To Keep Only A Tatal Amount, But Not Keeping The Whole Sheet

Hello everyone,
I need to create a workbook, which has 2 sheets A and B.  Sheet A i
for insert data and sheet B is for the total amount of sheet A.

Every day, I enter a lot of numbers in sheet A and sheet B will show m
the total amount of sheet A.  I don't need to keep every detail in shee
A, but I have to keep the total amount of that day.

Because I don't need to keep every detail in sheet A, the next day,
open sheet A again and enter new numbers for a new day.  The problem i
when I enter new numbers, I get only the total amount of the current da
in sheet B. I lost the total amount of the last day.

Please dirent me how to keep only the total amount without keeping th
related sheet.

(I have tried to enter data for every day in separated sheets, but th
problem was the workbook's size is huge ---> It took a long time t
open!)

Thank you very much and I look forwards to hearing from you.
Regards,
Pete

--
freeecoo
freeecoom's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2750

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

How about making a sheet3.  Then copy the totals from sheet2 and paste special
values into sheet3.

--

Dave Peterson
0

--
freeecoom
freeecoom's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27507
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=473543

open an excel sheet in works
Is there a way to download an excel sheet and open in works or works spreadsheet? Not that I know of. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "mike" <mikeext249@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:754C543F-E2EE-4B4F-9955-58682BCB14D9@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to download an excel sheet and open in works or works spreadsheet? ...

Printing Visible Sheets in Sequence
I would like to print all of the visible sheets within one workbook with sequential page numbers. How could this macro be modified so that only visible sheets are loaded into the array? Thanks for your help. Sub PrintSheets() Dim ShtList() As String Dim ShtCnt As Long ReDim ShtList(1 To ActiveWorkbook.Sheets.Count) For ShtCnt = LBound(ShtList) To UBound(ShtList) ShtList(ShtCnt) = ActiveWorkbook.Sheets(ShtCnt).Name Next ShtCnt ActiveWorkbook.Sheets(ShtList).PrintOut End Sub Hi John Try this Sub test() Dim ws As Worksheet Dim arr() As String Dim N As Integer N = 0 ...

Increasing # of rows in excel sheet
Hi all.. I usually import data from other programs such as SAP into excel and face the problem of excel running out of Rows.. is there a way that I can increase the total number of rows in my worksheet or any other solution possible to my problem. Thanks Rehan Hi no. 65536 rows is the maximum "Rehan" wrote: > Hi all.. > > I usually import data from other programs such as SAP > into excel and face the problem of excel running out of > Rows.. is there a way that I can increase the total > number of rows in my worksheet or any other solution > possibl...

Embed Sheet
I am working on a sheet with approx 3000 entries, The first colum stores the company name, second stores customer number and so on. company can have many customer numbers which causes alot of compan name repitition in the first column. Is it possible to embed this shee into another one and use a combo box filled with all the company name to access the specific areas of the embedded sheet? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou, Johnny -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, I think this sounds do-able - first look at Chip Pearson's page: http://www.cpearson.c...

How to copy block of cells and keep grouping?
I have about a 150 by 30 block of cells. About every 5 cells are grouped together, making it significantly smaller. when you click the "-" to have them contract. I will take me days to go through and make all the groups again if I want to make the same block on the same worksheet. Is there a way to copy a block of cells and include the grouping? Thanks -- dstock ------------------------------------------------------------------------ dstock's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24225 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthre...

How to stop: Outlook keeps sending emails from outbox
One of our PCs in network had virus before. It is cleaned via Mac Fee antivirus software. The person has that computer confirm that her PC has no virus now. However, her Outlook sometime keeps sending a certain email multiple times. The other who receive that email then has the problem: some how the email is auto-replied. The Mac Fee warns that the outlook sending mail multiple times and it could be a virus. At least, there are three people in the local network has the infected emails from the first person. The Antivirus software has not found anything after scanning. They also used Micro T...

