Sheet name in another sheet's cell

Hi,
I have 12 sheets for 12 months
An other sheet is used for summary (sheet 13)
I need to copy range of cells (part of a column) from each sheet and put in
sheet 13.
sheet 13 does not contain the names of the 12 previous sheets.

Is there a way to tel the program:
to get value in cell C170 from sheet 1 and put it in cell D50 in sheet 13 in
a way that if i renamed one of the 12 sheets the sheet 13 will not be
affected.
Khalil

0
seminary (50)
3/11/2005 12:51:51 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

D50: =Sheet1!C170

If the sheet is renamed the formula updates.

--

HTH

RP

"Khalil Handal" <seminary@lpj.org> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I have 12 sheets for 12 months
> An other sheet is used for summary (sheet 13)
> I need to copy range of cells (part of a column) from each sheet and put
in
> sheet 13.
> sheet 13 does not contain the names of the 12 previous sheets.
>
> Is there a way to tel the program:
> to get value in cell C170 from sheet 1 and put it in cell D50 in sheet 13
in
> a way that if i renamed one of the 12 sheets the sheet 13 will not be
> affected.
> Khalil

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)

How can I insert a cell reference in a footer (eg for variable foo #2
Any ideas on how to do this? I'm trying to create a template with the doc reference number in the footer However, I'm trying to avoid users having to edit the footer (because this just wont get done). Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) With ActiveSheet .PageSetup.LeftFooter = .Range("A1").Text End With End Sub This code should go in the ThisWorkbook code module. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "wngg001" <wngg001@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A0F9D9E-269F-45CF-A6E3...

field name or schema name?
When i adjust excel column-names to match CRM 3.0 field names, preparing for bulk-import, should i use the (label) field names in CRM 3.0, or the schema-names for example, if i made a new country field, use Country 2 or New_Country2 thanks Kas use the schema-names -- -Nick "_Kas_" wrote: > When i adjust excel column-names to match CRM 3.0 field names, preparing for > bulk-import, should i use the (label) field names in CRM 3.0, or the > schema-names > > for example, if i made a new country field, use > > Country 2 > > or > > N...

VBA
I have created code that inserts lines into a financial statement but need to have certain cells in other code stay constant. B1 in certain code must stay at B1 regardless of changes to the spreadsheet. Any suggestions?? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Use the INDIRECT function. E.g., =INDIRECT("B1") The B1 will remain so regardless of inserting and deleting rows. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "bforster1 >" <<bforster1.1cmxzp@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in m...

Edit named range reference
Hope you understand my terminology I have a number of named ranges that I use a formula for in the "Refers to" field. The formula is actually larger than the space allowed in this field and so the end of the formula is not visible when I want to edit it. My problem is if I want to edit this field, I cannot move to the end of the formula. The moment I start moving it inserts other cell references. Is there a quick key or function key which allows me to edit this. Hope this makes sense When you select the formula, hit F2, and you can move about the formula at will without corrupt...

Run a macro from another workbook in the QAT
Hi, in Excel 2002 I'm able to create a customized button to execute a macro that is saved in another workbook and another path (a server for exemple), so when I click the button, this automatically open the file and executes the macro. Is this possible with Excel 2007 with a button in the QAT? On Mar 18, 9:41=A0pm, Wil <W...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, in Excel 2002 I'm able to create a customized button to execute a mac= ro > that is saved in another workbook and another path (a server for exemple)= , so > when I click the button, this automatic...

Number of active sheets
I have Office 2003 installed to Windows 2003 terminal servers but I have a problem with on of our users and excel. The issue is that when the user is trying to have multiple spreadsheets opened he keeps getting the message "This operations has been cancelled due to system restrictions- Contact your system Administrator" I can find no setting in excel to enforce a limit on the number of speadsheets a user can have open. Thanks in advance fo any advise Michael Not an expert in these matters, but; Is it possible that the user is trying to initiate another session of Excel vs....

Transfer Roth from One Brokerage to Another?
I'm using the Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe Trial. How would I go about telling Money about transferring a Roth from one brokerage to another (I'm letting money download the data from my current brokerage)? Is there some way to, perhaps, change the Financial Institution and account number and then let Money continue as though nothing has happened? Or, do I have to close the old account and then open a new one and somehow account for the shares? In microsoft.public.money, David A. Lessnau wrote: >I'm using the Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe Trial. How would I go about >...

