Some gridlines missing - How to restore

I have some worksheets where some, but not all of the gridlines are
missing. Using Tools/Options/View and unchecking and then checking
makes no difference. Any solution? I'd like to have them.
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

have you been playing with conditional formatting?
or

Maybe you filled the cells in as white, try highliting the sheet and
select no fill

--
davesexcel
davesexcel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31708

FYI - At my office my boss often filled cells of his summaries with
white, thinking it looked better when he pasted it into .ppt's.  This
drove me nuts because I couldn't figure out what he did.

(I prefer to see the gridlines, and I know that they disappear on
printouts and in metafile pastes into .ppt's unless borders were used.
What's more, he tended to color cells way out in the unused hinterlands
of the .xls., so scrolling to the outer edges went all the way out to
there instead of stopping with the cells that had contents.)

I hunted through the view options for gridlines (was set to visible)
and played with various colors of gridlines and background cell colors,
and tried other suggestions on this newgroup.  Finally I got my boss to
tell me what he did.  The good news is that it is easily reversable.

Good luck,

Craig in NJ

0
craig1796 (4)

missing part of lines
Help!! I'm transferring spreadsheets from Excel2000 to 2003 & just noticed that when I print, any line with an underline or a double underline prints as if the row is too small, & the top part of letters & numbers in the line is chopped off. I can go to the row numbers & enlarge the size of the row, but it's hit or miss as to how it will look. This is serious stuff--I have a lot of clients' financial statements set up on templates like this. Am I going to have to reformat all of them??? Thanks for any insight--jw ...

Microsoft CRM 1.2 missing "Salespeople with quotas" module
I am testing CRM 1.2 professional. I cannot find the "Salespeople with quotas" under settings --> business unit settings. What could be wrong? I cannot either find any reference to Quotas in user, business unit, team or territory properties. When I run a report about quota, it will display that "No Quotas Set". What could be wrong? Adil Adil, Did you set up the fiscal year? This step is only allowed once and must preceed any quota setups. You access the System Customization entry on the Settings tab to set it up. Look under Common Tasks, Fiscal Year Settings. Edwi...

Missing transactions in transaction account
I just found an interesting anomaly in Money 2004 Standard edition that I feel worth sharing. I found two transactions missing in a transaction report which was customized to show the current month's transactions for my checking account. After much playing around, changing categories, dates, payees, check numbers, etc., I found that after I cleared all the members of a classification, applying the change, then reselecting all members of the classification (which were selected to begin with), the transactions appeared in the report. I'm not sure why this happened. I had also t...

Missing entries
Hi, I have a palms table that stores palm census for each and every palm for a block on every trial. Every trial has a set number of blocks and set number of palms. Each of the palms has a palm census done every year to check its status. The problem firstly is that for data entry: Entry is done such that the trial, plot is entered, and also palm number and the status. Sometimes not all the palms are being entered, so there are a few missing palms that have no status in a year and then in the next year it is entered. I would like to do a query that picks up those palms that have not been ente...

Sliding navigation bar on right of word docs is missing?
How can I get the navigation bar to show on the right side of my word docs? It is hard to go from page to page by using the wheel when a document is 90 pages. Maybe the document window has been dragged so that it is wider than the screen and then positioned so that the scroll bar is off the screen. Click on the button to the left of the White X in the red background at the top right of the screen and see if that restores the scroll bar. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug R...

How to restore e-mail to a different mailbox ?
I need to restore e-mail from tape date=25 days ago and save e-mail from account1 to investigationAccount2. Account1 is active and enabled on my system. My backup software is Commvault Qinetix and it requires that target mailbox which mail will restore to has same SMTP address and same mailbox name than the original. Any creative idea on how I can solve this ? what version of Exchange? "Marlon Brown" <marlon_brown@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ezDrbP$qEHA.2340@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I need to restore e-mail from tape date=25 days ago and save e-mail from > ...

Missing Free/Busy Folder #2
I have read the other postings regarding the fix to the missing Free/Busy. When you follow the recommendations from the following KB articles: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;284200 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;275171 There is only one Administrative Group folder. Also the client has several folders created under the public folder. Will I need to reset their published folders under public? Also will there be any other information that I will need to rest after coping the new GUID ? Hi Michael, When we put in a new GUID we will dest...

