Template with macro in Excel 2007

Hello,
I have an Excel 2007 template with macro. When a user opens this document
and wants to save it, the default format is an Excel document without macro!
That's pitty.
However, when a user use a Sent document in a email, the format is correct.
That seems a bit schizophrenic for me.

I have SP1 for Office 2007 installed.

I don't want to change an Excel global settins to default format with macro.

So, how to enforce Excel 2007 to have default format document with macros
when my teplate with macro is opened.

Thanks
0
Jirka (5)
6/25/2008 9:58:00 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi Jirka

I report this to MS a few months ago.
I hope they change this in the next version ?

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Jirka" <Jirka@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:723615B3-B41E-42A9-9395-A9470C50468E@microsoft.com...
> Hello,
> I have an Excel 2007 template with macro. When a user opens this document
> and wants to save it, the default format is an Excel document without macro!
> That's pitty.
> However, when a user use a Sent document in a email, the format is correct.
> That seems a bit schizophrenic for me.
>
> I have SP1 for Office 2007 installed.
>
> I don't want to change an Excel global settins to default format with macro.
>
> So, how to enforce Excel 2007 to have default format document with macros
> when my teplate with macro is opened.
>
> Thanks
0
rondebruin (3790)

How do I create a sample in Excel?

Excel 97 Win XP calc problem?

Killer macro idea for business mailings
One of you programmers should write a macro to validate a city from zip code. I receive excel files from response cards and a lot of people will put some random letters for their city instead of the actual city name, or maybe they'll put the wrong abrieviation for their state. It would be awesome if all the zipcodes could validate the state field and change if necessary and the same for the city fields too. Okay, have at it :) Okay, well good idea I think anyways, but it turns out that my columns just weren't wide enough so it didn't display more then 2 letters. ...

Accessing Windows Office Templates
There are some very nice templates at the Windows Office Template Gallery. I would like to download (mostly Word, but a few Excel) some of these templates, but the format comes out with a ".cab" extension that Office v.X doesn't understand. Is there any way to get these templates? Unfortunately, they make the Mac template archive look very weak. TIA Len Hi Len, Microsoft has a Mac template download page: http://www.microsoft.com/mac/resources/templates.aspx?pid=templates There's a link to the on-line gallery on that page. It looks like a newly re-designed gallery to m...

Date display in Excel

Excel and some disappeared sheets

OWA. CA's. and Exchange 2007

Office 2007 forms

Outlook 2007 addresses
How can I find the list of addresses I have sent emails to? When you start a new email you can put a letter in the To line and list will come up. Where is that list? How can I print it out? Thanks Matt that is the autocomplete cache. You would need a utility to print it out. http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2004/20040621.htm http://www.slipstick.com/problems/nicknamecache.asp -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Out...

Outlook 2007 Install gone wrong

VB Macro #2

Formatting a subtotal line with a macro

Using Company Wide Mail Templates.

Excel 2007 PC damages Mac Excel 2008 Files

Macros not performing correctly
I recorded a macro to place a vlookup formula in four cells that are side by side. When I run the macro it only performs the first task, it does not go on to do the other three. I used the tab key to go to the next cell while recording the macro, I don't know if that's why it's not working or if it's something else. The script looks like this: Sub EERates() ' ' EERates Macro ' Macro recorded 3/4/2005 by BCBSOK ' ' ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=VLOOKUP(RC[-2],Sheet1!R3C1:R102C2,2,0)" Range("F15").Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C...