Switch row with column?

Hello guys, im very new to excel, and im trying to learn.  I cant seem
to figure out how to switch my chart around.  I have a list of
companies on the top, and down the left i have a list of locations.
How can i make the locations go on top, and the companies down the
left?

--
jason57gizmo
jason57gizmo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30700

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Depending on the number of rows you're using--since there's only 256 columns to
work with.

Select your range to Transpose.
find a nice open spot that doesn't touch that original range (a new sheet???)
Edit|paste special|check the Transpose box and hit ok.

There's also a worksheet function you could use:

=transpose()

Say you want to transpose A1:B5, you could select  C1:G2 and type:
=transpose(a1:b5)
but hit shift-ctrl-enter to do the work.

jason57gizmo wrote:

> Hello guys, im very new to excel, and im trying to learn.  I cant seem
> to figure out how to switch my chart around.  I have a list of
> companies on the top, and down the left i have a list of locations.
> How can i make the locations go on top, and the companies down the
> left?
>
> --
> jason57gizmo
> jason57gizmo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30700
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=503627

--

Dave Peterson
0

csv-file-lines back to excel rows and columns
Hello, My Excel-version is 2002. I am working with long lists of Attendees for courses and get them in csv-format, so all Data are in long rows with commas inbetween. But I need them in rows and columns, name under name, adress under adress and so on. Is there a Way to convert them from csv to rows and columns? Thank you rosalia You may want to post a sample (not the workbook) of how your data is laid out. And if the data is all in a long column (not row), then is each group delimited by anything (blank row)?? Or is it x rows per group? You'll get different suggestions based on the l...

remove or hide blank rows
Hello, I have a problem with excel, i have one sheet with a lot of information of project that are plannend for a prefered month. I want to make a list on a other sheet for each month. I want to use the name of the month to generate this sheet. How do i leave the blank rows(because there for a other month) out of this list? Thanks -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com Erik, Try using Data | Filter | Autofilter to hide all non-related information prior to copying and pasting into the other sheet. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Erik Beijlen via OfficeKB.com" <forum...

switching axis
How do I switch the Y axis values so they show in the X axis and vice-a-versa? Example: I want to create chart showing dates on the X axis and my categories on the Y axis. Basically, I want to create a timeline based off of my table that has one column of different events and another column showing the dates they took place. Is this possible? You can use a gantt chart to show the timelines. Jon Peltier has links to sites with instructions: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/GanttLinks.html mstack wrote: > How do I switch the Y axis values so they show in the X axis and v...

Row Height when Wrapping Text
I have a program that saves to excel. When saving comments to excel, it wraps the text in a row. I want to continue to wrapt the text. Is there any way to automatically change the row height to fit the text (the text is more than one line)? Thanks, Missy The default is to autofit. If you have changed the row height, then this disables the autofit. Select the row and do Format=>Row=>Autofit. If you have merged cells, then this won't work. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy <mdyoung3390@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:027b01c3d32c$c114bf50$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have a ...

vertical column to horizantal data
I have been copying and pasting data to and from a column in Excel and various other utilities like notepad. I need to have the vertical data/cells (1,000+) in a horizontal format. Is there a quick easy way to do this? TIA In other words: How can I change one long column into one long row? "NewsGuy" <john-os@excite.com> wrote in message news:3oCbe.5309$lf2.3769@bignews6.bellsouth.net... > I have been copying and pasting data to and from a column in Excel and > various other utilities like notepad. I need to have the vertical > data/cells (1,000+) in a horizonta...

Switching axis of a chart

Search columns on multiple worksheets
In a workbook I have a worksheet for each month of the year. How would I be able to automatically determine whether the entry currently being made has been entered in the same column previously on any of the worksheets? (Similar to “Find” under Edit) If so, would it be possible to indicate the previously entered data by highlighting each duplicate cell? I suggest you start with Chip's site www.cpearson.com which has lots about duplicates Then come back with more detailed question best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps fro...

Changing column views
When I go into view-> columns and change the columns that I want to see in my view, it only saves the changes for that session. IE when I go back into Mail later it has reset to the original columns! How do I keep the view changes that I want permanently?? "Vic33" <Vic33@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:47019EF9-C74D-44A4-BE86-79283C4CEA5A@microsoft.com... > When I go into view-> columns and change the columns that I want to see in > my > view, it only saves the changes for that session. IE when I go back into > Mail later...

