Splitting one table into multiple tables/tabs

Hi

I was wondering if anyone can help me split a table into multiple tables or
tabs.

If I have a table of 20 customers with various transactions over time all in
one table.  I'd like to know if it's possible to seperate the table into
multiple tables based on the change in customer number and have them broken
into multiple tabs without manually creating each tab and then cut and
pasting.

I really appreciate any help!

Thanks!

0
Frank
7/23/2003 4:24:52 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Form
Hi, I am in the process of building an image database. I am almost done with my database. I included a field in a form which is not in my parent table. Now I need to include it in the table. Can somebody explain me how to do it? Thank you verymuch! I assume that the form is bounded aleady to the main table. 1. Open the table in design view and add the field you want 2. Open the form in design view 3. Open the form properties, by clicking on the top left corner of the form 4. Put the cursor in the RecordSource property of the form, on the right you'll see a button with three dots, cli...

simple HTML table generator
Greetings: I need a simple HTML table generator. I'm not proficient in VBA so can't write one from scratch myself. Microsoft provide one for use with excel97, but it no longer functions on newer versions. I need a "bare bones" table generator (i.e. no CSS) that will take a named range and convert it to a HTML table. The only formating other than <TR> and <TD> I want is cell background and font colors, period. Does anyone have such a function, or know where I can get one? Thanks, Scott ...

Inconsistent outgoing messages to one domain
Greetings. Since we've installed SP2 on Microsoft Exchange 2003, we are having problems emailing a particular domain. If I use the Message Tracking Tool to monitor the email status we get two results. The first is, the last line has "This message transferred to <server name> through SMTP (1031). The other result is, "This message transferred to through SMTP (The server name is missing). If the message has the server name in it, the message is being sent and recieved, but if the line doesn't have the server name the message may or may not be delivered. Also, if we...

Two domains and two users
(1) I have domain A and domain B (2) I have user A in domain A and user A in domain B (basically same user name but created at different time - different SIDS) (3) I want to remove domain A but copy user A SID info into user A of domain B - basically merge the SID of two accounts into domain B Question: ======= (1) How do I merge two accounts together into one account - merge SIDS of two accounts into one account? I HAVE NO Option such as delete destination account and recreate so PLEASE do not provide me that alternative or explanation - even if it is the easiest. Thank you k...

Formula for current month minus one = Quarter number in a macro.
I have a macro that does several things. The last step should be to save the file to a network drive with a name and quarter number appended to it. The file save command I have got is: - ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:= _ "Y:\Skip Register\Quarterly Charging Period ?", FileFormat:=xlExcel9795, _ Password:="", WriteResPassword:="", ReadOnlyRecommended:=False, CreateBackup:=False The ? in the file name should be substituted by the formula as described below. The macro is to be run in the month following a quarter (i.e. run macro in April to get Quar...

How to set up multiple users with same email account
I currently have the following set up on my XP Home SP3 using Outlook Express 2 user accounts on XP (mine and my wife's) 3 email accounts - all from one ISP (pop3) - (one for me only, one for my wife only, one for both of us) The address book is shared out to all email accounts. As Outlook Express is not supported in Windows 7 and I am not too keen on Windows Live Mail, I was thinking of moving over to Outlook 2003 (which I also have). Is it possible to set up the same construct I have with OE using Outlook 2003 and how is such a thing possible. I have seen articles ...

Tab windows in SDI
I wish to create a tabbed window using CTabCtrl in an SDI application, where each of the tabbed windows is actually a class derived from CView class. Is there a way to do this? If not what would be a better way to do this? Any help will be really appreciated. Thanks Riya wrote: > I wish to create a tabbed window using CTabCtrl in an SDI application, > where each of the tabbed windows is actually a class derived from CView > class. > > Is there a way to do this? If not what would be a better way to do > this? Any help will be really appreciated. > > Thanks > I...

multiple payable/purchase daybook
In Belgium we are used to work with daybooks. From the payables/purchase side it is not possible to have more than 1 daybook, because there is only one voucher number series. Anyone knows if there are add ons for this? Other suggestions? Hi pvbe, Thanks for your question. Are you talking about VAT daybook functionality in Belgium? If so, I will continue to offer assistance with setup. Thanks, Jonny --- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "pvbe" wrote: > In Belgium we are used to work with daybooks. > From the payabl...

exporting Outlook Express on one PC...
to Outlook on a PC Tablet How does one go about exporting then importing? Do you need a separate program to do this? You must follow instructions for transferring from one installation of OE to the other first. Only then can you import into Outlook. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Paul Currie" <pwc@sasktel.net> wrote in message news:126ces4t34q6f30@corp.supernews.com... > to Outlook on a PC Tablet > How does one go about exporting then importing? Do you need a separate > program to do this? ...

