Solver Add-in #2

I have an Excel File (around 4.5 megs) with 28 sheets. using the Solver
add-in on the NPV function subject to a few restricting criteria.
Max iterations 100 Max Change 0.01 under the Tools --> Calculation menu.
Now when I launch Excel for the first time, I can click Tools --> Solver and
see the conditions et al. but exiting from the Solver once and then later on
trying to reaccess it through the same Tools --> Solver the Solver dialog
does not come up. I have to quit excel and restart it again to view the
Solver dialog. What could be going wrong here? Any ideas/suggestions?
0
Viquar (9)
3/21/2006 6:26:27 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

No gyan on this one?

"Viquar" wrote:

> I have an Excel File (around 4.5 megs) with 28 sheets. using the Solver
> add-in on the NPV function subject to a few restricting criteria.
> Max iterations 100 Max Change 0.01 under the Tools --> Calculation menu.
> Now when I launch Excel for the first time, I can click Tools --> Solver and
> see the conditions et al. but exiting from the Solver once and then later on
> trying to reaccess it through the same Tools --> Solver the Solver dialog
> does not come up. I have to quit excel and restart it again to view the
> Solver dialog. What could be going wrong here? Any ideas/suggestions?
0
Viquar (9)

2 Page Newsletters
I am trying to open a 2 page newsletter from someone they they saved on my computer. On his computer it is two pages and there is the 1,2 page numbers you can click on the bottom. When he sends it to me it only shows one page. When he comes to my computer and tries to open his from my computer it does the same, only one page. Can anyone help with this? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from dpandozzi@r-masters.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > I am trying to open a 2 page newsletter from someone they > they saved on my comp...

Add Word and change format
1) Let say colomn A is a product codes, such as "PK0021", "UQ05P8", etc...Now I want add a "Z" in front the codes. To be "ZPK0021, ZUQ05P8". What's the faster way in case I got thousand of codes? 2) In my colomn B is such code as "18-521-65, 18-81-84, 18-1112-65" and etc. Now I would like to make it to be standard to 4 digit for the middle number to be "18-0521-65, 18-0081-84, 18-1112-65" ... As the same senario as above, I got more than thousand of such codes... What's the faster way? Kelvin The first could be done wi...

Print Reconcilliation #2
Is it possible to print a reconcilliation when you are done with it? I could always do this in Quicken but can't see how to do it in Money. Money doesn't have a reconciliation report. This, and many workarounds and near workarounds have been discussed numerous times in the last month or so. (These things come in cycles--this is the cycle for reconciliation report, apparently.) Get more headers or search archives of this group at http://groups.google.com. "Thomas Schiessl" <Schiessl@athenet.net> wrote in message news:319901c37573$1a2d6fa0$a301280a@phx.gbl... &g...

Get $500 to your PAYPAL Account by just one CLICK #2

GALMOD32.exe not working #2
Hello. When the users of the domain run GALMOD32.exe it acts like it saves the settings but when I look at the gal those settings don't stick. I have done the following site suggestions about adding "self" to delegate control, but still no luck. Anyone have any suggestions on how I can get users to update the gal themselves and have it actually stick. http://mcpmag.com/columns/article.asp?EditorialsID=873 Thanks, -comb In article <MPG.1ef200b44f090d1b989684@news.newsreader.com>, whore@whore.com says... > Hello. > > When the users of the domain run GALM...

Kamasutra Full B-Grade Movie With Nudity Must See (1 Hour 50 Min ) #2
Kamasutra Full B-Grade Movie With Nudity Must See (1 Hour 50 Min ) At http://iceboob.Co.CC Due to GOOGLE security risks, i have hidden the videos(15) in an image. in that website on Right side below search box click on image and watch videos in all angles. ...

Header and Footer Locations (2)
Gord Dibben: Excuse my ignorance, but where do I find "Custom Settings" so I can move the Header and Footer margins in? Thanks, Bernie Bernie View>Header and Footer>Custom To have a left footer several spaces in from default, enter the footer using one of the buttons provided then click in box and enter the spaces before the actual footer. This is not an exact science, so some experimentation will take place. Gord On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 20:32:51 GMT, "Bernie Beal" <bquest@optonline.net> wrote: >Gord Dibben: > >Excuse my ignorance, but where do...

