toggling between open work books

Re EXCEL97 under WinXP-Pro w/SR-2

Microsoft Windows allows you to easily toggle between applications using
Alt-Tab. Is there a similar key board to toggle between two open
workbooks in Excel?  One can use Alt-W to display list of open
workbooks, but you can�t just blinding hit the up or down arrow, because
the most recently accessed workbook is not always at the top or bottom.

I realize that I could get around the problem of opening two copies of
Excel and then toggling using the Alt-Tab keys, but typically I�ve got
two workbooks open in one copy of Excel before I realize I need the
feature.  Thus, I�m looking for a more direct process.
0
ps144nyc (65)
10/8/2006 9:31:59 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Windsurfer

Try Ctrl+Tab

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS
www.nickhodge.co.uk

"windsurferLA" <ps144nyc@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Re EXCEL97 under WinXP-Pro w/SR-2
>
> Microsoft Windows allows you to easily toggle between applications using
> Alt-Tab. Is there a similar key board to toggle between two open workbooks
> in Excel?  One can use Alt-W to display list of open workbooks, but you
> can�t just blinding hit the up or down arrow, because the most recently
> accessed workbook is not always at the top or bottom.
>
> I realize that I could get around the problem of opening two copies of
> Excel and then toggling using the Alt-Tab keys, but typically I�ve got two
> workbooks open in one copy of Excel before I realize I need the feature.
> Thus, I�m looking for a more direct process.

on my machine, control+tab brings up start menu.

Nick Hodge wrote:
> Windsurfer
>
> Try Ctrl+Tab

0
ps144nyc (65)
10/8/2006 10:00:06 PM
> on my machine, control+tab brings up start menu.
I think you hit the button next to the Ctrl key

Ctrl-F6 is also working

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"windsurferLA" <ps144nyc@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:2oydnVQg45y-6LTYnZ2dnUVZ_vydnZ2d@comcast.com...
> on my machine, control+tab brings up start menu.
>
> Nick Hodge wrote:
>> Windsurfer
>>
>> Try Ctrl+Tab

0
rondebruin (3790)
10/9/2006 1:50:47 PM
Thanks it works. Windsurfer

Ron de Bruin wrote:
>> on my machine, control+tab brings up start menu.
> I think you hit the button next to the Ctrl key
>
> Ctrl-F6 is also working

0
ps144nyc (65)

Outlook 2003 Reuse Open IE Windows
Currently if I have Outlook and IE open and I click on a link in an email in Outlook it opens a new IE window rather than reusing the already open IE window. How do I configure Outlook to reuse any already open IE windows? Thanks! Karine Rivet wrote: > Currently if I have Outlook and IE open and I click on a link in an email in > Outlook it opens a new IE window rather than reusing the already open IE > window. How do I configure Outlook to reuse any already open IE windows? I would like to know the same thing! At work, somehow outlook 2003 does that, but at home it kee...

Error Opening Reports Node on New Installation.
We had a pretty uneventful CRM installation, the product installed on the first attempt with no errors, and all aspects of it appear to operate correctly with the exception of Reports. When opening the reports node in CRM, we were getting the ever so useful "An Error has occurred, please contact your system administrator". I enabled verbose error messages in the web.config file and captured the followng error message. ========= Microsoft CRM Unhandled Error Details: Server Error in '/' Application. --------------------------------------------------------------------...

Excel File Paths Contain Spaces And Wont Open
Hi I'm using MS Office 97 and opening Excel files just by double-clicking has always worked fine. A few weeks back the excel file type became associated with a very old version of Excel 4 which was located on a network drive - don't ask me how or why!!! I've re-associated back to Excel 97 but now, whenever I try to open a file contained in a path which contains spaces (e.g. C:\Program Files\My Directory\myfile.xls), Excel first tries to open each separate bit of the path (C:\Program.xls, Files\My.xls, etc) - all of which obviously fail - before successfully opeing the correct fil...

Excel opens files very slowly
I have an odd problem that is driving me nuts. Computer 1 has no problems with Excel Computer 2 has no problems with Excel Computer 3 is my problem. It opens all files, XLS, DBF, etc, extremely slow. I tried a test on a files named "Results.xls". The file is on a local drive of Computer 3 and is 38kb in size. It has no macros, no links, no filters, nothing. It's a simple spreadsheet consisting of 10C x 35R of data. There are no Add-ins loaded on any of the three PCs, nor is there a Personal.xls file loaded on any of them. I opened the same file one computer at a time on...

Some features of Word 2007 will not work
I bought the Office Home and Student 07 program so I would have the luxury of having Word and Excel on my personal laptop. I was unaware that it was not working properly until I began a Word 2007 class. The first thing I noticed was the spell and grammar check feature did not work as it should. Insted of using the window that would go through the document for the changes, I need to right click on the squiggly lines. One other feature I have found is that the colors do not show what color and percentage they are when they are hovered over. Right now these are the only two issues I ha...

