Show blank cells as red with conditional formatting

Hello, what formula can I use with the conditional formatting dialog to show
cells that are empty as the color red.

Thanks in advance

bartmacl

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Click "Formula Is", and enter this:

=A1=""

And set your format.

HTH,

RD

"bmac" <bart.macleod@blackpearl.com> wrote in message
> Hello, what formula can I use with the conditional formatting dialog to
show
> cells that are empty as the color red.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> bartmacl

0
ragdyer1 (4060)
6/14/2004 9:29:42 PM
Hi
use the formula
=ISBLANK(A1)
if cell A1 is your cell to check

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

bmac wrote:
> Hello, what formula can I use with the conditional formatting dialog
> to show cells that are empty as the color red.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> bartmacl
0
frank.kabel (11126)
6/14/2004 9:34:13 PM
Formula is:    =A1=""

assuming the selected cells start in cell A1

Regards

Trevor

"bmac" <bart.macleod@blackpearl.com> wrote in message
> Hello, what formula can I use with the conditional formatting dialog to
show
> cells that are empty as the color red.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> bartmacl

0
Trevor9259 (673)
6/14/2004 9:35:43 PM
Thanks very much!

"RagDyer" <RagDyer@cutoutmsn.com> wrote in message
> Click "Formula Is", and enter this:
>
> =A1=""
>
> And set your format.
>

> HTH,
>
> RD
>
> "bmac" <bart.macleod@blackpearl.com> wrote in message
> > Hello, what formula can I use with the conditional formatting dialog to
> show
> > cells that are empty as the color red.
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> >
> > bartmacl

Thanks very much.

> Hi
> use the formula
> =ISBLANK(A1)
> if cell A1 is your cell to check
>
> --
> Regards
> Frank Kabel
> Frankfurt, Germany
>

> bmac wrote:
> > Hello, what formula can I use with the conditional formatting dialog
> > to show cells that are empty as the color red.
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> >
> > bartmacl

Thanks very  much.

"Trevor Shuttleworth" <Trevor@Shucks.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> Formula is:    =A1=""
>
> assuming the selected cells start in cell A1
>
> Regards
>
> Trevor
>

> "bmac" <bart.macleod@blackpearl.com> wrote in message
> > Hello, what formula can I use with the conditional formatting dialog to
> show
> > cells that are empty as the color red.
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> >
> > bartmacl

Prevent clicking on a cell

Paragraph formating jumps to defaults.
Hi, We are using Office/Outlook 2007 We have an email signature script that is run when users login, it´s working ok except for two things; If the default paragraph settings in Word 2007 for a user matches those in the signature script, the signature will use the "Base defaults" of Word 2007, that is SpaceAfter = 10 and LineSpacing = "Multiple" with a value of 1,15. So if I change the script to use SpaceAfter=0 and the user has set his/her Word 2007 to use SpaceAfter=0, the result will be SpaceAfter=10. If the script is set to SpaceAfter=0 and the us...

if cell is text move left one column

Where is the lasso feature in 2008? (was in formatting palette in 2004)

Showing 0 after decimal with ROUND

Formatting a subtotal line with a macro

formatting auto replies
Does anyone know of a method that allows outlook 2k2 to format automatic replies regardless of the format of the original message? I setup this automatic response rule that replies with a template, but problem is, when replying to http clients (hotmail or yahoo), the message at the receiver's end has words totally misplaced, all over the page. Any suggestions would be appreciated. ...

Separating Date and Time in a cell

Format for credit card numbers

Automatic changes in cells

Varying format
Is there any way to format a cell differently depending on the number of decimal places typed in? What I need is a minimum of 2dp but 3 if the typed entry matches. eg 1.2 appears as 1.20 and 1.234 appears as typed. TIA Ian Hi! Try formatting the cell with a custom number format such as 0.00## Al -- Alf ----------------------------------------------------------------------- AlfD's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=478 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27494 "AlfD" <AlfD.1f5q6o@excelforum-nospam.c...

Calculating on alphabetic cell content

Sorting Cells by Colors

Time Format Question
Hello, I currently have time entered like this: 173517 90207 I need to look like this: 5:35 p.m. 9:02 a.m. I've done a ton of research but nothing has worked so far. Thank you. With your values in column AA, try: =TIME(LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-4),LEFT(RIGHT(A1,4),2),RIGHT(A1,2)) -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201003 "Toria" wrote: > Hello, > I currently have time entered like this: > 173517 > 90207 > > I need to look like this: > 5:35 p.m. > 9:02 a.m. > > I've done a ton of research but nothing has worked so fa...

Zero to appear as blank
I have a VLOOKUP formula below. When the value is zero, I want the result to be blank. What do I do. =IF(A10="","",VLOOKUP(A10,detail,2)) Thnx Prakash..... =if(a10="","",if(vlookup(a10,detail,2)=0,"",vlookup(a10,detail,2))) Prakash wrote: > > I have a VLOOKUP formula below. When the value is zero, I want the result to be blank. What do I do. > > =IF(A10="","",VLOOKUP(A10,detail,2)) > > Thnx > Prakash..... -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com In addition to modifying your formula as Dave suggeste...

difficult format
I want to format a code like this: ##.0001.## so then i push it down and gives me 0002 and so on, the other ## r numbers. The problem is that when i do that, it sums in the last two numbers instead of what i want, so i ask if it is possible to format like this: (text)##.(number)0001.(text)## so it guives me the sum of number then do what i want. if it is possible how ca i do that? Thanks You can try this, starting in row 1: ="##."&TEXT(ROW(),"0000")&".##" You'll have to adjust the "Row()" number when starting in any other row. For example,...