Splitting First and Last Names

I have a spreadsheet where the Name feild contains both first and last
names. I want to split this into two fields. How can I do this?

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi
use 'Data - Text to<columns' for this

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Jamie wrote:
> I have a spreadsheet where the Name feild contains both first and
last
> names. I want to split this into two fields. How can I do this?

0
frank.kabel (11126)
11/15/2004 5:16:33 PM
"Jamie" <pastorjman310@hotmail.com> wrote

>I have a spreadsheet where the Name feild contains both
>first and last
> names. I want to split this into two fields. How can I do
> this?
Assuming that everybody has a first and a last name and that
a single space separates the first name from the last:

Let B1 =LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1)-1)
Let C1 =RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-FIND(" ",A1))

If you enter "Winston Churchill" in A1, B1 will show
"Winston" and C1 will show "Churchill".

Is that what you want to do?

--
Bob