sum value then insert row

How can I make for loop?
 the conditions are: if  total value column height = 5 and column
Article = "bike" then copy second row  to row  6 (therefore 1 row
added between file 5 and 6)
thanks for your response

0
hai.tio (1)
2/28/2007 3:04:34 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Lookup and return value
I have 2 worksheets, W1 has a unique id that I need to place on W2, if the names match. If name matches from W1, then place Unique ID on W2 Worksheet 1 - 2 columns Unique Id Name 100 Little 200 Smith 201 Blue 303 Yellow Worksheet 2 - 2 columns - Need to display Id Name ID Little Yellow Blue Smith On worksheet 2, cell b2: =INDEX('Worksheet 1'!A:A,MATCH(A2,'Worksheet 1'!B:B,0)) With error trapping: =IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(A2,'Worksheet 1'!B:B,0)),INDEX('Worksheet 1'!A:A,MATCH(A2,'Worksheet 1'!B:B,0)),"") ...

Inserting picture as a background
I inserted a picture as my background from my hard drive. Multiple images appeared in the document. I know that if you are working with a webpage it tiles so that the image appears on each page. But I am creating a brochure and only want 1 image. Has anyone else experienced this and do you have a solutionl. -- kbp When you use the Format >> background you will get tiling. Best to put an image on the Master Page and stretch it to fit. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Kimberley" <Kimberley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F2123E93-DDEF-4...

Insert rows and fill formulas
I have just added this on a work sheet. It works OK when sheet is unprotected but when I protect the sheet it comes up error 400. If I select Insert row on protection box it will insert row but not formulas while protected. How can I get it to work while sheet is protected. I have also setup a botton on the taskbar to do this for me but it will only do it for the day I set it up in. When I save as for the next day it wont work on the new sheet. Your help will be appreciated Regards Chris I'm not an expert but I thought the whole idea of protecting the worksheet is so p...

How to insert a page break every 10 lines
Hi, I have been stumped on this one. I have been trying to write a macr for days on inserting a page break every 10 lines and haven't been abl to figure it out. I will have have to write a macro to insert a blan row every two lines. Thanks, Ev ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Eva, The following code will insert a page break every 10 rows. Change the values of StartRow and EndRow to meet your needs. Dim RowNdx As Long Dim StartRow As Long ...

limit number of rows 7 colloms in a worksheet
is there a way to limit or set the number of rows & collums in a worksheet ? thanks david --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ "davidbrowne17" <davidbrowne17.ya1sm@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:davidbrowne17.ya1sm@excelforum-nospam.com... > is there a way to limit or set the number of rows & collums in a > worksheet ? No. All worksheets have 256 columns by 65536 rows. You can hide unused rows/columns. But why bother? Hi David, Put this in the ThisWorkbook code module. Adjust to suit the area. Private Sub Workbook_Open() Wo...

Data labels: need value AND % change
I'm working on a series of column charts that show annual data for # sold, $ volume, average price, median price, etc. I want it to show the 2002 and 2003 values for each of these but I ALSO want to be able to show the % change between the 2, so we can see trends. So far, I only see that you can label the data with the value, or the percentage. I haven't seen how you can show the values AND the % change. Any ideas? I'd really appreciate it! --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Create the desired label in a separate column (the 2003 price concatenated with t...

Allow Multiple Values check box not showing up
I am trying to create a Multivalued Lookup Field. I am using the Lookup Wizard, but when I get to the place where is should let me choose to store multiple values for the lookup that section does not come up. I went online and printed the instructions off the help page so I know I am doing it right. Help! IMO, multivalued and lookup fields are not a good idea. You didn't mention what version of Access you are using. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "mschurter" wrote: > I am trying to create a Multivalued Lookup Field. I am using the Lookup > ...

Can't insert column; keep receiving error message
I was updating a large spreadsheet and all of a sudden I was unable to insert columns. I kept getting an error message that said, "...unable to shift nonblank cells off worksheet." I tried everything from unhiding all columns and rows toreformatting all the comments to move and size with their relative cells. I also removed all the comments and I was still unable to insert a column. Does anyone have a solution Thank you >-----Original Message----- >I was updating a large spreadsheet and all of a sudden I was unable to insert columns. I kept getting an error message th...