Printing gridlines
I have a Lexmark Z605 and I check gridlines and even format the cells for gridlines but they do not print. Microsoft has a knowledge base of the gridlines not showing on the print preview but still printing , this is not my problem. The gridlines do not print. I contacted Lexmark and they suggested to change the driver to winprint and default type to RAW and to download the newest driver, neither of these suggestions worked. They also suggested that I run msconfig under the RUN program but OS 2K does not have msconfig for me to use. So I moved all the programs out of the start menu and ...

Database Restore Showing Current Data
I ran an update Query this morning against a table. Just before running the update, I did a backup through Enterprise Manager. Unfortunately, the update updated every record. I restored my database backup to another database so I could look at the data prior to the update, but the restored data in the temporary database is the same as the data from my bad update. I am positive this information was different prior to the update based on another query I have open. I deleted the temp database and restored an earlier backup of the original database using Enterprise Manager...

Mail missing in Control Panel
I recently installed Microsoft Office 2007. I am now getting my mail through Outlook 2007 instead of Outlook Express 6. I want to create an e-mail profile for my wife. Help states that once Outlook has been loaded and used, a Mail icon will appear in the Control Panel, and that is where I need to go to see profiles and create a new POP3 account. Mail is not in my Control Panel (Win XP Home). Do you know what am doing wrong, or have not done correctly? Thanks for your assistance. -- Froghair in Jax If you're using the Category View for the Control Panel, the Mail applet is under t...

SBS 2008 exchange database restore problem!
Hi Im having a big issue at my hands and would be very grateful for some quick help here! I have on a vmware ESXi server a SBS 2008 premium OS installed. This virtual server crashed in a veeam backup, it was some sort of snapshot problem etc, anyway after this the server rebooted and when trying to log on to the server it said somerhing like "no server available to handle your logon request". The only way to get in to the server is in safe mode. So what i now have is a backup that is a couple of days old, im trying to restore this right now (to a new virtual mach...

Business Portal prevents SQL restore to test company.
We periodically restore a backup of our live database to a test company in order to test out different procedures and troubleshoot issues in a safe place. Since the installation of Business Portal however I have found that BP is preventing the restore because it is accessing the database. I can proceed if I shut down all the IIS services or the IIS server but this will become very disruptive as our use of IIS based applications (e.g. CRM) grows. I have tried just stopping the BP Website and Application Pools but this does not seem to be sufficient. - Does anyone know the least disru...

Unable to fully restore Outlook 2003 mail and folders
I'm trying to restore my Outlook 2003 mail following a hard drive crash and reinstallation of Windows XP Professional. I had used Outlook Personal Folders Backup shortly before the failure, so I had a recent set up backup files, presumably for all of my folders. Once I reinstalled Windows and Office 2003, I created new user accounts for myself and family. When I create a new account for myself, a data file is created (outlook4.pst for example). I copied all of my saved PST files into the ...local settings\application data\microsoft\outlook where the new data file was created, delet...

HELP! Contacts missing
My wife recently upgrade her RAID-1 system to Win 7 Professional. Some gremlin fried one of the disks and also the motherboard so we rebuilt the system with a new motherboard, hard disk, and processor (and a bigger power supply) and a fresh install of Win 7. I assumed that all her data (including WLM emails and contacts) would be safe since one of the RAID disks from the old system survived. We now have it attached externally to the new system. Before the crash, we also made a nightly Win 7 backup to an external disk but that may have only been My Documents and not all her USER accou...

My Paste Function button is missing from the toolbar.
My Paste Function button is missing from the toolbar. I clicked on the pull-down menu at the end of the toolbar, and cannot find it among the extra buttons that you can add to the toolbar. Please help. Thanks in advance. sheana If the button is indeed not there: Tools > Customize > Commands tab. In the left-hand pane click 'Edit' In the right-hand pane find the paste button, and drag it to the toolbar. George Gee "sheana" <sheana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7BB7B3E9-631A-4C76-86B5-020EC34DCC44@microsoft.com... > My Paste Function bu...

