Sub Totals

Hi
I'm able to add sub totals however I now need to add all sub totals to make
a Grand total.

Any ideas?

0
News
2/18/2010 11:26:55 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Use SUBTOTAL(9, ... for the whole range.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Feb 18, 11:26=A0am, "News" <howard.kirr...@barretteurope.co.uk>
wrote:
> Hi
> I'm able to add sub totals however I now need to add all sub totals to ma=
ke
> a Grand total.
>
> Any ideas?

0
Pete_UK

Pivot Table Running Delta total
How can I run a runnin delta total on a pivot table instead of a sum? the operation instead of sum would be from column Type D-S and the totals shold be the result of the first week plus next etc. Sum of Qty WK WK of PastDue 1004 1005 1006 1007 Part # Type pastdue 1/23/2010 1/30/2010 2/6/2010 2/13/2010 part1 D 14010 S 1000 1000 part1 Total 14010 1000 1000 part2 D 360 S 180 part2Total 360 180 part3 D 600 S 600 part3 Total 600 600 part4 D 7980 2580 S 2040 part4 Total 7980 4620 ...

Totals in pivottable
Hi. (Excel 2010) I am quite sure, that the answer is no, but I try to ask: Would it be possible to have subtotals in a pivottable showing all the items in the next level instead of "only" one total. I have a talbe with groups and product sold in different months. Each sales have a cost and sales minus cost is earned. I have calculated the ration in the pivottable as iserror(earned/sales;0). My challenge is that I would like to se not only the sales, cost, earned and ration for each product (a,b,c and d in my excample) but also for each of the groups (transport and trace) and fo...

max size of a module/sub
Seems to be a 64k limit to module (or subroutine) size in Access2000. I get a compilation error when I try to convert the .mdb its in. Access Help implies that it will run, but slower. But when user tries to run it, they get same compilation error. Is there a way to turn off compilation? Jim L Since running a module involves being able to compile it, turning off compilation won't buy you anything. I can't for the life of me imagine a module that's 64K! You need to look at breaking it down into smaller components. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele...

how can i find total width of the columns in a printing area ?
IF I HAVE DIFFRENT PRINTING SHEET IN A EXCELL WORK BOOK WITH DIFFRENT NUMBER OF COLUMNS WITH DIFFRENT WIDTH OF THE COLUMNS, AND I NEED TO PRINT THOSE SHEETS WITH SAME MARGIN SET FOR EACH SHEET. BUT SOME TIME COLUMNS OF THE EACH SHEET ARE NOT SAME DUE TO SOME REASONS AND PRINTOUT ARE NOT SAME. CAN SOME BODY TELL HOW TO ADJUST COLUMNS SIZE OF EACH SHEET QUICKLY SO THAT TOTAL WIDTH OF EACH SHEET ARE SAME In xl2k and higher, you could copy the columns and then: Edit|pastespecial|columnwidths In all versions, you can group the sheets and manually adjust the column width. This will chang...

Product Suggestion
In Collections Management, you can add parameters to eg the OverdueInvoiceDetail function, so that it prints the invoice amount in originating currency. However, the OverdueInvoiceTotal function does not take parameters, therefore always prints in functional currency. The OverdueInvoiceTotal (and others) should take parameters so that they can print the total amount in the originating currency. This avoids the situation of listing your invoices in one currency and totalling those invoices in another. Graham, You can enter your product suggestions at https://connect.microsoft.com/sit...

Is there a report for over/short totals for given date range?
Hello, I am wondering if there is any sort of report in RMS that allows you to specify a date range and returns the over/short total for the given date range, preferably organized by tender. I have searched in the built in reports to no avail. It seems strange to me that there would be no way to look at how over/short you were once you have z'ed out. That's a pretty important number to track. Thanks in advance, Alex Nielsen ...

total of colored rows
How can I calculate the total number of rows in a specific color (eg. yellow)? I'm trying to use "Countif" or "sumproduct" but I don't know how to indicate color? Thanks, cpliu Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm or http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany cpliu wrote: > How can I calculate the total number of rows in a specific color (eg. > yellow)? I'm trying to use "Countif" or "sumproduct" but I don't know > how to indicate color? > > > T...

