Shared workbook and VBA problem

Hi Group,

I am new at this Excel stuff and I am hitting my head on a silly
problem that I am sure many have seen before.
I wrote a very simple spreadsheet where I use the Calendar control to
pick some dates. Everything was fine until I decided that I needed to
share it on the network with other users.
As soon as I share it the calendar control stops working. I get a
"runtime error 1004, unable to set left property of oleobject class".
That's because the first thing I try to do is position the calendar.
If I don't do that, it still doesn't work. I tried to use a combobox
instead of the calendar and I have the same problem.
Is there something I am missing here between VBA and sharing?

Thanks,

Jeannette

jeanne8 AT eblw.com
Jeannette
aa6jh
Bristol 32, San Francisco
http://www.eblw.com/contepartiro/contepartiro.html
0
jeannette
5/13/2004 5:06:31 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Combining columns/rowns of different workbooks + other question
Hi There, Can any one give me a macro/program that will combine selected columns (or rows) of a sheet in one workbook with selected columns (or rows) in another and save the combination in another file. TIA, -GHB Check out Ron de Bruin's site for methods of Copy/Paste/Merge Examples for getting data from multiple books to one book. http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm Maybe this one? http://www.rondebruin.nl/summary2.htm Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 3 Mar 2009 15:15:17 -0800, "Computerguy" <computerguy394-news@yahoo.com> wrote: >Hi There, > >Can any o...

Problem with Hotmail?
I keep getting messages queued up to hotmail.com & msn.com, but no toehr domains. I'm using Exchange 2003 on Win2k3 w/ GFI Mail Essentials & Symantec Mail Security. Tracking center shows the the items get as far as "Routed and Queued for Remote Delivery". I've deleted the DNS Cache on our DNS Servers & on the Exchange Server, which didn't help. I rebooted the Exchange Server last night which cleared up the problem until this afternoon, when the problem returned. I can connect directly with telnet from our Exchange Server to mx1.hotmail.com 25. Any...

problems with manipulating clipboard
I just want to copy some text to the clipboard. The codes are as follows CString Content="some words!" if(::OpenClipboard(GetSafeHwnd()) ::EmptyClipboard() HGLOBAL GlobalBuffer=::GlobalAlloc(GHND|GMEM_SHARE,Content.GetLength()+1) char *buffer=(char*)GlobalLock(GlobalBuffer) memcpy(buffer,Content,Content.GetLength()+1) GlobalUnlock(GlobalBuffer) ::SetClipboardData(CF_TEXT,GlobalBuffer) ::CloseClipboard() //::GlobalFree(GlobalBuffer) questions 1. Shall I free memory allocated by GlobalAlloc()? If so it doesnot work when i paste the text into a editbox. Is windows responsib...

Mouse Problem
When I click on one cell inside Excel, it thinks that I am still pushing the mouse button. Thus when I move the mouse the cells get highlighted and whatever I do I can't work on my worksheet again, I have to reboot my machine and NOT USE THE MOUSE inside Excel!!! How can I solve this problem? Sincerely, André. Sounds like you have EXTend in play. Look on Excel's status bar; do you see EXT? If so press the F8 key to make it go away Best wishes -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in e-mail address "Andr´┐Ż Gabriel" <AndrGabriel@discussio...

Pivot Table Subtotal of Calculated Field Problem
I have created a pivot table for the purpose of viewing revenues by sales person, company and project. I am having a problem with the subtotals due to my use of a calcuated field. PLEASE HELP!! Here is the info: Sample Data Sales Person Company Project Sale Price August Order Qty Sam Company 1 Project 1 $100 10 Sam Company 1 Project 2 $300 5 Sam Company 1 Project 3 $250 10 Sam Company 2 Proj...

CRM 4 Email router problem
Hi, When testing an account in email router after creating the Outgoing SMTP connection, it says that the version of my CRM Email router is earlier than CRM Server version... What does it mean? Please advise. ...