View one record at a time in a report.
I am new to access. I created a report from a table using the wizard. When I view the report, I only want to see one given record at a time - not all records. How do I do this? Thank you Ron The easiest way is to start from a form, where you bring up the record you want to see. Then put a command button on the form, to open the report to just that one record. Here's the code you need for the command button: Print the record in the form at: http://allenbrowne.com/casu-15.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne...

Can I make a graph using several tabs in an excel spreadsheet
This might be what you're looking for: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ChartFromDiffSheets.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services - Tutorials and Custom Solutions - http://PeltierTech.com/ 2006 Excel User Conference, 19-21 April, Atlantic City, NJ http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ExcelUserConf06.html _______ "Sheila" <Sheila@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B348DD7D-61C5-48E8-B47B-D8ACC79E7723@microsoft.com... > ...

Converting to an efficient set of tables
I was handed down an Excel file consisting of 47,000 rows and 20+ columns of data. In each column, there is an enormous amount of repetition. The file is over 20 MB and runs slowly. Because of reasons beyond my control at work, I cannot use MS Access to handle this data. So, I would like to create several tables containing the unique values that repeat so frequently and essentially structure the data like I would in Access with various relationships between fields. How can I (at least somewhat) automate this task to replace the cell values with references to another cell on another s...

populating an Access table from a text file
A text file has data in a format like the below: Title1 Cell 1 data Title 2 Cell 2 data Title 3 Cell 3 data .. .. .. Title 10 Cell 10 data Title 11 Cell 11 data .. .. .. Title 15 Cell 15 data .. .. .. Title N Cell N data I guess I can read this using some VBA code posted at http://www.mvps.org/access/modules/mdl0057.htm and http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/readtextfile.htm, add an Instr function to it so that when I read the text file, I know when to insert the data properly in the table. 1. Is there another way I can directly import the data into an Access 2...

help regading date tracking across tables
It is required of me to validate a date of birth entry into a table named adminmast between the limits given as udate and ldate in another table named as classdetails. I will specify the whole thing : User is supposed to enter a class and then a date of birth into a form/ table, as soon as he enters the DOB the value entered should be validated in the following manner. If it is class I then the Ldate and Udate from the table class details should be treated as the lower and upper limits for the DOB recordwise similarly for all other classes these should take place recordwise the structure of t...

Countif accross multiple questions.
Hi folks, I know this has been asked and answered, but I could not get it working. I thought I would ask my specific problem. I have a excel spreadsheet with a detail sheet containing columns. One column is Inventoried whose values are TRUE or FALSE. Another column is PRICE which could be 0 or any number like 5.35. In anoher sheet I want a summary. I have one cell that is inventoried (=COUNTIF('INVENTORY'!E:E,"TRUE" I need another Cell that will be Unpriced inventory which is the number if Inventoried = 'TRUE' and price = 0. I tried the sumproduct but keep get...

how do I set up an annual calendar on one worksheet
I need a tempplate to set up on one worksheet an annual calendar with days of the week, months and date numbers. I havae to set up a calendar that has recurring dates e.g. evry 3rd Weds in Feb, 4th Tues in may etc ANy help would be appreciated on all or some of the above start here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/results.aspx?Scope=TC&Query=calendar -- Gary''s Student "Ian Dee" wrote: > I need a tempplate to set up on one worksheet an annual calendar with days of > the week, months and date numbers. > I havae to set up a calendar that has recurring ...

Money 2004
For some reason my transactions are being categorized but not tracked in one account. It's an AEX account which I use for most of my purchases. I have no idea what I did, but now, when I enter a transaction with category, etc...my thermometer doesn't register the additional transaction and it doesn't show in my budget! When I enter the same transaction in any other account, it shows. Anyone know how to fix this? It was working fine, but I must've done something. Appreciate any response. Phil Roos Go figure...after searching for hours for a solution...me typing this po...

