this is about using google's usenet group

I see a lot of important tips here but I think it's being deleted after
10 days...(I read it somewhere).
Is there a way to copy/save the tips I've selected on my own
google/microsoft/public/excel page and look it up when i need it?

thanks

0
eveas (22)
6/12/2005 7:00:08 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

See

    http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?as_ugroup=*excel*

In article <1118602807.973931.273730@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
 "guideme" <eveas@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I see a lot of important tips here but I think it's being deleted after
> 10 days...(I read it somewhere).
> Is there a way to copy/save the tips I've selected on my own
> google/microsoft/public/excel page and look it up when i need it?
>
> thanks
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)

HI, I want to 5-9 as age group but it comes as 05 sept date forma
Pre-format the cell as Text or preceed the entry with an apostrophe ie '5-9 The apostrophe will not show in the cell. -- HTH Sandy In Perth, the ancient capital of Scotland and the crowning place of kings sandymann2@mailinator.com Replace @mailinator.com with @tiscali.co.uk "mastermind" <mastermind@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27E369B6-9D5B-4FEE-8EBE-20FCA9CC03DA@microsoft.com... > > ...

Can't use Contacts folder following move from XP to Windows 7
I purchased a new computer on Windows 7, installed Office 2003 and copied across all the files including the .pst ones from my old computer which was on XP. Outlook is working fine in every respect except when creating a new message within Mail: it does not recognise the names from my Contacts folder (error message "Microsoft Office Outlook does not recognize xxx" . If I open the Contacts folder and select a contact, I can create "New Message to Contact". "lynbristol" <lynbristol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:309BEC36-C...

how do I unlock my word document so I can use it?
my word document is locked, how do I unlock it? If this problem only occurs with one particular document, try clicking on Tools | Unprotect Document. If this problem occurs with all new and existing documents, then it's probably "reduced functionality mode" because you have not activated the software or because you have a trial version of Word that has expired... what happens if you start Word and click on Help | Activate Product? "Mary15" wrote: > my word document is locked, how do I unlock it? ...

Defining a variable then using it later
Hi all: First of all I am not a VB expert so please bear with me. I am trying to do the following... I have cell A1 which has a value, and that value changes. When I press a button on that page, I want to do the following: * Take the value in cell A1 * I want to take the value that is in cell A1 and unhide the corresponding sheet with the same value For example: The value in cell A1 = LT5 When the button is pressed the following line is run: Sheets([variable]).Visible = True I am sure this is possible, I just don't know the proper format. Thanks in advance! Hi Copy the fo...

Can only send to mail enabled groups in OWA not Outlook 2003
After a little research and checking the Message Tracking as was suggested previously, I have found that when I attempt to send an email to a mail enabled grou from Outlook 2003, the mail does not route to the appropriate people... however when I send to that exact same group in Outlook Web Access, the mail routes as normal. Unfortunately, other than that, I have not been able to gleen any other useful information about why this would be happening. Any other suggestions? -- Alan Coleman Network & Database Administrator Do you have multiple GC servers? Could you be using a differe...

How to supress Access messages and using own messages
Good afternoon, Would someone tell me how to supressed message from Access but give a message of my own words. I know there is a setting in Tools --> Options --> tab Edit/Find, there is a section which headed Confirm. I know I would unticked those boxes which will not give me the message. But this is only partial of what I want, I want to give a more meaningful message to users and not the default message from Acess. Anyway this would be done ? Many thanks in advance. Smiley Hi Dave, Thank you for the info. I still would like to know how would I find out which message poppe...

Who can demonstrate how to use CWinThread and CThread . Thanks
Hi EveryOne, As my title said , who can show me how to use "CWinThread" and "CThread" . Pls Show a sample to me . Thanks! Mixtrue leehom wrote: > Hi EveryOne, > > As my title said , who can show me how to use "CWinThread" and > "CThread" . Pls Show a sample to me . > > > Thanks! > > Mixtrue > > There are books out there for this, and if you can't afford them, there is always google. http://www.google.com/search?&q=CWinThread+OR+CThread+example Take a look at my essays on threading ...

