stop returning column headings from DB query

I put together a query to go against Oracle that returns a block of data to
the spreadsheet.  Is there an option somewhere to have the "Return Data to
Excel" do so without also returning the column headings?  I want the data
only.

thanks - Russ
0
xrbbaker (61)
5/16/2007 5:04:04 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

There are 2 places that you can change that setting.....

1)When you return data from MS Query the dialog where you select the
location for the data has a Properties button.
Click that button
UNcheck: Include Field Names.......click [OK]
Continue selecting the query destination

OR
2)After the data has been pulled from Oracle
Right-click in the data table
Select: Data Range Properties
UNcheck: Include Field Names.......click [OK]
Right-click in the data table
Select: Refresh Data

In the first method, no field headings would be returned
In the second method, existing field headings are removed

Does that help?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"xrbbaker" wrote:

> I put together a query to go against Oracle that returns a block of data to
> the spreadsheet.  Is there an option somewhere to have the "Return Data to
> Excel" do so without also returning the column headings?  I want the data
> only.
>
> thanks - Russ
0
RonCoderre (135)
5/16/2007 5:19:02 PM
Perfect Ron!  I was looking all over the place as I felt there must be an
Option or something, but couldn't find it.  Thanks very much!

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

> There are 2 places that you can change that setting.....
>
> 1)When you return data from MS Query the dialog where you select the
> location for the data has a Properties button.
> Click that button
> UNcheck: Include Field Names.......click [OK]
> Continue selecting the query destination
>
> OR
> 2)After the data has been pulled from Oracle
> Right-click in the data table
> Select: Data Range Properties
> UNcheck: Include Field Names.......click [OK]
> Right-click in the data table
> Select: Refresh Data
>
> In the first method, no field headings would be returned
> In the second method, existing field headings are removed
>
> Does that help?
> ***********
> Regards,
> Ron
>
> XL2002, WinXP
>

> "xrbbaker" wrote:
>
> > I put together a query to go against Oracle that returns a block of data to
> > the spreadsheet.  Is there an option somewhere to have the "Return Data to
> > Excel" do so without also returning the column headings?  I want the data
> > only.
> >
> > thanks - Russ
0
xrbbaker (61)
5/16/2007 6:00:01 PM
I'm so glad that worked for you.....thanks much for the feedback!

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"xrbbaker" wrote:

> Perfect Ron!  I was looking all over the place as I felt there must be an
> Option or something, but couldn't find it.  Thanks very much!
>
> "Ron Coderre" wrote:
>
> > There are 2 places that you can change that setting.....
> >
> > 1)When you return data from MS Query the dialog where you select the
> > location for the data has a Properties button.
> > Click that button
> > UNcheck: Include Field Names.......click [OK]
> > Continue selecting the query destination
> >
> > OR
> > 2)After the data has been pulled from Oracle
> > Right-click in the data table
> > Select: Data Range Properties
> > UNcheck: Include Field Names.......click [OK]
> > Right-click in the data table
> > Select: Refresh Data
> >
> > In the first method, no field headings would be returned
> > In the second method, existing field headings are removed
> >
> > Does that help?
> > ***********
> > Regards,
> > Ron
> >
> > XL2002, WinXP
> >

> > "xrbbaker" wrote:
> >
> > > I put together a query to go against Oracle that returns a block of data to
> > > the spreadsheet.  Is there an option somewhere to have the "Return Data to
> > > Excel" do so without also returning the column headings?  I want the data
> > > only.
> > >
> > > thanks - Russ
0
RonCoderre (135)

Receipting Function Has Stopped Working
I work for a large organisation uses Microsoft Office 97. Included is Outlook. I always use the receipt function, and occasionally, the delivery function. Recently, I have found that the receipting function no longer works although the delivery function continues to work. One or two of my colleagues supect that the receipting function might not work for them on occasions. When we sent test e-mails, however, we found the function always worked for everybody else but never for my e-mails. Any clues? ...

