Spreadsheet (use for test)

I need help (direction) in creating a 50 question test in excel.  I would
like for the tester to select the answer for each question (multiple
choice).  At the end of the test, a button that will grade the test (Pass,
Fail, Miss est..).  The person taking the test can not go back and change
answers.  The test result to be cumulated (placed) on a hidden spreadsheet
by name and score.
I would need to change (rearrange) the test once and awhile.  Is Excel the
right program or would word be better?  I would have (run) the file on a
floppy, jump drive or shared drive.  Please help if you can.  If you need
more info please feel free to ask.
--
Bobby Atkinson
batkinson@iquest.net

0
batkinson (8)
6/17/2005 3:36:58 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

This file might be a help:
http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/zipfiles/dubclick97.zip
It's in the "Worksheet with VBA" section on page:
http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/examples.htm

Demonstration of setting up and using VBA's "BeforeDoubleClick" worksheet
event.

The code is open and commented.

--
Andy Wiggins FCCA
www.BygSoftware.com

"Bobby Atkinson" <batkinson@iquest.net> wrote in message

> I need help (direction) in creating a 50 question test in excel.  I would
> like for the tester to select the answer for each question (multiple
> choice).  At the end of the test, a button that will grade the test (Pass,
> Fail, Miss est..).  The person taking the test can not go back and change
> answers.  The test result to be cumulated (placed) on a hidden spreadsheet
> by name and score.
> I would need to change (rearrange) the test once and awhile.  Is Excel the
> right program or would word be better?  I would have (run) the file on a
> floppy, jump drive or shared drive.  Please help if you can.  If you need
> more info please feel free to ask.
> --
> Bobby Atkinson
> batkinson@iquest.net
> batkinson3900@yahoo.com

0
ng20050514 (63)
6/17/2005 5:37:29 AM
This may be part of what I need.  I will keep looking for a file I can
modify and use to do what I need.
Thanks

--
Bobby Atkinson
batkinson@iquest.net
"Andy Wiggins" <ng20050514@BygSoftwareREMOVEDOT.com> wrote in message
> This file might be a help:
> http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/zipfiles/dubclick97.zip
> It's in the "Worksheet with VBA" section on page:
> http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/examples.htm
>
> Demonstration of setting up and using VBA's "BeforeDoubleClick" worksheet
> event.
>
> The code is open and commented.
>

> --
> Andy Wiggins FCCA
> www.BygSoftware.com
> Excel, Access and VBA Consultancy
> -
>
> "Bobby Atkinson" <batkinson@iquest.net> wrote in message
>>
>> I need help (direction) in creating a 50 question test in excel.  I would
>> like for the tester to select the answer for each question (multiple
>> choice).  At the end of the test, a button that will grade the test
>> (Pass,
>> Fail, Miss est..).  The person taking the test can not go back and change
>> answers.  The test result to be cumulated (placed) on a hidden
>> spreadsheet
>> by name and score.
>> I would need to change (rearrange) the test once and awhile.  Is Excel
>> the
>> right program or would word be better?  I would have (run) the file on a
>> floppy, jump drive or shared drive.  Please help if you can.  If you need
>> more info please feel free to ask.
>> --
>> Bobby Atkinson
>> batkinson@iquest.net
>> batkinson3900@yahoo.com

0
batkinson (8)

error C2874: using-declaration causes a multiple declaration of 'ATL::CTime'
Hallo, if I try to compile an old vs6.0 project in vs7.1, I get the error described in subject. I now about streaming errors, but never headed about this error. I hope anybody can help me. Thanx, Robin > Hallo, > > if I try to compile an old vs6.0 project in vs7.1, I get the error > described in subject. > > I now about streaming errors, but never headed about this error. > I hope anybody can help me. > > Thanx, > Robin http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccore/html/C2874.asp I would guess that the old project was declaring...

dial a telephone number using the modem,and playing an audio file when the person lifts up telepone
I wanted to make a vb application which would dial a telephone number using the modem. When the person on the other end lifts up the telephone (answers the phone), the application should start playing an audio file(eg. .wav file). The approach I took was using the Tapi. As my modem is connected to the serial port on my computer I send AT commands to make the phone call . This is working fine and the call is being placed. I wanted to know whether this is possible at all? Whether I am approaching the wrong way? If it is possible, then please give some suggestions or samples(vb or vc). If it is...

Trigger Macro on Open Spreadsheet
How can we force a macro to execute whenever a spreadsheet is first opened? Hi do you mean the file? If yes either name your macro Auto_Open() or put your code in the workbook event Workbook_Open() -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Beckie Davis wrote: > How can we force a macro to execute whenever a spreadsheet > is first opened? ...