Insert file name in Excel
I want to insert the file name into a cel of my Excel Worksheet. I need this for document management issues with Microsoft Business Soltutions Axapta. I work with Microsoft Office Excel 2003. =MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("[",CELL("filename",A1)) +1,FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))-FIND("[",CELL ("filename",A1))-1) HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I want to insert the file name into a cel of my Excel Worksheet. >I need this for document management issues with Microsoft Business >Soltutions ...

Jump to start of next row teaser
Hi, can anyone assist in telling me if there is either :- a) a shortcut key b) a macro c) none of the above but another solution to jumping to the beginning of a new row on pressing a key. For example, after completeing cell m10 can you press enter (or any other key) and the cursor will automatically go to cell a11, then after you get to m11 it jumps to a12 and so on? Just to make things a little trickier, I know you can do this using the protect worksheet etc function, but I also have the data filter running which doesn't work when the protect sheet function is on. If there is a macr...

Matching Columns in work sheets and copying both rows to new
I am trying to match up two different spread sheets based on one column but to copy both rows to a new sheet. eg. First sheet has the following headings: "Owner Group " "Owner CC " "Type " "Product Categorization Tier 2 " "Product Categorization Tier 3 " "Device Name " "Status " "Model Number " "Mfg. Name " "CI ID " "Old Asset ID " "Serial Number " "Region " "Country " "Site " "Building " "Floor " "...

Generate random value
Dear All, In order to get random code label i used RAND function, unfortunately i could not get the correct value. What value i want to get is all value greater than 100 and less than 1000 with no number duplicated consecutively for instance 110, 199,111, etc. Just number like 102, 121 or 123 etc. What appropriate RAND function i should applied? Highly appreciate for helping. regards \benny =RANDBETWEEN(100,1000) use the =RANDBETWEEN(100,1000) function. To do the rest perhaps filter by unique values and do a sort? But then it isn't really random if you want 900 consecutive number...

sum values from the same item in a single column?
Hi, I have a query to get a table like this: Item Num Values A 1 10 A 2 22 A 3 78 B 1 32 B 2 40 B 3 87 C 1 34 C 2 76 C 3 98 actually each "Item" has more than a thousand of "Num". how to sum all "Item" (A+B+C) at each "Num"? Like: Num Sum 1 76 2 138 3 263 Thanks! pemt pemt, Have a look at Crosstab queries under Help, that should give you what you...

Duplicate Row
i dont know how to make excel automatically highlight a duplicate row any tips on this? cos its very tedious to look for duplicates on th worksheet. :confused -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Katkat, take a look at this page from Chip Pearson's Website: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#HighlightingDuplicates. -- DDM "DDM's Microsoft Office Tips and Tricks" www.ddmcomputing.com "katkat >" <<katkat.15p2xe@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:katkat.15p2xe@excelforum-nospam.com... > i dont know how to make excel au...

unique values of a column
hi how can i get the unique values of a column in an array? thanks in advance I think Advanced Filter will do what you want, there is an excellent tutorial here from Debra Dalgleish http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html Regards <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:073d01c49649$6e4e49e0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > > hi > > how can i get the unique values of a column in an array? > thanks in advance > > Hi, Additionally check out Chip Pearson's website at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#ExtractingUnique >-----Orig...

Updating Values and X Axis Labels
Thanks for your help. This response by XP wasn't expected. When ever I update the chart value range and X axis labels the chart (line graph) doesn't update. I click and drag to update the Value and Categoty X axis labels. Do I have the axsis formated incorrectly? Under the format labels, Right now I have "base unit" checked. And the Max and Min dates are entered. In previous versions of excel I know you could just update the cell range and the chart would update. This should be so elementary. Thanks - Tom -- Sony Luvy If the min and max are not set to au...

How do I select multiple rows randomly in MS Excel?
How do I select multiple rows randomly in MS Excel? Hi Select your first row and then hold down the Ctrl key while selecting the others. HTH Michael "Varun" wrote: > How do I select multiple rows randomly in MS Excel? "Varun" <Varun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote > How do I select multiple rows randomly in MS Excel? Just another angle to the post's interp .. (with emphasis on "randomly") Here's an example set-up to play with .. Assume we have 6 rows of data below in Sheet1's A1:C6: Data1 Text1 Desc1 Data2 Text2 Desc2 Data3 Text...