Strage function in worksheet {=TABLE(I64,)}
I am attempting to understand what appears to be a custom function in a workbook I was given, author unknown. It seems to be some type of index or look up but their is no help on it or macro defined for it. has anyone used or familiar with this? If you need more information I would be happy to provide it. {=TABLE(I64,)} Thanks, Mark On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 19:30:25 -0600, "mkadon" <mkadon@hotmail.com> wrote: >I am attempting to understand what appears to be a custom function in a >workbook I was given, author unknown. It seems to be some type of index or >look up...

How do you rotate a table of excel data from horizontal to vertic.
I just want to take a table of 2 rows by 100 columns and turn it into a 2 column table. How can I do this? hi, copy a row. Select a cell where you want to put the column. edit>paste special>transpose.(towards the bottom of the paste special form) the row in now a column. do that with the other row. >-----Original Message----- >I just want to take a table of 2 rows by 100 columns and turn it into a 2 >column table. How can I do this? >. > Select the whole set of cells (say it's A1:CV2), Edit/Copy it, then select A3, Edit/Paste Special and select the Transpose ...

Unable to bring back all results from table with query
For a uni assignment we have a designated query that we have to create. But when I run the query, I get one result returned to me. I should have two returned to me, as I have two records in the Problem table. The SQL is:- SELECT Problem.[Problem Number], User.[User ID], User.[User Name], User.[Job Title], User.Email, User.[Telephone No], Asset.[Asset Code No], Problem.[Problem Description], Problem.[Current Activity Log], Problem.[Solution Description] FROM [User] INNER JOIN ((Asset INNER JOIN Problem ON Asset.[Asset Code No] = Problem.[Asset Code No]) INNER JOIN [Contact Log]...

OWA and multiple Exchange Servers
Hi, I'll first sketch my situation: 3 Exchange-servers (exch1,2 and 3), all in the same domain but on differtent locations. Local Domain Name is clientname.local. On one of the servers OWA is configured. Problem: I want all users to use exch1 as their OWA server, regardless of on wich server they actually have their mailbox. It works fine now for users on exch1.clientname.local (wich also has an external DSN entry on the internet (https://companyname.nl/exchange)), but as soon as users that exist on any of the other servers try to log in they get redirect to eg. http://exch2.clientname....

Running Excel Pivot Table with Local cube on http:// Sub-Web???
Hello I have a SQL 2000 local cube that I created on my computer that is accessed by an Excel (XP) pivot table workbook. I would like to place & run both on a secure sub-web on my company http:// website. Both files were FTP'ed to the sub-web successfully. When opening the Excel file I am prompted for the local cube: the prompt is referencing the cube location on my computer where it was originally created with SQL 2000. I am unable to point it to the sub-web location. It appears that the Excel workbook has hard coded the original cube location back to my computer. Is there a way ...

displaying a table on a form so that we can insert a new record at any place rather that at the end
how can i display the table on a form so that the user is able to insert a new record not only in the last, but also in any place of his desire. he must be able to insert a new record even before the first record. how can i accomplish this? can any body help me out please........ hi Ravindar, ravindar thati wrote: > how can i display the table on a form so that the user is able to > insert a new record not only in the last, but also in any place of his > desire. he must be able to insert a new record even before the first > record. Tables in Access (in a database) are a differen...

Can one access newsgroups from Outlook?
thanks In a way, yes. It calls for Outlook Express for this action. see: Outlookhelp - Support for Microsoft Office Outlook http://www.howto-outlook.com/Faq/news.htm "d p" <dp25@access-4-free.com> wrote in message news:%23ZttKlS9EHA.2196@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > thanks > > Thanks so much Walt ... a life saver. "Walt Basil" <see_signature@for_address.com> wrote in message news:#WV4VzS9EHA.2676@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > In a way, yes. It calls for Outlook Express for this action. > > see: > Outlookhelp - Support for Microsoft Offic...

Multiple logins
Here is the scenario: My Fiancee & I share some of the same accounts. When she logs into the bank, she can see our joint accounts plus her personal accounts. The same for me. The issue is when I set Money up to pull from the bank, I get two of the same account. If I try to delete one of the duplicates, it tells me it has to delete all accounts from that login (including the history). I do not want to do this, but what can I do to save my sanity? Thanks! ...