Sorting Data #5

Is there formula or anyway to be able sort the below data into a format that
I could create a pivot table on? I spend to many hours doing this every month.

Invoice #:	12345	Invoice Date:	1/16/1950	A/P Code:	ABC
Due Date:	1/16/1950	Total Payable:	$100.00 	Reference:	Freight:
Account #:	1234	Description:	Name Reference 1	Amount:	$100.00
Account #:	4321	Description:	Name Reference 2	Amount:	$100.00
Account #:	9876	Description:	Name Reference 3	Amount:	$100.00

Any help would be much appreciated!!

0
mark564 (750)
3/20/2008 1:51:01 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You need to show a Before and After version.
You still might not get any help, but your chances will be better.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Mark"
wrote in message
Is there formula or anyway to be able sort the below data into a format that
I could create a pivot table on? I spend to many hours doing this every month.

Invoice #: 12345 Invoice Date: 1/16/1950 A/P Code: ABC
Due Date: 1/16/1950 Total Payable: $100.00 Reference: Freight:
Account #: 1234 Description: Name Reference 1 Amount: $100.00
Account #: 4321 Description: Name Reference 2 Amount: $100.00
Account #: 9876 Description: Name Reference 3 Amount: $100.00

Any help would be much appreciated!!

0
jim.coneXXX (771)

GUID Data type
What is the GUID data type in MS access 2003? I need it to create SQL statements to SQL db. Thanks. -- Tom Perkins I Like MS Access You can use: - GUID in a DDL query statement; - dbGUID in DAO code; - adGUID in ADOX code. For a reference on the various names for the standard JET field types, see: Field type names at: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-49.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia. Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Tom Perkins Indy" <tperkins81@hotmail.co...

Ex5.5 org and new Ex2003, MTA will not start
I have an exchange 5.5 org with two servers. Now I've added an exchange 2003. I followed microsofts documentation (ADC, forestprep, domainprep) and everything went smooth. But the new server won't start the mta service. I have the exactly the same problem as it is written here: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=840470 I also followed this doc. Removing exchange and IIS and reinstall. But the problem still persists. I searched the web and the groups, a few people seems to have the same problem, but I haven't found a solution. I have no idea where to start. Any idea? Any er...

backup #5
in money 2002 i cannot change my 14 day backup option to a cd instead of the 3.5" floppy. Is it possible to do this or am I stuck browsing for the drive under hard drive? In microsoft.public.money, Karl wrote: >in money 2002 i cannot change my 14 day backup option to >a cd instead of the 3.5" floppy. Is it possible to do >this or am I stuck browsing for the drive under hard >drive? You cannot do what you think you want. "Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message news:avbq90p3addh43qfro2ci9f0gbhfibo8j1@4ax.com... > In mi...

Consolidating Data between worksheets that removes dulicates
I am interested in tracking lab values that my staff enter into a daily worksheet. I would like to compile monthly percentages (% low, % in range, % high) but sometimes it is necessary to have duplicate data on consecutive worksheets for my staff's workflow. These duplicate values will cause my percentages (and absolute numbers) to be incorrect if I just sum between the worksheets. Does anyone have a solution? Thank you, Jody ...

Splitting data within a cell
Is it possible if you have two seperate types of data in one cell over a wide range to automatically seperate the two. For example if I have $400 5/30/82 in the same cell and they are about 2 spaces apart, can I seperate them by a few more spaces without having to go in there and spacebar them apart? Thanks for the help. Select your cells and do a Edit/Replace: Find what: <single space> Replace with: <two spaces> In article <0b3101c377b7$2c31af40$a601280a@phx.gbl>, "Todd" <todd@yahoo.com> wrote: > Is it possible if you have two seperate...

Reading data into a 2 dimensional array
My original post on this appears to have disappeared, so here goes again. I want to do some complex analysis on some data in a spreadsheet. I would like to use a macro but don't know how to 'read' the data from the spreadsheet into a 2 dimensional array. Back in the old days of programming in GWBASIC, I would have used lines as follows : DIM TABLE(100,40) FOR I = 1 TO 100 : FOR J= 1 TO 4 READ TABLE(I,J) NEXT J: NEXT I I know that macros can handle FOR/NEXT loops but what about getting the data from a range say A1:D100 Thanks again in advance Under Pressu...

