Several questions

I all of a sudden am using Excel again, this time Excel 7 and forgot how to
do some things.

1.)  How can I expand a page to fill the printer print area?
2.)  How can I print all the worksheets on a single document?
3.) Or page 1 of each worksheet?

TIA, GWB

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

1) You cannot expand a print area to fill a paper page. You can shrink it to
fit a specified number of pages. Open Page Layout tab and launch (click on
the arrow) the Scale to Fit group.

2) Office button (colourful ball) / Print / Print and in the Print What area
(lower left corner of dialog)check the Entire Workbook box.

3) Office button (colourful ball) / Print / Print and in the Print Range
area (centre left  of dialog) specify start and end page numbers.
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"GWB" <george.barrowcliff@flash.net> wrote in message
> I all of a sudden am using Excel again, this time Excel 7 and forgot how
> to do some things.
>
> 1.)  How can I expand a page to fill the printer print area?
> 2.)  How can I print all the worksheets on a single document?
> 3.) Or page 1 of each worksheet?
>

> TIA, GWB

0
bliengme (657)
8/30/2009 3:56:38 PM
For #1, but you can Adjust to 130% (or numbers bigger than 100%) to make it fill
the page better.  It may take a few experiments (adjust, then print preview a
few times) to find out what that golden number is, though.

--

Dave Peterson
0

> For #1, but you can Adjust to 130% (or numbers bigger than 100%) to make
> it fill
> the page better.  It may take a few experiments (adjust, then print
> preview a
> few times) to find out what that golden number is, though.
>

> Bernard Liengme wrote:
>>
>> 1) You cannot expand a print area to fill a paper page. You can shrink it
>> fit a specified number of pages. Open Page Layout tab and launch (click
>> on
>> the arrow) the Scale to Fit group.
>>
>> 2) Office button (colourful ball) / Print / Print and in the Print What
>> area
>> (lower left corner of dialog)check the Entire Workbook box.
>>
>> 3) Office button (colourful ball) / Print / Print and in the Print Range
>> area (centre left  of dialog) specify start and end page numbers.
>> best wishes
>> --
>> Bernard V Liengme
>> Microsoft Excel MVP
>> http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme
>> remove caps from email
>>
>> "GWB" <george.barrowcliff@flash.net> wrote in message
>> > I all of a sudden am using Excel again, this time Excel 7 and forgot
>> > how
>> > to do some things.
>> >
>> > 1.)  How can I expand a page to fill the printer print area?
>> > 2.)  How can I print all the worksheets on a single document?
>> > 3.) Or page 1 of each worksheet?
>> >

>> > TIA, GWB
>> >

> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
bliengme (657)

2 questions regarding graphs
Well, I really hope someone can help me out with this. Here are my questions.. (1) I have a graph with data that is based on cells with IF() formulae in them. I would like the blank response, "", to not show up on the graph. Unfortunately, I only know how to control displaying the points if the cells are actually empty, not if they simply show up as blank on the screen. Does anyone know a way to have non-empty blank cells not show up on a graph (2) The same graph has a baseline value and a goal value. These are represented on the graph as horizontal lines. If I create these l...

Excel question.
Hi, I'm trying to do a formula in Excel that has me stumped. Would appreciate a bit of help. I have the formula: =((C43*TAN(G29*PI()/180))/C45) Which in this case gives the figure: 0.429608961 I want the inverse tangent (inv tan) of this figure, which when worked out on a calculator is: 23.2487 Does anyone know what I should add to the formula to get the 23.2487 figure? Thanks, Nick > I want the inverse tangent (inv tan) of this figure... Hi. Try either: =ATAN(0.429608961)*180/PI() or =DEGREES(ATAN(0.429608961)) -- HTH :>) Dana DeLouis Windows XP & Excel 2007 &q...