SHARING WORKBOOKS #2
I HAVE AN EXCEL SPREADSHEET THAT NEEDS TO BE AVAILABLE ON TWO COMPUTERS AND SHOW THE SAME INFORMATION INCLUDING CHANGES. HOW DO I DO THIS? Hi check out 'Tools - Share workbooks' Note: shared workbooks have many restrictions (several functions are not available for them). IMHO Excel is not well suited for beeing shared. You may condiser using a different type of application for this (e.g. a database) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "ALSHORTMAN" <ALSHORTMAN@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:C0807914-A81F-4719-A37C-3F22160C2EB3@microsoft...

Can I use VBA to add cells (over blanks) then do multiplication
I have a Word table in which the last column contains numbers (3 and 4) and some bank cells and I want it add them and put the total into the second last row (7 in this case). The last row contains a multiplier (3) which when applied to the total results in 21. Below is the table. | | | 3 | | | | | | | | 4 | | | | 7 | | | 3 |21| How can I achieve this in VBA (under Word 2003 and 2007) remembering that the user can add rows to the table and the last column can contain blank cells. Thanks in advance for any assistance, Peter Evans Sub ScratchMaco(...

How to add a host in safe sender list
Dear ALL, How can i config IMFv2 to unblock all emails sent from a specific host in my company? eg. all emails sent from 10.0.0.1 should not be blocked. Thanks a lot - Add it to the Connection Filtering - Global Accept list: Global Settings | Message Delivery properties | Connection Filtering | Accept. - Enable Connection Filtering in SMTP virtual server properties | General tab | Advanced | select IP(s) | Edit | Apply Connection Filter. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "...

Outlook notification #2
in outlook 2003, we now have that cool little box that comes up when new mail hits the mailbox. Is there a way to set up a different folder to do a similar bubble message? You have to set up a rule. It's one of the action options for incoming messages ----- Philip wrote: ---- in outlook 2003, we now have that cool little box that comes up when new mail hits the mailbox. Is there a way to set up a different folder to do a similar bubble message? ...

Problem when adding an appointment in CRM from the SFO ver. 1.2
When the users make an appointment in the SFO, its fails. The SFO makes the activity on the contact, but the Outlook synchronisation fails. The appointment does not appear in the Outlook calendar. Then we reinstall the appointment form in Outlook, clear the forms cache, and the problem is resolved. Then after some time (weeks) the problem comes back. Any ideas? Best regards Jacob Mondrup IT Manager, Cultivator Denmark. have you loaded the latest rollup patch for the outlook client? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=127a274d-bc20-4e2f-be0d-1247455748...

VBA to add and remove text within cells
Hi, I have a field named "Postal" at the top of column F that always include a number with 5 digits then a city name then a region name, such as "11090 CARCASSONNE Linguadoca-Rossiglione". I need to create a program to have this field changed as following : "F-11090", then copying "CARCASSONNE" into the City field which is empty (column G). The city name is always starting just one space character after the postcode, same thing for the region name, it always starts one space character after the city name. The region has to be removed completely. ...

Upgrade to exchange enterprise #2
Hello I have just moved to exchange enterprise from exchange standard(with the mailbox move method). Everything has gone well but i'm noticing that i'm still getting event 1221 messages stating that there is x amount of space in the public and private message stores. Just wondering if i should still be getting these messages. I'm aware though that exchange space is white space based and that when you exceed the amount of white space the database will grow again. But just wondering if i should still be getting those 1221's. Thanks On Mon, 6 Jun 2005 09:17:03 -070...

Air Framing Nailer Kit 8-10 Gauge - 2"
Price:$250.99 Image: http:///image.php?id=B000UFSL5G Best deal: http:///index.php?id=B000UFSL5G Neiko Tools USA 8-10 Gauge 2"~ 3-1/2" Air Framing Nailer Kit * Large Piston For Increasing Power * Stong and Light Weight Die-Cast Body * Drivers Full-Head Nails from 2" to 3-1/2" Long * Includes: Goggles, Oil, Wrenches and Instruction * Max Capacity: 40 pcs * 72-120 psi * Air Inlet: 1/4" NPT * 21 Degree Angle ...

GetItemRect() not consistent with display after updating iIntegral #2
Sorry about the repost. I am trying to set the height of a CTreeCtrl item using the iIntegral property of TVITEMEX and SetItem. This is within the context of a splitter window with a left and a right pane. The left pane contains the tree and the right pane displays graphical elements which are vertically aligned with corresponding tree items. When iIntegral is set, the tree redisplays as expected, however the results from GetItemRect() do not change. As a result, the graphical elements in the right pane are not correctly vertically aligned. The only thing that seems to update GetItemRect...

