Sum on top of stacked columns #2

Is it possible in some way to add the sum of series on top of each
column in a stacked column diagram?

I am often using this feature in ThinkCell for my powerpoint slides.
However, need to insert a stacked column graph from Excel 2007 into
Word 2007. Currently, I've been using a text box with a reference.
However, the reference in a text box is static, which makes it a
source for error when inserting or deleting rows in Excel.
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hello Drews.

You can add a new series with the total sum and then:

Change the chart type to line ONLY for this series.
Format the series without lines or markers.
Use the series values to rotulate the series.
In the series properties select 'second axis'.
Set the appropriate scale for the second axis.
Hide the second axis.

Regards, César.

"Drews" wrote:

> Is it possible in some way to add the sum of series on top of each
> column in a stacked column diagram?
>
> I am often using this feature in ThinkCell for my powerpoint slides.
> However, need to insert a stacked column graph from Excel 2007 into
> Word 2007. Currently, I've been using a text box with a reference.
> However, the reference in a text box is static, which makes it a
> source for error when inserting or deleting rows in Excel.

0
Csar (3)

Sum of minutes and seconds times price?
Just wondering if you can help as I am having a little trouble with my formula. I am trying to sum a phone call of 7 minutes and 44 seconds time by 35 pence. Cell B21 I have 00:05:41 hh:mm:ss Cell B22 I have 00:02:03 hh:mm:ss Cell B23 I have 00:07:44 formula is =3DSUM(B21:B22) hh:mm:ss Cell B24 I have =A30.35 (35 pence in currency format) Cell B25 I have =A30.00 formula is =3DSUM(B23*B24) Does anyone know what I am doing wrong on the last bit? I believe it should return answer of =A32.71. Is it a problem with the formula or the format of the cell? I always stumble trying to calculate time b...

Listboxes are Starting at the Bottom Instead of at the Top!
Good Day, I have a question as to why all of my listboxes, when clicked, display the first blank data (after the last alphabetical text), requiring a user to scroll up instead of scroll down. How can the listbox always start with top ("A") record. The listbox is getting its values from a source column containing data that is pasted into the column with code (different filtering macros create different lists in this column). Thank you, Eric You can "re-create" your lists using an array formula, like =INDEX(A:A,SMALL(ROW($2:$1000),ROW(2:2))) and don't forget to ...

outlook won't close #2
The knowledge center refers to this problem as OL98: Outlook Continues To Run After You Quit Outlook View products that this article applies to. This article was previously published under Q263530. When I close the program, it keeps running. The article says that Microsoft has a fix, but the fix isn't listed or shown as downloadable. It does say I can pay 35 dollars for the fix though! Does anyone have this fix or know where I can get it? If you apply http://download.microsoft.com/download/outlook98/Update/98/WIN98/EN-US/o98Attch.exe, then you would be above the version num...

subdividing a column
I am trying to develop a spreadsheet that I can list 2 columns of information under each month column...Is this possible in Excel? No, but you can have the "Month" over two columns. conniemae wrote: > I am trying to develop a spreadsheet that I can list 2 columns of information > under each month column...Is this possible in Excel? hi you might consider merging the column header cells to make 1 cell over 2 columns. regards FSt1 "conniemae" wrote: > I am trying to develop a spreadsheet that I can list 2 columns of information > unde...

Adding Sub Columns
Lets say I have 2 very wide columns (paper width), and 10 rows of data. Starting in row 11, I would like to have 4 columns under each of the above 2. Is there any way to do this? I realize I could merge the first 10, but I'm actually working with a lot more than 10 rows of data, so that would be a rather cumbersome approach. Thx Dave Hi! >Starting in row 11, I would like to have 4 columns under each of the above >2. Is there any way to do this? The only way would be to merge the cells in the rows above as you have noted. Merging cells is not something you should do ...

RMS and PC Charge #2
Just got PC Charge setup on the register here today. We are using RMS as our POS. Is there a setup between the two or does RMS automatically know to look for PC Charge. The PC Charge people told me to call my RMS dealer. Yeah, wish I had one of those. Any help would be appreciated. C Sharks fear you, Could you send your email address + your question to Michelle Goodman and ask her to forward it to me? Thanks, Kevin Pham -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Sharks Fear Me" <SharksFearMe@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

MS Point of Sale 2.0
For opening and closing amounts, we keep a set amount of cash in the drawer. During business, cash and checks are accepted. At the end of day, we are doing a "drop" of the amount of cash AND checks added together (since POS does not have a position to do "check drop". We still balance overall but the z report indicates the overage/shortage of the check amount in the close section. Is this the correct way to close? Should there be position to enter the amount of checks that we are dropping? If we leave the amount of checks in the closing amounts window, will POS ...

