startup excel euro symbol

when i digit € symbol inside any application excel 2007 automacic startup and
for me is impossible to use this symbol anywhere, i use windows xp
professional ..have you a response to solve this problem?
thanks

0
Carlo (36)
8/25/2008 8:04:01 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

exit excel within vba
Hello All, I have a vba code, at the end of this code I want to exit excel not close. If I close the excel workbook I can not run excel again from the scheduler. Can anyone provide me help?? thanx all. Murat Demir Hekimoglu You want to quit excel? Application.quit could be what you're looking for. Murat Demir HEKIMOGLU wrote: > > Hello All, > > I have a vba code, at the end of this code I want to exit excel not close. > > If I close the excel workbook I can not run excel again from the scheduler. > > Can anyone provide me help?? > > thanx all....

Excel Bar Graph Questions
I want to compare FY08 & FY09 data (By each mth) using excel bar graph. So, on the X-axis need to show 08 & 09 bar graph in DIFFERENT color. What's the restrictions now I can see is ONLY ONE color shown on data on X axis. Anyone knows how to do it? Many Thanks Hi, Did you move one of the series to the secondary axis? If so see http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColumnsOnTwoAxes.html Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Ruby" <Ruby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:223C6B4E-345D-40B7-A217-AEA3FA686F...

Can Excel 2007 link with Outlook 2007
I have a list of companies names that I need to add the addresses to. I don't want them to be on the same worksheet. I will need to add compaines to the list from time to time. Also Is it possible to link these addresses with outlook? Thanks, Dan ...

Excel text box #2
Is there a way to set the default text alignment to "center" for both vertical and horizontal in the draw text box? I am using Excel 2000. I found it for the cell default. That's what I want to do with the draw text box. -- Thanks To get the horizontal centering--just select your text and hit the Center Icon on the format toolbar--just like you would to center text in a cell. I had to hit enter a few times (at the beginning of the text) to center it vertically. rvrl wrote: > > Is there a way to set the default text alignment to "center" for both > ...

Excel missing file
I am a registered user of Office XP Pro. Excel will not start. It is missing a file. In the process of moving, disks in storage. Where can I go online to download the missing file? And, how? ...

Excel integration of models in various workbooks
I have a few different models in seperate excel workbooks ... one for cars, one for houses, one for retirement accounts.. I recently had the idea to take outputs from each of these models and plug them into a single workbook something like life.xls. What I'm wondering is if there is a way to wrap them (the house and car models) with an interface (VBA?) which I can pass parameters and can call from a macro in life.xls to retrieve the output from. Essentially I'd like each of the workbooks (house,..cars) to be like a callable function into which I can pass parameters, and which return...

Active X Controls Shrinking on Excel worksheet
I have a workbook and sometimes the ActiveX controls such as listbox, options, checkboxes on the worksheet shrinks or expands while clicking on the controls. Does somebody has experirenced same kind of problem or somebody knows the fix. The only to fix this problem is to restart the machine again. Thanks in advance. ...

excel #13
I need to know if there is a way to put a scroll bar with text, as a pull down menu in a cell. Hi Chelo, Check out Data | Validation | List. HTH -- Regards, Zack Barresse, aka firefytr "Chelo" <Chelo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8BB85A00-4175-47C7-A4EF-52260FD5049A@microsoft.com... >I need to know if there is a way to put a scroll bar with text, as a pull > down menu in a cell. ...

non linear regression in excel
Hello I have some charts which I am trying to fit lines of best fits to. The general shape of these curves is something representing '4 o' clock' on a clock. I am trying to do non-linear regression to get the closest fit to these curves but the trendline functions on excel are very limited (ie logarthmic,exponential,polynomial etc) and do not produce a sufficient trendline. I was wondering if anyone knows how I could possibly produce the trendline that I require that fits the data on the curve. Many thanks for your help. Warm regards Nikeel - If the general shape is a singl...