Simple(??) lookup question
I'm sure this is simple for lots of people, but I can't seem to get it. I have a date generated by a formula. I need to see if this date is in a list of dates. I tried MATCH, but I couldn't make it work. I looked at VLOOKUP in the Help file, but couldn't see how to make that work either. I need this in an IF formula in another cell. If anyone can line me out on this, I would greatly appreciate it. Ed If you use vlookup with the false parameter at the end, that should work. Regards, Eddie http://HelpExcel.com Are the dates in the list and the dates returned fr...

is there any option to my question
FOR EXAMPLE I AM USING EXCEL>THAN 1 - 20 ROWS IN A SHEET OF DIFFERENT ALIGNMENTS & I AM STARTING 21ST WITH AN ANOTHER HEADING MERGED & ITS CONTINUITY WITH SOME OTHER ALIGNMENTS MADE WOULD NOT HURT THE EARLIER ONE I.E.(1-20 ROWS ALREADY USED) If I had two tables that were laid out differently -- including different columnwidths, I'd put them on separate worksheets. I would avoid merged cells. They'll cause trouble (sorting, copy|pasting, filtering, ...) later. MOHANARANGAN07 wrote: > > FOR EXAMPLE I AM USING EXCEL>THAN 1 - 20 ROWS IN A SHEET OF DIFFERENT &...

Conditional formatting question?
I tried to set two conditional formats across the same range of cells using Format >> Conditional Formatting. I tried to set Formula Is =MAX(U5:AB5), font = red, and Formula Is =MIN(U5:AB5), font = green. The font in all cells turned red! What would be the correct way to do this? Ed Try: Formula Is =U5=MAX(U5:AB5) and copy the formatting across The problem is that by using Formula is, you need to give it a cell/value to compare to the maximum or minimum to give you the TRUE condition You could probably get away with Cell Value Is: Equal To: =MAX($U$5:$AB$5) and make s...

Printing a report question
I have a report that prints a list of names. When I use print preview, the list goes to two pages. I would like for the page to print with the first page of names on the left side of the page, and the second page list of names to print on the right sidfe of the first page. (So there isn't 2 pages, just 1) Does anyone know how to set this up in Access 2007? Thanks -- Howard In "Design View" of the Access report, goto the "Page Setup" Tab (or Ribbon). Click on the "Page Setup" icon. Click on the "Columns" tab. Change the &q...

Apostrophes appear as question marks
When sending emails using Office Outlook ver. 12, service pack 2, the apostrophes appear as question marks in other email programs. I've looked online for some help but can't find anything useful. Is there a setting I need to alter? Derek;607199 Wrote: > When sending emails using Office Outlook ver. 12, service pack 2, the > apostrophes appear as question marks in other email programs. I've looked > online for some help but can't find anything useful. Is there a setting I > need to alter? Hi there, I'm having precisely the same issue with ...

AutoCompleteExtender question
Can the AJAX AutoCompleteExtender be set to show results in that *contain* the string typed in a textbox rather than *begin with* the typed string? E.g., "1000 Brussels" should still show up when "Bru" is typed... Thx for your help! Jokke Hello, > Can the AJAX AutoCompleteExtender be set to show results in that *contain* > the string typed in a textbox rather than *begin with* the typed string? IMO yes but I don't remember to have tried. AFAIK it just pass the string to your service and will display whatever is returned by your service r...

Full-text indexing question
All, Hopefully this isn't a RIDICULOUSLY dumb or over-asked question, but in your opinion, how useful has full-text indexing been to you in terms of the the performance of your Exchange server? -Pair Depending on the amount of change, it can really put your Exchange server on its knees. Especially if you update the index every 15 minutes. I have used it on selected mailbox stores, but usually schedule it only to update once a day (after hours.) -- Jim McBee Blog - http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com "TwistedPair" <twistedpair@mail.com> wrote in message news:...

miscellaneous payroll questions
Hello: Upon having to enter a reason for changing an employee's position or changing the employee's salary, you can only enter one reason a day. In other words, if you try to enter a second reason for him or her in the same day, Great Plains HR will not allow you to. It says that you can only enter one reason for that day. So, you have to change the date in the reason box in order to enter a reason. Is there a way to "fix" this? It's disappointing to a client. Speaking of this client, she says that Great Plains was forcing her to fill in all of the five org...

questions about money (current quicken user)
Hi I am thinking of changing from quicken to money. can anybody tell me is there any capability to share info with ms outlook, such as reminders etc. also is there a option for doing invoices. thanks tim Have a look here. May help http://money.mvps.org/faq/quicken.aspx -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "Tim" <adslk4at@tpg.com.au> wrote in message news:43eef869$1@dnews.tpgi.com.au... > Hi I am th...