UPDATE using SUM
I have a stored procedure where I am trying to update a temp table in the flow of the sp. I have tried the code below but it gives me an error "Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'GROUP' and I understand the error but don't know how to get around it and still get sums. Can anyone help? Thanks. UPDATE #tempInventoryAnalysis SET [PTDSalesQty] = SUM(CASE WHEN MGB.dbo.tblArHistHeader.InvcDate BETWEEN @StartDate AND @EndDate THEN MGB.dbo.tblArHistDetail.QtyShipSell ELSE 0 END), [YTDSalesQty] = SUM(MGB.dbo.tblArHistDetail.Qt...

Microsoft Icons for Web Use
I have several Office documents I'm linking to on my web site and I'm looking for where I can download the icons for the Office applications. Anyone? Specifically, I need an icon for MS Word and MS Excel. It was much easier to find the Acrobat icon for use. :( Thump If you have Office you already have access to the icons. Select one of the applications in the MS Office folder then Command+I for Get Info. Click the icon in the Get Info window & Command+C to copy it, Paste to wherever. NOTE: As an FYI, as with all corporate logos & trademarks there are copyright restrictio...

Use cell value as cell address
Hello everyone. I have a worksheet "Main" of 39,000 rows in which column B contains a number between 1 and 7,500. Column C is an empty column I have added. The second sheet, "Names" in the book contains a single column - A - of 7,500 names. I want to get the value from the second sheet that matches the number column of the first sheet. In other words, if "Main" cell B3 contains 3780, I want to put the value from "Names" cell A3780 into "Main" C3. How do I do this please? Richard --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi tr...

Can't access hotmail using Outlook Connector for MSN
I can't seem to download anything from my hotmail account into Outlook after setting up a link with Outlook Connector for MSN. Anyone have any ideas? ...

Use Money 2002 Files in Money 2008
HI, How can I convert or use my Money 2002 files in Money 2008 Trial. Thanks. -- Smith Assuming that M2002 and M2008 are both from the same geography you just install M2008, navigate to the .mny file and double click on the file name. If M2002 is non-US version, the quick answer is "you don't". :-( -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For unofficial FAQs see http://money.mvps.org/ or http://umpmfaq.info/ I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "Smith" <Smith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6962F8A...

MAPI Failure message using 2007 word
-- JOHN HASKINS I keep getting this error message when I try to send a document from Word 2007 to my Outlook Email Client, which is my default email setup. I followed the recommended steps that help feature suggested, but that did not work by saving the document then closing and also closing Outlook, which was when word would restart it would start a new MAPI Session. No Go! What much I do. All other applications and software allow me to send to my email client except Office. ...

Make your site eazy to use.
A year or two ago I use to be able to get on CustomerSource very eazily and get information and articles I needed. Now it took me 15 minutes just to sign on. Then I could not find an article about opening a new year or closing 2005. How simple should something that basic be? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreade...

To auto-fill using names no longer in address
Is there a way to remove the names for the auto fill feature that are no longer in the address book or contact list? If they are selected the properties for the entry states name is no longer valid Address Book entry. Thanks. State your Outlook version and what you mean by "autofill." Outlook has two different functions this could be: autoresolution or autocompletion. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Ernie C" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:04e601c4913a$f07a15c0$7d02280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to remove the names for the au...

Using Contact's Categories to set message categories
Is there any way to have a rule that sets an incoming message category to the categor(ies) that the sender of the message is assign to in my contacts list? In other words, I have 'George Washington' in my contacts list. George has a category of 'prez' assigned to him. When I get a message from George, I'd like that message to be assigned the category of 'prez' as well. I know I can manually setup a rule to do this for specific contacts, but it would be so much more useful to manage the rule's behavior by setting categories in the contact list. No. Here&...

Use this internet package
--izytvhgodf Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="zqzdzynieuqqee"; type="multipart/alternative" --zqzdzynieuqqee Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="fezlepmdc" --fezlepmdc Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to maintain the security of your computer from these vulnerab...

create a report using vba to select the names for the report
Hi, I need to create a report of selected Customers, I have gone as far as creating a string with customer names in it. Whats next? sample = Selected_Customer_Names= [ABC], [test], [New], [A New One] ...... and so on. Is this correct for the report and/or how do i open the report with the above only listed? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 03:47:34 GMT, "trevorC via AccessMonster.com" <u44860@uwe> wrote: >Hi, >I need to create a report of selected Customers, I have gone as far as >creating a string with ...

can't access all of my back up after using Osirius program
Hi, I have Windows XP with Outlook 2003. I have backed up my massive amount of emails (400MB) using Outlook Backup from Osirius. Having used this program for smaller amounts of emails with no problems before I then placed the backup onto a disc and formatted the drive. After loading XP and Outlook back on I then tried to restore my backup using the same program. But it runs through the restore procedure without any problems and when I open Outlook up again most of the emails are not there. Outlook Backup has restored my deleted items and my sent items and also all of my accounts as th...