How do I import data from ACT! into Excel ?

I cannot get a column of data to paste into a new workbook
I am simply trying to paste one column of data from one workbook to another and I keep getting an error message that the copy cannot be pasted because the copy area and the paste area are not the same size and shape. What am I doing wrong? I thought this should be a simple function to perform. Can anyone please help because I am doing a project and am stuck! hi are there any merged cells in the copied range? regards FSt1 "Ian Fleming" wrote: > I am simply trying to paste one column of data from one workbook to another > and I keep getting an error message that the copy...

Cell Format changes when data is cut from cells
I have a formated worksheet that I use to print data to pre-printed forms. Each column of the worksheet is formated for Font, Alignment etc. When I cut information from one area of the worksheet to another, the formatting in the cells that I have "cut from" seems to revert back to default values. Is there any way to prevent the formatting from going back to defaults? The simplest answer is you'll have to add an additional step. Instead of "Cut", use "Copy", then go back and use "ClearContents" on the original.. -- HTH, RD -----------------...

When I add data to my chart it changes my chart type-Help!!!
I cannot get my chart to stay the same chart type when I add data for March. My co-worker can do it on her computer. I am wondering if one of my settings is different from hers. Can you help? Thanks, Jessica Jessica - No, I cannot help. And I doubt that anyone else can help. Unless you describe the worksheet data, the original chart type, the new data you are adding to the chart, and the new chart type. - Mike www.mikemiddleton.com "Jbear" <Jbear@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D52C352C-B5DE-4E0D-AB6F-58848A3A3D59@microsoft.com... >I cannot get my...

macro error #5
I am using this simple macro: (because i am a simple person) sub reset() ActiveSheet.ShowAllData end sub It resets all the filters on the sheet. It works fine, apart from i get an error message if all the filters ar already reset. Is there any way of stoping this error? Thanks in advance Rober -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You could either have: On error resume next or trap the error and analyse it with On error goto Err_Handle and add line name Err_handle: with the way you want the error to b handled. For such a simple sub I would recommend the first option. ...

Mailbox Manager Question #5
Exchange 2003, I have several policies set up in Mailbox Manager, when it runs it looks like I get an separate email report on each policy. For several months now, only a couple report shows things are being deleted, the rest are all 0. Some of the retention policies are only 7 days, so something is wrong. My question is, how can I tell which email report goes with which policy? There doesn't seem to be a clue in the message as to what policy it's for. ...

How can I stop data labels reverting to a default position
I change the alignment of my data labels and save my chart. When I reopen the workbbok my data labels revert to their origional position.How do I stop this from happening. ...

Data Cell Formula
Hi, Wondering if someone can assist please... We have a table that has the following calculation in it: =SUM(B10*60+C10)/60*E7 Which is determining the cost of a phone call using minutes, seconds and rate per second. What I need to be able to do is say that the above calculation is correct, unless the total is less than x amount (ie, .37), then that total should equal 37. This is the current train of thought, which is obviously wrong.... =SUM(B10*60+C10)/60*E7+IF(B10=0,,+E6)+IF(B10=0,,+E5)+IF(B10<=14,,(B10-15)*E4)+IF(B10>=10,+E3,) TIA Submitted via EggHeadCafe - ...

Help: copy old ss data to new ss, with row mis-alignment
Help, Daily I create a spreadsheet from a database, In column "A" are "Item Numbers" in random order. I insert a 'new' column in front of column 'A', where I type text comments as I receive verbal updates during the day. The next day, I generate a new spreadsheet from the database whose "Item Numbers" may OR, may not have been on yesterdays spreadsheet. Currently, my routine is to copy-n-paste yesterdays comments into this new version which is a pain and time consuming. QUESTION; Can someone provide the formula, that if there is a match ...

Automatic down cell after data entry
Is it possible to have excel go to the next cell automatically after a entry to a cell. ie. input a number 1,2,3,4, or 5, and automaticall the next cell would become active without having to hit the enter o down arrow key? :confused -- batti0 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- batti03's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1477 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26396 Hi batti03 Excel is smart but it don't know when you are ready. Maybe you enter a 1 digit number and maybe a 10...

