Slow Performance in 2007

My big files are prohibitively slow in 2007, i'm thinking of going
back to 03. Is it becuase these are converted 2003 files? if i rebuild
them from scratch in 07 will the percformanc improve, or does this
software really drag this badly. Any experiences would be appreciated.
Michael
0
mjd199 (5)
6/10/2008 4:51:41 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Money 2007 Deluxe vs. OA2007 Express for Personal Finances
Yeah, I know they're not really intended for the same target "audience." But the user interface, the glitches, and the gee-golly-look-at-this behavior of Money 2007 has really worn me down. I can usually adapt to software no matter how bizarre it's behavior -- as long as it is reasonably reliable. I even enjoy using interfaces that other people consider to be off-the-wall. Money 2007 (and its recent predecessors) appears to be an exception. I just can't stand to use this application. It annoys the living devil out of me that Microsoft appears to have thrown a lot o...

Office 2007 Enterprise Installaion Problems (proof.cab)
I need MAJOR help getting office 2007 enterprise installed on my computer. When I first tried to install office, I got an error message stating "Setup cannot find Enterprise.WW\EnterpriseWW.msi. Browse to a valid installation source, and then click OK". I found a "solution" on a different forum which said to run these commands in command prompt regsvr32.exe c:\windows\system32\msxml2.dll regsvr32.exe c:\windows\system32\msxml3.dll regsvr32.exe c:\windows\system32\msxml4.dll Install Well after those instructions, when i try to install office I now ge...

Excel 2007: Formula bar text flicker, can't access other open workbooks or close Excel.
I am working on a fairly large application that refers to code in several addins. Userforms are used, but there are no shapes, charts, etc. on any worksheet. My problem is that 'randomly', but usually some time after using the main form (that can interact with cells on a worksheet) the test in the formula bar textbox starts flickering like some code is caught in an endless loop. I can interact with Excel at this point, but can't naviagate to other workbooks or even close Excel without ending it's process via TaskManager. The only way to get the flickering to stop is ...

Why is first font action v-e-r-y slow?
I have WinXP SP2 with Office 2003 [2]. Each time I start Excel or Word (and probably others), when I first do anything font-related, it takes several seconds (sometimes 12 sec or more) to complete. Thereafter, the font actions are immediate. What is causing this delay? More importantly, how can I avoid it? By "font actions", I mean: pull down the font list on a taskbar; click on the font tab under Format / Cells; click on bold or italics on the taskbar. I believe the font delay is caused by some network activity -- perhaps a network search (for font updates?). I come to that ...

excel 2007 Beta-Charting
I'm having issues with the chart options. I'm trying out the chart type that contained two columns and a line all on the same graph. I have two issues with this First it appears that Microsoft has removed this type of chart as an option all together (used to be under chart wizard -> Custom Types (tab) - > Line - Column). Secondly the file that I currently have with this chart type no longer displays properly. By this I mean that the x axis categories are dates which are pulled using a formula. Excel however refuses to format these categories as dates. I can format t...

disable excel 2010
Hi, I've got Office 2010 installed (with excel 2010) and I've got excel 2007 installed. I don't like the newer excel version, I prefer using excel 2007. Anyways, I've tried running the office 2010 setup wizard, and removed excel 2010 as a feature. When I click on my spreadsheets, that same pop up box comes up wanting me to install excel 2010 again. How do I get my .xls files associated with 2007? Thanks, Joe ...

import powerpoint 2007 graphic into publisher 2007 & then pdf
Hi, I have a graphic made in powerpoint 2007. I can paste-special as picture(enhanced metafile) and in the publisher 2007 it looks fine. When I use the microsoft application to save as pdf, the graphic gets distorted with the shaded boxes (those going from black to gray to white) appearing all black. How can I fix this? Thanks! EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice ADO.NET True Binary Serialization / Compression of DataSets http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/95f02cf2-9875-492c-bb60-65f18369f612/adonet-true-binary-seria.aspx Are you using transparency? Can ...

Outlook 2007 problem sending email
Sometimes when I send an email in 2007, it sits in my inbox instead of being sent. If I open it in my outbox before it gets sent out, it never goes out even when I click the send again. I never had a problem with this in 2003. Is there a setting or something that would cause this in 2007. The only way I can get these emails to go is to completely redo the email. Any ideas? Thanks. Jayme The problem actually did exist before Outlook 2007. See http://www.slipstick.com/problems/outbox.htm for a workaround and more information on what might be causing this. -- Jocelyn Fiorello M...

