Subtotal Line functions

I have used the TOOLS --> SUBTOTALS feature to display a TOTALS subtotal
line in sales data (total qty, extended cost, extended sale price, etc).
However, I wish to display a function which is a combination of the other
totals on the same line.
    TOTAL_MARGIN = (SELL - COST) / SELL * 100

I don't want this TOTAL_MARGIN to be displayed on each line-item - only on
the TOTALS line.

I would like to create a template, to automate the process of creating thie
TOTALS line with the TOTAL_MARGIN value for non-technical users.

thank you,
John

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

MS Access and using the Average function in a report
Help pleaes. i am trying to do a project where i need to make a report which is sweet but where i am struggling is where they also want to find out an average on the amount of days someone has stayed but only being new to the calculations using MS Access i have no idea how they work in there only in Excel please help me if you can -- Life is but a Dream... Reality is the Real Nightmare In any report or group (not page) header or footer, you can use a text box with a control source like: =Avg(DateDiff("d",[StartDate], [EndDate]) If you can't figure this out, then come b...

->[O2007] Parsing each line of a MailItem HTMLBody?
Is there a way to get each line of a HTMLBody from a MailItem? I have to get each HTML source line and check them against some references to alter them. I'd like to be able to do loop into something like: get line replace(line, search, replace) next line etc... Any way to do this? Thanks for any light! :-) Sincerely, Steve JORDI (Remove the K_I_L_LSPAM from my email address) ------------------------------------------------ 1197 Prangins Email: stevejordiK_I_L_LSPAM@hotmail.com Switzerland WWW: www.sjordi.com ----------------------------------------...

Problem with the e-mail generated by "Collect data by using e-mail messages" functionality Access 2007 and Oulook 2007
Good day dear members of the microsoft.public.access newsgroup. I'm using the new Acess 2007 "Collect data by using e-mail messages" functionality but it seems the generated e-mail by Outlook 2007 does not support the html list of fields feature. Instead all the options of my lists are displayed at e-mail bottom. Please is there any solution to this problem ? Many thanks. Octavio ...

Functions from a Data Source
I store Function in a table such as: =HYPERLINK("www.google.com","Google") But when I connect to the data source and display it - it actually displays: "=HYPERLINK("www.google.com","Google")" Instead, I want it to actually be the Excel function and only the work "Google" would show up as a hyperlink. Joe, Try this: In the cell that you want the hyperlink (C4). Select C4. Select "Insert". Select "Hyperlink". In the box Text to display:Google In the Address: www.google.com hth :-) "Joe H" wrote: &...

Worksheet functions
I have workbook named News.xls with 3 sheets namely Pricelist, Muster and Bill for the month of January, 2005. Muster contains presenty of each client, marked P for present & A for Absent A.....B.....C.....D..... Days Sun Mon Tue Wed Date 1 2 3 4 1 John P A A P 2 Lucy A P P A 3 Pricelist contains prices for news papers (amount in Indian Rupees) A.....B.....C.....D.......E.........F.......G.......H... Days Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Times 5 4 4 4 ...

Stacked Bar with a Line
I know that I have done this before, but I cannot remember how....I have five series of data that I have stacked as a stacked bar chart and I want the total to be shown as a line on the top of the bars how do I do this. For example: House A B C Cats: 1 2 0 Dogs: 2 3 1 Birds 1 4 2 Total 4 9 3 Cats, Dogs and Birds values are stacked, and I need a line at the top for "Total" animals. Laura - Chart all four series as stacked columns (columns are vertical, bars horizontal, as far as Microsoft is concerned), then right click the Total bar, which towers above th...

Lookup function for two variables and return another cell?
Hi! I am looking for some help. Seems pretty simple but I can't seem to figure it out. I know I'll need a lookup function and an "AND" function of some sort... Take a look and let me know what you think. row/column A B C D 1 New SSN 1st signed Blue 2 2 New SSN Calc - not signed Green 1 3 Previous SSN 1st signed Red 3 So I need help finding the combination of "New ...

