Task Window to open and stay open

How do you get the Task Window to open and stay open when you start up Excel
2002?

I have the "Startup Task Pane" clicked in the Options|View window.

Thanks,
Jeff
---------------------                  ----------------------

Jeff
2/4/2004 6:07:16 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You may have a hidden workbook that opens automatically as Excel starts
up (e.g. Personal.xls), so the Task Pane closes, despite the Task Pane
setting. You can change the Registry, or add a macro to the workbook
that's opening automatically.

There are instruction for a macro in the following MSKB article:

XL2002: Task Pane Disappears When You Start Excel
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-ca;293820

Or, you can force the Task Pane to stay open by making a change to the
Registry (make a backup first!):

1. From the Start button, choose Run
2. Type regedit then click OK
3. Click the + sign to the left of HKEY_CURRENT_USER
4. Open Software, Microsoft, Office, 10.0, Common, and click on General
5. Choose Edit>New>DWORD Value
6. Type the name for the DWORD:  DoNotDismissFileNewTaskPane
7. Press Enter to complete the renaming
8. Choose Edit>Modify
9. Type 1 as the value and click OK
10. Close the Registry Editor

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)
2/4/2004 2:23:14 PM
Hi Debra,
Thanks very much. I followed the instructions for a macro in the MSKB
article you recommended, and I'm in business!!

--

Thanks,
Jeff
"Debra Dalgleish" <dsd@contexturesXSPAM.com> wrote in message
> You may have a hidden workbook that opens automatically as Excel starts
> up (e.g. Personal.xls), so the Task Pane closes, despite the Task Pane
> setting. You can change the Registry, or add a macro to the workbook
> that's opening automatically.
>
> There are instruction for a macro in the following MSKB article:
>
> XL2002: Task Pane Disappears When You Start Excel
>     http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-ca;293820
>
> Or, you can force the Task Pane to stay open by making a change to the
> Registry (make a backup first!):
>
> 1. From the Start button, choose Run
> 2. Type regedit then click OK
> 3. Click the + sign to the left of HKEY_CURRENT_USER
> 4. Open Software, Microsoft, Office, 10.0, Common, and click on General
> 5. Choose Edit>New>DWORD Value
> 6. Type the name for the DWORD:  DoNotDismissFileNewTaskPane
> 7. Press Enter to complete the renaming
> 8. Choose Edit>Modify
> 9. Type 1 as the value and click OK
> 10. Close the Registry Editor
>

> Jeff Hop wrote:
> > How do you get the Task Window to open and stay open when you start up
Excel
> > 2002?
> >
> > I have the "Startup Task Pane" clicked in the Options|View window.
>

> --
> Debra Dalgleish
> Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Jeff

Outlook or Windows Mobile 6 problem???
I recently got a Samsung Blackjack II Windows Mobile device, which I like way more than the Palm Treo 650 it replaced. There is one problem, however, which I describe below. I'm posting this message in this group because Samsung Level III support claims the problem is caused by outlook data corruption, not a bug in WM 6. I also posted a description of this problem in two Microsoft.pocketpc usenet groups and no one replied. Here is my problem description, which describes behavior on the WM 6 device: 1. If I am entering data into any application, or trying to send a text message, abou...

window based authentication with members defined in a distribution list. 02-21-10
I want windows based authentication for a particular folder of my web pages. This page should be accessible to only some of the managers and some other roles. I don't want to allow or deny role and persons in web.config. Rather, is it possible that a distribution list created in active directory of the domain and linked with web config? The logins that are there in the distribution list will only be able to view the pages and others will get error.aspx page. In this way, the non-technical higher position persons will also be able to grant and deny access to other members. ...

Disabling / enabling entire menu and toolbar if child window open and has focus
Greetings, I have an MFC app within which a user can choose to go to the company's web site. If they select this from the menu, a CMDIChildWnd is created containing a CHtmlView. I need to have it so when this window is opened, all the menus are disabled and the toolbar is disabled. Also, when the window loses / gets focus, the menus are disabled / enabled respectively. Is there an easy way of doing this? How might I go about it? Thanks for your help! ~simon You can't disable *all* the menu items typically, because you want File>Exit, Help>About, other Help items, etc. en...

sales line detail window-after updating the request Ship Date-also
I am also using manufacturing, when you change the requested ship date, you get a window asking: You can update the In House due date, What is the name of this window in modifer? I would like to modify this form, so the No button is disables, I want to make sure they always click 'yes' How do I find this form in modifer? the form name is just 'Microsoft GP Dynamics' thanks -- Doug ...

Extender Window #2
Question: I've created a extender window and pushed it out to a number of companies. Using GP 9.0 and so forth. Every now and then, I'll get a notice from a client that the extender window is no longer available. Easy fix for me is to just import it again. My question to you all, Is there anything documented or known to cause extender windows to just disappear? The data stored in them is still resident in the tables on the back-end, just the window itself isn't there. Tiger, I've noticed this happen whenever I made a change to the key fields in the extender window. You ar...