How can I add a column of names for example
I have A2 = adrienne, A3 = Joe how do I do the formuala to make their names = 2 This formula counts the number of non-blank cells in A2:A5 =COUNTA(A2:A5) Does that help? -------------------------- Regards, Ron Microsoft MVP (Excel) (XL2003, Win XP) "christina" <christina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:28F5908A-C131-413B-87D8-7040A71C9275@microsoft.com... >I have A2 = adrienne, A3 = Joe how do I do the formuala to make their >names > = 2 "Ron Coderre" wrote: > This formula counts the number of non-blank cells in A2:A5 >...

How do I sort using text located in different columns?
I know this is a bad design, but in my worksheet I want to sort using text entries (for example," dist" or "bp") that are (or may be) located in five separate columns. The entries have the same meaning regardless of column, and I want to capture all of the entries in a single sort. Is this possible, or do I need to go to a relational database? I don't want to construct a worksheet with separate columns for each entry type because there are simply too many types. Thanks. Does this mean that there is only one " dist" or "bp" in those 5 column...

Stacked Column Chart
I have this stacked column shart with 3-D visual effect, in which I would like to decrease the height of the columns vis-vis the plot area as I need to insert text boxes in the plot area over the columns. How do I go about it? Can somebody pl. help me with this? Fenil. Increase the Y axis maximum so that the columns do not reach so high. If you're adding textboxes, make sure you select the chart before adding the textboxes, so they are embedded in the chart, rather than in the worksheet. Also you will be well served to change to a 2D chart, otherwise it will soon become very clutt...

Excel bug
Hi, recently I have got a strange bug in Excel after running VBA code. Left columns got covered with a sort of extended border / frame and were not accessible anymore. How can Iget rid of this? It happens now time - to time. Any help welcomed. I attach the creen shot Petr +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: Excel_Bug.doc | |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4264 | +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ -- Petr Gorlich -----------------------...

Multiple Columns Group Footer
Good Morning, I have created a report with multiple columns. Each Group has a total count and summary in the Group Footer. Can someone tell me how I can show this total on the same line of the printed report (as each column contains different numbers of records)? Thanks in advance. "D. M." <DM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:60219AB1-51C8-496A-9F6D-B62E0EC80C18@microsoft.com... > Good Morning, > > I have created a report with multiple columns. Each Group has a total count > and summary in the Group Footer. Can someone tell me how I can ...

Creating a Formula to Format Column automatically? #6
What if I wanted to do more than three conditions -- bludovic ----------------------------------------------------------------------- bludovico's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1480 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26434 You can have 4 conditions. 1. The default 2,3,4 other conditions. More than that would require Code, most likely Event code. Example.... Option Compare Text Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim Num As Long Dim rng As Range Dim vRngInput As Variant Set vRngInput = I...

stacked bar, and column, two axes
with a stacked bar, and a column, on two separate axes, the current chart has the column that's on the second axis right over top of the stacked bar. Is there a way to move the column so that it is beside the stacked bar, not on top of it? The manage would also like to add a line, in addition to the stacked bar and the column. ?? sort of gettin' it. thanks. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-ca;214119 Do you mean a stacked column on the primary axis, and a single column on the secondary axis? Because stacked bars run horizontally and stacked columns ver...

Row Compression
Is it possible to remove rows that are blank in some column? Suppose I have a 4 b 6 8 d 2 e 9 And want to remove rows with a blank in column 1 and collapse the whole array to get: a 4 b 6 d 2 e 9 -- Wayne T. Watson (Watson Adventures, Prop., Nevada City, CA) (121.015 Deg. W, 39.262 Deg. N) GMT-8 hr std. time) Obz Site: 39° 15' 7" N, 121° 2' 32" W, 2700 feet "Academic disputes are vicious because so little is at stake." -- Anonymous ...

two lines of text in a single row?
I would like to enter two lines of text in a single row (using ALT-ENT), but I don't want to merge cells. It's ok if the text spills across adjacent columns. And I don't want the text to wrap. Any ideas? thanks You will have to widen the column -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "SteveB" <SteveB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0202611E-4E65-4E6A-AC67-A6274C68B601@microsoft.com... > I would like to enter two lines of text in a single row (using ALT-ENT), but > I don't want to merge cells. It's ok if the text spill...