Which files to save to save the whole OS design?
Hi, I am not sure which files I need to save to be able to rebuild the whole OS design later or on another PC. I read that I don't need to save everything in my OS design folder. But is the solution file and the *.pbxml enough? Thank you for any help Martin Yes.Only .sln and .pbxml files are enough to rebuild your OSDesign folder in another PC. If you have any subprojects created on it then you need to backup the whole subproject folder. -- Regards, Prabu http://prabukumar.wordpress.com/ "Martin M" <MartinM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

Keeping Foldres Expanded
Everytime I close outlook and re-open it again, the expanded public folders have all collapsed. Is there a setting to keep these public folders constantly expanded???? HELP! ...

copy data from one worksheet to identical sheet in different workbook
I want to essentially sync the data between 2 identical worksheets in different workbooks. Essentially, I want to import and replace data in the second sheet with data from the first, is there a simple way to do this without deleting the worksheet and then copying the new sheet into the workbook? Thanks You can right-click on your source-sheetname tab, the shortmenu will reflect Copy/MoveSheet.... Select it and make 2 other choices: 1) Check to Create Copy box at bottom 2) From dropdown box at top of screen select an existing open workbook or select new-workbook. OK HTH "a...

moving to end of sheet
I know that "ctrl-end" should take me to the end of a worksheet. Sometimes, however, it takes me beyond the last row where data is entered, sometimes many blank rows beyond. I've tried deleting those blank rows, making sure there is nothing hidden inthose rows, no conditional formatting, etc., but that doesn't work. If I cut and paste the rows with data into a new sheet, that works (i.e., "ctrl-end" takes me to the last cell with data in it). Is there a way to do this without the cut and paste workaround? Thanks. There are instructions here for resetti...

Can you keep flagged items from being autoarchived?
I would like to be able to let my autoarchive run but for it not to take flagged items to the archive. I keep having to pull them back into the current mail file. Is there something I can set to accomplish this? Hit Alt-Enter while you've got one of these items highlighted then set the option to not AutoArchive the item "dstuart101" <dstuart101@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:272808E3-27B8-4E34-9A85-4070E91C5FEB@microsoft.com... >I would like to be able to let my autoarchive run but for it not to take > flagged items to the archive. I keep ha...

Outlook 2002
Tasks from the calender continue to pop up even though they have already been completed in Outlook - Any suggestions on how to fix this? Pop-up as in the reminders still appear? Try this: Close Outlook Select Start | Run Enter Outlook.exe /CleanReminders (note the space between ".exe" and "/CleanReminders") Select OK. Any better? -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "Steve" <steve@emilanderson.com> wrote in message news:0...

Require Tax Detail Totals to Match the Pre-Tax Amount in SOP and .
Please incorporate the Require Tax Detail Totals to Match the Pre-Tax Amount functionality into POP and SOP. I created a CR/PR on this and dev informed me this was a product suggestion. This is very important functionality for European clients in terms of producing correct VAT returns. ...

Excel spread sheet
Why random data is replaced with a number symbol. Date entered as 2/2/2010 but ######## shows up in the cell. iCould be a number of reasons: First try either widening the column or reducing the font size. Come back if that doesn't work "hondo" wrote: > Why random data is replaced with a number symbol. Date entered as 2/2/2010 > but ######## shows up in the cell. ...

Drivers for Dongle keep having to be reinstalled after reboot
Everytime the POS station is rebooted the dongle drivers get uninstalled. The user gets the copyprotection error message and they have to reinstall the drivers. Any ideas? Bradley Try logging on as Administrator to install the driver. Tom -- Stop fishing for e-mail "Bradley" wrote: > Everytime the POS station is rebooted the dongle drivers get uninstalled. > The user gets the copyprotection error message and they have to reinstall the > drivers. > > Any ideas? > > Bradley Tried that ... Didn't work. "Terrible Tom" wrote: > Try ...

Receive PO based on amount.
Greetings GPLings.. :) Is there any way to receive with invoice , a PO that contain service /non inventoried items based on the amount? Eg: PO amount $100000000 for ONE service item and i would want to receive and invoice only $ 200. The reason i used this huge amount as PO is that even if i used a decimal value to receive the PO as a percentage,it will still not be accurate as GP allows only 5 decimal places. In a simple form, i want to receive based on the amount rather than qty. Cheers.. The only way to do that is to enter the PO for a quantity of 100,000,000 at a unit...

All outbound e-mails keep getting assigned to a campaign
I created a quick campaign and performed a successful mail-merge, then sent the e-mail. A response came back and I promoted it to a campaign response. Now when I send a normal email to a different user, CRM automatically assigns that email to the campaign history! It's not targeted to a user that was in the campaign. Even my personal email is getting loaded into that campaign in CRM, in fact all my outbound email is funneling into that campaign. Is this a bug? Can someone who has encountered this issue please help? Thanks, Ken Davis You are not alone! This happened to a user of...