I accidiently deleted a 12 page workbook, how do I get it back?
I was copying a worksheet to start a new, 12 month, 12 sheets, new workbook and when I copied the page to start the new worksheet, the sheet I pasted onto new doc, was okay but I have to adjust all the margins, etc. However, when I went back to the 2009 doc, I clicked on the page to release it from being copied again, and the whole 2009 - 12 worksheets - where gone. Help me PLEASE, I need the 2009 document.....Thanks!!!!! Hi, List of options:- 1. use your backup. You do have one don't you!! 2. Close without saving. You'll lose the work you've done but should ge...

problem launching excel #2
I am using MSOFFXP ... I cannot get excel to come up by double clicking on my file....I hav to launch the excel program, click on open find the file and the select it... even if excel is running minimized clicking on a file in the explore will not open that file...the only way for me to open my files is b going through the excel program... my word program works as advertised... any suggestions?? Thanks \\ G -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try the following: goto 'Tools-Options-General " and uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try a...

Printing problem with amalgamated cells
Hi, When I print a form I created, some characters are missing in merged written cells. When I uncheck this option it prints correctly. But, it is better when I write in a table's location to have the whole package of cells united. Any ideas to fix that? Thx! Werner -- Werner ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Werner's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24304 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=384646 If I can assume that "amalgamated" is your language's w...

How can I attach a hyperlinked object in a workbook cell to email
I've very limited knowledge regarding programming in VBA, and would like to create a control button whereby hyperlinked objects within excel cells can be selected and sent as attachments to predetermined recipients for action automatically, and get a response back when that action has been completed. the idea being to have the same function would be available available on every row in the shhet of the workbook as required, such that the control button could be copied into each row as required. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. ...

Viewing another users shared tasks
I have a user who was used to viewing her bosses tasks on the same window as his shared calendar in outlook 2003. In upgrading her to Outlook 2007, it appears that his shared tasks can no longer be viewed on the same window as his shared calendar, and she must open the the shared tasks seperately... Is this just the way it is now? or is there some way that this user could see shared tasks along with a shared calendar as she is used to? its how it is now. there was a lot of confusion over the taskpad with shared calendars so they fixed it by only supporting the user's tasks on the tas...

Volume Problem in User Acct Only
Win XP Pro + SP3 + updates WMP 11.0.5721.5268 1 admin acct, several limited user accts I have a purchased audio CD that produces no volume in a user acct but plays correctly (with volume) in the admin acct. In the user acct I have checked all the volume controls, have run MS's troubleshooter utility, etc. No control that I can find is muted. In this user acct I can hear system alerts. Furthermore, with IE8 I can go to websites and play and hear videos. What can be blocking volume from a purchased audio CD that plays correctly in the admin acct? Isn't ther...

MFC CArchive problem
Hi all, I'm experiencing some problems with using the CArchive class. In a static library (LIB), I have declared and defined class A, and class B, which is derived from A. Both classes are declared serial and implement serialization in the usual way (zero-argument constructor & virtual serialize method). The problem arises in the following situation: an application (statically linking LIB) assumes a certain file contains serialized instances of class A, and deserializes them. It cannot however, deserialize serialized instances of class B. I have found the reason for this to be that ...

Msimn, INETCOMM.DLL problem
Hi i hope someone can help me with this proble. Every time i try to send out a e-mail with Outlook express i get this "Msimn" fault i am not sure what to do, i tried re-installing outlook and getting the latest version it runs on Windows 98 and this is the message that i get in "details" of the error: MSIMN caused an invalid page fault in module INETCOMM.DLL at 0167:5ec1ee59. Registers: EAX=27c89c8c CS=0167 EIP=5ec1ee59 EFLGS=00010202 EBX=00000000 SS=016f ESP=0056d83c EBP=0056d8a8 ECX=00000000 DS=016f ESI=00000001 FS=631f EDX=0000000b ES=016f EDI=0056d8dc GS=0000 Bytes ...

Mixed DLL Loading Problem.
Hi, Forgive me if this has been all hashed out somewhere. I am using Visual Studio 2003. I am using the book "Programming Microsoft DirectShow for Digital Video and Television". I have used Chapter 10 to learn enough to write a DirectShow Transform Filter COM DLL. That part worked OK. Then I wanted to add an IID_ interface. I needed a static variable in the DLL to hold a value that I want to pass in through the IID_ interface. That's when I discovered the linker error caused by MSIL whacko stuff apparently introduced in the first .NET compiler... :-) (LNK4210 &#...

