Sort name from specified interval table

Hiiii
I am facing a silly problem i think u guys are rescue me from that...
My prob like I have two cloum one colum contain Name of person and
another coloum contain their salary.I prepared a interval table contain
4 row according to salary range....I have find the name whos salary has
on the specified range on ist row of interval table....

Can any one giv the idea about that..Perhaps I tried it VLook up
Function...But i faced proble to sort the name from ist colum

--
mun04
mun04's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=32145

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Here is an example, with INDEX & MATCH functions that don't need data
sorting

http://cjoint.com/?derO7Stjl6

HTH

--
AP

"mun04" <mun04.245kuy_1141488900.5743@excelforum-nospam.com> a �crit dans le
message de news:mun04.245kuy_1141488900.5743@excelforum-nospam.com...

> Hiiii
> I am facing a silly problem i think u guys are rescue me from that...
> My prob like I have two cloum one colum contain Name of person and
> another coloum contain their salary.I prepared a interval table contain
> 4 row according to salary range....I have find the name whos salary has
> on the specified range on ist row of interval table....
>
> Can any one giv the idea about that..Perhaps I tried it VLook up
> Function...But i faced proble to sort the name from ist colum
>

> --
> mun04
> mun04's Profile:
http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=32145
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=518993

0
ardus.petus (319)
3/4/2006 4:40:37 PM
BTW, VLOOKUP works like a charm!

see example: http://cjoint.com/?derUw5vDYX

HTH
--
AP

"mun04" <mun04.245kuy_1141488900.5743@excelforum-nospam.com> a �crit dans le
message de news:mun04.245kuy_1141488900.5743@excelforum-nospam.com...

> Hiiii
> I am facing a silly problem i think u guys are rescue me from that...
> My prob like I have two cloum one colum contain Name of person and
> another coloum contain their salary.I prepared a interval table contain
> 4 row according to salary range....I have find the name whos salary has
> on the specified range on ist row of interval table....
>
> Can any one giv the idea about that..Perhaps I tried it VLook up
> Function...But i faced proble to sort the name from ist colum
>

> --
> mun04
> mun04's Profile:
http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=32145
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=518993

0
ardus.petus (319)
3/4/2006 4:45:42 PM
Itried but failed.......Here is my prob demo

My prob like

TAZ 6000
RAZ  3000
GAZ 7000

Cat A 2000-5000
B    5000-8000
C  8000-10000

result would be

RAZ   3000  A
TAZ  6000 B
Gaz  7000 B

--
mun04
mun04's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=32145
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=518993

Here is my worksheet with your data: http://cjoint.com/?deu2j81iMj

The results are the same as yours, whichever the formula (INDEX/MATCH or
VLOOKUP)

--
AP

"mun04" <mun04.245tnm_1141500300.6@excelforum-nospam.com> a �crit dans le
message de news:mun04.245tnm_1141500300.6@excelforum-nospam.com...

> Itried but failed.......Here is my prob demo
>
> My prob like
>
> TAZ 6000
> RAZ  3000
> GAZ 7000
>
> Cat A 2000-5000
> B    5000-8000
> C  8000-10000
>
> result would be
>
> RAZ   3000  A
> TAZ  6000 B
> Gaz  7000 B
>

> --
> mun04
> mun04's Profile:
http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=32145
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=518993

0
ardus.petus (319)

How do i sort contacts using more than one catagory ?
I am trying to create lists which have contacts sorted by more than one catagory. So including contacts that are linked to two or more specific catagories. Can this be done, if so how? thanks "samong" <samong@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01E99022-AB21-487B-9365-2E66BB0C3F1B@microsoft.com... >I am trying to create lists which have contacts sorted by more than one > catagory. So including contacts that are linked to two or more specific > catagories. Can this be done, if so how? The Category field is non-sortable because it is a multi...

OT: demoralized tables
Kirk Kuykendall has a good overview on Common Table Expressions http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/CTE/62291/ but his conclusion contains a "new db term" (at least I had never seen it before)... "As you can see CTEs can be very useful. I have found them particularly handy when cleaning up demoralized tables. Like imported spread sheets." I assume it was on purpose and couldn't resist passing it on. We've all been there... gary I'm wondering if demoralized tables might be an undiscovered cause of file corruption. I would think that one table wit...

9.0 Table Changes
Will be updating to V9, am looking for a list of the tables that changed and the documentation says it is on V9 cd 2, under the SDK But I don't see anything on the CD so do I have to install v9, and the SDK before I can get a list of the table names? -- Doug You need to install the SDK "Doug" wrote: > Will be updating to V9, am looking for a list of the tables that changed and > the documentation says it is on V9 cd 2, under the SDK > > But I don't see anything on the CD so do I have to install v9, and the SDK > before I can get a list of the tabl...

Sorting #11
How do you sort a list with more than three sort keys? First sort on least significant key(s) Then sort on most significant keys HTH -- AP "Fran" <fpeale@comcast.net> a �crit dans le message de news: %23pS%239BXeGHA.1856@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > How do you sort a list with more than three sort keys? > You need a helper column. In this should be a formula concatenating all the fields to be sorted. =A1&B1&C1 ... This will sort only in ascending order. You will need to include the value of dates (not the actual dates) - &VALUE(A1) or &...

