stop automatically changing formula!

i have a countif function
COUNTIF(Locking!I16:I40,"f")
when i copy this and paste it to the next cell, the formula automatically
change to COUNTIF(Locking!J16:J40,"f")

How do I stop it from changing column I to J?!?!?!
thanks.

0
caryn.tan (1)
6/2/2005 2:39:36 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Caryn,

=COUNTIF(Locking!$I$16:$I$40,"f")
or
=COUNTIF(Locking!$I16:$I40,"f")

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"caryn" <caryn.tan@gmail.com> wrote in message
> i have a countif function
> COUNTIF(Locking!I16:I40,"f")
> when i copy this and paste it to the next cell, the formula automatically
> change to COUNTIF(Locking!J16:J40,"f")
>
> How do I stop it from changing column I to J?!?!?!
> thanks.

0
Bernie
6/2/2005 3:26:43 PM
The $ signs in Bernie's example will lock the Row/Column references, and can
be used in any combination you like, locking down just Row or just Column or
both.

--
Regards
              Sys Spec - Win XP Pro /  XL 97/00/02/03

"caryn" <caryn.tan@gmail.com> wrote in message
> i have a countif function
> COUNTIF(Locking!I16:I40,"f")
> when i copy this and paste it to the next cell, the formula automatically
> change to COUNTIF(Locking!J16:J40,"f")
>
> How do I stop it from changing column I to J?!?!?!
> thanks.

0
ken.wright (2489)

change color in many text box
I have a form which takes information from a query. The information is orizontally aranged in the many text boxes . I would like to know how can i change the background color of the text box on the row by just doubleclicking on that particular row. Give me some suggestions please! ANY IDEEA, "florin" <florin_serban@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ercv$ytcIHA.5164@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >I have a form which takes information from a query. > The information is orizontally aranged in the many text boxes . > I would like to know how can i change the background colo...

Change Collation failed in RMS Headquarters
I need change collation from default to Chinese. A blank database is created in Headquarters Administrator and then Change Collation command is executed. But a Error “object CK_APIExportLog_ObjectType depend on collation” happened. How can I do it? Jerry wrote: > Error “object CK_APIExportLog_ObjectType depend on collation” happened. > How can I do it? Remove from your database the constraint CK_APIExportLog_ObjectType, and when you changed collation add it the constraint. bye antonio hi, Antonio Thanks for your reply. Now I removed CK_APIExportLog_ObjectType and changed co...

Formula for counting specific cells which are greater than 1
I'm looking for a formula that will count specific cells (not a range - A17, A27, A37 and so on) that will have a certain value (above $1.00 to make it easy). So if the cell has a value of $1.00 or less it will not count in the total; If it is above $1.00 if will count. If A17 is above $1.00, A27 is $0.50 & A37 is $3.00 the count will be 2. ...

Changing the 'Mark item as read when selection changes' at runtime
Hi, Outlook version 2007 VS2008 Using VSTO and Redemption I need to change the following settings at runtime Mark items as read when viewed in the Reading Pane Wait [ ] seconds before marking the item as read. Mark item as read when selection changes. All the above settings are on a form found here: Tools --> Options --> Other --> Reading Pane The registry settings are stored in [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook\Preferences] I know how to change the registry settings but I don't know to re-load these settings again without ...

Dynamicly change spreadsheet tab names depending on cell value
Is it possible to change tab names dynamicaly ? For example i have 31 tab (1 for each day of the month) These tabs are named - 1,2,3 e.t.c Is it possible to define rule that would ad "!" to day which is weekend day. In other words is it possible to dynamicly change tab name depending from value of cell ? If this is possbile how do i do this ? Right-click on the spreadsheet tab, select View Code and paste this in:- Private Sub Worksheet_Activate() ActiveSheet.Name = Range("A1").Value End Sub To test this I put the date in cell B2 and this formula into A1:- =TEX...

Change 'Active' Window?
I would like to change the 'active' window (from the Access DB to another application). I have Dynamics GP open and am currently using an Access DB. I would like to change the active window to GP and run a macro (if possible). Would I do this with a shell command? Any help that you can provide is welcome. Thanks. G ...

