Show cells that are used for looking up information

I am building a spreadsheet for auditing process improvement progress.
It scores people on their adherence to the process on a scale of 0-9.
However, it is difficult to remember what the difference between say a
6 and an 8.  I have an array of cells on one worksheet in the workbook
with definitions of the scores, but its cumbersome to Ctrl-PgUp to get
to it.

Is there a way to put the score definitions in a pop-up window, a
hidden something that shows up and goes away on a macro, etc?  The
spreadsheet is about 500 lines long, so it would have to be location
relative.

Thanks in advance,
Corey

0
coreyt (3)
9/2/2005 8:33:14 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Corey,

You could put the scale on some top rows, then use Windows - Freeze panes
(first put the cursor just below the rows you want frozen on the screen).

You could use a modeless user form (Excel 2000 and up) with the scale on it.
This will require a little bit of code to make it appear.  This could be
dragged around at will.  The X button could be used to make it disappear.
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

"Corey Thompson" <coreyt@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I am building a spreadsheet for auditing process improvement progress.
> It scores people on their adherence to the process on a scale of 0-9.
> However, it is difficult to remember what the difference between say a
> 6 and an 8.  I have an array of cells on one worksheet in the workbook
> with definitions of the scores, but its cumbersome to Ctrl-PgUp to get
> to it.
>
> Is there a way to put the score definitions in a pop-up window, a
> hidden something that shows up and goes away on a macro, etc?  The
> spreadsheet is about 500 lines long, so it would have to be location
> relative.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Corey

0
someone798 (944)
9/2/2005 9:22:54 PM
How do I get the scale on the user form?  Is it be possible to make the
form update as the cells that contain the scale information update?

I have the form appearing.

Thanks,
Corey

0
coreyt (3)
9/6/2005 3:38:59 PM
Corey,

You have to put some kind of control, like a text box, on the userform.

Why not put your scale in the top rows of the worksheet, and freeze the
rows.  That'll keep it handy, and on the screen as the user scrolls.

Say more about your scale.  What's in it?  How many rows, columns?
--

> How do I get the scale on the user form?  Is it be possible to make the
> form update as the cells that contain the scale information update?
>
> I have the form appearing.
>
> Thanks,
> Corey

0
someone798 (944)
9/7/2005 3:54:32 AM
It is about 20 lines long, so the freeze panes don't work as well as
they might (the data entry portions really need about 25 lines to work
well).

If I put a text box on the userform, how do I get the contents of a
range of cells, not only one cell, to display?

Corey

0
coreyt (3)

Using mouse wheel in VB editor

Joining text with a formula in cell #4

Use exchange from a trusted domain

Single click selects multiple cells

Referencing cells across sheets

How to unlock locked cells by MACRO?!

Showing 3:54PM instead of 3:54:03PM

How Use ShellExecute with a CMemFile

Doesn't show busy,when scheduling meeting
Hello I have a user, who has meetings scheduled and shows up in her Calendar fine. But, when she or someone else tries to schedule new meeting, invite her, it doesn't show her busy schedule. It indicates as if she is available all time. Secondly, when she edits the meeting and marks as "Out of Office", than it shows up as busy. Her Out of Office is Off. Outlook 2000 with Exchange corporate setup. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks ...

Using INDIRECT within functions

How to use count for calls per hour

Protection/hide information
Good morning, If anyone has any useful web links for information regarding protection/hide information for 2000 & 2002 generally to broaden my knowledge that would be great. Thanks. Not really sure what you're looking for, but here's some info on worksheet/workbook protection: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html In article <O1SJMW$VEHA.4064@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>, "Kassie Alcorn" <marketing@qld.apollopatio.com.au> wrote: > If anyone has any useful web links for information regarding protection/hide > information for 2000 & ...

Outlook always looks to the web
Whenever I click on calendar or tasks or anything, I'm redirected to a web page that it can't find for a search. This just started. How do I shut it off ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...