Saving data in Access table with VB ?
I have a form with a button and if you click the button, a list of invoices are generated and saved in the table 'Invoice'. Problem is, the data isnt saved :( Here's my code: Private Sub Knop0_Click() Dim Invoicenr As Long Dim Invoicedate As Date stdocname = "Invoice" DoCmd.OpenTable stdocname, acViewNormal, acAd Invoicenr = 111111 Invoicedate = Now DoCmd.Save acTable, stdocname End Sub What am I doing wrong ? Answered in microsoft.public.access "Bauhaus" <niemandhier@pandora.be> wrote in message news:7Exii.2418$yf6.1885@biebel.telenet-ops.be...

Scrolling Tables list
When I use the scroll bar to move up and down the list of tables or queries etc, the list continues to vacillate after I stop sliding the bar; making it difficult to find the item I want to select. This seems to be worse with my new computer. Are there settings I should adjust. "Crop scout" <Crop scout@discussions.microsoft.com> kirjoitti viestiss�:771C65DD-5D6E-47EF-B987-C797A680FB59@microsoft.com... > When I use the scroll bar to move up and down the list of tables or > queries > etc, the list continues to vacillate after I stop sliding the bar; makin...

Table-like Outline and Collumm that sums prevous values up
Hello The report I would like to have should be in a tabular form just like the doc document I have attached. However, until now I have not found out how to set the report into a tabular outline. It is quite uncomfortable and time intensive to set up this report by using lines and the different text fields. In addition, it will not look any good at the end.. Also, I would need a columm that is able to sum up the values before. Just like the "total" under each semester. Are the issues solvable? Greets, Hubertholz attached: http://rapidshare.com/files/35708241...

Adding Fields and Tables to MSCRM
Is there a link or some reference on the ability to add fields to existing tables in the CRM database and/or adding complete tables to the CRM database?? I am asking this from the point of view relating to other existing CRM products (saleslogix, frontrange - shh). From what I have played with so far from playing with my SBS2k/MSCRM install is I my need to have a MS developer skillset. Robb, Using the schema manager in the deployment Manager MMC snap-in, you can add fields to the existing tables. However, there is no way to add new tables. Matt "Robb D" <robbd@eproductscons...

name appearing in the outgoing mail
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I would like to change the way the name in each of my accounts shows up in sent emails. I have changed the account settings but the old name still shows up. Any suggestions? <br> Thanks. On 2010-05-04 16:45:26 -0400, Bila@officeformac.com said: > I would like to change the way the name in each of my accounts shows up > in sent emails. I have changed the account settings but the old name > still shows up. Any suggestions? Well if you have indeed changed the name prop...

How can I compare the column names from 2 tables and output them?
I have a requirement to place an alert if the field does not exist in my table, tblStaging. Can any one guide me to reframe this query with error handling messages? I know it is not good practice to use select * but I need to do this as my columns\field names change each time. INSERT INTO tblStaging SELECT * FROM tbl_XL,tblDetails; Thank you -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/201003/1 Access is a relational database. If your "table design" has the fields in your table(s) changing frequently,...

How to reference workbook name in hyperlink formula?
In order to simplify the maintenance of workbook formulas I need to reference workbook name in hyperlink formula =[myWorkbok.xls]mySheet!$E4 in this way =[A1]mySheet!$E4 given the file name stored in cell A1 Cell A1 : myWorkbook How do I write the formula to make it work? Will it work even if the referenced workbook is closed? Regards Frank Krogh The function you'd want to use is =indirect(). But =indirect() won't work if the sending file is closed. Laurent Longre has an addin (morefunc.xll) at: http://xcell05.free.fr/ or http://xcell05.free.fr/morefunc/english/index.htm ...

Pivot Table and adding a % column, that is not in original data
Hi, Is it possible to add a column for % calculations when the % column is not in original data? To clarify, my original data is as follows: Produt Sales Returns Date A 5 June B 6 June A 1 July A 1 September B 1 November When I run the pivot table, one of the columns I'm then looking to get is a total % of returns over sales , but I cant see how to include in a Pivot table. I can add it outside of the table, but that has problems ...

Sort search results by date
It would be nice if i could sort my search results in this forum by date. I would like to see my most recent questions at the top. -- Sheri Salomone THANKS! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroup...

sorting by last char
Hello, I have a table where in a column there is something like: 1a, 1b, 1c, 2a, 2b, 2c and so on I wish to sort by the last char to look like: 1a 2a 1b 2b 1c 2c I tried Tools/Options/Custom List using *a,*b,*c to no avail. Any ideas? Thanks You can extract that last character into a helper column using: =3DRIGHT(A1) and copying down as needed. Then you should include the helper column within the data range when you sort, and sort on the helper first, followed by your other column. Delete the helper column when you've finished with it. Hope this helps. Pete On Sep 18, 12:52=A0am,...

