TIME function used in Excel

I'm new to these newsgroups, so I apologize if my etiquette is not
appropriate.

I'm trying to help a friend whose computer was recently replaced.  In his
new computer, his custom macro will not run.  He gets a "Microsoft Visutal
Basic Compile error: Can't find project or library" with the TIME function
highlighted.

I first suggested using the NOW or DATE function, but he said it creates an
additional series of errors.

I also tried installing 'Windows Script 5.6' to no avail.  Any suggestions
on how to get this TIME function to work?

Thank you in advance for any response.

Jeramy

0
nardia (5)
7/2/2005 1:34:18 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Sounds like a reference is missing.
Get into the VBE [Alt-F11]
Go to TOOLS>References
and look for 'MISSING'
HTH,
Gary Brown

"jeramy" wrote:

> I'm new to these newsgroups, so I apologize if my etiquette is not
> appropriate.
>
> I'm trying to help a friend whose computer was recently replaced.  In his
> new computer, his custom macro will not run.  He gets a "Microsoft Visutal
> Basic Compile error: Can't find project or library" with the TIME function
> highlighted.
>
> I first suggested using the NOW or DATE function, but he said it creates an
> additional series of errors.
>
> I also tried installing 'Windows Script 5.6' to no avail.  Any suggestions
> on how to get this TIME function to work?
>
> Thank you in advance for any response.
>
> Jeramy

UI Data Validation using XML Schema
Has anybody done UI data validation usinf XML Schemas. Any pointers will help. Thanks! ...

how to use the type member in System.Web.Services.Description
hi all, I want to parse the wsdl file . It is ease to parse the parts of wsdl except that the part of types. Because I don't know how to use the System.Web.Services.Description member types . I have searched the MSDN to find answer , but , it tell me very less. So I come here for help. For example, there is a types is defined as follows: - <types> - <s:schema elementFormDefault="qualified" targetNamespace="http://www.webservicex.net"> - <s:element name="GetGeoIP"> - <s:complexType> - <s:sequence> <s:element minOccurs="0...

how do i enable dde in excel?
i am posting a DDE link into an excel cell from an external program and getting the message ' DDE Not enabled' in the cell once the link is pasted in. how do i enable DDE? ...

after saving to cd many times. now says read only?
i have saved many times to my cd. i overwrite it almost daily (CD-RW) all of a sudden it now say's the file is read only. although i can still save to my hard drive? nsturre wrote: > i have saved many times to my cd. i overwrite it almost daily (CD-RW) all of > a sudden it now say's the file is read only. although i can still save to my > hard drive? Unless you have formatted your CDRW for packet writing, then yes, it will be Read only. CDROM = CD Read Only Memory! -- Interim Systems and Management Accounting Gordon Burgess-Parker Director www.gbpcomputing.co.uk Just ...

excel file can't be opened #2

How to transpose in excel file

portfolio value over time
I run Money 2004 and i can't do some things i think are really basic - main two (related issues) that bother me are: 1) is there any way to view the value of my entire investment portfolio over time (e.g. as a chart showing basically just price * volume of shares i own for each investment, combined to show all investments together)? 2) is there any way to view price history for all my holdings as an indexed value (0% at the start growing up or down based on % change in price) as opposed to absolute value? Some shares are $20 each some are $200 each - doesn't make sense to sho...

Headers in Excel #3
Can you tell me if it's possible and if so, how I can change the header cells, i.e. A B C D E ... etc? Thanks. Andrea (508) 842-3880 Hi Andrea no this is not possible. The best workaround you can achieve is: - use row 1 as header - goto cell A2 and to the menu 'Windows - Freeze Panes' to always show row 1 - in 'Tools - Options - view' you can hide the row and column headers -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Andrea" <shrews.receptionist@nitco-lift.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:12ff301c44354$b88982b0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Can you tell ...

Excel -> Access Import Bizarreness

Is this possible within Excel 2000?
Hi, I've used Excel on a get by basis for many years at work, and I'm just beginning to realise its vast capabilities, having viewed several groups which I didn't know existed previously. I subsequently would like to ask if it is possible for Excel to look at the numerical or text content of a cell on one worksheet and then look at a predefined range on another worksheet and find the equivalent cell content and then move the cursor to that cell? This has me stumped presently. Thanks in advance for any assistance. J.J. To actually move the selection, you'd need to use a litt...