Sorting problem, sums change
I have a spreadsheet with 12 worksheets. It totals fine the way it is, but on several of the worksheets I need to sort them by State, when I do, the totals change. It calls data from one of the other worksheets cells which remains the same. Once I sort one of the worksheets the data pulling from the other worksheets now displays #DIV/0! and my totals are wrong at the bottom. Any suggestions. Just a thought. Copy "Values" to another column, and then sort that column, and perhaps hide the original. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all...

Weird problem with auto quotes in Word 2003.
I've noticed that in Word 2003, when I close a quotation after a dash, the auto-quote makes it a beginning quotation mark instead of an ending quotation mark. Has anyone else run into this? It did not happen in Word 2000. How can I fix it? -Al- ...

VBA E-BOOK FOR FREE
Does anyone know where to download VBA in access for free? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Not sure exactly what e-book it is for which you're looking, but see what Allen Browne's hosting at http://www.allenbrowne.com/casu-22.html -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "EMILYTAN via AccessMonster.com" <u33296@uwe> wrote in message news:70a1d78050e82@uwe... > Does anyone know where to download VBA in access for free? > > -- > Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com > ...

Problems sending to one domain
Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003. This really has me confused - it seems no one in our company can send e-mail to a certain domain that we do business with. They send the message thru Outlook, I can see the queue bound for that domain in Exchange System Manager, and it appears to be sent. The queue is in a Ready state with the green circle on it. Message are not backing up and it doesn't go to a Retry state, however the recipients don't ever receive the message. No one ever receives an NDR either. What has me stumped is that I can telnet to port 25 on their server and send an e-mail...

Problem with a Registry program from Karen Kenworthy
Hi, I have a program called PTPruner from Karen Kenworthy, that has a problem I am not sure how to get around. I have emailed her, but I assume she is pretty busy and maybe she might still be hanging around here. :-) Anyway the code with the problem is below, it is a search routine to see if an entry in the registry still exists on the computer and it actually works fairly well, except with the one part which looks for a space and then strips out the left part to the space and checks if it exists, if it does the program marks it as true. The problem and I have marked the code...

Function or formula to show currently active workbook name in cell
Hi all. Excel 2007 / XP Pro. Is there a function or formula that will display the currently active workbook name (without the path or filename extention) in a cell on the currently open sheet in that workbook? There will be other open workbooks. Appologies if this is a stupid question. One way =MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("[",CELL("filename",A1))+1,FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))-FIND("[",CELL("filename",A1))-1) Or see: http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/WorkbookPath.htm -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com ...

Array problem
Hi In my code, I am storing the data of the worksheet in an array and then trying to paste the array into another worksheet. But the data in of the columns has text for about 600 characters. I am able to paste the array into another worksheet. But the column that has text character does gets cut off after few hundered rows. My data set is as follows Column A Column b Column C Column D Has data Has Numeric has numeric Has text with approx Y/N data ...

Excel Sorting Problem #2
I am trying to sort out my league table in order of points (P) bu everytime i select my cells (H15:P25) and then go data|sort|by (P Descending he screen flickers but they dont sort in order of points They just stay where they where before. Can anyone help ??? i can also send you the workbook if you want ?? Mny Thanks Benn bc1987@ntlworld.co -- cassy0 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cassy01's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=78 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31879 Benn, ...

VBA Sort method w/more than 3 Keys
How can I sort a worksheet in VBA on more than 3 columns? Same way as manually. Sort multiple times. Sort by the 3 most minor columns first, then the next 3 most minor, ..., until you get to the 3 most major. KenRoy wrote: > > How can I sort a worksheet in VBA on more than 3 columns? -- Dave Peterson ...

keyboard event handle problem!
hi all.. in my application i did handling to keyboard using preTranslateMsg because my application is dialog based. i called onKeyUp & onKeyDown inside it to get the necessary parameters cause i want to send them over network.. i also used Keybd_event. but when i integrated it in my application that handles the mouse too using ordinary mouse msgs from the class wizard i have problems in controlling the application. i can`t control the mouse move any more. what`s the problem? The question is too confusing to answer. You don't call OnKeyUp and OnKeyDown; the framework calls them for y...