Does anyone know how to assign tasks to multiple individuals?
We use organizational boxes and have ocassion to send tasks out to other org boxes (6 usually). The problem is that you (apparently) lose the ability to track individually when you do this. Does anyone have any ideas, other than assigning 6 separate tasks (1 for each org box...). Thanks! ...

Records will not open
I am experiencing a problem with certain records within CRM that will not open. The system will try and try to open the record (pinging out two processors) until it finally times out. This is only with certain records but not others... Any suggestions? We experienced a similar problem. We created those records again (Leads) and deleted the old ones... all worked fine then "Phillip Sperry" <phillip.sperry@mxsecure.com> wrote in message news:9FeSb.10804$QJ3.6760@fed1read04... > I am experiencing a problem with certain records within CRM that will not > open. The syst...

Unable to Open received PO (change to "change order")
Great Plains will not allow me to change this Purchase Order from Received to Change Order: Here is the message I get: However, if I try to enter a quantity cancelled, I get: How can I re-open this Purchase Order so I can change the price??? Thank you. Unfortunately, the pasted messages did not come through. Once a line item is received, you can change its cost only during invoice matching. The process would be to return the item; add a new row with the correct cost; and receive and invoice the new item. Not an elegant solution, for sure. -- Charles Allen, MVP &quo...

VBA Code to Open File1; Open File2 copy sheets to File1
Using XL 2003 & 97 Need help with the following VBA code: Sub Macro1() Dim myNewWorkbook As String myNewWorkbook = ActiveWorkbook.Name Workbooks.Open Filename:="OldWorkbookFile.xls" Sheets(Array("Formulas", "Department Lables")).Activate Sheets(Array("Formulas", "Department Lables")).Copy _ Before:=Workbooks(myNewWorkbook).Sheets(2) Windows("OldWorkbookFile.xls").Activate ActiveWorkbook.Close Windows(myNewWorkbook).Activate ' ........ End Sub My goal is to have myNewWorkbook active then:...

When opening Excel get File Not Found error
When I open Excel for the first time, I get an error that says "Microsoft Visual Basic" in the title bar and then it says "File Not Found" I am not sure what is causing this. Any ideas? Thanks! Try opening excel in save mode excel.exe /s if you don't get the prompt, then it is probably related to a bad addin you have selected in tools=>addins or a workbook in your xlstart subdirectory. (try moving any files found there). You can then start adding things back until you find the file causing the problem. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "Andy" <anonymou...

Windows 7 Minimum Requirements
Does anyone know what are the minimum requirements for a new pc with Windows 7. Looks like I'd want Works,Quicken for software and an antivirus, "Sam spade" <sloopokespam@opto.net> wrote in message news:OgZKzlgbKHA.5796@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Does anyone know what are the minimum requirements for a new pc with > Windows 7. Looks like I'd want Works,Quicken for software and an > antivirus, Best to ask in a Windows 7 Community Forum. According to MS website: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor ...

Window's verson numbers
I'm writing an app in C++ using VS.net and I need to do this based on the OS. I can get the OS version number using _osver global variable found in the include STDLIB.H. But I need a list of what version number correspond to what OS so I know what the value in _osver means. Does anyone know where I can find these definitions? Also the major and minor builds might be useful? If this is the wrong newsgroup could you direct me to the right one? Thank Lots, Neil Neil B wrote: >I'm writing an app in C++ using VS.net and I need to do this based on the OS. >I can get the OS ver...

How to Print string (Windows Printer) using RMS QSRules.
A windows printer is set as a receipt printer for a register. I need to print strings to this printer using RMS QSRules. How can I do this? I tried using Register.ActivePrinter.PrintNormal(Station as Long,Data as String) but it won't work. By the way, what is Station in the parameter? ...

Excel slow to open workbook when I double-click in Windows
Hi, I am using Excel 2007 on a brand new PC (Intel Core 2 Duo; 2.53 GHz; 3.21 GB RAM; Windows XP Pro). I have installed and started using several applications already and this PC has been very fast and responsive. I am having an issue opening workbooks in Excel. If I open Excel first and then click on the Office button and choos Open, I can open up a workbook very quickly. However, when I double-click on a workbook in Windows (without having Excel open previously), it takes a *very* long time for the workbook to open. I just timed it at exactly one minute. I was wondering if anyone...

cant open html file in outlook 2007
hi, i am having trouble opening attached html file . error is " cant create html file .press Right click on the mouse and check permission on the file" can any body help :( -- בכבוד רב, מישל ויאנקור Have you tried clearing Microsoft Outlook's secure temp folder? "michel" <vaillancourt.michel@gmail.com> wrote in message news:AF480A87-907E-464C-A8A1-6C208A477950@microsoft.com... > hi, > > i am having trouble opening attached html file . error is " cant create > html > file .press Right click on the mouse and check...

