Sorting Data #5

Is there formula or anyway to be able sort the below data into a format that
I could create a pivot table on? I spend to many hours doing this every month.

Invoice #:	12345	Invoice Date:	1/16/1950	A/P Code:	ABC
Due Date:	1/16/1950	Total Payable:	$100.00 	Reference:	Freight:
Account #:	1234	Description:	Name Reference 1	Amount:	$100.00
Account #:	4321	Description:	Name Reference 2	Amount:	$100.00
Account #:	9876	Description:	Name Reference 3	Amount:	$100.00

Any help would be much appreciated!!

0
mark564 (750)
3/20/2008 1:51:01 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You need to show a Before and After version.
You still might not get any help, but your chances will be better.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Mark"
wrote in message
Is there formula or anyway to be able sort the below data into a format that
I could create a pivot table on? I spend to many hours doing this every month.

Invoice #: 12345 Invoice Date: 1/16/1950 A/P Code: ABC
Due Date: 1/16/1950 Total Payable: $100.00 Reference: Freight:
Account #: 1234 Description: Name Reference 1 Amount: $100.00
Account #: 4321 Description: Name Reference 2 Amount: $100.00
Account #: 9876 Description: Name Reference 3 Amount: $100.00

Any help would be much appreciated!!

0
jim.coneXXX (771)

Creating a form to enter data
I would like to be able to create a FORM on say sheet one. I would like to have about ten fields on the form I would like to then have a SUBMIT button which takes the data from the field and enters it into say sheet two. (Each column being a different field and each row being a seperate record.) Am able to do this in Access2003, but haven't used Excel for anything other than simple finances up-to-date. Hope you can help Daniel -- iPod's ROCK! Hi Look here http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy1.htm Use a row on the bottom of your form( you can hide that row) Add formula links (=c3...

All Caps when data entered?
Hi, Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me. Is there a way to make a colums where the cells are all ALL CAPS... even if the data is put in in lower case... I have a sheet I am working on where I input codes in the format: DFG-103-A I want to make it where if someone inputs: dfg-103-a it automatically changes it to: DFG-103-A Is this possible? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) On Error GoTo ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents = False With Target If .Column = 1 Then .Value = UCase...

Lost inbox #5
My friend disconnected his computer from work and brought it home. Without logging on, he opened Outlook Express and tried to find his mail but an old inbox is the only thing available. Does he have to be logged on to his ISP to access his inbox or is it stored on his hard drive somewhere? He's running Win98 with Outlook Express 5 (maybe). I found an inbox on his hard drive but he swears it is an older one and not the latest. Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. ...

Transforming Data
Consider the the below example: Sheet1: (This is what I have) A B C D E F 1 x x x y y y 2 x x x y y y 3 x x x y y y 4 x x x y y y 5 x x x y y y *Sheet2: (This is how I want it to be) A B C 1 x x x 2 y y y 3 x x x 4 y y y 5 x x x 6 y y y 7 x x x 8 y y y 9 x x x 10 y y y * Sheet2 links with Sheet1 Hope this illustrates my problem.....and I am sure you must have some sol...

Date List for Data Entry
Is there some way to insert that date box in a cell to pick a date like I can make a list for data entry? Thanks Jerry If you want to have a pop-up calendar when you select a cell see Ron de Bruin's site. http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 15:06:31 -0500, jerry.ranch@pioneer.com wrote: >Is there some way to insert that date box in a cell to pick a date >like I can make a list for data entry? >Thanks >Jerry ...

Copy data from on table to another ?
I have lost a lot of data in my backend, but it is only data from a few columns, in one tabel, that I have lost. My tabel is called taCustemor, and the columns in that table is called fakFirm, fakAdress. I have use a custemornumber as a primarykey. So now I want to copy only these columns from my backup of the backend to my backend in use. I'm sure that I can do this buy using SQL, but I'm not sure how to make this querie. Can some one out there help me ? You want to use an append query. See Help file for info. In the database where you want the data to be when you're done, ...

Data Collection Via E Mail
Is there any way to edit the field labels on a Data Collection via E mail Form? A2007 collecting data via Outlook. I selected the fields I need whiledesigning the form, and added a brief explanation in each field label - one typo in one field label is set to cost me the re-design of the entire form. I see Resend option, but no option to edit the form. Perhaps if someone knows if and where the form is stored I might be able to edit the fields. Thanks is advance for any help. Tom, As far as I know the email with the HTML-form is made 'on the fly'. Only when you use InfoPath yo...