Please help me with my Excel
I have got a new lap top and I have a good antivirus and spyware. my pc works good but once I open Excel my CPU jumps up to %100 and the strange thing is that when I click on other programs my CPU comes back to %4. The more strange thing is that when for example I press F2 to edit a cell , CPU works good but when I press Enter, again it goes back to %100. Here our IT man reinstalled my MS-Office and he did some other exotic operations but there was not any slightest change and the problem is still existing and going on my nerve. Please scientists help me ! I work with Excel 7 hrs per day ...

Excel 2002: Can I save all files by just one click ?
Hi, I have 10 working files in an active window. There is no Save All button under the file menu. May I know if I can save all the files at one click without having to exit excel ? Thanks Low This delivers it in 2 clicks ... Hold down Shift key, click File > Close All Then click "Yes to All" in the ensuing prompt to save changes Success? Celebrate it, hit the YES below -- Max Singapore --- "Mr. Low" wrote: > I have 10 working files in an active window. > There is no Save All button under the file menu. > May I know if I c...

Dynamic Excel
Dear All Is there anything that I can do in Excel to my Excel report dynamic? For eg... is it possible to create something which will create results based on figures keyed in... ? Any suggestions would be welcomed... It would be good if u could send me similar Excel project of yours... to me as reference... Cheers --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi this is a little bit vague :-) maybe as a starting point: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/pivots.htm http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotstart.htm http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot02.html http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/exce...

How do I remove the (blank) from an excel pivot table?
I am trying to create a pivot table from a liston an excel spreadsheet. Many of the items on the list will be blank. On the pivot table, the blank items show up as (blank) - I want the cell to be empty! I tried setting the table empty values but that doesn't work...any help would be greatly apprecated... If you click the small black triangle near the top of the Table, a menu will appear. Just clear the checkbox next to (blank) -- Gary''s Student "MarkfromAZ" wrote: > I am trying to create a pivot table from a liston an excel spreadsheet. Many > of the...

Refreshing a Microsoft Office Excel Chart Object
Can a Microsoft Office Excel Chart Object be refreshed by linking it to an excel spreadsheet? The "chart object" is being copied from the originating excel spreadsheet, using the special past function to make an Excel Chart Object in a Word doc. DonC, Use Paste Special, pasting it as an Excel Chart Object in the Word document. Use the Paste Link button. Now it's linked to the cells of the original worksheet. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com ----------------------------------------------------------------------- "DonC" <don.cook@farmersinsurance.com> w...

Excel 2002 #5
Is there a way to set an excel file to open to the same worksheet regardless to where it was last saved? Trip, In the ThisWorkbook code module, put the following code. Change "Sheet1" to the desired worksheet name. Private Sub Workbook_Open() Worksheets("Sheet1").Select End Sub -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Trip Levert" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:095401c3bdaa$69673f90$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to set an excel file to open to the s...

How to convert an excel macro code to a Visual basic program
As it is in the subjec title, this is my question: How to convert an Excel macro code to a Visual Basic program? The fact is I am using some excel macros written for excel 2002 and I want to work with them just like a distinct program. I tried to do it directly, but I faced with lots of errors. Any help would be highly appreciated. ...

If I closed an excel doc without saving can I get it back? thx
I opened up 2 version of excel and tried to close one, I forgot the other was opened and when I chose not to save it I lost my old one also. If there anyway I can get it back? I tried system restore but that was turned off also ;( Thx for any help! If that file was originally out on the drive, then you should be able to just open it up and have the pre-changes-made version of it available. However, if you were creating it from scratch and closed without saving it, then it is gone. System Restore would never help in a case like this - System Restore does not save user data; it is a...

Manually Uninstalling Excel Viewer
HELP! I need to manually uninstall my corrupt Excel viewer. Would somebody offer some details as to this task? Thank you. I've never installed nor uninstalled Excel Viewer, but the standard procedure for uninstalling a program is to: Close Excel Viewer Click Start Select Control Panel Find and double-click on "Add or Remove..." Find Excel Viewer in the list of programs. Click on Remove. Follow screen instructions. HTH Otto "Steve Evans" <sjevans2@ameritech.net> wrote in message news:uXSilFs3DHA.1924@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > HELP! > > I need to ma...

