Standard sheet header

I do most computation sheets in Excel. Works out well and looks fine in reports. But . . .
there is a problem with the title and logo area. Cell widths vary from sheet to sheet as
need dictates so any header copied in as a worksheet will take on the host cell
dimensions, throwing it out of scale and proportion. I've tried two alternatives: an image
and an OLE object. Neither one is particularly good for the purpose because some
variables, like title or page number need to vary from sheet to sheet. What I'd really
like to do is change cell dimensions within a bounding box right on the spreadsheet. Excel
2008, you think?

Any thoughts on how to standardize such a document? I'm thinking Image, with holes where
data needs to change.

Thanks

rs

0
tcebob
8/8/2005 10:37:20 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Lookup from a range on separate sheets
Hi, I am trying to look up values from the same fixed range (c50:E200) in 45 sheets and extract the values onto one sheet (same workbook) 3 columns at a time (ie first sheet B-D, second sheet E-G etc). I can't work out how to put the sheet name (or a reference to the sheet number) in a formula in the destination sheet - is it possible or do I have to use a macro? I can write the code for a macro, but as it is statistical process control limits which are added to each month, it means rerunning the macro every time Any help much appreciated! Paul Paul, In the sheet/cells that ...

Increasing # of rows in excel sheet
Hi all.. I usually import data from other programs such as SAP into excel and face the problem of excel running out of Rows.. is there a way that I can increase the total number of rows in my worksheet or any other solution possible to my problem. Thanks Rehan Hi no. 65536 rows is the maximum "Rehan" wrote: > Hi all.. > > I usually import data from other programs such as SAP > into excel and face the problem of excel running out of > Rows.. is there a way that I can increase the total > number of rows in my worksheet or any other solution > possibl...

removing headers
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC I have followed all of the directions to get rid of a header I never put on, but nothing works. It says 'click on the header', but my cursor will not click on the header. How do I get rid of this? *What* says 'click on the header'? To get into the Header/Footer layer directly requires a double-click. Alternatively you can use the menu to access it if you go to View> Header & Footer. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 4/27/10 3:52 PM, in article 59bb78ef.-1@webcross...

Outlook 2002 and Full Header Info.
My wife is using Outlook 2002 and recently we had a need to see the originating IP address on particular piece of email and it wasn't shown in the full header information. I use Alpine (Pine) on a Slackware system and when I look at my headers, the IP address of the originating PC is normally shown so it would appear that Outlook 2002 is not saving that information. A search of the web reveals tweaks for Outlook 2003 and 2007 with regedit to force Outlook to save all the header information that arrives with the email but I have not been able to find such information for ...

How to apply both Italic & Bold in Header & Footer?
I would like to apply both Italic & Bold in Header & Footer. Is it possible? File|Page Setup|Custom Header. Select the "A" button (Font formatting). -- Ian -- "Regina Man" <ReginaMan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0A1D4AB8-96B8-4F2B-9E98-A0803F984FD2@microsoft.com... >I would like to apply both Italic & Bold in Header & Footer. > Is it possible? ...

Embed Sheet
I am working on a sheet with approx 3000 entries, The first colum stores the company name, second stores customer number and so on. company can have many customer numbers which causes alot of compan name repitition in the first column. Is it possible to embed this shee into another one and use a combo box filled with all the company name to access the specific areas of the embedded sheet? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou, Johnny -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, I think this sounds do-able - first look at Chip Pearson's page: http://www.cpearson.c...

Disabling Standard Icons
I am running Office 2003 and I want to assign a error message to the SAVE icon on the StandardToolbar to disable the standard save function to get the user to use another save button that I have set up on the spreadsheet. I know it can be done because I have it on a spreadsheet someone else set up but I cannot find where they set it up. It needs to be done in such a way that when I send the document (spreadsheet) to other Pc's it will still be setup. Any help would be most apprciated. Look in the macros on the example workbook. Learning wrote: > I am running Offic...

copy data from one worksheet to identical sheet in different workbook
I want to essentially sync the data between 2 identical worksheets in different workbooks. Essentially, I want to import and replace data in the second sheet with data from the first, is there a simple way to do this without deleting the worksheet and then copying the new sheet into the workbook? Thanks You can right-click on your source-sheetname tab, the shortmenu will reflect Copy/MoveSheet.... Select it and make 2 other choices: 1) Check to Create Copy box at bottom 2) From dropdown box at top of screen select an existing open workbook or select new-workbook. OK HTH "a...

