Time sheet calculations #2

Hi,

I have a spreadsheet which needs a little tinkering -  We are tracking
employee time on site for contracting to a third party.

Column C has start time, Column D has end time. Up to now Column E has
the following calculation D-C, to give total  time.So now I would like
to have a calculation in Column E which works out the total time, and
displays that time up to the agreed 8 hr day, then the remainder of
the time goes in Column F as overtime.

Any suggestions ???
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi,

Use this as you column D formula to work out basic hours and note this
will also handle time over midnight

=3DMIN(8,(D1-C1+(D1<C1))*24)

and for OT hours in column E use

=3DMAX(((D1-C1+(D1<C1))*24)-E1,0)

Mike

On 29 June, 08:05, Decreenisi <toyoda....@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a spreadsheet which needs a little tinkering - =A0We are tracking
> employee time on site for contracting to a third party.
>
> Column C has start time, Column D has end time. Up to now Column E has
> the following calculation D-C, to give total =A0time.So now I would like
> to have a calculation in Column E which works out the total time, and
> displays that time up to the agreed 8 hr day, then the remainder of
> the time goes in Column F as overtime.
>
> Any suggestions ???

0
m.l.hughes (17)
6/29/2009 8:42:46 AM
On 29 June, 09:42, Mike H <m.l.hug...@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Use this as you column D formula to work out basic hours and note this
> will also handle time over midnight
>
> =3DMIN(8,(D1-C1+(D1<C1))*24)
>
> and for OT hours in column E use
>
> =3DMAX(((D1-C1+(D1<C1))*24)-E1,0)
>
> Mike
>
> On 29 June, 08:05, Decreenisi <toyoda....@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
>
> > I have a spreadsheet which needs a little tinkering - =A0We are trackin=
> > employee time on site for contracting to a third party.
>
> > Column C has start time, Column D has end time. Up to now Column E has
> > the following calculation D-C, to give total =A0time.So now I would lik=
> > to have a calculation in Column E which works out the total time, and
> > displays that time up to the agreed 8 hr day, then the remainder of
> > the time goes in Column F as overtime.
>
> > Any suggestions ???

Thanks very much, I will try this out
well, if ur asking for a suggestion, here`s some easy way which i
think ur familiar with.

y don`t u just move the (D-C) formula to some other column (i.e Column
L), and then, enter the number 8 in column E, and then in the OT
column (Say, F) enter L-E??
To Unknown,

1.  Please enter a quesion in the body of your emai; if you don't the web
won't let us reply, instead it displays the following error message.

"An error occurred while sending your post

We're sorry, but there was a problem with the system and your post was not
received. The error has been reported to Operations and will be investigated
as soon as possible. Please try again later."

This means, that to respond we need to start a separate thread - which is a
bad practice and wastes time.

and in this case its not clear what you want from the subject line.

Time Out - Time In
=A2-A1

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"BRO" wrote:

> well, if ur asking for a suggestion, here`s some easy way which i
> think ur familiar with.
>
> y don`t u just move the (D-C) formula to some other column (i.e Column
> L), and then, enter the number 8 in column E, and then in the OT
> column (Say, F) enter L-E??

Problems with creating a newsletter

Meeting updates #2

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

visual basic

printing 2 charts on single page

Timesheet to monitor flexi-time
Hi All, Does anyone have a spreadsheet that can be used to record employee timesheet details, capable of accommodating simple flexi-time and part time hours. Ideally, i would like an option to add employees and then enter their agreed working hours (this is to be used as a look up). Then, On a weekly basis, data will be entered for the previous 7 days� Hours worked can fall under the following categories... Hours worked �normal� time Hours worked flexi time Hours �Sick� Holiday Bank Holiday Authorised Absence Paid Authorised absence unpaid I'd also like A way of viewing information...

Offline folder problems #2

Receiving Transaction Entry #2

VCard issue #2

Referencing cells across sheets

question about Time

Time Clock Systems
Does anyone have a recommendation for a time clock system that integrates well with GP? On Oct 5, 10:20 am, kcd <k...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone have a recommendation for a time clock system that integrates > well with GP? We just implemented Time Matrix by Business Computers (www.business- computers.com) and are very happy with it. We implemented quickly the hardware wasn't propietary or complicated so we were able to source our own stuff. Troy I can speak highly of Unitime's time and attendance system. They are a relatively low cost solution t...

2 Domains, 1 Exchange Server

Creating a Macro to Delete Commas #2

Money 2004 Debt Planner #2