Trying to get CDO to Work
Trying to use CDO to send mail from a classic ASP page running on Win Small Business Server 2008 (with IIS 7.0 and Exchange 2007 on the same box). I get the following error 006~ASP 0177~Server.CreateObject Failed~8002801d from the following code set oMail = server.createobject("CDO.Message") if err <> 0 then response.write err.number & " - " & err.description response.end end if The script is running under the IUSR_Machine account (determined by printing request.servervariables("LOGON_USER") and gtting back a blank). I ca...

Opening PDF files
I have a new computer (HP) with Windows 7 that I installed. it came with Vista. I cannot open any PDF files. Windows Picture Manager tries to open PDF attachments and I get a picture of the Adobe Reader logo that I cannot do anything with. The tools that come up are for managing photographs. I have reinstalled Adobe and Acrobat. Well, have you checked your file associations to make sure they are correct? "Carsey" <Carsey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F9D8CD5-B6FA-429C-9D8C-05BF05D99D2C@microsoft.com... :I have a new computer (HP) with...

How do I change outlook settings to open a weblink from Email?
Since I installed windows7 I am unable to open weblinks from outlook emails. Ask me to contact the administrator as this operation has been cancelled or restricted. I am the administrator. There was no problems with windows Vista. How and where should I change the security settings for this. I can open another link from IE with no problem. I am grateful for any help. Thank you. This is an issue with IE. See below http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will ...

Tab delimited export doesn't work
I have a table that I need to export as a tab-delimited txt file. I created the export routine and everything exports fine when I export by hand. The problem is that when I run via Macro using 'Transfer Text' action and specify the export spec it exports it in fixed width format. Version 2003 SP2 XP-Pro OS What value are you using for the Transfer Type argument? If it's not Export Delimited, then you won't get a delimited file. -- Ken Snell <MS ACCESS MVP> "RayV" <NunyaBiznas@comcast.net> wrote in message news:1189107512.398112.223600@k...

Opening Outlook
Hello, Was wondering if anybody knows how to make Outlook open to a new message, with the email address already entered in the "To:" field of the email message, all by double-clicking a control in a form containing an email address? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I thank you in advance for your time! -- Randy Street Rancho Cucamonga, CA Never mind...I got it... Docmd.SendObject acSendNoObject,,,[Email_Address] -- Randy Street Rancho Cucamonga, CA "Randy" wrote: > Hello, > > Was wondering if anybody knows how to make Outlook open to ...

OutLook 2007 Flags nto working as expected
I see that we can Quick Click a mail item and place the default Flag for it. If you click on the e-mail when there's a flag it looks like it will mark it complete with a checkmark. This is how it should function all the time. What we see is when there is a Catogorie set for an e-mail the Quick Click flag option does not work right. If there is a catogorie set then the Quick Click Flag option will set it to checked if it has a flag or not. I have five items in my inbox. If there are no catogories set I can set the flags VIA Quick Click and it works as expected. As soon a...

Access 2003 converts mdb when opened by VB app
I wrote a standalone VB6 app a few years ago that maintains a .mdb database. One of my users has reported today that its suddenly gone wrong, and is reporting missing indexes, fields etc. He has Access 2003 installed, but that's been true for a while. Looking into it a bit more, what appears to happen is that when the VB app opens the database, the Access dlls are converting the mdb automatically to the new format. We see the dialog on screen to say that the db must be converted. In the process it loses the primary key, and one other field as well, which then makes it incompatible with...

Open File Security Warning
I get the error when I open Adobe Photoshop or Bridge. The error says “This file does not have a valid digital signature. I have had these programs on this machine for at least 2 years. It has been running fine, but today when ever I try to open it I get this error. I also have Adobe Lightroom, but I do not get this error with this program. With Lightroom you can have Lightroom open a file using Photoshop. When Lightroom opens Photoshop I do not get an error. Operating System: Windows XP Professional Has it ever worked? Yes it has been working fine for years. I have ...

rules not working in outlook
I recently upgraded from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2003, all I have to do is decommission my old exchange 5.5 box. Since the upgrade users who had rules setup to forward messages to external email accounts have stopped working. Relaying is setup on the new exchange 2003 server for the few users who need to do this. I am running outlook 2000 and 2003 on my network and it affects both. Has anyone run into this problem On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 06:29:09 -0800, Collins33 <Collins33@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I recently upgraded from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2003, all I have to do i...

Visual C++ Run Time error when opening Outlook 2000
I get the following error message when opening Outlook 2000 on a Win98 machine: Runtime Error! Program: C:\Programs\Microsoft Office\Office\Outlook.exe This program has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. I have uninstalled/reinstalled Office2000. I have downloaded newest updates to Office 2000. I have run a virus check on the PC. I turned off the anti-virus software. I have run the repair utility - all without success. I suspect a problem in the registry, but don't know what to look for. Has anyone come across this problem? Can someone help? I would be eve...