Table-lookup transformations
Hi, we are doing some table-lookup transformations based on LEFT and INNER joins. Probably around 100 - 50K rows/second or something like that. I have noticed that the lookups are getting slower and slower due to a growing database. The server itself is heavily loaded, CPU and IO-subsystem - which I know is not a good combination with SQL server :| I am looking for a way to increase the table-lookup transformation speed without mixing up things with SSIS.. Are there any good ways of doing table-lookup transformations within SQL server? Would it be a good idea to write s...

Changing the names of fields in tables after creating other object
I just leaned about the naming conventions after I have created my tables, reports and several queries. Can I change the name of fields in my tables (to remove the spaces and give them unique names ie not just last name but childlastname) without destroying the work I have done in queries, reports, and forms. Mary -- Positive Direction for Youth & Families, Inc. (www.pdfyinc.com) Possibly. If you are using a newer version of Access, say 2003 or 2007 AND you have Name Autocorrect, and all it's options, enabled, it MIGHT work. I found it somewhat buggy. Before you...

Corrupt / Missing Table
OK, so trying to diagnose a series of annoying problems, I've found that we are actually missing the ActivityBase table all together. I don't know how it happened, when it happened or why, but more importantly is that its gone, and we're adding data to the database faster than I can keep up. Any ideas on how to recreate the database? We can't afford to role back nor loose data in a reinstall... TIA! I would contact MBS support and open a support ticket. The $245 for the incident will be well worth it down thee road as you may have a lot of other problems as well. -- ...

Deny External Email for specified users
I would like to know how to deny certain internal users from sending or receiving internet based emails. Is there some type of security for the SMTP queues. http://support.microsoft.com/view/tn.asp?kb=316281 -- Sincerely, D�j� Ak�m�l�f�, MCSE MCSA MCP+I Microsoft MVP - Directory Services www.readymaids.com - COMPLETE SPAM Protection www.akomolafe.com Do you now realize that Today is the Tomorrow you were worried about Yesterday? -anon "John Veliss" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1c7701c49c5e$0290cf00$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I would like to ...

Pivot Table #46
Hello, I have pivot table based on data that identifies an item as "late" "late if not rec'd today" and "late if not shipped today". The totol lists the correct number from each category for a location but when I double click on that total I get a list of every entry for that location, not just the late etc. What am I doing wrong? When you double click on a total, does it generate a new worksheet? If yes, it is listing out all the data, which the total field is made up of. The other possibility is that you are unhiding a summary field. Govind. xgirl...

Pivot table total decimal places rounding
The totals in my pivot tables have too many decimal places. I total -$1,025.31 and $1,023.87 and the result is $1.43999999999994 in the total cell of the pivot table but I need just $1.44 I have formatted the table as currency and using 97. Pivot tables can lose their formatting if the data is refreshed. Reapply the formatting, and make sure that 'Preserve formatting' is checked (under PivotTable>Table Options). AM wrote: > The totals in my pivot tables have too many decimal places. > I total -$1,025.31 and $1,023.87 and the result is > $1.43999999999994 in the to...

Access 2007-Table not displaying the values from a combo box
I have built a database to schedule senior/disabled transportation appointments. I have created two tables and associated forms for data entry. I placed a combo box in the Schedule form so end users choose a client and fields complete on the form with client name, address, city, and home phone number. I did instruct Access to store the data in the SeniorIntakeID field in the Schedule table. I wrote a report that staff execute to see what is scheduled for a given date, for each driver. On the report I want to see the actual client's name, address, city, and home phone n...

Create tables from xsd
I have some xsd files and I want to create tables from them. Is there a utility to do this. I have used the xsd.exe to create the classes from the xsd files and that worked. I am new to xml programming. Thank you -- Jerry Jerry C wrote: > I have some xsd files and I want to create tables from them. Is there a > utility to do this. I have used the xsd.exe to create the classes from the > xsd files and that worked. I am new to xml programming. Do you want to create data base tables? If so which data base management system do you target? Within the .NET framework class library ...

vbscript insert into access 2003 database with two different table
I am trying to insert data collected by WMI. Here is the script On Error Resume Next Const HKEY_CURRENT_USER = &H80000001 Const HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE = &H80000002 Const ForReading = 1 'Create FSO Set objFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") 'Create an environment for the script to work Set wshshell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell") 'Connection to the database Set cnn = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") 'Connection to a Recordset Set objRecordSet = CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset") 'Opens the Database ...

Pivot Table VBA Reference Book & Blank Cells
Hi Everyone, I have a Pivot Table in Access 2003 and need the blank/null cells on the data axis to display "0". This is easy to do in Excel but I have searched through all of the options in Access and cannot find it. What is the VBA code required to set this option? Can anyone suggest a good reference book or website for coding Pivot Tables with VBA? Many thanks, David ...

Exchange 2003 with wrong domain name
I was hoping someone could give me some advice on an issue we are having. We have an Exchange 2003 and DC(Windows 2003 Server) server behind a Cisco PIX 506e router. Everything works great, however the company that installed the servers for us, named our domain wrong. So our root domain is not correct. However, this has never been a problem until now. Now more and more companies are using some type of reverse lookup to make sure the domain name matches up with the IP address. Well, since our domain name was named wrong, the external address of our firewall, does not match our domain name. ...