Changing computer
Hi, I'm about to sell my Dell pc on which I recently installed Microsoft Home & Student 2007. Do I just un-install it and then re-install it on the new one? Is it illegal (or stupid) to leave it on the computer? And how would I go about moving my Word files from old to new? Any advice much appreciated. Thanks Sal If you leave it installed, you must also give them the disks. (And yes, that would be stupid - sorry.) If you intend to keep the disks and the license for yourself, you must uninstall it. Move your files with a USB drive or burn them to a CD. You could...

Change Display Units property with VBA
Hello, I would like to dynamically change the units on my graph within my powerpoint presentation using VBA. The Powerpoint group has site has been down for a couple of days so I have not been able to send my question in. I would think the code might be similar to that in excel so I'm hoping someone can help me here. Can someone help some code that allows me to change the "Display Units" property found under the "Format Axis --> Scale" menu in the graphs? thank You, Jenise In article <1168541545.394773.220220@o58g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>, jwilliam@alte...

How do I change a data label on an xy scatter to a unique name as.
The only way I have figured out is to create a separate series for each data point, which is tedious for 100+ points...any ideas? Hi, Try one of these free addin to link cells to data labels. This way you can have a single data series rather than multiples. Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com Cheers Andy SOSCIENT wrote: > The only way I have figured out is to create a separate series for each data > point, which is tedious for 100+ points...any ideas? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andyp...

Change all Chart Legend FONT sizes across entire spreadsheet
Have file folders with dozens of spreadsheets and noticed the CHART LEGEND fonts a too BIG. I'd like to change ALL chart legend font sizes on all worksheets in a spreadsheet at once.. using a tool or script, etc. Any solutions? There are simply too many charts to open and change fonts individually. -G The following code will change the font size in all charts in the active workbook: '======================= Sub ChangeLegendFont() Dim chObj As ChartObject Dim ws As Worksheet Dim ch As Chart Dim lFont As Long lFont = 6 'set the font size For Each ws In ThisWorkbook.Works...

IF Formula 05-17-10
I'm needing a formula that will do the following... If cell A1 is 1 it shows with the word Developing. If A1 is 2 it shows with the word Performing. If A1 is 3 it shows with the word Leading. Thanks you could put this formula in b1 =CHOOSE(A1,"Developing","Performing","Leading") -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "Redroc" <Redroc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7C464B73-6438-4BD7-8002-DC494926E073@microsoft.com... > I'm needing a formula that will do the following... > > If cell A1 is 1 i...

Change a cell's value using a button
Hi - I know its possible but have no idea how to do it - How do I set up a cell with two buttons attached to it that increase and decrease the value in the cell? I.e. if I have a cell with 10% in it and hit the "up" button, the number goes up by 0.5% and down by the same amount if I hit the "down" button? I am pretty good in Excel but dont know anything about macros - but Im really not sure where you find this function. Thanks for your help in advance anyone! -- Ashley No macros required. Use a spin button control rather than 2 buttons. Follow these steps: 1. Go to...

Add-in Sign-in has stop working
Recently I purchased a new laptop w/ Windows 7. And needed to switch to using Windows live. In using Windows Live, which is a great program. However, I've noticed that every time I open a Miscrosoft Office Program and the close out of it, I get a message box: Microsoft Office Add-in Sign-in has stopped working I just click close program and everything is OK. How do I fix things so that message does not pop up after using an Office program and closing it? Bill http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/HA100341271033.aspx "wmcook" <wmcook@discussions.micro...

How stop duplicate fields when creating a Report in Access?
no metter what method I use to create the report - it throws double fields into the report. You manually delete one of each and proceed and it continues to add double fields. We did not have this issue in 2003 version. WHat is the problem and how do we fix it? Are you talking about the record source (a query) for the report listing fields twice? If so, check the underlying query and see if it has an asterisk (return all fields) in SELECT clause of the query. It is a property of queries in design view (Output all fields). Set this to No to eliminate the fields showing ...

Calculate Formulas in Highlighted Cells Only--not whole sheet
In office 97 I was able to recalc only the cells highlighted (control + L) as opposed to the entire sheet or workbook. In Excel 2002, how do I recalc only the cells I have highlighted? Thanks I don't recall this shortcut in xl (any version). I'm guessing that you had a macro that did something special. In xl2002, you could use a macro like this (assigned to ctrl-shift-l) Option Explicit Sub testme() Selection.Calculate End Sub But I think I've read posts that calculating a single range can be bad--it can screw up the calculation dependencies. I think that Charles Will...