Populating combox with worksheet names
Hi I'm using the following to populate a combobox on a worksheet with the names of all the worksheets in the workbook:- Dim ws As Integer With frmMenu.cbStartUpWorksheet For ws = 1 To Sheets.Count ..AddItem Sheets(ws).Name Next End With My question is I have one worksheet that is veryhidden and I dont want it to show in the combobox. How do I do this? Cheers Use the .Visible property which list out xlSheetHidden, xlSheetVeryHidden and xlSheetVisible.... Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Dim ws As Worksheet With frmMenu.cbStartUpWorksheet For Each ws In Wor...

Using a Text / Data output as a cell reference
I am trying to use the end of a column as a divisor and need to convert what i guess is text into an actual cell reference if possible. In column A, say there are 13 data points ending at cell A13. I then try to turn that into a cell reference with the formula ="A"&TEXT(COUNTA(A1:A13,),"0") I put this formula in B1 the output of this is then A13 what i need this to do, is be able to divide any cell by A13. The reason I am going through all this trouble is that there are many columns and each has a different # of data points. I hope this is somewhat clear. Thanks ...

Visio File Summary Dialog Box is showing wrong file name and size
Hi all, I am using Visio 2003 ActiveX Control in my application using VB.NET 2005. I am calling "visCmdFileSummaryInfoDlg" Command to open File Summary Dialog Box. Dialog Box is open successfully but it always showing Template file size instead of open file size in General Tab. The information it shows is: Type: Microsoft Visio Drawing Location: Size :(928 bytes) Based on: Template - ValueStreamMap.vst Can any one let me know about any property or way so that it shows correct file size? Thanks Asif Can we assume that the new drawing has been saved to disk before you call th...

Cell QA for Bob Phillips
Good afternoon Bob: In reference to your QA: (Which sheet was the active sheet when you right-clicked on the tab? It should have been Data Sheet). Yes, I did as you said, but I am not sure I placed the text string in the right place. I pasted it in View Code on the blank area to the right of "Project / Properties" section but for some reason it is not moving the text from "Data Sheet" to the "Activity Sheet". Is it possible to communicate with you directly so I can get this worked out? Thanks John ---------------------------------------------------...

Simple question
I have an xls sheet that always print 6 copies. When ever I want to print, I have to change it to 1 copy. It's only this one xls sheet. Everything else prints 1 copy like it's suppose to. It's not the printer settings. Like I said, it's just this one xls sheet. Can someone tell me how to make it print 1 copy only and then stay as 1 as the defualt. I have made many changes to the sheet and saved it many times, but it always defaults to 6 copies. Very Strange. Thanks in advance. Phil If maybe as simple as this, as each page can have the page count se individua...

Moving mailboxes to another server
Hi, We are running Exchange 2000 on a Windows 2000 server. I just built a Exchange 2003 on a Windows 2003 server. When I "right mouse" click on the mailboxes in the Exchange system Manager on the Exchange 2000 system, it does not have the option for "exchange tasks" to move the mailboxes to the new exchange 2003 server. It does give me the option in "AD". It's a slower process to move it through AD. Any thoughts to add the feature in the Exchange 2000 system manager? Mitch On Mon, 16 May 2005 09:30:11 -0700, "mitch" <mitch@discussions.micr...

CRM 3 - User Transfered All Cases to Own Name
We had a user that left the company. Another user transfered all of his cases (resolved / active) to his name. He some how reassigned all the resolved and active cases in the DB to his own name. Is there a transaction table for changes to cases? Or a way that we can roll back the transfers? Unfortunately, we do not have a back up. CRM does not offer a transaction logging sollution out of the box. The SQL database does, but this has to be configured and can only rollback all changes not specific ones. A thing you can try is (using the SDK) retrieve the last activity for each case ...

how do I get the if function to return a blank cell, not 0?
I am trying to create a chart from a series that contains data for each month. The series is calculated on other worksheets and copied to the worksheet containing the chart. I would like to have the cells for the months that have not been updated yet (now is January, there are 0' in all cells for Feb-Dec) to be blank (to create gaps in the chart) not 0's. Can this be done? Unfortunately, what you want, and what many of us have requested but doesn't exist, is a worksheet function like BLANK() or NULL(). The best we can do is use NA() in a chart's data source, which is...

how do I create a spread sheet to automatically calculate when I
On a new spread sheet I am entering numbers and I would like them to be multiplied and changed automatically. The formula is x*3 then less 40%. Can anyone help me. One way: If you are entering your numbers in column A, say, then in column B enter: B1: =(A1*3)*(1-40%) or, better, B1: =A1*3*60% copy B1 down as far as necessary. In article <678FA28E-14A7-40E5-B0DF-54D574F9F7E3@microsoft.com>, wbinfo <wbinfo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > On a new spread sheet I am entering numbers and I would like them to be > multiplied and changed automatically. The f...