I know I'm missing something
Thanks for reading this. What I'm trying to do is to create a query though code that will display last names of the text box. For example: Person's last name is James. There may be 5 names with the last name of James. strWhere = "Select [lname]" _ & "From tbl_roster " _ & "Where lname =' " & txtSearch & ' '" Every time I do a msgbox it comes up with the wrong name. I know I've seen the correct way to do it here, but do you think I can find it? NOT. The txtSearch is a textbox to enter the person's ...

missing excel VBA help file
I'm missing the excel 97 VBA help file "VEenUl3.hlp". I assume this file is on the software distribution pack that came with my computer. If it is do I reinstall excel or can I just copy the help file from the distribution pack? Finally I may not have the distribution pack since I've moved three times in the five years since the computer was purchased. How would I get a copy if I need it? I'm using windows 98. Thanks for your help John VBA and help files are not part of normal Office install. ie. Office 9 or Excel 97 *not* Windows disk required. Perhaps you ...

restoring Outlook #2
Can I restore "sent messages" from an archive It's a restored Drive image file. I'm not sure where to look and what the extention on the files will be. Thanks. Do you have any PST files on that image? See if any of the info here helps in the event you do find the file(s): http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/backupandrestore.htm "AKA gray asphalt" <goodidea1950@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ptvRe.7435$ct5.3404@fed1read04... > Can I restore "sent messages" from an archive > It's a restored Drive image file. I'm not sure > wh...

Restore Individual Mailbox/Calendar
We are on Exchange 5.5. I have a user who needs his personal calendar restored. Is there any way to do this with Exchange 5.5 without restoring his whole mailbox? I have good backups. thanks ...

brick level restore problem on exhcange 5.5 mailbox
hi we performed a brick level restore on a users mailbox after they accidentally deleted all thier mail, this may not have been the best idea. although it looked to have worked ok, we now have a problem on the users inbox. whenever they mark a message either read or unread there is a very long delay, once they are set as read then they open up fine and everything else is ok. this happens on any pc and only on the inbox (so far), any public folders are fine and large files or attachments are fine, only when changing the read status does this occur. we are running exhcange 5.5 on ...

Missing Graph ?
Hello, Just started trying to use Excel 2007 Sure is diffewrent from the '97 version ! On one of the data workbooks that I created, I also did a graph of the data. After closing it, and reopening later, I cannot find the graph anymore. The very botton line of the workbook doesn't seem to show, anymore, tabs for Sheet 1, Sheet 2, etc., where the graph used to be called from. Only a "Ready" statement in the lower left, and a Zoom slider toward the right. No Sheet tabs. Is the graph gone for good ? What might have happened ? Thanks, Bob Hi Bob, Click Microsoft butto...

My linked graphics won't update properly
My linked graphics in Publisher 2002 won't update properly. The status always reverts to 'Missing'. The when I print, I have to use the 'displayed graphics', which degrade after time. How do I keep the links properly updated? ...

Missing fields in temp tables causes errors in SQL 2000 but 2005
I have an issue that only can be recreated in SQL Server 2000. But in SQL Server 2005 cannot be recreated. I have a stored procedure that insert a row in a temp table. But this insert is in a IF condition that will never be true (IF 1=0). When I execute the stored procedure by first time, and If table does not exist, the stored procedure is executed without errors. But, if the temp table exists but it has a missing column, the stored procedure throws an error when it is executed by first time. This issue is not recreated in SQL Server 2005 version. It only happens in SQL Se...

rights/privileges required for Backup/Restore
We are getting ready to disable the builtin\administrators group per a SOX requirement. We use a 3rd party tool to backup our SQL databases (TDP for SQL), that currently uses "local service". Is this sufficient to back up our databases after we disable the builtin accounts, or will my backups break? If not, what are my options? Here are the ones I see: 1: Set up windows account, and add it to the sysadmin role at the server level. 2: Set up windows account, and add it to the backup operator role in each database on the machine. Does the backup operator also ...

inetcpl.cpl missing or corrupted
Computer Club member's Dell Laptop, Win XP SP3 and all updates since are installed. When Internet Explorer closes a little message appears that reads: "...Error loading C:\WINDOWS\system32\inetcpl.cpl The specified module could not be found..." Since the inetcpl.cpl concerns Internet Options, when I attempt open Internet Options on the browser, I get the message: "...This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your System Admininistrator...." I then restarted in safe mode, logged on as System Ad...