Excel 2007 Beta 2 chart problems
When I run the macro shown below on a worksheet with columns of data (with column headings in row 1) I get some unusual results in Excel 2007 Beta 2 (different from Excel 97-2003). In Excel 97-2003, the Chart has 0 series before SeriesCollection.Add and 1 Series after SeriesCollection.Add. In Excel 2007, the Chart sometimes has multiple series before SeriesCollection.Add and one additional series after SeriesCollection.Add; it seems to depend on which cell has focus when the macro is run. Similarly for xlXYScatterLines charts where the Source is the Union of two column ranges. Ther...

Cannot delete files or folders in Outlook 2007 on Vista desktop co
At some point recently, I lost the ability to delete files & folders in Personal Folders of Outlook 2007. I can add new files & folders without problems. I've checked on the web and most solutions point to running Scanpst.exe. When I run this app, I get an error saying that OMMAPI32.dll cannot be found, even though I can see it in the Office 12 folder. One suggestion was to run "regsrvr olmapi32.dll, but it fails, saying the module couldn't be loaded. Can anyone out there suggest what I might try to correct this problem. I know I'm not along, becaus...

Problems in ACCESS 2007
2 serious problems i encounter . Any help will be wellcomed 11. I had a report based on a table.We decided to cancel 4 fields from tableand I removed them from report and changed the table qury on report - I checked the sql - everything looks fine. However when trying tto exec the report I get " enter parameter value" for all the fields I discard 2. I build again my db and get "RELATIONSHIP ALREADY EXISTS" even t they do show up in relation design Number 1. Open the report in design view. On the ribbon select the DESIGN tab Click 'GROUP and SORT' In the dialo...

Exchange 2007 junk mail
Hello all I have setup Exchange to send emails with an SCL rating of 6 to users junk-email folder. This works for the msot part but sometimes an email will come in with a slc of 6 and the email will go to the junk mail folder for a hand ful of users and the rest it gets sent to there inbox. The users who get the email in there inbox dont have the sender on any white list so im wondering how this happense? Thanks Two things to note: - Setting SCLJunkThreshold on the Organization to 6: This will deliver messages with SCL of *less than* 6 to users' Junk Mail folders, consistent wi...

Office 2007
Every time I start Office Word 2007 it starts to re - configure. I have tried to repair Office to no avail. -- winchester2120 ...

Access 2007 lost database
I have lost my database on two occasions. The last time is said it could not convert to and mdb and died on me. The second loss was from an .accdb which I created by starting an enpty 2007 db then copying the tables, forms, and modules from a 2003 mdb. And I still ended up having it die on me after spending half a day entering data into the new database. I am running under Vista Business. Not sure if "lost" means the file became unusable (corrupt), or whether it actually disappeared (deleted, or moved where you could not find it.) It is possible to configure Access so as t...

Outlook Mail 2007 with Windows
Can anyone tell me if Outook 2007 is compatible with Windows - 7? I have recently converted over to Windows - 7 and messages that I have attempted to send from Outlook mail seem frozen in my outbox. flg Perfectly compatible. What does "converted to Windows 7" mean? How did you migrate your Outlook data and settings to a new OS? -- Russ Valentine "Frankgme" <Ancaster> wrote in message news:2364CDD2-A139-4724-91FC-27B08D661F98@microsoft.com... > Can anyone tell me if Outook 2007 is compatible with Windows - 7? I > have recently conv...

Outlook 2007 VB code...
Please help me. :D I added in some VB code to have Auto BCC entered in all outgoing emails. Apparently with some of the code there was a problem and outlook crashed a few times. I fixed the code, but now outlook seems to be ignoring whatever I put in as VB code... It does not appear to be disabled in the trust center, what can I do? Thanks! /CL Wait for a released version. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching,...

2003 "color theme" file for Outlook 2007 / Office 2007?
Does anyone know where I can find & download a "color theme" file (.thmx?) for Outlook 2007 / Office 2007 which gives me the palette used in Outlook 2003 / Office 2003? I've tried a lot of web searching for that, with no luck. I know I can customize a "color theme" of my own, but I can't be sure I'd match the old colors as correctly as possible. Craig in NJ Did you try ThemeXP? Otherwise, I know of no options --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal acco...

