pagination changes.
0
seeyou (2)
10/2/2003 5:13:09 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

ID Cards
We need to be able to print multiple id cards on one page that are business card size. The template is the same, i know i can use mail merge to pull in each of their names and titles, however, a picture has to be added as well. I can't figure out if I can do that. Please advise. What version Publisher? What program are you using as a data source? If you are using 2003 or 2007 you can setup your page as a catalog merge. One down and one across if you use a business card template. Add the pictures to your data. In the data field type the picture name plus the format (.jpg for exa...

when I triied to send a web page to one note it say it is disable.
I get a message to talk to my adminisator but this is a stand alone with windows 7 jtgibson16 wrote: > I get a message to talk to my adminisator but this is a stand alone > with windows 7 Do you have a 64-it version of Win7? Rainald I also have this problem on a 64 bit version of win 7. Do not have the problem on another computer with 32-bit win 7 "Rainald Taesler" wrote: > jtgibson16 wrote: > > I get a message to talk to my adminisator but this is a stand alone > > with windows 7 > > Do you have a 64-it version of Win7? &...

navigation bar on SSL page missing
I have a pretty basic site setup and recently added a page for customers to submit credit cards online through a secure page. I wanted a top level navigation bar to appear on all pages so I included it in the header of each page. The header contains a banner (company logo) and the navigation bar. Links are Home, Feedback, Gift Cards. The remaining navigation (navigation view) of the site falls under Home. The links go down about 2 more levels. Everything works great except when I goto the gift cards page the aforementioned top level navigation bar is missing. All users see is th...

Way to make a semi-permanent page break?
I want to create a page beak that will keep the heading formatting from bleeding over onto the previous page, as well as keep that heading and the following text on the next page. I know to do Ctrl+E, as well as create a break, and then select new page, but what always happens is that if I select text immediately above the page break, and delete it, the page break is removed. What can I do to create a (semi) permanent page break? Format the heading (style) so that it has the Keep with next attribute set in its Paragraph Formatting. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the new...

Pivot Table Page Field value from cell in another worksheet
I have looked through the other posts on the subject and the combination of my low skills in VB and the other solutions not exactly covering my situation means I still need to ask for help. Scenario: Worksheet a = "Scorecard" FieldName = "CustomerNumber" Worksheet b = "Products Resume" PivotTable = "PivotTable2" PivotTable Page Field = "Account Number" When CustomerNumber value on worksheet "Scorecard" is changed I need the Pivot Table Page field "Account Number" to use this value to filter the pivot t...

"Form" repeats on every page
Hi, With Excel 2000, are there options to put some kind of "Form" into the cells (like a form you would have on paper) and have that page repeated automatically, once you move the cursor to the next page? Thaks for any pointer, Jochen -- Jochen Daum - Cabletalk Group Ltd. PHP DB Edit Toolkit -- PHP scripts for building database editing interfaces. http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpdbedittk/ Yes, I've seen many people use Excel to enter a question and then use cell borders to make an "underline" where a user would type a response, or, when the worksheet was print...

Save as Web Page with grid lines
I have just upgraded from Excel 97 to Excel 2003. Using Excel 97, when I saved a sheet in htm format, the htm file had grid lines. However, when I use Excel 2003 and "Save as Web Page, there are no grid lines in the htm file. How can I save with the grid lines? ...

Master Page #2
I would like to know how the Master Page is supposed to work. I changed the design from a template calendar and applied the master page to all 12 months. Nothing changed. I had changed the 'fill', line coloring, placement of month, etc. I have tried it several times with several different templates. Is that not what Master Page is supposed to do? Thanks for any help. You can have any number of different Master pages within a document. This article will help you understand how master pages work. About using master pages http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HP010036031033.a...

Page Break Preview Mode
I have set up some templates in the Pagebreak Preview Mode. How can i get rid of the "Page 1" script that appears in the middile of my worksheet when i'm in this view. Thanks for your help:D :confused: ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Does it go away if you click View ... Normal ? GB "fdifolco" <fdifolco.vepvz@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:fdifolco.vepvz@excelforum-nospam.com... > I have set up some t...

Variable data on a fixed page background
I have got a mailer which I have produced and used in the past. The outside sheet (a Word doc) has got graphics and text, leaving a space on the sheet for the receiver's address. I have an application that produces an RTF file of the addresses, each separated by page breaks. In the past, if I had 1000 addresses in the RTF file, I would print 1000 copies of the fixed background, then format the RTF using margin settings to position the address lines properly, then run the already-printed sheets through the printer again to get the addresses printed. The print shop charges me f...

Interactive Excel Web Page save updated data
I have created an interactive excel spreadsheet and saved and published as an html file. I am able to export the entire page to a new spreadsheet in excel Here is the problem. I am trying to have data entered at work saved so I can simply import the updated data to my spreadsheet at home. The data entered in the web page is not saved and needs to be exported when it is entered. Is there anyway to have the updated html file saved as new data is entered? Thanks ...

different templates for each page
is there a way to make a publication that has different templates for different pages? Open two instances of Publisher, in the first instance open your template (are you meaning a pre-designed publication?). Do your edits, copy and paste to the second instance of Publisher. Back to the first, close and don't save, new, open the second template, do your edits, copy and paste to the other publication's page two and so on... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "james jones" <james jones@discussions...

Report writer application page features are too small
I find that when building a report in report writer all features are too small to navigate. Is there a way to enlarge the page? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx...

Using Page.RegisterClientsideScript with arguments
I need to use a javascript and set a couple arguments in it from the vb.net code behind. I can get this working (sb is a stringbuilder) Page.RegisterClientsideScript("testscript()", sb.ToString()); but what I need is... Page.RegisterClientsideScript("testscript", sb.ToString("string1", "string2")); Thanks! On Sat, 09 Oct 2010 05:01:49 -0500, Dave wrote: >I need to use a javascript and set a couple arguments in it from the >vb.net code behind. I can get this working > >(sb is a stringbuilder) > >Page.Register...

