tool tip text in excel button

Hi,

I have added button inside excel sheet(not vb control). Is it possible to
add tooltip text for this?
I am able to set tooltip text for vb controls. But i cannot use these
controls inside excel sheet.

Thanks and regards
Duraiswamy

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

extract numbers from text string
I have a column of cells with information in some of the cells only. the information is text with numbers (the text can be of varying length), for example: C3 could contain: 1 avml 12 chml 1 special occasion. There could be as many as 12 variations in the string of text. I need to extract all the information into other cells, seperating the numbers from the text so H3 = 1 I3 = avml, etc. How do I do this with visual basic? We need a little more information... what do you want to happen when multiple words occur without an intervening number? For example, how did you want the words "...

Can Excel automaticly help me
I have following problem. I have created my own worksheet. I use it for controlling work progress and deadlines on different projects. My question is: can i program Excel to automaticly give me a notice when the date for an deadline approces. Kim, There is more than 1 way but a solution most favoured is to change the colour of a cell using conditional formating as the date in that cell approaches. Try this:- Select the cell with your due date in (A1 in this case) and then Format|Conditional format Select formula is and paste this in =TODAY()-A1<=5 Select a colour (say red) and cli...

Problems saving Excel & MS Office 2000 files.
We are seeing issues when saving files to user directory on a windows 2000 server. The users are all using Windows 2000 pro systems & Office 2000 Pro. The original files will disappear & a new file with a random 8 character name will appear in their directory. The file will have no security permissions associated with it. It is not happening all of the time, just random. The servers are all Dell 1500sc or 1600sc w/1.2 gig of ram and 60 gig of hd space on the shared directory. The servers are also acting as a print server as well as running Norton Anti-Virus Corp Edition...

Exporting to excel
Hi, I have a little problem with Microsoft CRM 3.0 and exporting to excel any data. While i'm trying to do that from machine with WinXP everything works great(IE doesnt close) but when i try to proceed that from Windows Server 2003 it fails. When i try to just open exported data, IE closes and excel appears but with no data because it cant find the file. When i try to save data to excel, IE closes as well but data is exported. Furthermore when i have additional IE window opened i can export data(IE still closes). Thanks in advance Regards ...

from "date" to "text"
Hi there, I have cells formatted as date (e.g. 11/9/03) and I'd like to change the format to text. But when I do it, the values change as well (e.g. "36472"). What can I do to avoid this? Thanks You can't. Dates, to Excel, are the number of days since Jan 1, 1900. That's the what you are seeing when you try to change the format to text. You need to tell us why you want it as text. You have lots of other choices of formats available. If you absolutely have to have text, you will need to create a helper cell, and use a formula like: =text(a1,"m/d...

Using Excel with Access
Is it possible to have excel update automaticlly if I'm entering data into an offline Access Report. I'd like to be able to enter data into access and have it update my excel report at the same time. Is this Possible? If so How? Thanks -- petevang ------------------------------------------------------------------------ petevang's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25034 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=400501 ...

Problems when saving worksheet into tab-delimited text file
I save a spreadsheet into a tab-delimited text file for later import into an Access database. One column contains text strings in which "comma values" can be found. Once save to the text file, those records that have commas in the Excel cells now contain double quotes (".....") at the beginning and end of the text string. As a result, during the data import into Access (and later comparison), the records are considered new and add records to tables. During testing procedures, I realized that replacing the comma with a semicolon would not add the double quotes when savin...

Sum query (single value) to appear in a text box
I am have a SUM query (which works okay). I want to display the value of that query in a read-only text box on a form. However, when I set Control Source for that text box to =[qry_theSumQuery].[summedField] it does not work for me. I do not see any other way to do this. Can someone give me some advise on how to do this? Thanks. - Paul Schrum one way is in the form's load event, put: Me.yourTextbox = nz(DLookup("summedfield", "qry_theSumQuery"),0) Damon <paul.schrum@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1172272653.613655.323170@a75g2000cwd.googlegroups.co...

Excel 97 Validation
I have cell formatted for percent and would like to validate the same cell to enter a whole number between 1 and 100. I want an input to be in whole numbers with the operand and displayed as 85%. The problem is entering a value of 85 yields 8500% due to the format of the operand. I am also using this cell in a formula in another cell. I then changed the validation to decimal between .01 and 1. This works fine except now the input has to be .85 for 85% (Although I discovered it works fine if you do not go out the range at first. You can repeatedly enter whole numbers until a number is ent...