Stopping autoformat when replacing cells.
I'm trying to replace text cells that read 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, etc. to be 2-1, 2-2, 2-3, etc. I've been going to Find and finding "1-" and replacing with "2-", which changes the 1-1, for example to 38749. What am I doing wrong? Hi Excel is treating 1-1 etc as a date - and hence it comes up with 38749 (which is 1st Feb). I would suggest either formatting the cells to Text before you start or prefixing your entries with ' Andy. "Jaelou" <Jaelou@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FBB6D3EA-9DD4-4255-9D21-D760A4D50CBE@microsoft.co...

How to stop money from adding duplicate entries?
Money seems to do this a number of places. The easiest example is when I enter an invoice, it will automatically add a new transaction to my checking account. I'd rather money not add any transactions anywhere, especially to accounts that are downloaded. Is there a way to just globally turn this "feature" off? -Max Money 2005 Business Also cannot seem to mark an invoice as paid WITHOUT adding a duplicate entry to an account. Anyway to get around this nonsense? This is why I hate using these Money/Tax programs! -Max "Max" <nospam@notvalid.com> wrote i...

Odd return situation...
A customer bought three items with cash. Two days later they returned two of them, but I had insufficient cash in my till to hand over. I wrote them a check (and entered the correct "splits" in Quickbooks, including Sales tax refunded). I then manually adjusted the quantities of these two items in Manager. Was that a bad idea? What should I have done instead? Used Store Ops to do a return but then changed to price to zero for the two items? Thanks. ______________________________________________________ Larry Leveen OlyBikes Bikes, Parts, Repairs & GREAT Customer Service! ...

Restart makes an unnecessary stop at the Boot Manager Menu
Running Vista Home Premium SP2. Restart stops at the Boot Manager Menu, as though I had pressed F12. Is there an option to disable this stop? ...

How to substitute for a non-existing column in a joined table
Hi, Is there a simpler way than a UNION to return a default value of a joined table for which a corresponding row does not exist? The following example (not a working one, of course) illustrates what I'm after. I'd like to return 'N/A' as c2name if there is no matching row in t2 SELECT t1.c1 (CASE t2.t1pk WHEN NULL THEN 'N/A' ELSE t2.name END) AS c2name, FROM t1 LEFT JOIN t2 ON t2.t1pk = t1.pk Thanks. On 2010-04-21 21:05, bob wrote: > Is there a simpler way than a UNION to return a default value of a joined > table for which a ...

Start DB when not connected to network
Scenario: Currently calling the function SynchronizeDBs in the On Open Event of the Start-up form. The function is called out as follows: =SynchronizeDBs("C:\Documents and Settings\...\IDB HubR1.mdb","\\ww007\...IDB Hub.mdb",1) The function code is: Function SynchronizeDBs(strDBName As String, strSyncTargetDB As String, _ intSync As Integer) Dim dbs As DAO.Database Set dbs = DBEngine(0).OpenDatabase(strDBName) Select Case intSync Case 1 'Synchronize replicas (bidirectional exchange). dbs.Synchronize strSyncTargetDB, dbRepImpExpChanges Case 2 'Synch...

Query emails coming to a specific domain
Hello; We have about 5 domains on our exchange server that we receive email from. We are in the process of not renewing one of our domains but would like to check to see if email from that domain is still coming through. Is there any way to do that? I tried the Message Tracking Center with the *.domain.com but it didn't like that. It wanted a specific user. Thanks Check SMTP logs as well. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- <nospam@newsgroup.com> wrote in message news:...

FORMATING COLUMNS..... HELP
I need to format columns to allow only 7 characters and the rest of the data to go into column B -- JTEFUN "JTEFUN" <JTEFUN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6C5C7A99-E83F-430E-9576-6D1DB57B9311@microsoft.com... >I need to format columns to allow only 7 characters and the rest of the >data > to go into column B > -- > JTEFUN > If you mean that if a user types a lot of data into the one cell and that when they reach 7 characters the rest of the data is automatically inserted into the next cell, then I don't think you can do that....

