sorting data #2

Sorry if this has been asked before, but ive searched to no avail, as I
dont really know what to call the question.

i have the following

A B
4 2
1 5
2 3
1 6
4 3

Can I automate the sorting of this data so that for each value in
column A the Values in Column B are totaled, ie it becomes

A B
1 11
2 3
4 5

Thanks

Andy

---

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You could either sort your data by column A and then Data|subtotals or you could
add headers and do Data|pivottable.

powelly wrote:

> Sorry if this has been asked before, but ive searched to no avail, as I
> dont really know what to call the question.
>
> i have the following
>
> A B
> 4 2
> 1 5
> 2 3
> 1 6
> 4 3
>
> Can I automate the sorting of this data so that for each value in
> column A the Values in Column B are totaled, ie it becomes
>
> A B
> 1 11
> 2 3
> 4 5
>
> Thanks
>
> Andy
>
> ---

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
0
ec35720 (10082)

VB Macro #2

VCR to DVD Part 2

Data migration - Adventure Works

Sorting on Column headers
I have a spreedsheet that someone else created and I need to take the Column headers, which are in date form, and rearrange them in chronological order. Can this be done without cutting and pasting? I really need to save time with this project if possible. Thanks!:) --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ > I have a spreedsheet that someone else created and I need to take the > Column headers, which are in date form, and rearrange them in > chronological order. Can this be done without cutting and pasting? I > really need to save time with this project if possib...

set print area #2

OEM publisher 2002 Sp1-2

How can I print on 8 1/2"x17" paper?

Money Updates #2

Can't create the item #2

Sorting Cells by Colors

Excel List Sorting Problem (Descending)

IMAP address on exchange sever #2

help #2

Application icon #2
Hello, all, Have a strange problem. I recently used the tool ResOrg to renumber the resource IDs in a project where there were hundreds of duplicates. This fixed a list of bugs, which is why I did it. The other programmers found three problems after this. One was trivial to fix, a second was actually a problem in the code that renumbering the resouce IDs uncovered and was also easily fixed. The third one is weird though. Renumbering the resources messed up the application icon. I verified this by recompiling with the old resource.h file and the icon is correct. In the renumbere...