Multi-User Access to Data in Outlook
In the office where I work, we manually track data that comes in via fax and email on a hand-written log. Does anybody know how to place that log into MS Outlook so that everyone in the office can access the data. Currently, if a client calls for the status on a particular file, who ever answers the call must track down the log book. If the information was somehow available in Outlook, then all they would have to do was open the folder and check the status. Any ideas? Wolfman566 <Wolfman566@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > In the office where I work, we manually track data t...

service pack 4 for 5.5
I'm about to install sp4 for xchange 5.5 and was wondering if there is any prep work that i need to do first before the install. Just dont wanna get it wrong and have to spend a week fixing it all. Have heard that it needs to be done from DOS. This true? or can it be done through windows? If anyone knows of a step by step guide, that would be nice, or is it simply a case of shutting down xchange services, and running the update.exe file?? Thanks in advance for any help. Sean. It is always recommended to have a good backup in place prior to applying a service pack and then take another b...

5.5 and 2k3 coexistence
Hi, I was wondering if anyone had experience with this situation. Scenario: 1 2k3 Domain at 2k native Domain functional level 1 NT 4.0 Domain with two-way external trust with the 2k3 Domain. 1 Exch 5.5 SP4 server in the NT Domain. I have used ADMT 2.0 and successfully migrated all users and groups with SIDHistory intact. A user can log onto either Domain and access his/her mailbox. ( shows SIDhistory is working ) Now, what I am trying to slowly do is migrate the whole org to 2k3. Only a few ( 5%) computer accounts have been migrated to the 2k3 Domain and only those users are currently lo...

Exchange 5.5 post sp4 fixes
Hello, all! I am going to install 5.5 sp4 and have noticed several post sp4 hotfixes. Is there one main hotfix rollup package I can install w/o having to do them separately, i.e., information store fix, owa fix, cdo fix, etc.? I find this confusing. Your replies are greatly appreciated. Thank you! ...

Excel data merging across excel files and matching field data
I have two excel files each has unique data 1st file: SS, Last Name, First Name... 2nd file: Last Name, First Name, Employee Number I need to copy Employee Number from the 2nd file to the corresponding employee. An employee may be listed more than once in file 1. Thank you , Lorinc EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.eggheadcafe.com I would assume that the possibility that you might have a Tom Jones *and* a John Jones does exist, so you should check *both* first and last names. Enter this *array* formula in D2 of Sheet1: =INDEX(Sheet2!C$2:C$20,MATCH(1,(She...

Simplified Data Entry?
OK. Here's what I'd like to do. 1) Have a particular set of cells only allow 2 digit numeric data. 2) After the 2nd digit is entered auto-magically tab to the next field in the "table" without hitting th Tab or Enter keys. So, you might enter: 011653148902 And your results would be: A B C 1 01 16 53 2 14 89 02 Make sense? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Dan, You have some heads-down data entry going on here! I don't think this can be done with data that's b...

I need to analyse data across a number of filtered columns
I have a large amount of data on a worksheet.. basically I want to record a macro so that each time I open the workbook it will filter out what info I need and perform a basic count of the rows of info there. Check out the Autofilter, and the SUBTOTAL function. "Hannah" wrote: > I have a large amount of data on a worksheet.. basically I want to record a > macro so that each time I open the workbook it will filter out what info I > need and perform a basic count of the rows of info there. ...

Outlook Express Error Message #5
I need help. I use outlook express to receive and send email messages. I continue to get error messages that say "Problem logging into your mail server-Password was rejected-Account'mail.comcast.net(1) Server:mail.comcast.net Protocol: POP3 Server Response ' ERR directory status' Bad Password Port:11 Secure (SSC) Server Error 0x800CCC90 Error Number 0x800CCC92 I have tried to change and reset my password through Comcast to no avail. Comcast say's it's a Microsoft issue? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks. I have this problem too. I've tried all...

Deleting all data from B_E database tables. (AC2003)
Hi all, Im trying to write a query so that all data in all but two tables is deleted, not the tables themselves only the data. I keep getting these errors when im trying to build a suitable query.. COULD NOT DELETE FROM SPECIFIED TABLES or TOO MANY FIELDS DEFINED With any luck i'd like to able to have this query run automatically each day is there any way to do that or do i have to repost in vba section? Thanks for reading!! We aren't there. We can't see what you've already tried. Please post the SQL statement of one of your DELETE queries. -- Regards Jeff ...