FileFormatConverts.exe stopped working
I have been using the converter without problem for docx. to .doc. It has stopped working - no changes to my system to explain. I am using MS Office SP3. Convert documents from Outlook Express 6. It now opens Word, the "Convert File" dialogue box appears, choose "Word 2007 Document", it says "word is converting ...", and "MSWord: There was an error opening the file". Not exactly helpful. Went to Add/Remove Programs, chose "repair". Rebooted computer. Opened msg in mail again and same error msg. Uninstalled Converter prog...

Renaming table in a dB
Is there a short way in which i can modify all references to a table after i rename it? Or would i have to open every query and form and manually change the table references?Thanksramesh Access doesn't provide a way to do this.There are commercial products that do, e.g.: http://www.speedferret.com/-- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western AustraliaTips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.htmlReply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org."Ramesh" <ramesh2020@gmaildotcom> wrote in messagenews:uGgN$EuZHHA.4000@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...> Is the...

Rows and Columns Settings Problem
How do you set rows and columns in a way that when you scrol down/column you can always see a certain row(s)/column(s) -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Check out XL Help for "Freeze Panes" In article <JMorgan.1ad5vf@excelforum-nospam.com>, JMorgan <<JMorgan.1ad5vf@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: > How do you set rows and columns in a way that when you scroll > down/column you can always see a certain row(s)/column(s). Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Question re:clustered column w/3D visual effect
I have Excel 2003 Why wont the 3D chart allow you to drag it more open? There is a large open area between the left side and the axis that looks jerky :) In a plain clustered column chart you can click inside to make the frame appear and drag it larger or smaller as you desire. In the 3D, clicking only allows you to change the angles of the 3D box. Am I missing something? thanks, Meenie This should be a hint to avoid the 3D effects. 3D charts are inflexible, but more important, the 3D effects mask the information in the chart. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc....

BULK Conditional Formatting
I've read the posts on conditional formatting for cell colour based o another cell's value (eg. set the conditional formatting to "formul is" and then "=A1>0" and set the colour as red / blue / whatever...) however wondering if I can do this for an entire column withou individually changing the conditional formatting for each cell one b one (as there are over 400 rows). Basically I need a formula that reads the contents of column B for th particular row that is active. Can anyone help -- Rob Moyl ---------------------------------------------------------------...

Charting depending on criteria & data series name as a column val
I want to chart some prices as I want to take a look at price trends. My problems, and I can not figure out how to solve them, are: 1. Is it possible to dynamically change the chart depending on certain criteria (product family & selected customers) 2. As the number of customers is variable and they are in one of the columns. Is it possible to plot a series (customer name), depending on the name of a column? 3. I want to chart the data based on the date, but just include the dates available, to prevent periods of time showing no change (e.g. I don't want monthly ticks for the x a...

Excel Look up and Return Data
Hello all, I have a "data table" in one Excel file (call it DATA, the table is sorted on a field called 'CODE') and a second Excel file (call it FORMULA). I need to lookup information from the DATA table and return it to the FORMULA file, this will be done by matching a Raw Material Code number from the FORMULA file to the DATA table. When the code is matched, I would like to return 5 consecutive cells (in 5 consecutive columns) of data to the FORMULA file. Currently, I am using 5 vLookup functions to do this in the 5 consecutive cells. I am doing this to try to ...

Returning Data from a third cell in same row that meets two other
I'm looking for a formula that will return a result from a cell on a same row as two other cells that meet certain criteria. I'm sure there is a way to do this but i am a novice at this kind of stuff and can't seem to figure it out. For example i want a cell to = what is in column E when column A="36751" and when column B="Total Returns" The spreadsheet has 55000 rows. there will only be one instance where both these criteria are met. i want to use this to create a seperate spreadsheet with just info i need and can update on a daily basis. thanks in ...

How do I filter rows based upon a column value
I have a spreadsheet that contains multiple agency id's in a column. When generating reports, I would like to filter per agency and display only the rows associated with that agency. Is there a tutorial or sample on how to do this? Hi It sounds like you are looking for Data / Filter / AutoFilter. Have a look here for some basics: http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter01.html -- Andy. "Jack" <nfr@nospam.com> wrote in message news:eqiU08TVEHA.2988@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I have a spreadsheet that contains multiple agency id's in a column. When > generati...

