Supplemental info to "HELP-excel date malfunction

      Here's some additional info to the earlier post on the
date cell function malfunction. Been isolated to the
function to insert the date (cell format/date). It seems the
application cannot interpret the system date properly.
Always inserts/interprets the date as CurrentMonth-01-2011,
instead of actual date. I cannot use the application this
way. I am using the 'general' setting in cell format, then
entering the string Month(abr)-day [eg= dec-17] instead of
letting application enter the date automatically.
Is there a patch available for this issue?

--
Visit Family Radio Today
http://www.familyradio.com/

would suggest that you stick to your original thread.

"Lester Stiefel" <les7954@verizon.net> wrote in message news:OdJLn5nQIHA.3556@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>      Here's some additional info to the earlier post on the
> date cell function malfunction. Been isolated to the
> function to insert the date (cell format/date). It seems the
> application cannot interpret the system date properly.
> Always inserts/interprets the date as CurrentMonth-01-2011,
> instead of actual date. I cannot use the application this
> way. I am using the 'general' setting in cell format, then
> entering the string Month(abr)-day [eg= dec-17] instead of
> letting application enter the date automatically.
> Is there a patch available for this issue?
>
> --
> Visit Family Radio Today
> http://www.familyradio.com/
Lester

I am confused by......... .."function to insert the date(cell format/date)"

There is no function to insert the date unless you mean CTRL + ;

And this....... "I am using the 'general' setting in cell format, then
entering the string Month(abr)-day [eg= dec-17] instead of
letting application enter the date automatically."

What do you mean by "enter the date automatically"

What date do you get when you enter 12/17  or 12/17/2007

Format>Cell>Number>Date  does not "insert" a date, only formats what is in the
cell.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 15:46:00 -0500, "David McRitchie"
<dmcritchie_xlmvp@verizon.net> wrote:

>would suggest that you stick to your original thread.
>

>"Lester Stiefel" <les7954@verizon.net> wrote in message news:OdJLn5nQIHA.3556@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>>      Here's some additional info to the earlier post on the
>> date cell function malfunction. Been isolated to the
>> function to insert the date (cell format/date). It seems the
>> application cannot interpret the system date properly.
>> Always inserts/interprets the date as CurrentMonth-01-2011,
>> instead of actual date. I cannot use the application this
>> way. I am using the 'general' setting in cell format, then
>> entering the string Month(abr)-day [eg= dec-17] instead of
>> letting application enter the date automatically.
>> Is there a patch available for this issue?
>>
>> --
>> Visit Family Radio Today
>> http://www.familyradio.com/

0
Gord

Help for time saving!
Hi I have got created an Excel Script that creates a Word Document. A bill. But for only 8 bill entries the script needs to much time. For this entries it works about 30 secounds. If you want to help me look at this page: www.kluesener.info/excel.html And if you find anything that saves time please tell me how I can do it better. Sorry for my bad english Many Thanks Jens ...

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

Excel not Access

Excel 2007

How do I use traffic lights in excel

Need help with Auto Filter

help with simple maths in excel

Help with income/expenses

Opening Excel Workbooks

dates #5
Is there a formula to ad a numeric value to the name of a month. I am running a query in excel (pulling from an external source) and would like to sort as teh table refreshes by month and year. I have code to to do the refresh and the sort, but it sorts in alphabetical order. I was thinking a formula could place a numeric value to the month (1 = Jan, 2 = Feb, etc) and I can sort based on that. Is there an easy formula to do this. Thanks in advance Your easy formula could be: =MATCH(A1,{"Jan","Feb","Mar","Apr","May","Jun"...

Excel DNS query

Excel Problem

Need Query Help

Font dosen't revert back to original after typing in date
Example I n my text I type I have December 28th The th automatically reduces to a much smaller font and once you hit the sapce bar to continue it reverts back to the larger font. It only does this some of times, why is this being so inconsistent?. I refortmated my comp. last week and when I reinstalled office I was hoping this inconsistent problem would have been resloved, but no 2nd question please. When I post a question in "discussion group" and check the box "Notify me of Replies" I never receice a reply to my question I then have to go back to ...

Convert date
How can I convert a date in this format (mm-dd-yyyy) to a Julian-date (i.e., YYYYDDD)? For example: 09-13-2003 to 2003256 Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/jdates.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany gary wrote: > How can I convert a date in this format (mm-dd-yyyy) to a > Julian-date (i.e., YYYYDDD)? > > For example: 09-13-2003 to 2003256 On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 10:24:57 -0700, "gary" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How can I convert a date in this format (mm-dd-yyyy) to a >Julian-date (i.e., YYYYDDD)? > >For exa...

formating date from general2 custom
I have an input xls file with the date but like this: Wed May 14 00:00:00 GMT-05:00 2008 I need to have just following format dd/mm/yyyy I tried to format it using Format->Cells->Date or Format->Cells- >Custom but this is failing. Nothing changed. Any ideas? Thanks for the help. Vlad <vladimir.vaynshtok@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1013b138-352b-4799-81ba-9508b74a1850@t54g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... >I have an input xls file with the date but like this: > > Wed May 14 00:00:00 GMT-05:00 2008 > > I need to have just following format > > d...

Help with a simple database
I am attempting to use Excel to develop a simple database for my office. The database basically lists a variety of orders purchased from various vendors, and my goal is to categorize and sort each vendor seperately. For example: GC Group 4/24/03 7831.1 $1,000.00 Alpha 1/20/03 7003.1 $2,000.00 Chandler 5/6/03 7050.1 $345.50 Is what the main chart looks like. Now, what I'm trying to accomplish is, suppose I added Tomsen 4/20/03 7873.1 $200.00 to the very bottom, Excel would automatically create a new tab (or even worksheet, if possible) tit...

Can anyone help ?