How to slot cell values into pre-defined ranges
I would like to slot cell values starting from 500 upto 75000 in ranges (bins) like 500-999, 1000-1499, 1500to 1999 etc. How do i do this? I have 15 bins. pls help Not sure what you want here. Do you want to count the number of times values within a range occur? -- Ian -- "KDD" <KDD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:766017CE-A55E-42FF-AD8D-9E74E48CD568@microsoft.com... >I would like to slot cell values starting from 500 upto 75000 in ranges > (bins) like 500-999, 1000-1499, 1500to 1999 etc. How do i do this? I have > 15 > bins. > > pls...

Using Range names in selecting chart series.
Hi, I have a range named DataCount. This will count the number of data points i have in a column. I would like to use this information when specifying the series range in chart. ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).Values = "='System 4'!R2C13:R35C13" In this example I need to substitute R35 with DataCount. What is the correct syntax? Thanks in advance, Cherrs! What kind of variable is DataCount? Is it a named range? A VBA Excel.Range object? A string that contains an address? Does it reference R35 or R35C13? - Jon ------- Jon P...

How can I protect certain columns on a sheet so that formulas are.
How do I go about protecting certain columns on an excel sheet so that formulas are not changed by someone else entering data onto the worksheet Right click on the cells you want to allow data entry in. Then select "format cells", Then "protection". uncheck the "locked" box. Then protect the worksheet. "Tan" <Tan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7E54609-EA18-4882-8106-7B954F0C3F8B@microsoft.com... > How do I go about protecting certain columns on an excel sheet so that > formulas are not changed by someone else entering...

How to change default cell formats
When I open a file, all negative values are shown with a - before them, whilst my colleagues, when opening the same file, the negatives are shown in brackets ie. ( ). How do I ensure that when I open the same file, my negative numbers appear in brackets This is a windows setting. Close excel Change that windows regional setting|currency tab|Negative currency format to show ($1.1) Open excel You may have to reformat: Format|Cells|number tab|Number (adjust the decimal places and comma options) Easty04 wrote: > > When I open a file, all negative values are shown with a - before t...

graph creation from table using cells with links not possible
Hello, I have problem with MS Excel 2003. It´s impossible to create a graph from the table which is automatically fullfilled by the links to another sheet. I have to fullfill the table manually (numbers not links to them are physically in the cells) and only then I´m able to create the graph correctly. Is there some possibillity, how to create a graph from the table wich has links instead real numbers in the cells? Thanks for Your ideas. Regards, Bobr. ...

save first sheet in new workbook
Does anybody know if it is possible to save the first sheet into completely other workbook? If so, how can this be done? So in short: I've got to work with 5 different sheets, and everythi that's filled in on 4 sheets is mentioned on the first sheet, s eventually I only need to save the information on the first sheet in a other workbook (that I've created so the first sheet has the sam layout as before). I've created a commandbutton to check everything and to ask whether i should be saved or not. If yes is selected I want the sheet to be save in another workbook (named calcu...

display number as number name
I want to get the number name of the corresponding number i enter. Hi see: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html "Kamala Kannan" wrote: > I want to get the number name of the corresponding number i enter. ...

Applying autofilter to protected sheet
Hi guys, I wondered whether a user of a protected sheet can filter the rows while still having the sheet protected .... Any suggestions ? Thanks in advance, Brian Good afternoon Brian Ferris XL2002 onwards has this feature in the Protection dialog box. If you are using XL2000 or prior, then a trip here might help; http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter03.html#Protect HTH DominicB -- dominicb ------------------------------------------------------------------------ dominicb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=18932 View this thread: http://...

can we attach an image file to a excel cell ,like note pad comment
can we attach an image file to a excel cell ,scanned with a scanner ,like note pad comment ?I have a small database with 50-60 names and i need to save the letters written to each of those names .Please help. You can put the image in a comment: http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments02.html#Picture In article <66D49CAB-F151-42C9-8E55-E5CFC9CF3855@microsoft.com>, "PR" <PR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > can we attach an image file to a excel cell ,scanned with a scanner ,like > note pad comment ?I have a small database with 50-60 names and i need to sav...