Header
I have a spreadsheet that prints out on 3 pages of A4. However, the header prints at the top of each page. How do I get it to print at the top of the first page, only, please? Gareth -- For essential news about Huddersfield Town Football Club join the Terriers Mailing List at www.Terriers.me.uk . Two separate print jobs are required. You can use a macro to speed it up but it is still two print jobs. See Ron de Bruin's site for code. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 02:46:28 +0100, "Gareth J Dykes" <firstname.lastname@btinternet.com> wrote: >I ...

getting rid of the standard mfc icon (in taskbar)
i made an application based on mfc, and used the standard mfc icon up until now. i thought changing it would be a simple task. in the resource editor i got rid of all mfc icons in various resolutions, and replaced it with my own icon in 3 different resolutions. it does work in almost all the places: the main window is shown with the correct icon, the taskbar shows correctly with the icon, even MessageBox() shows the icon now, but as soon as i do open a MessageBox while my main-window is shown, the counter in taskbar moves up to two (you know how windows xp groups together tasks with th...

How to sort in Excel with headers link to all body parts
I have a table that have subheaders and each subheader with rows of items below them. I wanted to sort all subitems from all subheaders according to value (in one column); and have each subitem link to the subheader as label for that particular item. I guess what I need to do is link a cluster of items to it subheader; so when I sort each item will include the subheader as label to show what subheader it came from. ...

moving to end of sheet
I know that "ctrl-end" should take me to the end of a worksheet. Sometimes, however, it takes me beyond the last row where data is entered, sometimes many blank rows beyond. I've tried deleting those blank rows, making sure there is nothing hidden inthose rows, no conditional formatting, etc., but that doesn't work. If I cut and paste the rows with data into a new sheet, that works (i.e., "ctrl-end" takes me to the last cell with data in it). Is there a way to do this without the cut and paste workaround? Thanks. There are instructions here for resetti...

Excel spread sheet
Why random data is replaced with a number symbol. Date entered as 2/2/2010 but ######## shows up in the cell. iCould be a number of reasons: First try either widening the column or reducing the font size. Come back if that doesn't work "hondo" wrote: > Why random data is replaced with a number symbol. Date entered as 2/2/2010 > but ######## shows up in the cell. ...

Insert sheet, move to end, rename with cell data.
I've spent most of my day trying to ask VB to do this for me, but don't know how to communicate it correctly. I have column A in "List"(Sheet1) with 150 entries. I want to create 150 sheets with Sheet numbers of 2-151. However, I would like for the tabs to read what the appropiate cell in "List" says.... ie if +++ (column A) ___ Fun Not Fun Cool +++ was my column, I would like the first four tabs to read "List" (my original sheet), "Fun", "Not Fun", and "Cool". Then they would appear in Microsoft Visual Basic as Sheet1(List...

Excel 2k opens 2 sheets within same window
We have excel2k with sp3 on win2k pro with sp4. my problem is when i open 2 excel sheet both appear within the same window. if i have to switch between the 2 sheets i have to minimise 1 n maximise the next. what i need is to open both the excel sheets in 2 separate excel windows. how do i do this? please advice Hi, Tools>Options>View Under the "show" section, make sure that the "Windows in Taskbar" option is checked. This should solve your problem. It might be slightly different in Excel 2000, but the same options. Hope this helps Sunil Jayakumar "sp...

Colouring Emails based on Headers
I am trying to use colour to pick out spam identified by a Spam program in an X-Header. I have gone into the advanced settings, but can't seem to find an option to colour based on content of the headers. Can anyone help me out here? SB Take a look at HeaderToCategory for MS Exchange 2000/2003 application: http://www.ivasoft.biz/hc.shtml It could help in that case. -- Rregards, Victor Ivanidze, software developer > I am trying to use colour to pick out spam identified by a Spam program in > an X-Header. > I have gone into the advanced settings, but can't seem to fin...

Make Publisher open with my standard document
I'm tired of having to dig through all the templates to find an 8.5 x 11 document template! I am a home user and everything I do is based on 8.5 x 11 paper. Is it possible to make Publisher open DIRECTLY to this choice and not open to the Getting Started with Microsoft Publisher 2007 template list? Thanks a million! K When I start Publisher it opens to a blank 8�"x11" worksheet. I use Publisher 2000 but the following my solve your puzzle. Start Publisher Select Tools Options Uncheck "Use catalog at startup." -- Don - Publisher 2000� ...