Unable to Sum cells in Excel
Hello, I am having issues trying to use the SUM function to autosum a couple of cells that have If functions within them. I am trying to do the following: In Q12 I am trying to get the Sum of N12, O12 and P12. I have only tried =SUM(N12:P12) as the function formatting the cell as text, general, numeric etc but the total always ends up being 0.00, I never get an addition of the values in the other cells. Each of the N, O and P cells has the following function within it, =IF(F12="","",IF(F12>=90%,"5",IF(F12>=85%,"4",IF (F12>=78%,"...

Scatter Chart Question #2
Hi Folks: I've made a scatter chart that looks the way I need it to. When I "hover" the mouse over the data points, I get the point values as I expect in the yellow box. My question: Instead of the data point values, is it possible to get a picture in the pop-up ?? Many thanks Steve You don't have a lot of control over the content of these chart tips, beside turning them on and off. If you want to customize the labels, you can download the Chart Hover Label add-in from Tushar Mehta's web site (http://tushar-mehta.com). To show a picture you will have to r...

Saved Queries #2
We are using Exchange Server 2003 and Windows Server 2003. On our DC, I created a number of Saved Queries that provide a list of members for our mail-enabled distribution lists. Right now the only fileds that appear in the result is the Name and Type (contact, user). In order to get the Display name and Email addresses to appear, I have to go to View --> Add/Remove Columns and add them that way. Is there a way to use the AND operator when setting up the queries? Also, I found out that you can export the query definition and then import it but you can't export the saved querie...

The page cannot be found #2
Exchange 2003, OWA 2003 &Outlook 2003. Outside company premise, when using OWA to read mails, some mails cannot be displayed. It shows "The page cannot be found". When read mails in company premise (LAN connectivity) using either OWA or Outlook, it has no problem. What goes wrong???? We have a customer with the exact same problem. Certain messages can not be displayed in OWA from outside, while those same messages can be read from inside using Outlook or OWA. Dean "Emyeu" wrote: > Exchange 2003, OWA 2003 &Outlook 2003. > Outside company premise, when...

Refresh problem for the size grip with Windows XP style #2
Hi, I have a dialog application with a scrollbar size grip. On Windows XP with the visual style, there is a refresh problem for the size grip region when I move the application out of the screen; only if I go to the bottom of the screen. It's OK if I go out by the right side. Without the XP style, everything is OK. I have noticed the same behavior with Notepad. Do you know how could I solve this problem? Any ideas will be appreciated, Thanks It's a known problem in XP (non-client area is erased incorrectly between scrollbars). Will it ever get fixed? I would not bet on it. &qu...

Column Headers/Footers
What's the VB code for fixing columns on the display, where they ar always shown no no matter where you scroll to -- k48 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- k483's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1079 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26475 ActiveWindow.FreezePanes = True **** Hope it helps! **** ~Dreamboat Excel VBA Certification Coming Soon! www.VBAExpress.com/training/ ******************************** "k483" <k483.1dcuja@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote...

Excel Combo Box #2
I have created an Excel Combo Box that include ten different selections. The combo box is linked to a cell. I want the selection in the combo box displayed in the linked cell. What I get know is the line number. How do I correct this? Instead of using the combo on the forms toolbar, try using the combo on the control toolbar (View/Toolbars/Control Toolbox) and then set the look up range and linked cell from the combo's properties. HTH Paul >-----Original Message----- >I have created an Excel Combo Box that include ten >different selections. The combo box is linked ...

dropdown menu #2
I have a list of over a thousand names in a dropdown menu. I would like to start typing a name in the cell (in the dropdown menu) and have excel automatically recognize the name and go to that name in the dropdown menu before I even finish typing the full name. How do I do this? thanks. Use a combobox, it works that way. -- HTH Bob Phillips ""PA via OfficeKB.com"" <forum@OfficeKB.com> wrote in message news:50EBF401BCE61@OfficeKB.com... > I have a list of over a thousand names in a dropdown menu. I would like to > start typing a name in the cell (in the dr...

