sum total

Hello,
I have al total in column a ($3.95) and a total in column b 4,803. When I
try to divide it the total comes out as ($18,987.28) but it should be
($18,971.85).  What am I doing wrong.   Thank you for any help you can give
me.
--
thank you mac
0

See

    http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/pennyoff.html

My guess is that your "3.95" is actually more like 3.9532

In article <2909D013-4352-4235-A904-29D66826CCFA@microsoft.com>,
 mac <mac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I have al total in column a ($3.95) and a total in column b 4,803. When I
> try to divide it the total comes out as ($18,987.28) but it should be
> ($18,971.85).  What am I doing wrong.   Thank you for any help you can give
> me.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)

Credit & Debit totals
Hello all, I was using Money 2001. When I manually balanced to a bank statement, I was always given a running total of my credits & debits (which I found made it easier to see if I had made a typo.) This feature is not available (or hidden) in 2005 & may have changed before that. Can anyone tell me how do get these totals back? TIA. Disappeared in M04. Most users preferred it this way?!?!??? "KeliB" <KeliB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:432FBCBE-37A3-48CC-990E-5BD6EF5BBEFE@microsoft.com... > I was using Money 2001. When I manually balanc...

writing/initializing a custom control
I'm writing a custom control derived from CWnd - it's really just a rewrite of CListBox/CListCtrl that displays my own dataset on-the-fly but i'm getting totally confused as to how and when I should initialise it's various components. My own control class (CScrollCtrl) contains an instance of CHeaderCtrl and it's this that it causing the problems. I can create an instance of my class in dialog-based test app by placing the appropriate custom-control in the dialog editor and this works fine but if i try to create an instance on-the-fly by adding a new CScrollCtrl mem...

Sum Product Question #2
Can you use sumproduct when the numbers in a column are derived from a formula? In my formula all of the numbers in the M column are the results of formulas. My formula returns a value error. If instead of using the "M" column I used another column with just numbers (no formulas) it works. =SUMPRODUCT(--(C22:C5000=C11),--(I22:I5000=B12),--(M22:M5000)) Is there a way round this? Thanks The formula will work if the formulas really return numbers. But I bet (and it's a guess) that your formula returns text under some condition: =if(x99=0,"",A99/x99) (or something...

Sum in numbers for text values
Help! I have been asked by work to create a spreadsheet for tracking the number of companies we are speaking to. I need to calculate the total number of companies in a certain column but some companies are listed twice as we have different contacts in each company. Do I need to somehow convert the text in to a numerical value in order to total each column and how do I go about excluding duplicates? Thanks Andy -- asgh77 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ asgh77's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=36700 View ...

SELECT help with sum based on prior rows value
This is recording when a person gets on and off the bus. I am trying to sum the stops below such that the total miles is based on an accumulated average. So for the set below, myid of 676850 would be 12.5 - 10 miles alone before picking up 677395 plus 5 / 2 (because 677395 got on at odometer 10) until 676850 got off at odometer 15. Then 677395 has 7.5 miles. 5 with 676850 and 5 alone (676850 was dropped of at odometer 15). This is a simple scenario. Any number of people could get on and off the bus between the pick up and drop off of any one person. WITH tripstops(myid, ...

Bottom Right Toolbar Sum Box
The sum box in my bottom toolbar has vanished and i use it alot please help! I usually just drag across or down the columns or rows and it will add them for me without have to do a formular or anything. Right click on the botom of your Excel. You should see a list with Sum, Average, etc. Click on Sum and you should be good to go! "MARY" wrote: > The sum box in my bottom toolbar has vanished and i use it alot please help! > I usually just drag across or down the columns or rows and it will add them > for me without have to do a formular or anything. Is the Status b...

total to date
I prepare a monthly report of Firefighter's hours per day, fire calls per day, medical calls per day, etc. AT the end of each month, I total each indiviidual's numbers of hours worked, number of calls run, etc. How can I then calculate totals-to-date from January's worksheet into February's worksheet and so on throughout the year? unless I am missing somthing, should it not be just a case of in Febs sheet, having a formula like: =Sheet1!Cellref+Sheet2!Cellref, eg in the cell you want the running total in feb to be as A1 for example, input a formula like =Jan!A1(cell tha...

How can I display a cumulative total of hrs as hhh:mm
How can I display a cumulative total of hrs as hhh:mm, after addin cells derived from the following type of formula =TEXT(CONVERT(SUM(A1:A#),"mn","hr")/24,"h:mm") A1-A#= Occurance of a Task per day B1-B# = Time to perform task once C1-C# = Time to perform Task per day D1-D# = Time to perform Task per week E = segragates the types of tasks into categories. eg - manual automatic etc...(made of merged cells) F = Total time per day, per category (made of merged cells) G = Total Time Per Month Per Category (results in hh:mm or hhh:mm) at the bottom of each column th...