Upgrade to 2007?
I'm using Outlook (and Office) 2003, with Win XPSP3. What advantages (and disadvantages, if any, besides the expense) would I find in upgrading to Outlook 2007? (Of course the upgrade would be to Office 2007, but for this discussion we can just discuss the changes to Outlook, not other Office programs.) Is 2007 less buggy, more stable? (Not always the case with new versions. Sometimes adding new features creates more bugs.) (For instance, would the problem I recently described of losing text on sending an e-mail, occur just as likely in OL 2007?) Thank you. Depends on what yo...

Exchange 2007 Mailbox server and Exchange 2007 CAS
Does a Exchange 2007 CAS server have to be in the same Active Directory site as the Exchange 2007 mailbox server? When I say site, I mean sites as defined in Sites and Services. I have a CAS server at our Colo site, and I haven't relocated our Exchange 2007 mailbox DR solution at the Colo yet. When I test OWA, OWA doesn't work. My understanding is that there needs to be a mailbox server at the Colo in addition to the CAS server. Yes? Thanks Ron On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 13:37:01 -0700, GoTrojans <GoTrojans@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Does a Exch...

Change version of MS office 2007
Hi, im currently using MS office that came from Windows7, im sure its trial, but i dont know which version are my currently version, how do we know what version that we have?? reffering to my MS feature, i guess i have MS office proffesional, and yesterday i just bought MS office Home and student, can i enter Home and student key license for my current MS office (seems to be Proffesional ver.) ?? if we cant, what should i do then, should i uninstall my current MS office version then Install the Home student version? Uninstall the Trial version along with the Activation Assistant ...

Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007 crashes on exit
Whenever I close one of Microsoft Office programs it says that it has stopped working and then it proceeds to restart the program. This happens when I close it by the x in the corner as well as the programs menu. Contact the IT department from the place where you purchased the Office Enterprise version from through the Home Use Program -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "cheer4jc" <cheer4jc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:606F9610-4619-4A9B-B1...

Outlook 2002 v 2007 Send Receive speed
My desktop pc has an AMD x3 435 processor (2.9Mhz) and office 2007 including Outlook 2007. I have two POP3 email accounts and when I do a Send Receive (with no out going or in coming emails) it takes about 10 seconds (with no errors) to complete. I have just purchased a small note book with a 1.6Mhz Intel processor, it has WinXP and Office XP with Outlook 2002. I have set up Outlook with the same two POP3 email accounts in exactly the same way, but when I do a Send Receive it only takes a second or two! I know this sounds a bit pedantic but I would like to understand why there sho...

Access form in 2003 vs Access form in 2007
I created an Access form in 2003 that contains 3 command buttons (like a switchboard). It works fine on my system but when I take it to a Vista machine with Access 2007 nothing works. Any suggestions? -- FKB Thanks Beetle, worked like a charm. Not quite the correct instructions but close enough that I could wing it the rest of the way. I'll be careful how I fish the beetle next summer. -- FKB "AR trout fisherman" wrote: > I created an Access form in 2003 that contains 3 command buttons (like a > switchboard). It works fine on my system but when I take it to a Vis...

Can Excel 2007 run ".xlm" macros?
Hi, Currently I am using Excel 2003 with WindowsXP. Excel 2003 is able to execute ".xlm" macros from Excel4. If I were to upgrade to Excel 2007, can it still run these earlier macros? TIA Tom Issue discussed in: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc179167.aspx -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201001 "Tom" wrote: > Hi, > > Currently I am using Excel 2003 with WindowsXP. Excel 2003 is able to > execute ".xlm" macros from Excel4. If I were to upgrade to Excel 2007, can > it still run these earlier macros? ...

Excel 2007 Formulas
I am trying to create a logic formula doing the following. IF B9 = A, and C9 = B, then H9 = C I have set up the "A's, B's, and C's" on sheet 2. B9 & C9 on sheet 1 are combo boxes receiving their lists from sheet 2. Any help would be much appreciated. Is this what you are looking for, entered in H9: =if(and(sheet1!b9="A",sheet1!c9="B"),"C","whatever you want when not true") Regards, Fred "susanmck" <susanmck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7DA310EA-F8EB-4521-B3A8-DE5FD707...