Cumulative total with date criteria
Is there a way to simplify the following formula: =IF(AD2="",NA(),SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH(Orders!$B$5:$B$65536)=MONTH($AD$2)),--(DAY(Orders!$B$5:$B$65536)=DAY($AD2)),--(YEAR(Orders!$B$5:$B$65536)=YEAR($AD2)),Orders!$J$5:$J$65536)) Col "B" = Date in sheet "Orders" Col "J" = hours for each task in sheet "Orders" Col "AD" = date where the data is collated I have one years of data and this formula seems to be slowing the calculations down alot. Would using define option be the way to go? or am I stuck with this!!!! Hi, The...

How do I sum YTD totals based on monthly totals
I have a financial worksheet with expenses by month and a monthly total for each month. At the end of each subsequent month there is a cumulative total of the monthly totals (YTD), I cannot figure out how to get an automatic formula to populate the correct cells to mimick the previous formulas with the current cell data to get the correct totals. -- Donna EMU Alumni "Bsgrad02" <Bsgrad02@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8E3201DF-9B59-4188-8E19-BCC24B00012C@microsoft.com... > I have a financial worksheet with expenses by month and a monthly total for &g...

Excel automation: how to get total numbers of records?
Hi guys, I included excel type library to my application and tested codes of KB186122 successfully. Now I need to find out how many records are in sheet1 of Excel file. I am looking at a so long list of available functions in Excel9.cpp and Excel9.h but no idea which one is which.. Does anybody know good source of documentation except following? 178749 HOWTO: Create Automation Project Using MFC and a Type Library 179706 HOWTO: Use MFC to Automate Excel and Create/Format a New Workbook 186120 HOWTO: Use MFC to Automate Excel and Fill a Range with an Array 186122 HOWTO: Use MFC to Automate Exce...

Problem to create grand total
i have a different multiple total in my report.when i make group total it show only values not the name of the field, but as soon as i make grand total it works well on single total but not more than one, otherwise it starts to show the name of the field. i m given the example below so it can easy to understand in first case while i m making group total ,suppose there are three values salary,gratuity,Allowance i calculate it in group footer =sum([salary]) =sum([gratuity]) =sum([Allowance]) it returns 6788 88909 49890 while making grand total i ...

Want to Add more Sub description Field

Getting a total of hours & mins worked per week
I am trying to make a spreadsheet of the daily hours worked and a total of the weekly hours but i am not having any luck, at the moment I have the following H3 08:33, H4 08:01, H5 07:23, H6 08:15, H7 08:15, when i type =sum(h3:h7) i get 16:27 instead of 40:27 i would appreciate any advice thanks XL stores times as fractional days (e.g., 3:00 = 0.125). The default time display "rolls over" every 24 hours. To keep that from happening, use brackets in your format: Format/Cells/Number/Custom [h]:mm In article <F30BA8FA-A411-49D6-84D1-B91694BFD65A@microsoft.com>, &...

Computing total interest
Say I have a $10,000 CD paying 3.4% with inception of 6/17/05 and maturity of 9/22/05. What formula would I use to determine the total interest due? Thanks! ...

Totaling Hits by the hour #5
i guess every hour for a specific day, if i understand you correctly. the end goal here is to chart my traffic by hour -- neuroelectroni ----------------------------------------------------------------------- neuroelectronic's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1472 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26344 ...

Can accumulated totals be added to a calculated column in a pivot table?
Let me explain it.. I have a worksheet with data about planned and real values of investment. The data is shown with several columns that describe some properties of the target market. By example Date | Country | Market | Product | Planned Invesment | Real Investment I need to make a Pivot Table that summarize this data and shows the accumulated difference between planned and real investment, and the chance of showing it using any of the dimensions listed above. By Example Date | Country | Planned | Real | Difference | Accumulated Diff. 01/2006 | USA ...