Updating outlook express 5
I want to upadte my outlook express 5 to a 6. can anybody give me a quick run down of what to do? Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: -Create your own fully customized Toolbar Subscribe to...

Data file size so large
My wife has been using Publisher 2000. She makes a document for her nursery school. The document is only about 20 pages but the file grows to an enormous size (like way over 1 gigabyte) during the develpment process of making the document. It does have lots of pictues but they are typically 50 to 100K in size. To me it seems that the program is doing a terrible job of managing the file and maybe keeping old deleted stuff in it. Right now on a Pentium III/500 it takes forever to open and edit files. She has broken the document into four separate files but even those are so large that sh...

Sorting #27
I have a to column of numbers like this 1 value1 2 value2 3 value3 4 value4 1 value5 2 value 6 3 value 7 4 value 8 1 value 9 .. and so on. I want to chart the values in a common 2d time - valu way, which in this case not is straightforward because the duration o the values are determined by which category they belong to. Now al values have a duration of 1, which is not the case. The leftmos numbers indicates the category that the corresponding value belong t (1, 2, 3 or 4). The different categories have properties like this 1 20% 2 40% 3 30% 4 60% , meaning that the duration of all values...

how do I make a graph with one very large piece of data
I am trying to make a graph in Excel with mostly small numbers for data, but with one large number. The graph does not display well. Is there a way to break up that large number so that the small numbers show up too. eg Hockey 3 Soccer 2 Basketball 3 Football 59 There is no really "good" way Some suggestions are 1) Put football on a secondary axis 2) Use a log scale 3) Set the maximum y scale value to a small number (5, say) and add a text box to state that football is 59 I favour #3 best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "...

Charting every 5th line of data in excel.
Does anyone know of a macro or other way of charting every 5th line of data in excel? I do not want to delete the data, but I want to chart the entire data and there's too many data points, so I want to chart every 5th line yet keep the total data for reference. Hi Diane I would do the following: - create a helper range for charting - in row one insert the formula =OFFSET($A$1,(ROW()-1)*5,0) and copy this down to create a helper range with every 5th column - use this helper column as chart source -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Diane" <Diane.Pezewski@milwaukeetoo...

consolidating data and linking data
Hi Can someone explain the difference between linking data from separate workbooks and consolidating data? I am currently using Excel 2003. Could you also give me some examples of when to use consolidation and when it is more appropriate to link? (if that makes any sense) Thanks ^^ Just offering some brief thoughts. "Consolidate" usually means to combine num data (eg arithmetically sum up corrresponding nums) from a couple of places in the same sheet or from identical ranges over several sheets. "Linking" usually means to directly reproduce/reflect data from vario...

Data Label Leader Lines
I have chosen to display data label leader lines on my pie chart, saved and closed the file, but when I go back, the leader lines are no longer visible. Suggestions? Hi, What version of Excel are you using? It often seems that if you turn the leader line option on Excel will not display the lines if it figures the label's position makes it self explanitory. If you drag the data labels one at a time to slightly different postions the should display. -- If this helps, please click the Yes button Cheers, Shane Devenshire "nh" wrote: > I have chosen to display ...

Report problem
I have this report that shows all receipts from any given client. The total outstanding balance is then tallied in the report. For some, the total outstanding balance is $0. In this case, I don't want that person to show up in the report. Is there a way to omit them? I know I could do it it in the underlying query, but the only way I know to do it requires totaling everything in the query, which would eliminate the ability to show each receipt individually on the report. Thanks! Create a totals query that calculates the balance by client. Then add this totals query to your re...

convert existing Excel into Data source document to link to exist.
Convert existing Excel into Data source document to link to existing Mail Merge document to create multiple letters for mass mailings? In Word, select the Excel file as Data source "KayLMPD" wrote: > Convert existing Excel into Data source document to link to existing Mail > Merge document to create multiple letters for mass mailings? ...