Selecting only odd numbered rows
I have a spreadsheet with data on all the even numbered rows. All th odd numbered rows are blank. The data is imported into the spreadshee from a text file. How can I select and delete all the odd numbered rows which have n data in them? (Manually doing this is not an option as there are 15 different spreadsheets with approximately 2500 rows of data on each -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Can you do a sort or autofilter on the data ? That way all rows with data should be in the top half. Regards Bill K "Alan T >" <<Alan.T.12n317@excelforum-nospam.com>...

Get the difference of two values which are on the same row , on t.
Hi, If I want to maintain my daily expenditure on the worksheet of Excel, I need to enter some data on the same day ( or same row of the sheet ) as shown below: Example : Date Money in hand Expenditure Balance 15-10-2007 2800.00 500.00 I should get the balance as 2300.00 on the Balance column. How can I get it on the sheet automatically, after filling first 03 columns? Best Regards. Piya ...

FRX row format, MDA codes should allow me to use wild card charac.
FRX row format, MDA codes should allow me to use wild card characters, such as 11-1100-00,[Group.CODE???] 11-1100-00,[Group.CODE001]+11-1100-00,[Group.CODE002] -- Regards, Raja Raja, When using MDA Group and/or MDA Code within FRX you must explicitly enter the code IN FULL Use of wildcards is not supported, nor permitted. You will have to list each Code individually as you illustrate in your second line. Robert "Raja V" <rvijayarangan@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:84D34C61-13BC-42DF-B393-3F16E3E9C151@microsoft.com... > FRX row format, MDA codes should allow me to...

columns #5
Can I add columns beyond IV? Tony, no. Column IV is the limit. -- DDM "DDM's Microsoft Office Tips and Tricks" www.ddmcomputing.com "Tony" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:57b401c42d45$59015770$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Can I add columns beyond IV? Hi No! -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Tony wrote: > Can I add columns beyond IV? ...

sum text in vertical + horizontal columns
I am producing a rota for my workplace.I can sum up the amount of shift staff do horizontally( left to right) using the sum function.Howeve what i want to do at the bottom of each column is add the number o staff on duty.I can do this using the sum function but it adds up al the letters i have in each column.EG H=Holiday so when a H is on th rota i dont want it to add to my total at the bottom of the colum D=Duty i have 4 staff on each night so in each column i could have Duty 1 on H and 1 S off sick i now get a total of 6 when i really wan it so show 4 automatically as i want the H & S n...

Next-To-Last, Non-Blank, Rightmost Value in a Row
Consider a single row and ten columns. Some or all or none of the cells in the row will have non-numerical data. Can anyone provide a formula that will display the next-to-last, non-blank, rightmost value in the row? From the sample data below, the result would be "Dog" Column A - Mom Column B - Dad Column C - (blank) Column D - Sis Column E -(blank) Column F - Bro Column G - Dog Column H - (blank) Column I - (blank) Column J - Cat Column K - (FORMULA WHICH PROVIDES THE ANSWER) Thank you for your consideration and support. Ctrl+Shift+enter: =INDEX(1:1,LARG...

CListCtrl and row highlight
Hi All, I have a question regarding CListCtrl. When a list control has entries in it and a user clicks on a row (i.e. the control has focus) then that row is highlighted. However as soon as the control loses focus (i.e. a user clicks on some other control) then the row's highlight colour changes by default. Is it possible to disable this so that the row is still highlighted in exactly the same colour regardless of whether it has focus or not? Thanks in advance for any help anyone can pass on. Paul Hi, add style LVS_SHOWSELALWAYS Bye, Holger. Check the following example: http...

move a row of data from one work sheet to another using a formula
Hello, I am trying to create a formula that will move the contents of an entire row in one worksheet or multiple worksheets into a single worksheet that accumulates all the rows. Specifically, I have multiple worksheets created that have the same format as far as the cells and rows go. The text in each cell and row is different and some of the cells contain formulas. There will be a column of cells with no text in each worksheet. When I enter a number into that empty cell it changes the numbers in a few of the other cells within that row. I want the rows with values in the c...