Mouse cursor freezes up semi-permanently with whole computer
Just got my first Vista computer and dont know where to turn for assistance with this problem: Tried googling it and all I can find are people whose mouse freezes for a few seconds but which starts working again. Every few hours (or more often), my mouse cursor and whole computer freezes. The only way out is to control-escape into a switch user and then (as there are no alternative users) log in again. As soon as it logs out, the mouse starts working again. So this doesnt seem to be a hardware issue? The only other symptom I have noticed is that occasionally at all sorts of odd tim...

Insert sheet, move to end, rename with cell data.
I've spent most of my day trying to ask VB to do this for me, but don't know how to communicate it correctly. I have column A in "List"(Sheet1) with 150 entries. I want to create 150 sheets with Sheet numbers of 2-151. However, I would like for the tabs to read what the appropiate cell in "List" says.... ie if +++ (column A) ___ Fun Not Fun Cool +++ was my column, I would like the first four tabs to read "List" (my original sheet), "Fun", "Not Fun", and "Cool". Then they would appear in Microsoft Visual Basic as Sheet1(List...

calculating different percentages depending on amount
I'd appreciate help with a formula I need a formula to calculate the following 4.5% of any amount up to and equal to $41,100.00 PLUS 6.00% on an amount above $41,100. ie $20,000 would be (20,000 x .045) $900.00 ie $50,000 would be [(41,100 x .05) + (8,900 x .060)] $2,383.50 Thanks Pete -- pgruenin ----------------------------------------------------------------------- pgruening's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2601 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47878 Here's one which may work. Just substitute...

Something to help me keep track of formulas
Is there an Add-In or some third party software that can help me manage my formulas. They are getting very long and I can not figure out what goes where. I am looking for something free if possible. THanks. Here is an example of my formula that's too long. =IF(A12="Total ",SUM($I$11:$I11),IF(A12="","",IF(ISBLANK('PASTE ABCone'!F12),IF(((VLOOKUP(A12,'PASTE ABCone'!$A$11:$I$300,9,FALSE))*(VLOOKUP(A12,'%'!$A$9:$E$505,5,FALSE)))=0,"",ROUND((VLOOKUP(A12,'PASTE ABCone'!$A$11:$I$300,9,FALSE))*(VLOOKUP(A12,'%'...

Excel 2k opens 2 sheets within same window
We have excel2k with sp3 on win2k pro with sp4. my problem is when i open 2 excel sheet both appear within the same window. if i have to switch between the 2 sheets i have to minimise 1 n maximise the next. what i need is to open both the excel sheets in 2 separate excel windows. how do i do this? please advice Hi, Tools>Options>View Under the "show" section, make sure that the "Windows in Taskbar" option is checked. This should solve your problem. It might be slightly different in Excel 2000, but the same options. Hope this helps Sunil Jayakumar "sp...

How do I link cells, sheet to sheet, to recognize row deletions?
In Office XP - Excel - I want to copy a column from one sheet to another sheet in the same workbook. I want the copied links to recognize row deletions and insertions when I change the source sheet. When I use the Copy, Paste Special, Paste Links command, the linked sheet does not recognize a row deletion in the source sheet. Instead, the linked sheet displays a #Ref message in the cell related to the deleted row. One way to try .. Assume the source col to be linked is col A in Sheet1, A1 down In Sheet2 ------------- Put in any starting cell, say A1: =OFFSET(INDIRECT("Sheet1!A1&qu...

Password prompt keeps popping up.
My network connection password request keeps comming up every minute. The 'test settings' feature says that incomming mail is not happening because of an incorrect password. New incomming mail is being turned away. What is hapening???? Stuts wrote: > My network connection password request keeps comming up every minute. The > 'test settings' feature says that incomming mail is not happening because of > an incorrect password. New incomming mail is being turned away. What is > hapening???? A "network password" is completely different than...

Excel Data Protection Best Practice: AKA: Real Sheet Protection
Hello- Any advice for best practices for protecting data/methods/macros within Excel? Clearly, password protecting a sheet isn't the best security (free utilities to crack it). Scenario: - I need users to be able to access the workbook, but by no means, gain access to data within the certain sheets - I can hide the data by utilizing similar colored text and hiding the rows/columns - Once the password is created, it appears there are tons of free utilities that remove these passwords- Bummer. Question: - Any advice to help prevent the utilities from doing this?...