In Excell--- I want to rotate a table 90 degrees
I need to rotate a spreadsheet (11 x 8 1/2)landscape to be on a portrait (8 1/2 x 11). Is it possible to rotate a spreadsheet? you mean actually print it with what shows as the columns being the rows and vice versa? highlight the original table and as you have the last cell highlighted, note in the NAME box on the upper left the Row x Column numbers. Select a range on another sheet that is exactly the flip of those numbers (in other words, stretch until you get the Row x Column to be the Column x Row of the original size). When you have selected this new range, type =TRANSPOSE(hig...

Excel Solver
I have a very simple model I've created with with Excel Solver. Easy data with which I can easily come up with solutions seems to baffle Solver. Is there anybody out there that would receive this spreadsheet to and give me some input? "Mark Reuber" <aaronprinting@gmail.com> wrote: > Is there anybody out there that would receive this > spreadsheet to and give me some input? I struggle with Solver myself sometimes. It is not always able to find solutions, especially with the default options. But I would be willing to take a look-see. Send your workb...

Import external data-text files but placed in the next column rather than next empty row
I want to import text files in to one worksheet. The text files are sent daily and all the same format. However the text file names change buy an incremental number. Is it possible to create a macro that imports these text files, ignoring their exact filename but from the same source directory into one worksheet. Can you use wild cards for the name e.g. "********.txt"? At the moment I can manually do this, by selecting the cell below the last record then using the process "Get external Data" and following the wizard which works fine. As soon as I try to create a m...

Outlook automation: Problem with RTF-Text in body
Hello NG, I hope, this is the right forum! I'm using Outlook 2003 SP3 automation for sending emails out of an SQLWindows program written with TD5.1, OS is WinXP prof. Everything works fine with plain text, but when I'm trying to send RTF formatted text all the format characters can be seen in the mail, although Outlook displays the right message format: RTF. I set the BodyFormat property of the Mail item to olFormatRichText and placed the text string in the Body property ( using HTMLBody doesn't work either). The text is well RTF-formatted, I can open it with different edito...

I am trying to learn about DPM system recovery tool
I installed the server on windows 2003 and then created a schedule for backup evryday once. I added another windows 2003 machine. Now it creates recovery points every day once. It shows that it hae recovery points for everyday. But when I goto recovery center, it doesn't show any recovery point when I try to rollback to earlier date. Any Clue. ...

Can EXCEL list amounts that, when added, total to a specific value? How?
My task is to generate a list of all "6 value combinations" that total a collection of specific sums. Simple Example: All "2 value combinations" that, when added, =13 List: D701:D709, filled with 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 Solutions: 4&9, 5&8, 6&7 ( 9&4, 8&5, 7&6 would be considered duplicates for my task but I can deal with this manually if they can't be "programmed out" ). This would take care of one specific sum. Summary: If I have 10 specific sums for which to perform this, and must ...

Removiing decimals from an excel number
Here is the issue: I have numbers like this one - 10000.01.01.200 I just want the prime number 10000. How can I do that? I tried Ctrl+F and replace but is there a more efficient way? Thanks! =LEFT(A1,FIND(".",A1)-1) -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201001 "Data Analyst" wrote: > Here is the issue: I have numbers like this one - 10000.01.01.200 > > I just want the prime number 10000. How can I do that? I tried Ctrl+F and > replace but is there a more efficient way? > > Thanks! try this =LEFT(A1,FIND(".",A1,1)-1)...

an imported text field from Excel displays as an exponential number in Access
I'm trying to import an Excel worksheet into an Access table, and one of the text fields in Excel contains numbers stored as text. In Excel, one of these values displays as: 9782946 But after I import the worksheet into Access, it displays as: 9.78295e+006 It appears that Excel is sending this data to Access as a number, rather than as text. I realize that as far as Excel is concerned I'm storing a number as text, and while it's all well and good that Excel is trying to be so helpful, I would like it to treat the data as text. That's why I formatted...

