email it to another computer the file opens as an old version of the file. We have tried saving the file as a different file name each time we make adjustments but it still doesn't work. We are both running Publisher 2003 but I am on vista and the other computer is XP. Please help!!! What makes you believe the file is changing versions? The file will save in the version you select when doing the Save operation. -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "Laura" <Laura@discussions.microsoft.com>...

pst file to Lotus Notes
We will be connecting to our Corporate office over a WAN. We are currently using Exchange Server locally. The Corporate office is using Lotus Notes. We will be using new computers with Lotus Notes installed, Outlook not installed. How can we incorporate our outlook pst file into Lotus Notes? If there is a way to do this, are there instructions available? Thank you for your help in advance! Candace Sparks ...

spell check protected document
Hi. I want to a macro (for activex control) that will spell check a password protected document. I have locked certain cells that contain formulas (numerical) but other cells have manual input (text) which needs spell checking. I want a macro for my Button that will spell check and print (printing not a problem, it just wont spell check password protected doc). Any suggestions? Thanks Sportingspaniel, here is one way Sub Spell_Check() 'spell check a protected sheet ActiveSheet.Unprotect password:="123" Cells.CheckSpelling CustomDictionary:="CUSTOM.DIC", Ign...

business portal using xls files
I am using the Frx report posting tool and I know that I can put a .doc, .pdf or .htm file. Why does it not see an xls file? I understand that i can see only one file type at a time, but no matter how I do the xls file it will not pick up and show on the web. Is there another way to post an xls file . ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Micro...

Help with .pst file
My outlook.pst file for Outlook 2000 is 600 meg. That's far too much after exporting only 17 meg from OE6. How do I, and what program should I use to, open the .pst file in Windows Explorer so I can see what is going on and why the file is so big. Thanks again for your help, Dan No other program but Outlook can open a PST file. Did you compact it? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Daniel Arrepas" <arrepas.daniel@butler-rosebury.com> wrote in message news:g3p0e.60$pA4.499@news.uswest.net... > My outlook.pst file for Outlook 2000 is 600 meg. That's far too muc...

how do I make a 4 page brochure from8 separate existing files?
I have 8 pages for a flier but I can't figure out how to get them to print sequentially and back to back. They are all Publisher files created separately. Seems easy but i am wasting alot of time trying to get it to work. Right now I am having to print each one separately, run them back through to print another page on the back, etc. Can anyone help? Insert choices are only for blank pages???? What size are the flyers? If they are letter size, In page setup, select booklet. If you have a large format printer, setup the printer first for tabloid (11 x 17). Open your flyer public...

how 2 open Publisher 93 document in Publisher 98 or 2003
I have numerous Publisher 92/93 documents which I want to update and save but I keep getting message "Publisher cannot open this document" - I run both Publisher 98 and 2003 - how can I open these documents - many thanx Depending on the specific version of Publisher those files were made with, you may need to find someone who has that version and start saving up to the present. Try finding someone with Pub 97 - that might work. -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 "Nannarob" <Nannarob@discussio...

I cannot open MP2000 file in ML2003.
Please help! Just bought a new laptop and it has MP2003 on it. I have been trying to open my existing MP2000 files and it says "Publisher cannot open file." I have not had this problem with any of the other programs. Thanks! Do you have Norton? Disable "Script Blocking" and "Office Plug-ins". -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "MysticWolf13" <MysticWolf13@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA1917EC-8C32-4D11-A753-A1700497AB3F@microsoft.com... > Please help...

Error opening Excel File
Hi, I'm currently having these days an error while opening an excel sheet. The sheet is shared among five users. When one tries to open it, a message indicates that the file is locked for editing by another user and after checking with the user, I understand that he has already closed the file but the latter remains locked. Can someone help? ...