Cell data changes when copying and pasting
I've got Excel 2002 SP2. Another person in our office has Excel 2000. She entered a bunch of data into a spreadsheet for me (the data is dates in mm/dd/yyyy format). When I copy and paste her data into a new spreadsheet in one of my existing files, the dates change. This seems to be the rule of what is happening: when I copy and paste a cell into my sheet, it adds 1 to the day and 4 to the year. For example, if she typed 12/18/2003, it pastes it as 12/19/2007; if she typed 4/15/2004, it pastes as 4/16/2008. We are both baffled by this. There are no formulas being used, just a basic...

How can I automatically create a master list from 5 worksheets?
Hello, I have been posting frequently, so I apologize if this is redundant. I just thought of a simpler way to solve my problem and was looking for some help to get there. I was wondering if there is a way for excel to pull information from a workbook with 5 sheets. I do not want to filter it for criteria - I can do that with a macro once I have the master list together. What I have is 5 sheets that are not in the exact same format. They do all contain 7 fields of similar information which I would like to extract and put into a master list in a separate file. I would like this f...

How to add % to columns with dollar value data table.
I want to add % to a column chart but my series contains dates and value has a dollar amount that needs to be in the data table. Please clarify with examples of the data. -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Richardson" <Richardson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CEB00851-448D-41C2-AE5A-3070EAEB2FC5@microsoft.com... >I want to add % to a column chart but my series contains dates and value >has > a dollar amount that needs to be in the data table. ...

cannot apply the default chart type to the selected data
I can no longer create any pivots charts. The error message I get is "Cannot apply the default chart type to the selected data". How do I resolve this? My data sources have not changed. Thanks, Pick a different chart type, aka change your default (at least temproarily). For instance, you can't have an XY scatter chart be your default chart when making PivotCharts. -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "sam" wrote: > I can no longer create any pivots charts. The error message I get is "Cannot > app...

Export register data from Money Plus to Excel? Moneylink failed.
How can I export data from the transaction register in Money Plus to Excel 2007? I tried installing Ultrasoft Moneylink as an Add-in but it doesn't seem to launch at all - even if it did work, I understand that only reports data can be exchanged. I'd even be willing to scan a printout of the register if I knew how to print that first. Thanks Hi, I don't know a thing about Money Plus. That said, if the Ultrasoft Moneylink add-in is for Excel, then in Excel choose Office Button, Excel Options, Add-ins, and click the Go button at the bottom of the window. If you see yo...

how to divide a numbers in a table of data by 1,000, all at once
I've noticed in some spreadsheets that numbers are displayed as rounded...i.e. so that one isn't looking at 1,403,333 + 2,333,999 etc. but rather 1403 + 2334, etc. with a note at the top that says "000's". In one step, how can I edit all the numbers in a table so that they show to the nearest 10,000 (i.e. 1403 +2334), without dividing them one by one by 1,000? Or, to go at it from another angle, how do I divide each # by 1,000? The ROUND feature requires that I create a new table. Not exactly what I'm looking for. Enter 1000 in an unused cell. ...

Exchange ES
Hi all, I have a brand new install of Exchange 2003. Everything looked good so I installed Exchange SP2. After installing SP2, my Exchange Event Service is logging an error. Basically it starts successfully, logs an error event id 5 "An unexpected MAPI error occurred. Error returned was [0x80004005]", and then shuts down. All the info I see regarding that error stems from upgrading from 5.5 which I haven't done. Please let me know what I need to do to resolve this. Thanks! Stu Dont start the Exchange Event Service, keep it stopped. you don't require it. I ne...

How do you make cell 2 return data if cell 1 contains text?
If cell A1 contains a contact's name I want cell A2 to automaticall return a response of "Lead" and if cell A1 is blank I want cell A2 t remain blank I assume I need a formula in A2 to this effect but am not sure how t make it recoginze it correctly. =IF(A1=???,"Lead") The question marks in red is what i don't know what to say -- jermsalerm ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jermsalerms's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3016 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.ph...

Exchange 5.5 appending remote server name as a delegate on outgoing pop3 email
I've encountered an odd, intermitant problem. I have a client that runs exchange 5.5 sp4 and Outlook 2003. He uses Exchange for the calendar and contacts, and to send internal email between employees. He has pop3 email accounts with the company that hosts his website for external mail. Sometimes, when he sends a message out via SMTP, Exchange (or perhaps Outlook) says the message is being sent by a delegate, and the delegate name is his Exchange address book name with the remote server name appended. Any other Exchange address book names also have the remote server name appended. For exam...