Shortcut Ctrl-X not working on multiple cells

In Excel 97, on some spreadsheets I can't use Ctrl-X to cut multiple
cells at once.  Other ways to cut work, but Ctrl-X is my preferred
method.  On other spreadsheets this does work.  Has anyone ever seen
this before?

0
mctigrit (1)
9/21/2006 4:57:16 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

What happens when you try?

Nothing?

Error message?

Cuts wrong area?

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On 21 Sep 2006 09:57:16 -0700, "CDM" <mctigrit@yahoo.com> wrote:

>In Excel 97, on some spreadsheets I can't use Ctrl-X to cut multiple
>cells at once.  Other ways to cut work, but Ctrl-X is my preferred
>method.  On other spreadsheets this does work.  Has anyone ever seen
>this before?

0
Gord
9/21/2006 6:14:10 PM
The cells must be contiguous, and when you paste
the receiving area must have the same dimension or
be a single cell.

---
HTH,
David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Gord Dibben" <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote in message news:8il5h2phcj8v7tisv089v2fnarueal5lf1@4ax.com...
> What happens when you try?
>
> Nothing?
>
> Error message?
>
> Cuts wrong area?
>

> Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
>
> On 21 Sep 2006 09:57:16 -0700, "CDM" <mctigrit@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >In Excel 97, on some spreadsheets I can't use Ctrl-X to cut multiple
> >cells at once.  Other ways to cut work, but Ctrl-X is my preferred
> >method.  On other spreadsheets this does work.  Has anyone ever seen
> >this before?

Prevent clicking on a cell

backup file won't work!!
OK, now I've really had it! This is my last resort! Several years ago, while using Money 97, our computer crashed. We had backed up every time we used money, so I thought we were OK. However, we could never get the backup file to pull up after fixing the computer and everything was lost. I vowed that this would not happen again, so I tried backing up on a ZIP disk instead, and then on CDs. I also got on this newsgroup and got the advice that I needed to first copy the backup file onto the desktop and open it from there. I tried doing that with the old program, and it seeme...

if cell is text move left one column

multiple email identities

Separating Date and Time in a cell

Data migration - Adventure Works

Automatic changes in cells

Opening Multiple Web Links in a Column

Calculating on alphabetic cell content

Sorting Cells by Colors

creating template for multiple emails
How or can one create an email template (same subject line and message)for multiple emails (approx 100's)? Needing to shorten the time it takes sending 100's of individual emails (with the same subject line and same message) to sales staff on a weekly (some times daily) basis. Company does not want sales force using other sales persons email addresses (they are contractors). Try using a Distriburtion List, send one message, it goes to all of them, or get the message ready, put your address in the TO: field, and put everyone else in the BCC: field?? That way no one can see wher...

multiple iterations of same query
Running Access 2003 on Vista. I have a query that chooses 15 records at random. This works fine. What I want to do is run the same query for approx 110 different users, each with their own randomly selected 15 records. Obviously, I want to avoid manually running the same query that many times. How can I get around this? Post your query SQL. -- Build a little, test a little. "Nathan" wrote: > Running Access 2003 on Vista. > > I have a query that chooses 15 records at random. This works fine. > > What I want to do is run the same query fo...

calendar for multiple time zone users: all day events
Users in different time zones post absences and meetings to a shared company calendar. When an all day event is scheduled in one time zone, it shows as spanning two days for other time zone users. How do we make this work properly? For the others it does intrude on a second day. BossLady wrote: > Users in different time zones post absences and meetings to a shared company > calendar. When an all day event is scheduled in one time zone, it shows as > spanning two days for other time zone users. How do we make this work > properly? Until you upgrade to Outlook...

How do I create upper/lower case letters in cells?
I have a large spreadsheet with names/addresses that are all capitalized. I want to make them upper and lower case (SMITH = Smith). What's the formula? You could create helper cells with this formula =proper(A1) "boz130" wrote: > I have a large spreadsheet with names/addresses that are all capitalized. I > want to make them upper and lower case (SMITH = Smith). What's the formula? ...