Change unit cost for Miscellaneous Items
Dynamics GP Sales Order Processing does not allow editing of unit cost for all item types. Please include an option to allow us to change the unit cost for for miscellaneous, service and flat fee items. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.micro...

Can I change the default syle for a chart?
I have toyed around with using macros to reformat data, but what I would really like to do is make a particular format the default, but can't seem to find out how to do that. Select a chart in your workbook Choose Chart>Chart Type Select one of the chart types and subtypes, then click 'Set as default chart' OR Select the Custom Types tab, and set one of the built-in or user-defined charts as the default Jon Peltier has information on custom chart types on his web site: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/CreateCustomTypes.html Argus Finch wrote: > I hav...

How do I wrap text for formulaes
I have a worksheet with a lot of formulaes - need to print on a single sheet but cannot seem to wrap text them - any ideas will be welcomed. TIA, Naz --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ I'm not sure if this works for formulas, but it certainly works for text. Highlight the cells you need to wrap, in the menu, click "format", "cells", click the "Alignment" tab, then put a checkmark in the box beside "Wrap text". If that doesn't work, someone else will have to come with a different fix. You might have to change your row h...

Formula #19
I'm not sure how to explain this! I need a total of the number of times that "G" (no quotes) appears in the range S4:S1516, based on "Ou" (no quotes) appearing in the same row, in the range J4:J1516. Many thanks Rendon =SUMPRODUCT(--(S4:S1516="G"),--(J4:J1516="Ou")) -- Gary''s Student - gsnu2007a Superb!! Rendon "Gary''s Student" <GarysStudent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A1F9901E-86C2-462D-8D5D-E6EB9535A2CF@microsoft.com... > =SUMPRODUCT(--(S4:S1516="G"),--(J4:J1516="O...

How can we change rpc port on outlook client
How can we change rpc port on outlook client to use different port than 135 and I can do either TCPrelay or port redirect to connect to the Exchange server on port 135. ...

Formula In A Query
Hi I am trying to create a formula that checks to see if a date in a record is from the same month as the current date and if so return a value The formula is not falling over but always returns the OR value. Could someone take a look and point out my error MonthNo: IIf([Date SubmittedtoLab]=Month(Date()),MonthName(Month([Date SubmittedtoLab])),5) Thanks Richard Not sure what you're trying to do with this. I you just want the month number you could simply use DatePart("m",[Date SubmittedtoLab]) This is (I think??) what your 1st post was looking for - but I don't ...

Item Tax Change
Last night I changed all of our Coupons Item Tax from a Cou-Tax to MO. That switched them from Cou-Tax to MO taxable. so that when a coupon is used it will deduct the sales tax (Missouri Tax Law) and I assigned the Sales Tax "Non-tax" to the Item tax "Non-tax" for our non tax items like labor. (this was never set up from 2 years ago, I don;t know if this was need, or if it is causing the problem) Now every transaction on every item on POS requires a reason code "for tax change". Even though they are not using a coupon or a non-tax item only items with MO I...

How to change value of field in one to many relation ship
Dear Freinds I have 2 tables with 1 to many relation ship table1 customer table2 collection sub both of them are linked through customer ID I want to update one of the field 'lastAMCdate' which is equal to 'AMCtodate' in the latest enrty ie last row. Please advise how I can update programatically above field in custoemr table Please advise Rgds Ramesh shetty use an updatequery -- Maurice Ausum "Shetty" wrote: > Dear Freinds > > I have 2 tables with 1 to many relation ship > table1 customer > table2 collection sub > both of them are ...

Mail deleted automatically
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3352355780_9607523 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit We have Exchange 2003 on the backend and Entourage on the client side. Recently two of our users reported mail that had suddenly disappeared from their Inboxes. In one case over 1000 mails. The batch of mails that were suddenly missing were not in the deleted items folder (although there were other deleted items there) but were foun...

changing text case
Is there a way to change the text case in Excel? Ex. from all caps to Sentence case, etc. See: http://www.officearticles.com/excel/change_the_case_of_text_in_cells_in_microsoft_excel.htm ************ Hope it helps! Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Linda B" <LindaB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A0BCD63F-3E4F-4F18-9FFD-8310E5840C8A@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to change the text case in Excel? > > Ex. from all caps to Sentence case, etc. Excel supports conversion to upper, lower or proper case, but it has no sentence case. I created this ...