Switch row with column?

Hello guys, im very new to excel, and im trying to learn.  I cant seem
to figure out how to switch my chart around.  I have a list of
companies on the top, and down the left i have a list of locations.
How can i make the locations go on top, and the companies down the
left?

--
jason57gizmo
jason57gizmo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30700

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Depending on the number of rows you're using--since there's only 256 columns to
work with.

Select your range to Transpose.
find a nice open spot that doesn't touch that original range (a new sheet???)
Edit|paste special|check the Transpose box and hit ok.

There's also a worksheet function you could use:

=transpose()

Say you want to transpose A1:B5, you could select  C1:G2 and type:
=transpose(a1:b5)
but hit shift-ctrl-enter to do the work.

jason57gizmo wrote:

> Hello guys, im very new to excel, and im trying to learn.  I cant seem
> to figure out how to switch my chart around.  I have a list of
> companies on the top, and down the left i have a list of locations.
> How can i make the locations go on top, and the companies down the
> left?
>
> --
> jason57gizmo
> jason57gizmo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30700
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=503627

--

Dave Peterson
0

Highlighting the active row with special colour
Hi there Is there a macro that highlights the whole active row (not only the active cell) that the cursor is in, in an Excel worksheet? Thanks Raj Highlight it in a particular colour, I meant... that would move along when I would move the cursor onto another row.... "Raj Mazumdar" wrote: > Hi there > > Is there a macro that highlights the whole active row (not only the active > cell) that the cursor is in, in an Excel worksheet? > > Thanks > > Raj Try this '---------------------------------------------------------------- Private Sub Workshe...

How to monitor wireless switch activity?
Hello, how do I monitor activity of the wireless switch on my laptop? Is there an interface that can be monitored via 'RegisterDeviceNotification()'? Basically, I want my application to know if/when the user disable the wireless subsystem on the laptop. Thanks, Rick On some Windows versions you could use the WlanRegisterNotificationFunction and look for power setting change. Good luck, Thomas F. Divine http://www.pcausa.com "rf" <rf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:92259E46-401E-4B44-B286-1D6998B83467@microsoft.com... &...

How to substitute for a non-existing column in a joined table
Hi, Is there a simpler way than a UNION to return a default value of a joined table for which a corresponding row does not exist? The following example (not a working one, of course) illustrates what I'm after. I'd like to return 'N/A' as c2name if there is no matching row in t2 SELECT t1.c1 (CASE t2.t1pk WHEN NULL THEN 'N/A' ELSE t2.name END) AS c2name, FROM t1 LEFT JOIN t2 ON t2.t1pk = t1.pk Thanks. On 2010-04-21 21:05, bob wrote: > Is there a simpler way than a UNION to return a default value of a joined > table for which a ...

Money 2006 Standard
I've just started to use the Money 2006 and I'm trying to move from the Essential Budget to the Advanced Budget, but the software does not move to the selected option. Is there any action to correct this problem? I was using a very old Money version (97) and the file was converted without any problem with budget data in the Advanced format, but as I can't select the Advanced Budget I'm not able to change anything in it. Is it possible to somebody help me on solving this problem? Thank you very much -- Bob Campos Have you tried doing a File - Repair, Bob? -- Michael Gor...

FORMATING COLUMNS..... HELP
I need to format columns to allow only 7 characters and the rest of the data to go into column B -- JTEFUN "JTEFUN" <JTEFUN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6C5C7A99-E83F-430E-9576-6D1DB57B9311@microsoft.com... >I need to format columns to allow only 7 characters and the rest of the >data > to go into column B > -- > JTEFUN > If you mean that if a user types a lot of data into the one cell and that when they reach 7 characters the rest of the data is automatically inserted into the next cell, then I don't think you can do that....

more than 65,536 rows
Hi Is it possible to have more than 65,653 rows on a worksheet? The data I have does not fit on a normal sheet Harald Harald, Unfortunately, the maximum number of rows on a worksheet is 65,536 rows and cannot be increased. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "Harald Bock" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D6E9402F-92F4-4649-A72C-BC38BE6C89EB@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > Is it possible to have more than 65,653 rows on a worksheet? The data I have does not...