Report to show totals for each day of month
Greetings, I have an Excel spreadsheet that I use to capture: Column A) Day of the month (1-May, 2-May, etc.) Column B) How many clients were in residence on each day (Occupancy) Column C) Total Capacity (27) Column D) Shows a "1" if the Occupancy is 90% or more of the Total Capacity, else "0" The Totals row shows: Column B) The average Occupancy for the month Column D) Totals the times there is a "1" in Column D Is there a way for me to capture this data in a Report? I've got a query set up that uses these expressions: For AdmitDate: <=[Dat...

Maybe a running sum problem, maybe not...
Ok, here's the scenario: I'm trying to count calories consumed by an animal each day. I have a table FoodTypes with the following fields: FoodID (Autonumber) FoodName (Text) Calories (Number) I have a table "AnimalIDinfo". The only relevant field is AnimalID (Long Integer) I have a table "DietInfo" with the following fields. AnimalID FoodID AmountOffered (Number) DefaultDiet (yes/no) DietDate What I had envisioned was that a default diet would be entered at the beginning of the record keeping cycle and would be indicated by checking yes in the DefaultDiet fiel...

Grand total in report footer?
In doing a report, can you perform a grand subtotal of records by a category? For example if you have 50 records of people who served in the military and 1 field categorizes them by Soldier, Sailor, Marine or Airmen (But you do not want to sort by this field). Can a grand total be created in the report footer that shows me how many are in each category? -- Rose So you want to provide *another* summary of the data at the end of the report? Use a subreport in the Report Footer section. The subreport's Record Source will be a query that groups and counts as desired. It's all v...

Pivot Table
I have data for individuals for each week. I want to hide all rows that have 0.00 for their weekly total: Employee Project Month Hours 100201 10501 2/1/2003 42.0 3/1/2003 0.0 4/1/2003 50.0 100263 10501 2/1/2003 42.0 3/1/2003 10.0 4/1/2003 50.0 Is their a way to filter the table so that the results look like: Employee Project Month Hours 100201 10501 2/1/2003 42.0 4/1/2003 50.0 100263 10501 2/1/2003 42.0 ...

Total Size of All Mailboxes of Exhange 2003 Standard
Dear All, How can I find the total size of all mailboxes in Exchange 2k3 ? I can only find individual's size in System Manager. Thank you. Regards, Horace 19 Jan 04 Bring up Exchange System Manager, and drill down to the Mailboxes object under your mailbox store. Make sure Mailboxes is highlighted, and then right-click it - you'll see the Export List task. This will give you a text file that you can then paste into Excel, etc. Note that the total mailbox sizes doesn't equal the size of the overall database, since single instance storage comes into play. -- Neil Hobson Ex...

Adding Row an keepin correct SUM
This a reverse of my previous question. I have the following; =1-SUM(F5:F7) 10.00% 9.75% 0.50% If I delete the row with 10% and later wish to add a row after the formula, the formula does not recognize the new row. Is there a way to do this? On Mon, 25 Oct 2010 at 12:09:33, Gianni <gianni@gianni.com> wrote in microsoft.public.excel : >This a reverse of my previous question. > >I have the following; > >=1-SUM(F5:F7) >10.00% >9.75% >0.50% > >If I delete the row with 10% and later >wish to add a row after the formula, >the formula does not recognize...

Can "Totals" be displayed in Advance Find results?
This seems like a question that would've been asked many times before, but I can't find any reference to is here. Can total search results be displayed in the search results pane? The only reference to a solution for this is by a company in Romania called Creative Software Solution. They have a screen grab at http://www.creativesolutions.ro/img/Customizations-GridCount.jpg. Anyone know how I can make the customization myself? Thanks! Andy. Dear Andy, There are few options. 1. Writing Reports and show total 2. Add Total as custom value and use javascript to add that va...

summing text boxes but do't include disabled ones??
Hi again, I have a command button (cmdsubtotal) which adds 8 text boxes. I got the following code from a post a few weeks ago and it works perfectly - thank you! Private Sub cmdsubtotal_Click() Dim MyTotal As Double MyTotal = 0 If IsNumeric(Trim(Me.txtprice1.Value)) Then MyTotal = MyTotal + Trim(Me.txtprice1.Value) End If If IsNumeric(Trim(Me.txtprice2.Value)) Then MyTotal = MyTotal + Trim(Me.txtprice2.Value) End If If IsNumeric(Trim(Me.txtprice3.Value)) Then MyTotal = MyTotal + Trim(Me.txtprice3.Value) End If If IsNumeric(Trim(Me.txtprice4.Value)) Then MyTotal...