Inactive Payroll Pay Codes Can Still Be Used
We have noticed that in version 8.0 and prior (of Great Plains) that inactivating a pay code in Payroll Pay Code Setup does not make it inaccessible in Employee Pay Code maintenance. A pay code whose setup is inactive can be pulled in on an employee's pay code window and activated without warning or stopping the user. We would like the system to either stop or warn people from using or reactivating pay codes at the employee level if that pay code has been inactivated on its main setup window. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the ...

Creating Add In Using VB 6 Error
I'm following the instructions in the customization guide: - using the example code to build activeX dll - ran regsvr32 - updated the reqistry for the hooks. Keep getting error - "Attempt to execute COM object 'project1.class1' failed. Could not create object". I have tried it on several machines and get same error - I must be missing something...........thanks ...

birthday reminders do not function when using backup data
The birthday (probably all) reminder function does not work after I downloaded my backup data file for all the existing contacts. It works if I add a new contact. How do I make the software recognize all my existing contact birthdays? What does "downloaded my backup data file" mean? Transferring Outlook data incorrectly always breaks all connections. That's what you did. -- Russ Valentine "casey" <casey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:454E4592-2972-46EF-A0E9-69F953E269BE@microsoft.com... > The birthday (probably all) reminde...

Closing windw using "X" on Excel should keep other .xls open
In MS Word, when you use "X" to close the document, it leaves the other docs not closed. But in Excel, if I'm working on other xls files, I can't as easily close the window with that function. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://ww...

I need help creating a Bill of Lading using Excel.
I work for a small distribution company and I need help in addin formulas to a worksheet that I use as a template to create Bills o Lading. For those that do not know what a bill of lading is it is shipping document that usually consists of four identical pages excep that each page is numbered 1, 2, 3, or 4. It contains shippin information such as the Ship To address, material description, freigh billing info, purchase order numbers, and contract info between th freight carrier and the shipper. For the past several years a hav been using Excel worksheets as templates to create the b.o.l.s ...

Want to get user selections from a message box using option buttons
I have all kinds of books telling me how to create a userform. What I need is the code to show the form with the option buttons and then retrieve the info from it. I want the user to select which option he wants and enter a date. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have been a programmer for many years and understand many software languages. But Excel VB is a killer. I know it can't be that hard. Thanks Walt, You will usually get better answers if you provide the code that you have already tried. UserForm1.Show...will display the userform. Dim strText as String strText = UserFo...

Graphing XML Data using C#
I've got a list of bowling scores and I'd like to create a graph of them. I've looked into crystal reports, but this seems like too much work for what I'm needing. Does anyone have any examples ?? Thanks, Jim. James McCormack wrote: > I've got a list of bowling scores and I'd like to create a graph of them. > I've looked into crystal reports, but this seems like too much work for what > I'm needing. That depends on kind of output you need. If that's plain HTML - simple XSLT stylesheet is the best solution. -- Oleg Tkachenko [XML MVP] http:/...

Change Chart links to values using VBA?
Excel 97 I have a worksheet with a collection of productivity charts based on data in other worksheets of the same workbook. I need to copy / email the worksheet with the charts only to other staff - all they need is the static charts. So I patiently covert the links in the charts to values by selecting the chart line, going to the formula bar, press F9 then Enter to do so. Surely there is a better way? Can I do this laborious job in VBA? Any ideas gratefully appreciated. WSF Hi, This routine will convert links to array values. Sub ChartValues() Dim intSeries As Integer ...

USing Access 20007 code in Access 2003 db
HI, I thought I posted this message earlier, but I can't find it on the site, so I apologize if this is a repeat. I have imported a module from Microsoft Developer Site to use a text box to search a list box. Is there any reason why the vb will not work in 2003? I have implemented as microsoft suggested, but while the text box will show the value of the item i choose in the list box, the text box does not find the value that I type in it in the list box. The sample database works perfectly. I use the find method example, because I must base the listbox off of a query, ...

how do i use one combo box to determine the content of a second combo box?
Hello, I have been trying for several days to figure out how to use one combo box to determine the content of a second combo box. I am creating a database listing equipment by manufacturer and model # I would like to create one combo box that gives a drop down list of manufacturers Then, based on the manufacturer chosen, I would like to have a second combo box which gives a drop down list of model #'s offered by the chosen manufacturer It seems like a fairly simple concept, but I have poured through the "using access 2003" guide with no luck Access version I'm using: 20...