How do I link cells, sheet to sheet, to recognize row deletions?
In Office XP - Excel - I want to copy a column from one sheet to another sheet in the same workbook. I want the copied links to recognize row deletions and insertions when I change the source sheet. When I use the Copy, Paste Special, Paste Links command, the linked sheet does not recognize a row deletion in the source sheet. Instead, the linked sheet displays a #Ref message in the cell related to the deleted row. One way to try .. Assume the source col to be linked is col A in Sheet1, A1 down In Sheet2 ------------- Put in any starting cell, say A1: =OFFSET(INDIRECT("Sheet1!A1&qu...

custom header #3
I would like to know how to set up a custom header which shows the data in a perticular cell (i.e. - C9 shows the number 100, so I want the header in all the pages,except the first, to show "100". Thank you One way is to use a macro. Option Explicit Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) Dim myHeaderStr As String Dim iCtr As Long myHeaderStr = Worksheets("sheet3").Range("C9").Value For iCtr = 2 To Worksheets.Count Worksheets(iCtr).PageSetup.LeftHeader = myHeaderStr Next iCtr End Sub (I used c9 on sheet...

Excel Data Protection Best Practice: AKA: Real Sheet Protection
Hello- Any advice for best practices for protecting data/methods/macros within Excel? Clearly, password protecting a sheet isn't the best security (free utilities to crack it). Scenario: - I need users to be able to access the workbook, but by no means, gain access to data within the certain sheets - I can hide the data by utilizing similar colored text and hiding the rows/columns - Once the password is created, it appears there are tons of free utilities that remove these passwords- Bummer. Question: - Any advice to help prevent the utilities from doing this?...

Comparing data in cells on 2 sheets
I am trying to find a way to compare values in a specific cell on 2 sheets, and if they are different values replace the value in the cell on sheet 1 with the value in the cell from sheet 2. MayJay To actually replace a value in a cell would require code as you could not use a function to replace a referenced value. What you could do is use an IF function in another columns which could then replace the old data, so if you are comparing say A1 on Sheet1 with A1 on Sheet2 you could use =IF(A1=Sheet2!A1,A1,Sheet2!A1) You could then copy this down Column A and anywhere where the data did ...

Hide Sheet
I want to hide a sheet in a workbook. The sheet should be visible only when I type a password. Is there a way to do this. Does this need to be done through VBA. Thanks in advance. Dipsy, You can protect the workbook. Tools - Protection - Protect Workbook. This will disallow adding, moving, deleting sheets also though. Or use this code: Sheets("Sheet2").Visible = xlVeryHidden A user won't be able to use Format - Sheets - Unhide. Only code can unhide it. This doesn't require that the workbook be protected. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period...

data migration of excel sheets to crm
hi, i am trying to migrate accounts and contacts from excel sheets to crm which is not getting dont. the migration exe file is run and log shows process completed , but the status of these file in the cdf migrate info table shows "not processed". i did import the data to cdf by dts succesfully though. please help. its urgent. "Yamini.P.S" <Yamini.P.S@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9062EE2-BF71-4ED2-9710-813C577A5405@microsoft.com... > hi, > i am trying to migrate accounts and contacts from excel sheets to crm > which > is not &g...

Copy and rename a sheet
Hi I'm trying to copy the active sheet via VBA and renaming it according to a cell value found in a master data sheet. The sheet that is copied is to be placed after the originalsheet (orgsh). I use the following code: Set orgSh = ActiveSheet Set newSh = ActiveSheet.Copy(After:=ActiveSheet) newSh.Name = "Week" & " " & Sheets("Stamdata").Range("A4").Value But I get an error referring to line 2. Can you help? Thank you Ticotion I use this code in some of my Workbooks. Sub Copy ActiveSheet.Copy After:=ActiveShee...

Unable to remove mail header
Hello, I am using Outlook 2003 with an Exchange 2003 account. I have a mail item in my inbox that won't go away. When I try to delete it I am told that the item can't be deleted because it was either moved or already deleted. If I access my account using OWA I don't see this mail header. So how do I get rid of this header? Any thoughts are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advanced. On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 15:19:51 -0500, "David DeBoer" <it@jmschaefer.com> wrote: >Hello, > >I am using Outlook 2003 with an Exchange 2003 account. I have a mail item ...