Need to program in Visual Basic for Applications for Excel
Hi, I have a fairly large application in Lotus 123 (Release 5) with a few hundred macros that we know extremely well. Does any one know someone who can write VBA for Excel and could convert this application to Excel in the Seattle area? Many of the macros in Excel would have to be in written VBA! Thanks in advance for any leads. Sincerely, Mon I can do this work and have done it in the past. Write to me at the address below, without the words "NOSPAM" in the address: rchoatecpa@NOSPAMkey-field.com Richard Choate, CPA "Mon Wig" <monwig@msn.com> wrote in me...

excel 2003 crashing at shutdown
My Excel 2003 is crashing about every other time that I shut it down. Does anyone have a fix for this ? Thanks, Lynn Just some guesses... First, does it crash only when you're editing a specific workbook (or a specific set of workbooks)? If yes, then I'd check to see what those workbooks have in common -- maybe a misbehaving macro???? If it crashes with all/any workbook, then I'd try rebuilding my toolbar. Close excel use windows search to look for *.xlb and delete all that you find (or move them to a safe location if you're worried) And remember to look through hidde...

Editing menus in Excel 2007 beta 2
How do I edit the "right click menu" in Excel 2007 Beta 2? Hi Diggerdeep Same as in older versions with VBA code This example will add 3 controls to the Cell menu that run your own macro's. Change this two lines : onaction_names = Array("macro1", "macro2", "macro3") caption_names = Array("caption 1", "caption 2", "caption 3") Sub Add_Controls() Dim i As Long Dim onaction_names As Variant Dim caption_names As Variant onaction_names = Array("macro1", "macro2", "macro3...

If I type a formula into excell, and forget the "=", the equal si.
If I type a formula into excell, and forget the "=", the equal sign should be added automatically. Your opinion ? -- Regards, RD -------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit ! -------------------------------------------------------------------- "Will C Holmes" <Will C Holmes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E994F354-F6A8-4A99-B095-D998FDDC9950@microsoft.com... If I type a formula into excell, and forget the "=", the equal sign should be added aut...

Excel Macro Problem, Add-in need to work in every workbook & Error:9 Subscript out of range
I will first write the code then explain the problem ThisWorkbook Part: Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean) If PropExis = True And PropValue = True Then UnStampEveryPage End If End Sub Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) If PropExis = True And PropValue = True Then UnStampEveryPage StampEveryPage End If End Sub Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal SaveAsUI As Boolean, Cancel As Boolean) If PropExis = True And PropValue = True Then UnStampEveryPage End If End Sub Module Part: Option Explicit 'Adds Word Art to Sheet Sub AddWordArt(i As Long) Dim celTo...

How do I remove lines from a Pivot Table in Excel?
I have a PivotTable in Excel that I'm using to generate charts from a large data set. It is currently set up as a line chart, with data points from similar categories connected between x-values. But since my I'm trying to plot variables on the x-axis, rather than a scale, I do not want the lines to appear whenever I re-generate the chart with a different set of variables. If I remove the lines from the chart, every time I generate a change, the lines come back. Is there any way to change the default setting that forms the line chart every time I change the variables and re-f...

excel formulas #10
how do i create a formula using the same cell reference (locking that cell) to be calulated in all formulas using fill down short cut? Hi John! Reference the cell (eg) $A$1 See: Chip Pearson http://www.cpearson.com/excel/relative.htm -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au "John" <jallen@novurania.com> wrote in message news:4DE2EB3B-9FA4-4CC0-B2CC-E6296EB364EC@microsoft.com... > how do i create a formula using the same cell reference (locking > that cell) to be calulated in all formulas using fill down short > cut? ...