Slow to recall a transaction or void
Running RMS 1.3 with about a 2GB DB and a decent server (4GB RAM) on SQL 2005. All operations perform smoothly and quickly except when going to F11 to recall or void a transaction. This can take 60 to 120 seconds to just bring up a list of transactions for 1 day. If I then reindex the database, it takes less than 1 second to generate the same list of transactions from F11. Does anyone know what query is being run when you use F11 to look at "recall a transaction for return" or "void" so that I can try and see what is holding things up in SQL. I would have thoug...

Transfer Calendar, Folder List, Contacts, Rules, etc
Win2K O2K SP3 Outlook2K I had to create a new user/profile for myself on the same PC. The previous user/profile is still accessible. How can I transfer my Outlook settings, i.e. Calendar, Contacts, Folder Lists, Rules and others to 'the new' user? Copy over the pst-file and reconnect to it via; File-> Open-> Personal Data File... Also see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http:...

how does one convert a publisher file into a jpeg or gif file for.
for recipients with older email versions, such as Outlook 2000? I need to convert a multiple page publication, not just the first page. >-----Original Message----- >for recipients with older email versions, such as Outlook 2000? >I need to convert a multiple page publication, not just the first page. >. > Your question is puzzling. First you are rambling about convert "publisher file into a jpeg." If you are using Publisher 2003, choose Save as from the File drop down menu and in Save as type box, scroll down to JPEG File Interchange Format (* .jpg). I have no ide...

Money file won't open
I've recently migrated from Quicken to Money 2005 and it has opened just fine until today. Now I get a screen saying Money will update make a copy of my file and then update it with the latest improvements, but I can't get the file to open - and I do have the correct password. What do I have to do to get my file back? In microsoft.public.money, Windwatcher wrote: >I've recently migrated from Quicken to Money 2005 and it has opened just >fine until today. Now I get a screen saying Money will update make a copy >of my file and then update it with the latest impr...

GPO to not use NK2-files?
Hi, Were having problems with the NK2-files and I'd like to (for a while) make it unpossible to use the NK2-file, for our users. Is there a GPO setting I could use, to have Outlook not look in the NK2-file? Alex Hi Alex, maybe this site is helpfull: "Microsoft Outlook Auto Complete enable or disable?" http://www.infopackets.com/news/software/windows_tips/2003/20030630_microsoft_outlook_auto_complete_enable_or_disable.htm -- Oliver Vukovics Share Outlook without Exchange (Win7, Office 2010 Ready): Public ShareFolder Synchronize Outlook between PC and Notebook...

Printing Out of Macro & VBA Codes for Documentation Purposes
Hi can anyone please advise me how I can print out my Macro & VBA cod from an Excel 2000 spreradsheet as I need them for documentatio purposes. Any help would be greatly appreciated Ro -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Robert, Open up the Visual Basic Editor (Alt+F11) from Excel. Select the module or project you wish to print. Then go to File|Print, select your options and click ok. tim robertguy < wrote: > Hi > > can anyone please advise me how I can print out my Macro & VBA code > from an Excel 2000 spreradsheet as I need them for docume...

Online IT filing
welcome to the hassale free world of taxation. File your IT returns online on a click with just RS.99. ...

Slow Computer
Please help me with this issue. I apologize if I have posted this in an inappropriate group. I bought an Acer Aspire 6 cell Netbook (Windows XP I believe) a few months ago . It ran great for a few months. Now it is vey slow. I did the following: 1. Did a run misconfig and deselected the programs I did not want. ( I get an error window that says: An access denied error was returned while attempting to change a service... but yet it seems to deselect the software) 2. Opened Chrome and Mozilla / Firefox and cleared history, cache etc. But it is still very slow. ...

Resyncing or Flushing Transaction Log Files
What is the best way to resync or flush the transaction logs in exchange? I completed a full back up with and error and the logs do not flush. I am using Veritas 10D. I have tried using the NT-Back up on the exchange box and am recieving and error. "NT BackUP Report Below" The Information store is mounted and working properly but I am quickly running out of space do to the log files. I moved some of the older log files to a network drive. If I cannot complete a full back up 3rd party or NTBackup what is the best way to flush the log files. Backup Status Operation: Backu...