How to get TEXT() to display minutes?
If I code =text(B2,"M") I get the month number. How can I get TEXT() to return the minutes? Does =MINUTE(B2) do what you want? -- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "Square Peg" <SquarePeg@Round.Hole> wrote in message news:5h6ud4tq4pfff7mveg9avt9a0rc7p2qkb7@4ax.com... > If I code > > =text(B2,"M") > > I get the month number. How can I get TEXT() to return the minutes? On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 09:24:57 +0100, "Bob Phillips" <bob.ngs@somewhere.com> wrote: >Does ...

Pivot Table chart field buttons
I have a pivot table chart with several field buttons across the top. How can I move them to the side? Thanks in advance for your help! You should be able to drag the field buttons from the page area to the column area. What happens when you try to move them? Jeff M wrote: > I have a pivot table chart with several field buttons across the top. How can > I move them to the side? > > Thanks in advance for your help! -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Populating text field based on Picklist selection
Hi, there is probably an easy solution to this and I'm missing something very simple. I have a picklist which, when a value is selected, I then need to populate a seperate text field with a corresponding value. Eg; Picklist contains "City 1", "City 2", "City 3", etc. I now need an OnChange to enable to following formula ... If 'Picklist field' = "City 1" then 'text field" displays "State 1" If 'Picklist field' = "City 2" then 'text field" displays "State 2" and so on .... I'm ...

How to Change Media Player in Excel
While I am playing the Videos in Excel through Hyperlinks it was opening in the player which I dont know...So, I wanna change my video player to WMP or VLC. is it possible? how cld? This has to do with the file associations on your computer, not Excel. Do a search for "change file associations" in your favorite search engine and follow the instructions for your OS. --JP On Feb 2, 11:59=A0pm, Change Media Player in Excel Hyperlink <Change Media Player in Excel Hyperl...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > While I am playing the Videos in Excel through Hyperl...

Formula needed: count if cell CONTAINS certain text
What formula do I need to count the cells that CONTAIN a certain text (<> equal!) e.g. A1 = John A2 = Pieter A3 = William count cells that CONTAIN "i": 2 (A2 and A3) What (set of) formula should I use? Excel Help doesn't give me the answer. Wim On 7 Dec 2005 04:28:36 -0800, "Wim" <eisingspam@iafrica.com> wrote: >What formula do I need to count the cells that CONTAIN a certain text >(<> equal!) >e.g. >A1 = John >A2 = Pieter >A3 = William > >count cells that CONTAIN "i": 2 (A2 and A3) > >What (set of) formula...

1.2 Redeployment Tool Unhandled Exception
I am trying to recreate a V1.2 environment for testing purposes (with a view to upgrade to V3.0) Have restored db's but when I try to run the redeployment wizard I get the following error message:- An unhandled exception has occured in your application... Unkown error (0x80005000) The details are shown below. Anyone experience this before or have any ideas? Most grateful for any help. Details: See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box. ************** Exception Text ************** System.Runtime.InteropServices.COM...

Viewing text 2003 vs. 2007
I have a 2003 worksheet with many lines of wrapped text. When I select a cell I can read all the text in the formula bar. But I sent it to someone with 2007 and they claim only the first line of text is visible. Is there an option in 2007 that needs to be selected to read all text? -- Matt S ask the person to double click on the cell or at the top, widden the area where you see the text. If the text had a control break (alt+enter) then it may have stacked the data and they are looking at only the first line "Matt S" wrote: > I have a 2003 worksheet with ma...

CPropertySheet OK Button Event Handling Not Work
I have handled the event of OK button in a CPropertySheet like this: BOOL CSkifknedSheet::OnCommand (WPARAM wParam, LPARAM lParam) { if (CWnd::OnCommand (wParam, lParam)) return TRUE; UINT nID = LOWORD(wParam); HWND hWndCtrl = (HWND)lParam; int nCode = HIWORD(wParam); if (hWndCtrl != NULL && nCode == BN_CLICKED) if (::SendMessage(hWndCtrl, WM_GETDLGCODE, 0, 0) & (DLGC_BUTTON|DLGC_DEFPUSHBUTTON)) { LONG lStyle = ::GetWindowLong(hWndCtrl, GWL_STYLE) & 0x0F; if (lStyle == BS_PUSHBUTTON || l...