Problem installing CRM 1.2 on Win2003
Hello, I get the following error installing the product: Setup was unable to install the Windows installer package.msi of microsoft CRM Server Setup. Any ideas? Michael Where can I find an installation guide? Thanks Michael Hi Micheal, There is a CRM installation guide from Microsoft called Installing_and_Securing_CRM_on_SBS.doc. I found this guide extremely useful. I recommend thoroughly reading it before implementing any of it. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=C835F117-A447-48DB-940B-48EF88A192A3&displaylang=en Regards, Chris Netarus, LLC http://www...

PCCharge #2
Does anyone know where I can find a list of transaction processing errors from PCCharge? One of our stores received a 114/203 error while processing a check the other night and I have no idea what a 114/203 error is? I've contacted Verifone for a list but to no avail. Thank you in advance for any assistance. No, but I have PCCharge issues as well. Two of our stores need to archive data, but the feature comes up with a separate error in each store. I have error PCCWHIST.MDB Error 3343:Unrecognized database format 'C:\Program Files\Active-Charge\backup\pccwhist.mdb AND PCCWHIS...

Sum on top of stacked columns #2
Is it possible in some way to add the sum of series on top of each column in a stacked column diagram? I am often using this feature in ThinkCell for my powerpoint slides. However, need to insert a stacked column graph from Excel 2007 into Word 2007. Currently, I've been using a text box with a reference. However, the reference in a text box is static, which makes it a source for error when inserting or deleting rows in Excel. Hello Drews. You can add a new series with the total sum and then: Change the chart type to line ONLY for this series. Format the series without lines or markers...

xp service pack 2 installation seems frozen
i am running Windows xp pro 32bit. I Had a virus and did a repair using xp disc, i managed to recover all my files and programs, but my windows reverted to service pack 1. Everytime i turn on my computer i get an update alert and you click on it it starts updating to service pack 2.The problem is it keeps stalling in the same spot for hours everytime.The dialog box says " creating cabinets", and then there is no progress at all from then on. PLEASE HELP!! Download Windows XP Service Pack 2 directly from Microsoft's download site to a newly created folder on yo...

2 questions one on list/combo boxes and the other on "atomically" hiding columns or rows.
I followed most of the post recently on the subject of list and combo boxes. From what I can tell I need to create a list but I need to have the list find the item and than a price associated with that item and than it's cost. Is there some where that I can find away to do that? The other question on the opening page of my quote sheet I have by columns the floors (4) of the house and under those a list of rooms (these are the headings of the rows) that are on each floor. In the following columns I have the my wiring combination. I have all this linked to other worksheets that have simil...

add pf To Other Calenders
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00B9_01C9724A.11E97A30 Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="iso-8859-1"; reply-type=original Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit Hello, I try to add a public calendar ( in my case a Public Folder on my exchange server ) to Other Calendars in outlook: All my clients have outlook 2007 installed. On a few pc's, after i click on 'Add To Favoritesi' the Calendar is not added and i cannot see the calendar in 'Other Calendars' Any idea, how to solve this? Tx, I follow these instructi...

How to get the graph #2
Thanks a lot. But I can not download the zip.file. :confused -- slam ----------------------------------------------------------------------- slamm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1501 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26876 Hi what happens then you try to download it? "slamm" wrote: > > Thanks a lot. > But I can not download the zip.file. :confused: > > > -- > slamm > ------------------------------------------------------------------------ > slamm's Profile: http...

Adding News to Outlook #2
I want to add News to Outlook. The help says to click go, but under go there is no NEWS listed. I also don't have Outlook Express, just news. Thanks in advance. Beach Runner <Bob4Health@hotmail.com> wrote: > I want to add News to Outlook. Outlook doesn't do news on its own. By default, it uses Outlook Express as its newsreader, but there are commercial add-ins you can buy that will add NNTP client capability to Outlook. > The help says to click go, but under > go there is no NEWS listed. http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/news.htm > I also don't have Ou...

On pre-printed paper(picture) how do I add script in white
I am trying to print white script on a pre-printed program. When sent to the printer the letters do not show. I have added fill to text box, but still letters do not print to sheets. I need help! If your printer does not have white ink, you can't. From what I've heard, printers that do have white ink are very expensive. -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 "bearbiz" <bearbiz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8ECBB048-CD15-4DC8-A425-48287DEB7EB9@microsoft.com... >I am trying t...