HPEN and Rectangle() on Contantly refeshing window object
Hello, Well, I am totally stumped on this one. VC++ 6.0: I have an app that has a video window playing. What I need to do is to be able to draw a rubberbanded rectangle around an area within this screen. Well, the rubberband stuff works until it stretches over the video part of the window -- you will see the rubberbanded Rectangle for a split second on every mouse move, but as soon as motion stops, the rubberbanded rectangle line will be overwritten with the animated video screen. Is there a trick to set an HPEN object to be the top Z order so that it doesn't disappear when ove...

when i am in the window to choose a folder to export none are list
I want to export my contacts to an excel file. When I am in the window to choose a folder to export, there are no folders to click on. What version of Outlook are you using? Does anything show in that pane of the Import/Export Wizard? "outlook export files" <outlook export files@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17414043-FCB0-4C02-8ABF-C5288395157F@microsoft.com... >I want to export my contacts to an excel file. When I am in the window to > choose a folder to export, there are no folders to click on. ...

problem opening word 07
When I open word, a dialog box comes up which contains. among other things, the following instructions which I follow up to step 4 then I hit a snag as noted below. >The document contains macros. Macro language support for this application is disabled. Features requiring VBA are not available, Would you like to open this document read-only? Hide Help Open in Help Window • Microsoft Office Access, Microsoft Office Excel, Microsoft Office PowerPoint, or Microsoft Office Word -¬To check your macro security settings, click the Microsoft Office Button, click <program nam...

Open excel sheet twice at same time?
Hi, Probably a question asked all the time, but I often have trouble opening a file after making a desktop shortcut to an excel file. When opening, it gives an error message about opening a file with the same name at the same time (even though I'm not). The error message continues by saying that it doesn't matter if the files are in different folders and suggests renaming one of the files. Any ideas? Thanks. Robert No reason I can think of that would cause Excel to load the file twice irrespective of launching it from a shortcut. Couple of things to check: - The file isn'...

Money 2000 Windows XP SP2 Password problems
Hi. * I have reformatted my hard drive (On a Compaq Table TC1000) & reinstalled Windows XP Pro Tablet. * I have then installed the Windows XP SP2. I then restored my backups, which included my mny data file from Money 2000. * I then (amongst other software installs) installed Money from the original CD. * When I tried to start Money, it asks for the password as usual BUT it doesn't accept the usual password. * I have checked that it is the right file, checked Caps Lock, typed carefully several times - to no avail. * Are you aware of any problems with Money 2000 & SP2? I...

Where to download: SBS 2008 with Windows Server 2008 Service Pack
I am a technet plus member, but cannot find this version of SBS 2008 referenced below for download there. http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/archive/2009/10/16/coming-soon-sbs-2008-with-windows-server-2008-service-pack-2-included.aspx Can someone please point me at where I can find this version available for download? Thanks ozinca wrote: > I am a technet plus member, but cannot find this version of SBS 2008 > referenced below for download there. > > http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/archive/2009/10/16/coming-soon-sbs-2008-with-windows-server-2008-service-pack-2-included.a...

Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800ccc0dThis would not be a major pr
Dell inspirion 1545 Windows Vista HB MSG: The host 'http://get.live.com could not be found' Protocol: SMTP Port: 25 Secure(SSL): No Socket Error: 11001 I have uninstalled/Installed Windows Live Mail and get the same error. Email cannot be accessed via the Windows Live interface, only via hotmail. This would not be a major problem except that I cannot send photos. -- Thanks for the help. JohnnyT http://get.live.com is not used for email Is this problem occurring with a Hotmail account ? If using the pop3/smtp protocol for sending/receiving with a Hotmail account...

On opening outlook
Hi When i open outlook it always goes to a particular folder in my inbox (its a sub folder, about 5 levels down). How do i set it to 1. just open and go to the inbox 2. or open to the last folder i had open. thanks in advance Andy C Tools-> Options-> tab Other-> button Advanced Options... Here you can specify your default startup folder. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "AC&q...

Windows Pro C.O.A. Question
I have a Dell Latitude D510 with Windows XP Pro SP2 installed. It's used and the machine didn't come with a restore disk, and there is no restore partition. But the COA sticker is attached to the bottom of the machine. I have an OEM copy of Windows XP Pro with SP2. If I have to reinstall the operating system, can I use the OEM version and use the laptop's COA to activate Windows? I realize that I may have to hunt down drivers such as WiFi and sound if they aren't included with my OEM copy. Thanks Don wrote: > I have a Dell Latitude D510 with Windows X...

Multiple Email Accounts in Windows Live Mail
I added a yahoo.com email address within Windows Live Mail and decided against it. I removed it from the Live Mail properties but yahoo emails continue to post within Live Mail desktop. I've checked the obvious settings but can't find anything to change to make this stop. I want to totally remove yahoo.com email from Windows Live and access yahoo emails from the Internet. Do you by chance have a Hotmail account and in the account on the web site told it fetch mail from Yahoo? Hotmail website: Options, More Options,. Send and receive mail from other e-mail account...