Highlighting total rows in pivot table
Does anyone know how to have the total rows in a pivot table highlight in a different color? I am sure there is a very simple answer here, but I am just not finding where to do it. -- jim37055 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jim37055's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27788 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=493778 Put your pointer left to the Point where the Total starts. You should get black arrow pointing to the right. By clicking now you can select totals. Change t...

running total #4
Excuse the primitive nature of the question; I searched for the answer in a couple of Excel groups, but I suspect it's so simple that the question isn't asked. I rarely use Excel, but I need to produce a running total: I want each cell in column B to contain the total of the cells in column A starting with A1 thru the current row in column A. So: B1=A1, B2=A1+A2, B3=A1+A2+A3, etc. I can't figure how to specify a formula that I can copy into each cell in column B to accomplish this. I'm assuming that I can use SUM, but I can't seem to find a way to specify the cel...

Incorrect Inbox total in Entourage compared to Exchange
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange We have a user that every time Entourage crashes (at least once a week), a block of email will disappear. Whether it be from the in-box or sent items, etc. His archive averages 14 gig. Understanding that is an incredibly high number. After completely removing 08 and reinstalling clean, trying to move some email back up to the server. Not all emails are reaching the exchange server. Sometimes even one email alone will not make it. There is now a discrepancy between the total amount of em...

Adding Sub Columns
Lets say I have 2 very wide columns (paper width), and 10 rows of data. Starting in row 11, I would like to have 4 columns under each of the above 2. Is there any way to do this? I realize I could merge the first 10, but I'm actually working with a lot more than 10 rows of data, so that would be a rather cumbersome approach. Thx Dave Hi! >Starting in row 11, I would like to have 4 columns under each of the above >2. Is there any way to do this? The only way would be to merge the cells in the rows above as you have noted. Merging cells is not something you should do ...

Breaking X axis into sub units
Following is simply an example of the source data of a chart with NPV displayed on the X axis. I have several different combinations of such a chart. Any idea how to have every unit of 0.01 or 1% being automatically broken & displayed in the chart, instead of inserting minor gridlines and counting the same to determine a position between two points for example the exact location at 7%? NPV Savings Bank Deposit 0.00% 24,000 21,000 5.00% 13,016 10,204 10.00% 3,471 826 15.00% (4,877) (7,372) 20.00% (12,222) (14,583) Thanx -- Best Regards, FARAZ A. QURESHI I...

Combined Totals vs Individual Totals
I posed this question under subject heading deadlines and got most of the information I was looking for however I think I need to clarify what I need help with. I work for a call center and I run deparmental reports. One particular report is called Total Questions Missed. Currently I have a criteria in the form that this report references that reads =[Forms]![Quality Intro]![Combo119]. This is good in it allows me to run reports for my customer service reps individually, however now I need to get grand totals for my reps in one report (by the way I was gettinig the grand totals befor...

Is it possible to get a sub-total of amounts when...
When I sort a simple list of contributions (for instance) and it groups say weekly contributions to an organization, is it possible to get a sub-total for that grouping??? If so, how? Thanks If the list you want to sort went from B1:B1000, in B1001 try: =SUBTOTAL(9,B1:B1000) Regards, Alan. "marsha" <m876354@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OUw9f.25712$NJ.7164@bignews7.bellsouth.net... > When I sort a simple list of contributions (for instance) and it groups > say > weekly > contributions to an organization, is it possible to get a sub-total for > that &g...

catagories and sub catagories
HI Does anyone know a program that will customize the categories with a structure. (folder/sub-folder) Catgeories are not folders????? -- Judy Gleeson - MVP Outlook Acorn Training and Consulting Canberra, Australia see what Outlook training can do to improve productivity: www.acorntraining.com.au/pdfdocs/ProductivITwithOutlook.pps www.acorntraining.com.au/productivit.htm "Luc" <lpoulin@mobiustech.ca> wrote in message news:ehXqzeT5FHA.3908@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > HI > > Does anyone know a program that will customize the categories with a > structure. (fol...

Convert Negative Total
On a current account banking statement I have the current month's activities with a running total at the bottom - all very simple. Within the monthly activites are four cells indicating transfers to a savings account. These are, of course, minus figures as being paid out. Below the current account total I have a cell that shows a total for these transfers to the savings account. (This total is projected elsewhere for the savings account's main data) At the moment I total the transfers manually because a simple 'Total' (D7+D17+D26+D38) gives a negative sum - which is bad news ...