Sumif function and negative value together
Hi, Is there a way to combine these two functions together? =SUMIF(AP:AP,B4,AS:AS) =IF(F3<0,J3*F3,J3) What I am trying to do is to pick up cost from a different table b using sumif function. But sometimes, there is a return - I want th sumif function to pick up cost and if it is a negative quantity, I wan it to reverse the sign. Thanks for your help. Regards, BG -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com =ABS(SUMIF(AP:AP,B4,AS:AS)) -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) &q...

How to insert 3 images into excel with aligning each positions?
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to insert 3 images into excel with aligning each positions? Please see following code for detailed description. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim myPic As Object Dim dblTop As Double Dim dblLeft As Double Dim dblHeight As Double Dim dblWidth As Double If Target.Address = "$A$1" Then On Error Resume Next Set myPic = ActiveSheet.Pictures(1) On Error GoTo 0 If Not myPic Is Nothing Then myPic.Delete If Range(&quo...

Delete all rows where column A is blank
I need to write a macro to delete all rows where column A is blank. Can anyone help me with this please? -- Thank you, Jodie Try some code like the following. Change the value "Sheet1" to the appropriate worksheet name. Sub AAA() Dim LastRow As Long Dim RowNdx As Long Dim WS As Worksheet Set WS = Worksheets("Sheet1") With WS LastRow = .UsedRange.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeLastCell) _ .EntireRow.Cells(1, "A") For RowNdx = LastRow To 1 Step -1 If .Cells(RowNdx, "A").Value = vb...

Having colour for different values
Hi All, Could someone please help me I have been searching the web for hours trying to solve this puzzle? My formular reads =IF(L19<=22%,"Green","Red") and all I get is the word i have also tried =IF(L20<=22%,N19,N20) and in N19 is a green Yes and in N20 is a red No. What I am looking for is a formular that if a value of less than 22% is entered then that value is red or if over then the value is green. I am at my wits end trying everything to try and solve this. :mad: -- Brento ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Brento'...

If to sum function.
I created a cell so that everytime I enter a text from some other cells, it will add 1 to the value of the cell, otherwise, it won't add anything. If I enter no text or a number in the other cells, this cell will display 0. The formulas for the cell is like this: =SUM(IF(ISTEXT(D13:S13),1,0)) After entering text to three other cells, this cell will display a value of 3. However, I want that valued to be 1 less than. I cannot do this. If I put minus 1 with an if statement, this cell will display a value of -1 when no text is entered in other cells. Any folks have any idea how ...

can TIME values be aggregated?
Hello, Can time values be aggregated? I'm putting together a summary report that will need to show the sum time that something happened. (Employee breaks, for instance.) If break times for 3 employees were "01:00:00", "00:15:00", and "00:12:30" in length, how do I aggregate them to get "01:27:30"? Simply treating them like char values so they can be parsed into integers and added and then divided by 60 doesn't seem like the best way. Thanks, Eric new DBA in '09 wrote: > Hello, > > Can time values be aggregated? ...

inserting jpeg photos
Can I insert a full file of jpeg photos (say about 50) without inserting them one at a time on each page. Kaye Payne http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00050.htm should help. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2010? http://www.echosvoice.com/2010.htm Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx "Kaye Payne" <kayepayne1@bigpond.com> wrote in message news:uykJn.26133$pv.4842@news-server.bigpond.net.au... > Can I insert a full file of jpeg photos (say ...

Return value based on certain criteria
Hi all, I have two separate worksheets within the same workbook The first worksheet (ConsultCall!) looks like this: ID# Percentage 1-1232 50% 2-345 61% 10-12 89% 15-98753 25% In another sheet (Calc!), I have a similar ID# column, but the ID #'s are not in the same order as the first worksheet and some ID #'s are in one that are not in the other column. Basically I want to be able to match on unique ID #'s and then return the corresponding percentage value in another column in the second worksheet for th...