Outlook 2003 is not finding recent messages using the find function
One of our client have problems when searching for a message in his inbox. Recent received mails are not found. Only mails who are already a few hours in his inbox are found . The cashing is enabled. On the exchange server the full text indexing is disabled. His inbox contains +/- 20.000 mails In news:OOGMGUZAGHA.3352@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl, Paul <pcauwe@hotmail.com> typed: > One of our client have problems when searching for a message in his > inbox. Recent received mails are not found. Only mails who are > already a few hours in his inbox are found . The cashing is enabled....

This Message has Extra Line breaks...
I sometimes get an email in Outlook 2003, with "This Message has Extra Line breaks" at the top. If I click on this to restore the line breaks, the formatting is generally much better. It appears that Outlook 2003 is trying to improve the formatting but makes a mess of it. Is there a way to turn this feature off so that I don't have to click to restore the line breaks? Yes, the setting you're after is under Tools > Options > Preferences > Email Options. Uncheck the box labelled Remove extra line breaks in plain text messages. -Peter "Jay" <->...

My onload gives message that the function is not a member
<%@ Page Language="VB" MasterPageFile="~/Main.master" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="SecondChurchDedication.aspx.vb" Inherits="History_SecondChurchDedication" title="Untitled Page" %> <asp:Content ID="Content8" ContentPlaceHolderID="BottomImageCPH" Runat="Server"> <center> <iframe id="DocumentsFrame" runat="server" src="SecondChurchDedication.pdf" onload="setWidthHeight(this);">Your browser does not support iframes.</...

Formatting cell with line breaks

Let Excel shade every 3 line automatically
It would be helpful for reading reports, if Excel could shade every 3rd line automatically. It would reduce keying errors. Take a look at http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.CF.html#rows -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "BAase" <BAase@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:192E6C67-9FCC-4D52-A850-E9C3203B40DC@microsoft.com... > It would be helpful for reading reports, if Excel could shade every 3rd line > automatically. It would reduce keying errors. Would this help? http://www.cpearson.com/excel/banding.htm tj &...

Billing rate Contract line
Has anyone used the field "Billing" rate in the Contract line schema. What can it be used for. Hans I. Letnes ------=_NextPart_0001_721196C0 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit That field is used to calculate the cost per case. It will take the total price of the contract line item and divide that by the number of cases to come up with the cost per case. Warm Regards, Shawn Nulph | Microsoft CRM | Microsoft Business Solutions This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use. � 2003 Mi...

Recall message function
I sent an email and recalled it. It is after work hours. I believe it will be recalled. I use Microsoft. The receipient is on verizon network. If the receipient doesn't logon until Friday morning, will the message be deleted? Or will it show recalled and can still be read? Again, I don't believe the email will be opened until business hours in the AM. I sent the email late this evening. Recall only works if you both use Exchange server. The same Exchange server. If it works, you'll get a message back saying it was successful, otherwise, you'll get a message that it fail...

How can I create a Macro that works on more than one SOP Trx Line?
I have created a macro that opens the distributions window from the item detail window when you highlight a line item in the SOP Trx entry window. The macro functions fine only if you are on the first line of the SOP Trx entry window. Does anyone know how to edit the macro to function on each line item in the SOP Trx entry window? Thanks for your help. I use an excel spreadsheet to create my SOP header and line entries. The process works for all scrolling windows, breakdown the line item information into the spreadsheet and then mailmerge it together with you header information to f...

Concananate Function for Multiple Rows
Everyone, I am looking to take text data from Column 1, Column 3, and add text after these values for every row in my spreadsheet. Is there a universal equation that I can use instead of having to insert values from each row individually using the Concananate function??? Thanks for the response mardskee wrote... >I am looking to take text data from Column 1, Column 3, and add text after >these values for every row in my spreadsheet. Is there a universal equation >that I can use instead of having to insert values from each row individually >using the Concananate function?...

Combination chart
I want to create a combination chart, on one axis, with 4 series showing in columns and one in a line. When I choose the Line-Column chart option, it plots the last two series as a line and the first three in columns. How can I change the one series to show as a column like the others? Thanks very much in advance for your help. Hi, Rather than use the built-in combination charts roll your own. Start with a 5 series column chart and then select the series that you want as a line chart. Right click it and pick Chart Type from the popup menu. From the chart type dialog pick the requi...