Access denied opening a PST file.
I'm getting the following error when trying to open a PST file: File access denied. You do not have the permission required to access the file "xyz.pst" I'm using OutlookXP on WinXP Pro connected to Exchange V5.5. The file is on my C drive and has only Archive attributes set. -- Julian Milano "Julian Milano" <jdmils_NOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in news:uvKYr1VrDHA.2216@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl: > I'm getting the following error when trying to open a PST file: > > File access denied. You do not have the permission required to access > the f...

opening a .pdf file...
I have a dialog box with a button. In my button click handler I want to open a .pdf file. What code would I write inside my handler function to accomplish this? Thanks, RABMissouri2006 > I have a dialog box with a button. In my button click handler I want > to open a .pdf file. What code would I write inside my handler > function to accomplish this? > Use ShellExecute. Something like: ShellExecute(NULL, "open", PathToYourPDFFile, NULL, NULL, SW_SHOWDEFAULT); This will launch the program associated with .pdf and open that file. --- Ajay To add to what Ajay wr...

Looking for a proforma that works on excel
I need a service business proforma that works on excel, has anyone seen or done one and know where I can get a copy? -- hamlink4 You'll need to provide a little more information than that. A proforma what? "Hamlink4" <Hamlink4@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D282466-2B05-45E7-9F2E-13C1646B0570@microsoft.com... >I need a service business proforma that works on excel, has anyone seen or > done one and know where I can get a copy? > -- > hamlink4 ...

error sending mail
i am trying to help a friend set up a new email account on windows live mail. He was previously using outlook express. We installed and started windows live mail and everything seemed to import and work as normal - (ie his one other account installed as did all saved e-mails etc.) We can send mail from this account. i set up a new account for him on windows live mail (connecting to an existing mail server) and all the emails in all the folders downloaded correctly and properly. However, i cannot send mail through this new account, it gives an error message (see below) and ...

How to insert an address from Outlook 2003 address book ?
Hello, 1) How to insert directly an address from Outlook 2003 address book ? I do not want to make of a mailing but only I want to inserer the fields of my address book punctually without having to pass by the phase of import / export of the address book. 2) How to add a "address book" button in the toolbar of Excel 2004? Thank you for your help !! ...

Opening excel files
Hi We have a problem that when a user opens up a file from the desktop or toolbar he gets an error message unable to open file or one of its components. Yet if he opens excel then opens the file from within excel the file open OK. Any ideas would be great. Thanks Shona Go to Tools > Options > General (tab) and make sure "Ignore other applications" is not checked. Other possibility... Go to Start > Run and type in this command: Excel /regserver (note - there is a space before the forward slash) If you receive an error, you may need to browse to Excel.exe and incl...

Money 2002 no longer opens
I recently reinstalled Windows XP. Instead of installing the entire Works Suite 2002, I only installed a few individual components separately. Money 2002 worked fine for a while, but for the past week or so it refuses to open. Instead I get a window with the following message: "Cannot display the End User License Agreement which must be displayed and accepted before you can use the application. To display the agreement, reinstall the application." I have reinstalled the application several times and I've now uninstalled it and reinstalled it several times as well. ...

Serial Cash Drawer Won't Open
I have a system with a cash drawer connected through COM1. I can configure the cash drawer within the OPOS Service Objects program and it will work just fine, but it will not open from within RMS. I can also make the drawer open from a command line by echoing the open code (B) to the serial port. Any ideas? Derek Meyer VGH Computers Moscow, ID derek@ivgh.com most likely you need to synch the opos device name. in store manager go to Database-->Registers-->Register List select register and click properties go to cash drawer tab(s) this should match what you call the driver in the...

Error when opening any part of Office X.v under Mac 10.2.6
I recently started getting the following message when I try to launch Word or Excel from the Office 10.1.2 package: "The application xxx has unexpectedly quit. No orthe applications have been effected." I had the program working fine for some time. I have tried throwing out the application and re-installing but I still get the same message. I also downloaded the updater to Office 10.1.2 which is what I am now running but still no fix. Has anyone else had a similar problem and if so did you figure it out? Thanks in advance. Laura The *exact* same thing has been happening to me. I ca...

Filter address book
I would like to apply a filter to my contacts (category is "friends") and then see just this group in the email address book so I can pick and choose just from this subset. using Outlook 2003. Is this possible? "Jack B. Pollack" <N@NE.nothing> wrote in message news:eRhIBOXzJHA.1372@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I would like to apply a filter to my contacts (category is "friends") and >then see just this group in the email address book so I can pick and choose >just from this subset. using Outlook 2003. You can't categorize the address boo...