Total a column from sheet 2 based on value in sheet 1

Col B			Col C					 Col F
Mary             		Team 1				 $331.00
George  		Team 1				 $222.00
Sam 			Team 2				 $186.00
Tom			Team 2		   	             $100.00

Above is an example of my data on Sheet 2. On Sheet 1, I want to total all
the total funds raised per Team shown on Sheet 2. I am trying to create a
summary of what each team raised.

I tried using the formula: =SUM(('sheet 2'!F2:F482=Sheet1!B2)) and I get
just a dash in my total col.

Can anyone provide some help?

Thanks

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Look in HELP for the SUMIF() function

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"NeedHelpFast" <NeedHelpFast@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| Col B Col C Col F
| Mary             Team 1 $331.00
| George  Team 1 $222.00
| Sam Team 2 $186.00
| Tom Team 2                 $100.00
|
| Above is an example of my data on Sheet 2. On Sheet 1, I want to total all
| the total funds raised per Team shown on Sheet 2. I am trying to create a
| summary of what each team raised.
|
| I tried using the formula: =SUM(('sheet 2'!F2:F482=Sheet1!B2)) and I get
| just a dash in my total col.
|
| Can anyone provide some help?
|
| Thanks

0
nicolaus (2022)
5/16/2008 6:41:18 PM
I had tried using help but did not find the answer. I found an old Excel book
by Que and found the formula that I need.
Hi,

Your formula should look more like:

Assuming that you list  team names in column B of sheet1 and the team names
are in column B of sheet2 also

=SUM(('sheet 2'!B$2:B$482=Sheet1!B2)*('sheet 2'!F$2:F$482))   this formula
would be array entered (Shift+Ctrl+Enter)  or

=SUMPRODUCT(('sheet 2'!B$2:B$482=Sheet1!B2)*('sheet 2'!F$2:F$482))   not
array entered.  There are other variations of this.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire
Microsoft Excel MVP

"NeedHelpFast" <NeedHelpFast@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Col B Col C Col F
> Mary             Team 1 $331.00
> George  Team 1 $222.00
> Sam Team 2 $186.00
> Tom Team 2                 $100.00
>
> Above is an example of my data on Sheet 2. On Sheet 1, I want to total all
> the total funds raised per Team shown on Sheet 2. I am trying to create a
> summary of what each team raised.
>
> I tried using the formula: =SUM(('sheet 2'!F2:F482=Sheet1!B2)) and I get
> just a dash in my total col.
>
> Can anyone provide some help?
>
> Thanks

Recipient Policy help #2
Our default recipient policy is companyname.local. We have 10 other recipient policy’s for each site within our company – they all have separate smtp addresses. The postmaster uses the default recipient policy smtp address companyname.local to send out ndr’s etc. but the address companyname.local is not allowed out of our firewall and it wont be allowed. We can create a new address to add as the default recipient policy which is unique and is allowed through the firewall. Please let me know if this is ok and what I should look out for??? So I am a little confused about what you are as...

Problems with creating a newsletter

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

Meeting updates #2

printing 2 charts on single page