Margin guides after insert page Publisher 2003
I have a 122 page booklet that I am editing with a mirrrored master page having different inside and outside margins. When I delete a page the text boxes don't show up properly any more since what used to be a left page is now a right page and a right page is now a left page. Is there a simple way around this or am I stuck with "This Page Intentionally Left Blank" or moving all the objects left or right on the succeeding pages? -- Computing should be about insight, not numbers nor flash. Publisher works in groups of four when creating a booklet. You could convert a co...

Has anyone done this? (Object declaration in an ASP.Net page)
I've taken a bare webforms page and added that code from the customization guide, just after the <HTML> tag in the html editor. <SCRIPT language="vbscript"> <OBJECT classid="clsid:44C4C3AC-D0F1-11D2-919D-006008C88FC3" height=0 id=qsBridge style="LEFT: 0px; TOP: 0px" width=0> <PARAM NAME="_ExtentX" VALUE="26"> <PARAM NAME="_ExtentY" VALUE="26"> </OBJECT> </SCRIPT> I've also set the page attribute 'aspcompat=true' I then call the page from a cu...

Blank pages in reports
When we create a report in Visual Studio, it looks exactly as intended. However, when we upload this report to CRM, something gets tweaked and blank pages appear. So something is getting rendered incorrectly in CRM. Does anyone know why this is happening and how to correct the problem? Thanks, -Rick M. Verify the width of your pages, you may need to shrink them down a little less than what the ruler shows you. You may also want to consider setting the left and right margins to .2 or .5 rather than 1 inch; I would do this if you have not because its the fastest test. It can be a pain ge...

Multiple page sizes #2
Hi all, I was wondering whether it was possible to have multiple page sizes within one publisher document? In other words, my first page needs to be smaller than my next two pages, then the fourth page needs to be bigger again. Any help you guys could provide would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance, Nick Sorry, that's not an option. -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 "Nick" <Nick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:84C13BFD-7C8D-463E-876E-7E6B260A960A@microsoft.com... >...

Subtotals by Year?
Hi - here's the scenario: Column A is a person's name. Column B is a date, e.g., 4/1/1979. Column C is an amount of money. I'd like to subtotal this spreadsheet by date - but not by individual day, rather by year - i.e. I would like one subtotal for 1979, another for 1980, etc. Is this achievable? Thanks very much. try =sumproduct((a2:a22="joe")*(year(b2:b22)=1979)*c2:c22) -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Guest3731" <notconfusedaboutthattoday@gmail.com> wrote in message news:4f97de2b-fde7-4548-98bc-a17...

Money Plus investing home page
I was using Money 2004 before, and trying the Money Plus trial. In Money Plus, if I click on the investing link in the toolbar, it takes me to a page which appears to be the msn money web page, but it also has my accounts listed there. I am not using the live id for the file. Is my portfolio data uploaded to msn money to display this page? Or am I just being paranoid, and it's rendered locally ? Also there is a lot of internet activity when I open Money Plus. That seems different than 2004. Thanks Su. In microsoft.public.money, Su Bapat wrote: >I was using Money 2004 before, a...

Printing a diary with the date instead of page number. #2
I'm trying to print something like a diary in such a way that when I open it like a book, it shows the same date on both the left- and the right side page. On each page I want an empty table (the same one on each page). Now, I want to print this automatically. So on the first sheet side B shows January 1, on the second sheet side A shows January 1 and side B shows January 2, on the third sheet side A shows January 2 and side B shows January 3 etc. etc. untill December 31 What's the best way to do this using Excel or Word? I'm not quite en expert so please keep it simple ;o) Thank&...

Change default page order when printing booklet
Hi, When you print a booklet, Publisher puts automatically pages in the appropriate order (ex: for a 8 pages booklet, the order is (8, 1), (2, 7), (6, 3), (4, 5), and each couple of pages are on a same sheet). But we want to create the same booklet in PDF format, so we need a sequential order : (1), (2, 3), (4, 5), (6, 7), (8), just like what's show by Publisher when in edition mode. We create PDF by printing on a PDF virtual printer (pdf995). But we can't tell Publisher to output in our needed order. Do you have any idea ? Thanks in advance. -- Zixiong WANG z.wang@sysium.com ...

How to use menu in property page??
Hi, I am a beganer of programming. Now I am using eMbedded Visual C++3.0 to write a program on my PDA. I want to use menu in my dialog box. I think I had successfully added the menu, however, when I move my cursor to the menu and click it, the menu has no any response. Since I use property pages, I think this problem may be caused by property page. How can I fix the problem? Can you kindly explain in detail Thank you very much for your help ...

Adding buttons to a property page
I have a property sheet class with 6 property pages loaded into it. I want buttons on the property sheet but it does not have a dialog associated with it? How do I do this? Hi, Here's some info which should help:- HOWTO: How to Add Buttons to a Modeless CPropertySheet http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;140586 HOWTO: How to Hide the Apply Button in CPropertySheet http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;141039 HOWTO: How to Change Default Button on CPropertySheet http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;140587 Andy Mortimer [MS] Ple...

A tough one? Two page template with separate headers and rolling.
Hi, I've tried to find out all day if this can be accomplished: I am in the audio/visual industry and am trying a new script/outline format for video and audio production. I'd like to carry around a letter sized binder. When I open the binder I will have two letter-sized pages staring back up at me, each with bordered tables containing columns and rows. The table on the first page (on the left) will have headers that designate items 1-5. The table on the second page (on the right) will have headers that designate items 6-10. When I look at the two facing pages ...