Data Validation
What I am trying to achieve is a drop down list that would look something like this: D1a - suipplies F1g - cell phones C2a - travel E4b - computers and so on and so forth. I can do that. What I would like to happen though is in the same cell that the drop down box is in (a29) I would like to select one of those options and only have D1a, or F1f, ect show up in the cell. The words are just references to my budget, and I don't nned them after I selected the right one. Is this possible? I am somewhat new to excel and have never went into the visual basic editor and I don't have...

Text to Column Function Rejects Zeros
Hello, As part of a project, I was conducting a survey (administered online) using Snap survey software. Snap automatically sends results into an Excel file, which is great. However, several of the questions allowed participants to select more than one item ("Check the top 3 things..." etc.). These responses were coded in Excel into a 10101 format, where 1=checked and 0=not checked, all in one cell. Since 0 represents a response, I selected the cell formatting of these columns as Custom (Format->Cell->Number tab->Custom), so any 0s before the first 1 would not drop o...

COleDateTime::GetCurrentTime() problem #2
Hello, I have ported a VS.NET 2003/MFC7 application to VS 2005/MFC8 and encountered a problem with COleDateTime::GetCurrentTime() which worked fine with MFC7. Sometimes I get an invalid COleDateTime object from GetCurrentTime() (m_status equals COleDateTime::invalid). I tracked the problem down to AtlConvertSystemTimeToVariantTime() which is called during conversion from SYSTEMTIME to double time representation. AtlConvertSystemTimeToVariantTime() calls SystemTimeToVariantTime() to convert from SYSTEMTIME to double. VariantTimeToSystemTime is used then to convert the result back to SY...

Unable to relay #2
I added a new domain to the recipient policy and everything works fine if I send mail to it from the server itself but when I try to sent from an external e-mail address it comes back with the "unable to relay for newdomain.com" message. Why would that be? The server is running Exchange 2000 with all the latest sp's and updates. The mailbox that I'm sending to lives on another server running Exchange 2003 (+latest updates) that's in the same routing group. Port 25 on the 2K3 system is not open to the outside world so all mail for mailboxes living on the 2K and ...

Switching Profiles #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C42602.CE48E3D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have outlook 2002. I created 2 profiles, one for personal and one for = work. I have not been able to figure out how I can switch from one to = the other without closing outlook and going back in a gain. I have read = the posts in this newsgroup, but I do not see it. If it is here, can = some please direct? Thank You! Deb ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C42602.CE48E3D0 Content-Type: text/html; charset=&q...

Macro Help #2
Hi All In a workbook I have a worksheet 1 that looks something like this A B C Code Name Position 1 Smith MD 2 Jones Sales 3 Brown R & D 4 Bloggs Driver etc etc etc Worksheet 2 is an individual form as below that where I type in the code, the rest is automatically populated with name and position. There are more details underneath but the heading of the form is automatically filled! A B C D Code ...

template buddy #2
:( but it's too complicated and time-consuming that way!!! i already mad the templates to show what my problem is!!! *cries -- medicenpringle ----------------------------------------------------------------------- medicenpringles's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1645 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27832 Hi o.k. then maybe someone else will help you Most people just don't open files from unknown sources. Sorry -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "medicenpringles" <medicenpringles...

Before You Buy Accounting Software for Your Small Business #2
Buying the right Accounting Software for your business is very important. Because you will be using your Accounting Software frequently, it's urgent to ensure that you pick the right software for your business and your needs. Accounting software can be a great tool for your small business, allowing you to keep track of all your financial data, and easily produce reports for effective planning. Here are some things you should think about, before buying your Accounting Software: http://smallbusiness-accounting-software.blogspot.com ...

Is it possible to have 2 different character sets in subject line
Hi, I'm using outlook. Is it possible to have 2 different character sets in the subject line of an email. The following subject line with encoded words in UTF8 and ISO-1022-JP is corrupted when open in Outlook. =?UTF-8?Q?Out of Office =E7=A7=81=E3=81=AF?==?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCNkMkLC?= The first part, which is in UTF-8, contains some Japanese characters that are corrupted in display while the second part (Japanese characters) displays correctly. In my situation, I need to be able to handle exactly 2 different character sets in the subject line. Does any one know what's the correct wa...

row numbers in column
How do I automatically insert row numbers in a column? one way: A1: =ROW() Copy down as far as necessary. In article <C8FFB331-7BC3-4F0E-870A-7D1C2119C462@microsoft.com>, ceegar <ceegar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I automatically insert row numbers in a column? ...