How can I add Functional Bands
Hello, I would like to add Functional Bands in Visio to an already existing Workflow, I could not find anything on this topic. Your help is appreciated Thank you On Wed, 10 Mar 2010 08:42:11 -0800, Majella <Majella@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > >I would like to add Functional Bands in Visio to an already existing >Workflow, I could not find anything on this topic. Quite simple. Open the appropriate stencil from menu File -> Shapes -> Flowchart (one of the Cross Functional stencils, you choose metric or US units, vertical or horizo...

what function would I use here?
In rows 1 to 192 I have a letter in just one of the columns D,E,F,G,H,or I. I want to fill in column C so that it will have the letter that is in column D thru I. What is the function that I use? I tried =MAX(d2:i2) but that doesn't work. I suppose the MAX function is for numbers only. Is it a FIND function or something different? Thanks in advance. -- Larry Smith "In this country anyone can grow up to be President. That's the risk you take." Adlai Stevenson You could put this formula in C2 (for example): =3DD2&E2&F2&G2&H2&I2 and then c...

Plotting a straight line
Hello, I have a dynamic line chart which uses the following named ranges: x axis: ReadDate =OFFSET(LMP1A!Levels,0,-2) y axis: Levels =OFFSET(LMP1A!$C$4,0,0,COUNTA(LMP1A!$C:$C)-1,1) I would like to add a constant staright line to the chart, ie plotting a constant value (e.g. 27) for every point plotted on the chart. I know I could do this by creating another column of data with the value of 27 all the way down for each corresponding value, but is there a way of doing this in a formula? I thought I could do it by typing my constant value (27) in a cell and naming that as "trigger&q...

Rules wizard / e-mail organization / subject line is blank
I would like to write a rule to permanently delete e-mail messages when the subject line is blank. I use Rules Wizard often & usually successfully, but I've not been able to make this rule. Using the "delete by subject" option, I have entered a blank space, a blank space in quotation marks, just the quotation marks, etc. Anyone know how to write this rule? b ...

Function to know the screen resolution
Dear all, Is there any function which can return the screen resolution ? I hope the function can run in any version of Windows. Thanks. Chlaris Chlaris, Have a look at :- http://www.peterssoftware.com/winmanip.htm (By the way, it's not my Web site) HTH Peter Hibbs. On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 19:27:09 +0700, "Chlaris" <chlarrissa_nospam@yahoo.com> wrote: >Dear all, > >Is there any function which can return the screen resolution ? >I hope the function can run in any version of Windows. >Thanks. > >Chlaris > Thanks Peter "Peter Hibbs" ...

average function
I am trying to find an average function. I have a series of numbers, 24 to be exact. Each number is an hourly average. Lets say cell A1 to A25. There is also a daily average in cell 26. I need a formula that will tell me what I have to average in the open cells to get my daily average of 144.2. Cells are only filled as the hour completes. Maybe... =IF(COUNT($A$1:$A$25)=25,"Out of input cells!", (($A$26*25)-SUM($A$1:$A$25))/(25-COUNT($A$1:$A$25))) treborl wrote: > > I am trying to find an average function. I have a series of numbers, > 24 to be exact. Each n...

Pub 2007: fill and line colours only show up as black and white
I've used Publisher for years and have never encountered this problem until today. I'm running Publisher 2007 on Windows XP (Service Pak 2) with a Canon PIXMA iP4000. The print set up is for colour (not greyscale). I can change the colour of text, and the jpeg images I've imported display in full colour but suddenly, my current document will not display any line colours or fill colours except black, white or NONE, regardless of what other colours I select. It's as if some hidden default setting has suddenly been turned on. For example, if i create a rectangle and g...

vLookup and Line Breaking
Greetings all, I have a worksheet where cell B8 and B10 perform a vLookup based on a data validation in B6: =IF(B6="","",(VLOOKUP(B6,Position,2,0))) IF(B6="","",VLOOKUP(B6,AD_Groups,2,0)) I have the following code in place to perform a line break after each comma in the returned value. It works great the first time, but then anytime I change or add something to any cell in the range B1:B10 it adds another line break to B8 and B10. Anything after B10 is fine and doesn't affect the previous cells. I guess what I'm asking is if...