Detailed Time Sheet (overtime, comp time, vacation used)
I need to track in time, out time, in time, out time, overtime, vacation totals (received/used), comp received, comp used, and so. I would recommend to write all the headers on row 1, and start entering the data on row 2. Any column that is a calculation, enter a formula (for example, if column E is the difference of column D and C, enter "=D2-C2") and format the cells as you want the data to be presented (date/time, number, etc.) Hope this helps, Miguel. "Robert D. Sandersfeld" wrote: > I need to track in time, out time, in time, out time, overtime, vacation ...

Using IF for conditional formatting?
Need help with displaying blank cells when formulas are inside. The formulas would display a value if the contents of a source cell is filled in. I'm attempting to use in the formula cells(like B2): IF(A2="","",A2*5) If A2 is null, then display blank in B2, else calculate A2 * 5. Is this the best approach to keeping formula cells clear until data is entered? Thanks!!!! Yes -- For everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup. Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Barb" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:fd0201c4...

Error
I have two investment accounts. Both have the same stock. When I enter the symbol in the second account, I get an Error Message "Symbol in Use." Anyone know why this occurs and how two investment accounts can hold the same stock. When asked for the symbol, don't type it in but use the drop down menu. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions mnyukwsh@microsoft.com "Scott" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:06d701c39540$e8...

Anyone Else Use Database Query to Query Another Sheet in the Same Excel Workbook?
Wow! I tried this out, and it seems to work beautifully. It's odd, though, that I haven't seen this technique mentioned in any of the several Excel references that I've looked at. Basically, I have a workbook with several worksheets...one worksheet contains a large list with all the records. I wanted to set up the other worksheets to have certain functions...I wanted them to use only certain columns from the main list, and to contain only certain records from the main list that met specified conditions. This is the best solution I have found so far - i.e., creating database q...

Exchange Recovery for test environment
Hi, I plan to build an Exchange 2000 test lab which replicas our current production environment. The current production environment has Windows 2000 Advanced Server Active Directory and a Windows 2000 Advanced member server running Exchange 2000 Enterprise Edition. What is the process of duplicating the current production environment and implement to the test lab for restoring 6 months old DB from backup tapes? Thanks, Kyle here you go: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2000/library/MRFME2KS. mspx "Kyle" <kylenguyen@prontomail.com> wrote in message ...

Using XmlRootAttribute for deserialization
I've seen this come up before, but in my case, things are a little more complex, and I'm having a tough time figuring out how to set an element name that works. I have a configuration file that is my serialized object (I'm using a customer deserializer to add some more XAML-like capabilities): <AppConfigObject> <RuntimeType:Kernel xmlns:RuntimeType="MyNamespace.DefaultKernel, Kernel"/> </AppConfigObject> public class AppConfigObject { [XmlElement] public Kernel {...} } Problem I have is deserializing the child node <Kernel> because it al...

How do I use text in a cell as a range name in a formula
If cell A1 had the text TEST in it and TEST is the name I have given to a group of cells using the name box what formula can I use to give me the sum of TEST, thats is the sum of the cells in the group called TEST. I understand that I can simply have =SUM(TEST), but I want the formula to refer to Cell A1 to get the name ie =SUM(A1) doesn't work obviously Any help appreciated Thank you In this case, you want to use the INDIRECT function. E.g., =SUM(INDIRECT(A1)) -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Kiwi" &...

test #15
test only ...

how to use power point
I am trying to use my power point for the first time and am clueless on how to do it, can you give me instructions on how to use it? "sara benson" wrote: > I am trying to use my power point for the first time > and am clueless That is an understatement. Try posting in a PPt newsgroup. Sara Try a powerpoint news group. Here's a list to all microsoft news groups(with links). http://aumha.org/nntp.htm Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 20:04:02 -0800, "sara benson" <sara benson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am trying to use my power...

Can conditional formatting be used where .....
Can conditional formatting be used where text is included with numbers. Let me explain by example. A1 = flex 358 A2 = B, 358 A3 = R-U, 354 When A2:A3 numbers do not corresponds to A1 number then highlight cell. Therefore A3 in this example should be highlighted. A1:A3 quantities are the result of a formula. You could, for example, use CF/ Formula is: =RIGHT(A2,LEN(A2)-FIND(" ",A2))<>RIGHT(A$1,LEN(A$1)-FIND(" ",A$1)) -- David Biddulph "Gotroots" <Gotroots@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A60A2636-0583-4BB9-...