Shading a cell using an if statement

Hi Group,
    What I am trying to do is to shade a cell when an arguement is true.
if(a3=10,shade cell,don't shade cell)

thanks a bunch for any help!!

0
dgaynor (2)
7/19/2004 4:02:27 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi
this is not possible with formulas as they can only return values but
not change formats. The only way would be to use VBA and create an
event procedure. e.g. something like the following (this code goes into
your worksheet module):
If Intersect(Target, Me.Range("A1")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
With Target
  If .Value = 10 Then
    .Interior.ColorIndex = 3
  End If
End With
End Sub

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Dan Gaynor" <dgaynor@shaw.ca> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi Group,
>     What I am trying to do is to shade a cell when an arguement is
true.
> if(a3=10,shade cell,don't shade cell)
>
> thanks a bunch for any help!!

0
frank.kabel (11126)
7/19/2004 5:44:51 AM
One option would be via conditional formatting ?

If you want A3 to be shaded light green
when the value in it is 10 or more

Select A3
Click Format > Conditional Formatting
Make the settings under Condition 1:
Cell Value Is| greater than or equal to| 10
Click Format button > Patterns tab > Light green > Ok
Click OK at the main dialog

If you want the fill color to appear in a cell other
than A3, say in the adjacent B3, you could try ..

Select B3
Click Format > Conditional Formatting
Make the settings under Condition 1:
Formula Is | =A3>=10
Click Format button > Patterns tab > Light green > Ok
Click OK at the main dialog

--
Rgds
Max
"Dan Gaynor" <dgaynor@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> Hi Group,
>     What I am trying to do is to shade a cell when an arguement is true.
> if(a3=10,shade cell,don't shade cell)
>
> thanks a bunch for any help!!

0
demechanik (4694)
7/19/2004 6:11:10 AM
Of course, if you wanted the shading to appear only if A3=10
just amend the settings accordingly to:

> Cell Value Is| equal to| 10

and

--
Rgds
Max
Please respond in thread
xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com
----

0
demechanik (4694)

Using mouse wheel in VB editor

Joining text with a formula in cell #4

Use exchange from a trusted domain

Single click selects multiple cells

Referencing cells across sheets

How to unlock locked cells by MACRO?!

GP 10 AP Reconciliation Statement
Hi All, I have one query about the reconcile feature that is available in GP 10 to reconcile the AP and AR to GL. It has come to my notice when i take a recon statement for AP it does not match with the AP historical aged trail balance after taking into consideration the unmatched and potentially matched transactions. I have taken the AP smartlist for the given period and compared it with the transaction being displayed in the recon statement. What has come to my notice is the recon statement is not taking few transaction like invoice or payment for some reason. I faced this issue with almo...

How Use ShellExecute with a CMemFile

Using INDIRECT within functions

How to use count for calls per hour

Anyone use Promys CRM software integrated with GP Dynamics?
Our company is considering using Promys as a CRM to create quotes and sales orders for the sales team. I am concerned about the integration with GP and what the pitfalls may be. Is anyone here currently using Promys with GP Dynamics? ...

Hi All, I'm creating a form that allows the user to pick a txt file (dialog) and then display the path and contents on the form. The code has been cobbled together as I found the pieces that worked, so bear with. I got the file picker working and displaying the file name on the form, but the file contents won't display. I had a feeling the problem had to do with importing a namespace (see the error in the code when I tried "Imports System.IO") or with a missing reference. Using Access 2003. References: VB for Apps, MS Access 11 Obj Lib, OLE Auto, MS V...

Can't use openURL or access internet on some locations
I have previously raised a question where openUrl threw an exception in a specific office location. However the problem I have now is that the application just freeze when I call openURL. It seems as it is waiting for something. This only happens at one company so far the company does have a proxy but so do I at work and I have no problems. I have also tried the Microsoft TEAR sample and it behaves the exact same way, it says "Opening internet...Connection made" and then it just stops. If I run it on my computer it gets the webpage and everything finishes ok. I have tried to set t...

changing a cell of 60 files
Hi all I've 60 files and another one which summarizes all of them.. I've to put a day in the cell a1 and then I'd like to cut and paste that day in the cell a1 of the other 60 files without having to change all of them manually. I'd like to save and then exit every single file.The files are named 0001 0002 0003..and so on. I know that this is possible with a macro..but I've got a problem.. It's possible not to have the prompt which asks for updates of the file everytime I open one of them?? Thanks for the help Rossella Hi Rossella http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy4.htm ...

unable to send outbound mail using outlook
I've enabled the smtp virtual server on our new exchange server and have our domain's mx record pointed to it. I've redirected our clients to point from our ISP's mail server to ours, but outbound mail is not working. when i tried to telnet to our server and do a "mail from: " of a local account, it's saying invalid address. Is there a separate setting to enable using this SMTP virtual server for outgoing mails? -Jerry Sorry... my mistake. I simply enabled message relaying and it works now. "jerrydy" wrote: > I've enabled the smtp virtua...