Stop Buttons showing when opening up form
I have a button on my Main Start up page that when click makes these buttons visible, but when I open up my DB they automatically show on start up, is it possible they not be visible till I click ckbHelp.......Thanks for any Help.....Bob Private Sub ckbHelp_Click() If ckbHelp = True Then cmbHelpNewHorse.Visible = True cmbHelpActFinHorse.Visible = True End If If ckbHelp = False Then cmbHelpNewHorse.Visible = False cmbHelpActFinHorse.Visible = False End If End Sub Bob, In design view, set the property pf the *button* Visible=No Regards/Jacob "Bob" <xxx@xx.xx> wrote i...

How do I stop axis titles from overlapping with negative chart da.
The negative bar charts overlap with the category titles. I've tried offset, but it won't let me move the text more than '1000' units, and it still overlaps. Hi, You can find an explanation here. http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip002.htm Cheers Andy KarenNeedsHelp wrote: > The negative bar charts overlap with the category titles. I've tried offset, > but it won't let me move the text more than '1000' units, and it still > overlaps. -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info Hi Karen - Double click on the category titles o...

columns changed to numbers instead of letters?
I noticed my excel clumns have changed from letters to numbers and forumlas now look like =RC[-1]*R[-3]C[6] I was trying to make the R[-3]C[6] static (using the $) but it errors. Thanks Mike In Excel Options uncheck "R1C1 Reference Style" Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 28 Oct 2010 20:25:30 -0400, Mike <no_please@not.com> wrote: >I noticed my excel clumns have changed from letters to numbers and >forumlas now look like =RC[-1]*R[-3]C[6] >I was trying to make the R[-3]C[6] static (using the $) but it errors. >Thanks >Mike ...

How do I remove cross hatches in Sigma column
Addition of a column results in cross hatches. How do I get rid of the cross hatches and simply have the sum printed in the column? Widen the cell so the resulting value will fit. Excel does this so you don't accidentally SEE a number that's LESS than the actual number, which is what would occur if the column wasn't wide enough. ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "YHESSLER@EXAMPLE.COM" <YHESSLER@EXAMPLE.COM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08545D7F-E1B3-4879-A7DB-A2B723DDCD3F@microsoft.com... > Addition of a column results in cro...

Column names
Is there any code to convert column(number) to column(letters), and V.V. e.g. 27 for AA, AB for 28 Thanks =COLUMN(AA:AA) -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "daniel chen" <danchen@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:eRRce.675942$w62.535613@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net... > Is there any code to convert column(number) to column(letters), and V.V. > e.g. 27 for AA, AB for 28 > Thanks > Hi, Peo Great! Thanks. How about the other way? i.e. 27 for AA "Peo Sjoblom" <terre08@mvps.org> wrote in message news:%23MpiXScTFHA.2560@TK2MSFTNG...

comparing 2 similar columns on seperate work sheets in 1 workbook
How can I compare a column from worksheet 1 to a column in worksheet 2 of the same work book? BTW, the cell my have a number or text in it but not formulas "Dan" wrote: > How can I compare a column from worksheet 1 to a column in worksheet 2 of the > same work book? What are you looking for? If you want to find out if each cell in Column A of sheet1 appears in column A of sheet2, you could use a helper column of formulas: =isnumber(match(a1,sheet2!a:a,0)) and drag down And you could use the same kind of formula that will tell you if values in sheet2 appear in sheet1. ...

query to make a list of products based on delivery history
I have a table which lists all deliveries made of our product. From this table, I'd like to make a list of all products. My problem is the products will have many duplicates as they can be ordered multiple times and I just want a list showing all the individual products that we offer. -- TIA Try something like: SELECT DISTINCT [our product] FROM [which list all deliveries made]; If you can't figure this out, come back with table and field names. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP If I have helped you, please help me by donating to UCP http://www.access.hookom.net/UCP/Def...