using the standard input from an MFC application
I have an VS6.0 MFC dialog application. and I want to use the standard input and output. I want my application to support a protocol (UCI) that will comunicate with my application through the standard inout/output. How can I do it? I've tried: cout<< "Hello world" ; does nothing cin.getline( line, 100); does nothing cin >>line ; does nothing what an I doing wrong? Thanks Dudu I wonder if you can use ReadConsoleInput(...) to do that. AliR. "dududuil" <dududuil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F7135BB-E65D-4461-A08C-425003BCBE4...

problem importing data from Excel using Publisher Mail Merge
I am using Publisher Version 2002 and also Excel Version 2002. I have created a mailing list in Excel format consisting of 203 entries. However, when I attempt to access the mailing list using Mail Merge Feature of Publisher, after choosing the data source and seeing the listed names in the chart, while in Publisher, only 163 of the 203 names are shown. And, after doing the merge, only 163 name labels are printed. Any suggestions as to what I may be doing incorrectly? best, Aaron Not sure if it has to do with batch size or not. Read the article here, it might be what you are looking for...

should i use property 'OldValuesParameterFormatString'?
Hi, i have a gridview which is updateble, using UpdateCommand="UPDATE myfile set .... Now i wonder whether i should use the property 'OldValuesParameterFormatString'. When is it recommended and when not? Thanks Bart On Apr 25, 10:31=A0pm, " Bart" <bart@nospam> wrote: > Hi, > > i have a gridview which is updateble, =A0using UpdateCommand=3D"UPDATE my= file > set .... > Now i wonder whether i should use the property > 'OldValuesParameterFormatString'. > When is it recommended and when not? > Thanks >...

Using Myriad Pro font with Word?
Can I obtain Myriad Pro font to use in Word? Myriad Pro is in Adobe In Design CS2 If you own a copy of In Design or another Adobe package that includes the font, then you can use the font in Word just like any other font that's installed in your Windows\Fonts folder. If you don't own the font yet, you will have to buy it from somewhere such as http://www.paratype.com/fstore/fonts/Myriad-Pro.htm. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefi...

Using CDOEXM to move mailboxes in an Exchange 2003
I posted this in the scripting newsgroup, but I was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction. Is there a limit when you use CDO to move mailbox in an exchange 2003 environment? It seems like on the seventh mailbox move the script fails. We have a couple hundred of mailboxes that we need to move. http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/e2k3/e2k3/_cdo_imailboxstore_movemailbox.asp, we are using code some what like this ...

Update Random Records in Groups
Hi Group, I am trying to update a random set of records within different groups in my table. Table Person Person varchar(64), SelectedForReview bit default 0, Region char(2), RandomNumber (int) or RandomNumber (int) default CHECKSUM(NewID()) For each region I would like to set SelectedForReview = 1 for a random set of records within the region.. The stored procedure would do something like: -- Create Procedure SelectRegionSample @SampleSizePercent (int) Begin Update top (@SampleSizePercent) percent Person Set SelectedForReview = 1 Group by Region...

Grouping and counting
I want to get the number of transactions per day... The data looks like below.. I first need to mask out everything leaving the day and then I need sort, and group dates on transactions and then sum up the transactions per day... then I can get a average of transactions per day... Appreciate any help... Date Sold Transaction 2/27/2004 9:43 46724 2/27/2004 15:52 46747 2/27/2004 15:55 46748 2/27/2004 15:55 46748 2/27/2004 15:55 46748 2/27/2004 15:55 46748 2/27/2004 15:55 46748 2/27/2004 17:44 46750 2/28/2004 8:57 46752 2/28/200...

Daylight saving problems when using winapi's timezone functions
Hi, I get times from a server given in UTC (Coordinated Universal Time or Universal Time Coordinated), that is similar to GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) but not adjusted to daylight saving time. That is, during summer, UTC differs one hour from London time, since UK uses daylight saving during summer. The application I develop is used worldwide so I can not assume or hardcode anything. This should not be a problem since winapi have functions to handle this. I do the following. The function I use to convert UTC time to local time (New York time for me) looks like this: COleDateTime Conver...