Rows and Columns Settings Problem
How do you set rows and columns in a way that when you scrol down/column you can always see a certain row(s)/column(s) -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Check out XL Help for "Freeze Panes" In article <JMorgan.1ad5vf@excelforum-nospam.com>, JMorgan <<JMorgan.1ad5vf@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: > How do you set rows and columns in a way that when you scroll > down/column you can always see a certain row(s)/column(s). Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Question re:clustered column w/3D visual effect
I have Excel 2003 Why wont the 3D chart allow you to drag it more open? There is a large open area between the left side and the axis that looks jerky :) In a plain clustered column chart you can click inside to make the frame appear and drag it larger or smaller as you desire. In the 3D, clicking only allows you to change the angles of the 3D box. Am I missing something? thanks, Meenie This should be a hint to avoid the 3D effects. 3D charts are inflexible, but more important, the 3D effects mask the information in the chart. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc....

BULK Conditional Formatting
I've read the posts on conditional formatting for cell colour based o another cell's value (eg. set the conditional formatting to "formul is" and then "=A1>0" and set the colour as red / blue / whatever...) however wondering if I can do this for an entire column withou individually changing the conditional formatting for each cell one b one (as there are over 400 rows). Basically I need a formula that reads the contents of column B for th particular row that is active. Can anyone help -- Rob Moyl ---------------------------------------------------------------...

Charting depending on criteria & data series name as a column val
I want to chart some prices as I want to take a look at price trends. My problems, and I can not figure out how to solve them, are: 1. Is it possible to dynamically change the chart depending on certain criteria (product family & selected customers) 2. As the number of customers is variable and they are in one of the columns. Is it possible to plot a series (customer name), depending on the name of a column? 3. I want to chart the data based on the date, but just include the dates available, to prevent periods of time showing no change (e.g. I don't want monthly ticks for the x a...

Minimizing Rows of with similar data
I am using Excel 2007. I have 3 columns A, B, and C such as below: TU10-10 TU10 Tungsten Satin Wedding Band TU10-10.5 TU10 Tungsten Satin Wedding Band TU10-11 TU10 Tungsten Satin Wedding Band TU10-11.5 TU10 Tungsten Satin Wedding Band TU10-12 TU10 Tungsten Satin Wedding Band TU10-12.5 TU10 Tungsten Satin Wedding Band TU10-13 TU10 Tungsten Satin Wedding Band TU10-6 TU10 Tungsten Satin Wedding Band TU10-6.5 TU10 Tungsten Satin Wedding Band TU10-7 TU10 Tungsten Satin Wedding Band TU10-7.5 TU10 Tungsten Satin Wedding Band TU10-8 TU10 Tungsten Satin Wedding Band TU10-8.5 TU10 Tung...

Returning Data from a third cell in same row that meets two other
I'm looking for a formula that will return a result from a cell on a same row as two other cells that meet certain criteria. I'm sure there is a way to do this but i am a novice at this kind of stuff and can't seem to figure it out. For example i want a cell to = what is in column E when column A="36751" and when column B="Total Returns" The spreadsheet has 55000 rows. there will only be one instance where both these criteria are met. i want to use this to create a seperate spreadsheet with just info i need and can update on a daily basis. thanks in ...

How do I filter rows based upon a column value
I have a spreadsheet that contains multiple agency id's in a column. When generating reports, I would like to filter per agency and display only the rows associated with that agency. Is there a tutorial or sample on how to do this? Hi It sounds like you are looking for Data / Filter / AutoFilter. Have a look here for some basics: http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter01.html -- Andy. "Jack" <nfr@nospam.com> wrote in message news:eqiU08TVEHA.2988@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I have a spreadsheet that contains multiple agency id's in a column. When > generati...

List all row source for all forms, reports etc.
Hi I'm doing some work cleaning out old unused forms, reports and queries. I have been going through each report in a database (There are A LOT), determining its row source query, then marking it for deletion. I will eventually end up going through and deleting all the unused queries. As you can imagine this is time consuming, and I was thinkg 'there must be a FASTER way" Does anyone have a suggestion, or link to a pre-built function or model that could assist me? Regards Darragh On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 22:14:18 -0800 (PST), Darragh <darragh.murray@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi...

columns changed to numbers instead of letters?
I noticed my excel clumns have changed from letters to numbers and forumlas now look like =RC[-1]*R[-3]C[6] I was trying to make the R[-3]C[6] static (using the $) but it errors. Thanks Mike In Excel Options uncheck "R1C1 Reference Style" Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 28 Oct 2010 20:25:30 -0400, Mike <no_please@not.com> wrote: >I noticed my excel clumns have changed from letters to numbers and >forumlas now look like =RC[-1]*R[-3]C[6] >I was trying to make the R[-3]C[6] static (using the $) but it errors. >Thanks >Mike ...