Excel 2000 fail to open workbook

Excel prints some sheets very small
When I try to print multiple sheets of the same workbook at the same time, one of them (a different one each time) prints very small (about an inch tall) in the upper left hand corner. I am printing from a network file but I don't know if this has anything to do with it or not. Please HELP!!! ...

how to get the system setup time.
I want to get the system setup time. but this code didn't work! CreateFile always return -1, and the error code is 0x00000005!(Access is denied.) TCHAR path[MAX_PATH]; if (GetWindowsDirectory(path, MAX_PATH)==0) break; HANDLE h = CreateFile(path, GENERIC_READ, FILE_SHARE_READ|FILE_SHARE_WRITE, NULL, OPEN_EXISTING, FILE_ATTRIBUTE_NORMAL, NULL); if (h==INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE) break; // always return Access is denied.! FILETIME ft1, ft2, ft3; if (!GetFileTime(h, &ft1, &ft2, &ft3)) break; thank you ! Buried in the MSDN documentation for the CreateFile function, there...

EXCEL 2007 acting up
j$ = "THIS MACRO WILL ERASE THE SECOND & THIRD SET OF DATA" + Chr$(13) + Chr$(13) Using EXCEL 2007, I get an error with the line above as a macro. It does not recognize CHR$. What am I doing wrong? Thanks Not for me it didn't. Check for MISSING references in Tools>References, uncheck them if there are any. -- --- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "pcor" <pcor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F63F6E95-AF0A-4927-B337-99B5C48B92B1@microsoft.com... > j$ = "THIS MACRO WILL...

problems loading excel documents
When I try to open up an excel document via my documents it says that the same document is open already how can this be stopped Tina First try the standard fix(es)......Tools>Options>General uncheck "ignore other applications" OR Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes and note the space before the / mark). You may have to enter your full path to excel.exe....in that case surround with quotes as in..... "C:\mypath\to Excel\somewhere\excel.exe" /regserver Gord Dibben XL2002 On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 09:16:14 -0800, "Tina" <TinaSCovell...

Proper use of categories in invoicing?
I am a freelance web developer. I use Money to print and track my invoicing. Being a freelancer, I often have a wide variety of clients: there is a continual influx of new clients, as well as a stable of regular clients. The regular clients often bring their own clients with them, and in this case, my role is only to develop the site. As a result, I will often send out 10 or 20 invoices to one of these regular clients over the course of a year, covering work that I may have done on 20 or 30 sites. As it is now, I can sort for invoices to the REGULAR CLIENTS, but I cannot search/sort for i...

how to convert word file into excel file
If any body know about how to convert MS Word file into MS Excel file please let me know. I am unable to do so. Help me Rizwan Wrote: > If any body know about how to convert MS Word file into MS Excel file > please > let me know. > I am unable to do so. > > Help me Hi Rizwan Try Copy and Paste -- Paul Sheppard ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Paul Sheppard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24783 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=467752 Dear Pau...

auto file path update when excel sheet moved to another directory.
Hello, I've been working on a huge excel file for a while and I'm trying to make it easier to use. My problem is that when it is moved from the template folder to a working folder the formulas referencing a file in the template folder have their path changed in the formula and have to have the links updated. Since the file is protected it's impossible for the users to chance the source. It's wierd because it will still pull information, but if information is changed in the external data file the updated doesn't get ported over. I need some like the $ command to ...

Question about service planning and travel time.
Hello, I have the following question. Within the Service planning module of CRM I have the possibility to plan my service people. But our service is with the customer itself, at there location. So the service people have to cope with travel time to get to there next appointment. I c�n not see this in my serviceplanning view, and so there is a risk a appointment is planned on travell time... Does someone know a solution? Please help, thank you in advance. Eric ...

Invest 6$ 1 time get HIGHEST Output!!!
Discovers the "Secret of making huge money" in just few weeks.... You shall be amazed that how easy 1 can make money on internet just for doing 1 time work..[I GUREENTED U CAN TOO MAKE BIG$$ WITH THIS PROGRAM]........ [Use IE if can't view the site] http://mysiteinc.com/gohar/index.html ...

dont forget 2 tune in 2 FNC from 16:00-17:00 chicago time tomorrow!
A 3rd hour of glenn beck! "Kevin John Panzke" <kevin.panzke@gmail.com> wrote in message news:578fc563-c4f0-4fe9-af7e-3b6db91c2c22@x27g2000yqb.googlegroups.com... > A 3rd hour of glenn beck! I masturbate to the whole show! Just FYI. ...

No print settings in Excel HTML files
Is there a way to prevent users from printing the HTML files that are created from an Excel workbook ? I see there is html code to do this, but I don't know how to put that into the Excel workbook so that it is always there when the files are updated (which they are frequently). ...