Sum Total Estimate Revenue based on Status
Hi, I am in CRM 3.0 and trying to build a report of opportunity that is attached to the account. Since this report is group by account, at the end of the report, I want to show that for opportunity with status lost how much is the total lost, total win and total open based on estimated/actual value. How can i add the condition to sum the total based on status? Thx, Carrie Not sure I've got this exactly right but would one option be to: 1.Create new new Advanced Find view (All opportunities) & Save it as named view 2. From opportunities area select this new opportunity view ...

conditional running sum
Is it possible to have a conditional running sum in access. I have found for Excel but no details for access 2007. I would like to have in a report or query that will have a weekly grouping. I have a query that has calculations in it and that will be by source. I have the following sample fields: Date Adbn% 01/01/09 (Mon) 5% 01/02/09 (Tues) 6% 01/03/09 (Wed) 9% 01/04/09 (Thurs) 6% 01/05/09 (Fri) 8% I need it to end up with the following: Date Abdn% 01/01/09 5% 01/02/09 5.5% Avg of Mon&Tues 01/03/09 6.6% Avg Mon...

Grand Substraction instead of Grand Total in pivot table
Hello, I created a pivot table in Excel with Visual Report 2007. I'm using an Outline Code with 2 leaves : Receipts and Expenses. The pivot table created automatically a Grand Total so that $1000 Receipts and $800 Expenses => Grand Total = $1800. My accountant says $200. Generally, it's possible to create calculated fields in the Excel pivot tables. But in the pivot table created by the Visual Reprot, all the Calculated Field options are greyed out. Why ? Thanks for any help I don't know what visual report is, but suspect that it would be more a question for them not Excel a...

the sum of cells with letters in them
Hi, I am making a list for my dvd's with excel and the way that i did thi is that I used a column for each letter, column a for movies startin with a...etc. and what I want to know is the formula that adds up th tolal number of cells to get a total of how many dvd's I have pe letter. As well as if I had more to add the total each tim automatically. The problem is that when you use the sum formula it always trying to find a number in each cell to add up and if I writ letters that form a word...the formula does not see numbers so th total is always 0. Can someone help me? Etienn --...

Summing a range within a range
I need the formula that will sum a range within a range. Example: the primary range consists of the following numbers: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 and I need to know how many numbers are >3 and <8. First I need to know the sum ot the qualifying numbers; second I need to know how many items there are. Stumped and exhausted...anyone's help will be greatly appreciated! -- Need to Know Try these... For the SUM: =SUMIF(A1:A10,">3")-SUMIF(A1:A10,">=8") For the COUNT: =COUNTIF(A1:A10,">3")-COUNTIF(A1:A10,">=8") -- ...

Conditional text field Total
Hi, In the detail section of a report I have a text box that based on a condition, it will be either a 0 or a 1. I want to total the control at the end of the report. I did this in another report a couple of years ago but it is not working now. In the previous report, the ControlSource of the total is = [TextBoxNameFromDetailSection] and it sums correctly. What am I doing wrong?? Thanks. Leah -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/201001/1 Thanks but I see what was missing - "running sum over ...

Can I total only numbers with a specific font color?
I have a column of numbers with different color fonts. Is there a way to create a formula to total only those numbers with a specific font color? For example, only the cells whose font has been formatted red? See http://cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm In article <F08AEC7F-9FCD-422A-BBD2-A6608C653209@microsoft.com>, BLillie11 <BLillie11@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a column of numbers with different color fonts. Is there a way to > create a formula to total only those numbers with a specific font color? For > example, only the cells whose font has ...

Totaling YTM on a group of loans
Is there a formula that will accurately total the YTM of a group of loans? Something like this should get you started: http://www.tvmcalcs.com/calculators/apps/excel_bond_yields Here's a video: http://www.mysmp.com/video/bonds/how-get-yield-maturity-ytm-excel.html -- Ryan--- If this information was helpful, please indicate this by clicking ''Yes''. "kirkland020208" wrote: > Is there a formula that will accurately total the YTM of a group of loans? ...

Setting up a League Ladder with names, hours totals etc
Hello everyone, I need to create a "League Ladder" which will calculate how many hours a volunteer has worked at a particular venue, but will also summarise how many people and/or hours from various clubs and the club regions have been contributed. The column titles will include:- Date (dd/mm/yyyy format) Region (Southern, Western, Eastern, Northen, Rural, Schools) Club Surname Given Names Status (Adult, Child) Time Start Time End Total Time and assorted other fields for additional data I need to create a League Ladder that will look something like this:- Region Club Surn...