How do I remove cross hatches in Sigma column
Addition of a column results in cross hatches. How do I get rid of the cross hatches and simply have the sum printed in the column? Widen the cell so the resulting value will fit. Excel does this so you don't accidentally SEE a number that's LESS than the actual number, which is what would occur if the column wasn't wide enough. ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "YHESSLER@EXAMPLE.COM" <YHESSLER@EXAMPLE.COM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08545D7F-E1B3-4879-A7DB-A2B723DDCD3F@microsoft.com... > Addition of a column results in cro...

Column names
Is there any code to convert column(number) to column(letters), and V.V. e.g. 27 for AA, AB for 28 Thanks =COLUMN(AA:AA) -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "daniel chen" <danchen@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:eRRce.675942$w62.535613@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net... > Is there any code to convert column(number) to column(letters), and V.V. > e.g. 27 for AA, AB for 28 > Thanks > Hi, Peo Great! Thanks. How about the other way? i.e. 27 for AA "Peo Sjoblom" <terre08@mvps.org> wrote in message news:%23MpiXScTFHA.2560@TK2MSFTNG...

comparing 2 similar columns on seperate work sheets in 1 workbook
How can I compare a column from worksheet 1 to a column in worksheet 2 of the same work book? BTW, the cell my have a number or text in it but not formulas "Dan" wrote: > How can I compare a column from worksheet 1 to a column in worksheet 2 of the > same work book? What are you looking for? If you want to find out if each cell in Column A of sheet1 appears in column A of sheet2, you could use a helper column of formulas: =isnumber(match(a1,sheet2!a:a,0)) and drag down And you could use the same kind of formula that will tell you if values in sheet2 appear in sheet1. ...

How to switch users in Outlook
I am used to using Outlook Express on my old computer. My new computer has Outlook. There are two users in our family. How do we switch users so that we are not reading each other's mail in Outlook? Outlook Express has a "switch users" selection but Outlook does not. Outlook typically depends on different OS level user logins. What OS are you using? "Dennie" <Dennie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7C03B0A9-F2C7-4AFD-9300-F138A643346E@microsoft.com... >I am used to using Outlook Express on my old computer. My new computer has > Ou...

How to get Row # in formula?
I have several rows with the same formula but they are seperated, in some cases, by rows with other information to prevent me from just dragging a formula down to other rows. Ex. While in row 13: B13*C13+B13*D13+B13*E13 While in row 20: B20*C20+.... how can I write a formula to populate the "13" or "20" automatically for whatever row I am in? Thanks, Dave You may not be able to drag it, but if you copy row13 formula and go to row 20 it updates does it not? -- HTH Bob "DaveR" <DaveR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

Add numbers accross columns after stripping away text
I have the following data in a spreadsheet: A1 B1 C1 D1 E1 F1 4.5f 6f 3.5f 3f 7.25f I need to be able to add the numbers together to give me 24.25, i.e. strip the fs away. The numbers will always be less than 10 and the there will only ever be .25 or.5 or .75 after the number (I don't know whether that is significant?). If anyone can show me how to do this I would be very grateful. I have been messing around with MID and FIND to no avail and then started thinking that SUMPRODUCT might have to get involved but it all got a bit m...

pivot table, How to add 1 column
I just need to add one column only but pivot table create another one? I thinkc because I have a column with 2 parameters. I can turn on / off with the field drop down menu How can I get around with this problem? Thanks Daniel ...

Cross referencing named row with named column
I'm trying to find a way to cross reference a column named June with a row named Sales but cant figure out what the syntax is. I thought it used to be =June|Sales but it doesnt seem to work. Hi try =INDEX(A1:H20,MATCH("June",A1:H1,0),MATCH("Sales",A1:A20,0)) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "davide212" <davide212@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:917620B9-9182-45C8-9D0F-56B0878CF617@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to find a way to cross reference a column named June with a row > named Sales but cant figure out ...

count rows
Hi I have two worksheets - sheet1 and sheet2. Sheet1 is my main data which contains 7 colums (A-G) and number of rows varies depend on data. In sheet2 I have formula in Row1 (A1:G1) and I need to copy down the formula to exactly the same number of rows in Sheet1. (For eg: if my sheet1 has 15 rows, I need to copy the formula in A1:G1 of sheet2 till A15:G15). Hope someone help me Thanks in advance Toms --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Toms You could add an unused row with a number or letter in it and then count that separately each time with countif? John "SMILE...

Form Opening with Blank Column(s)
I have created a couple applications that are working well on our remote access server, Access 2003. However, when I have people put the application on there standard desktop on the network, one or more columns appear blank when the form is opened in Access 2003. Any ideas why the data retrieval or function would change between our server addition of Access vs client workstations? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com I have one user in my organization that is experiencing this problem also. The problem started the week of the 25th of February. The user could not give me a ...