Format Question
Hello! I am trying to set cell A5 = A1 + A2. The problem that I encounter is Cell A1 is all text and Cell A2 is a Julian Date that I converted to form of 5/1/2005. When I try to set Cell A5 = A1+A2 I lose the Date Formatting and Cell A5 brings over the text and the julian date. Any way to do this? -- donl ------------------------------------------------------------------------ donl's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21006 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=379620 in cell a5 type in =a1&MONTH(a2)&...

Task Pane/Help System question
hello, i've looked, but can't figure out how to keep the task pane/help system from opening on the right side of the window, every time i open excel. how do i disable this feature from opening/starting all the time? thank you. -- Indera * * * * * * * * * * Don't just live life. Live life well. Tools/Options/View tab - first checkbox "Dr. Indera" <dr.indera.bugoff@cant.spam.me> wrote in message news:OOj42g00FHA.3856@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > hello, > > i've looked, but can't figure out how to keep the task pane/help system from > opening on...

Formula Question #6
I am trying to move data that is currently in columns to rows Value 1 Value 2 Value 1 Value 2 Current way Value 1 Value 2 I want it to appear like this Value 1 Value 1 Value1 Value 2 Value 2 Value 2 Is there any easy way to do this in a formula. I have a spreadsheet that has a lot of data on it that I need to easily move into a display as shown above. Thanks in advance. -- Brian blanktree at hotmail dot com Hi if you only want to copy the data try the following: - copy the source range - select your target range - goto 'Edit - Paste Special' and ...

GMT(UTC) date Storage Retrieval Questions
I'm planning on converting all my database times to UTC. I've have all the procedures set up for converting LocalUTC and UTCLocal. One potential issue that comes to mind is what I call "Date RollUp" That is the time period at UTC time for a date, which will break differently than at the users TimeZone (e.g. Central Standard Time) when rolling up "dependent" data because of the time (hh:mm:ss) the data was originally time stamped (e.g. Central Standard Time). This may have an effect on dependent field values. For example if you are taking sales a...

DSum ? Question
I have a table with an Amount field and a Percent field, the data would be as such. Amount Discount $10.00 10% $10.00 5% How would I Do a DSum on this...? TextTotal = DSum("[Amount]*[Discount]) I need to get the total amount discounted. Thanks DS hi, DS wrote: > Amount Discount > $10.00 10% > $10.00 5% > How would I Do a DSum on this...? > TextTotal = DSum("[Amount]*[Discount]) > > I need to get the total amount discounted. Just do it. Use =DSum("[Amount]*[Discount]", "Table") mfG --> stefan &...

Mailbox Manager Question #3
I've created a new mailbox manager recipient policy. Now that it's created it is listed at the bottom of the list after all of my other recipient polices. The menu to move it up the list is greyed out and the same menu on the policy above it is also greyed. So, I cannot move it up the list so that it gets applied. Any ideas? What are the priorities of the two Policies? "SilverICE" wrote: > I've created a new mailbox manager recipient policy. Now that it's created > it is listed at the bottom of the list after all of my other recipient > police...

More Questions
My sincere thanks to the various people who have answered my previous questions about Visual C++ as provided in Visual Studio 2008. I have another question. When I create a new Windows dialog box-based application and put a button in the dialog box, the book I'm using for guidance tells me to check or uncheck the Client edge. Modal frame, and Static edge properties, but the book doesn't explain what these properties do. I've looked in Microsoft Help and other places for information about these properties, but haven't found information. I'll appreciate information ab...

AD connector and directory replication question
We're running Exchange 5.5 and have an external site running Exchange 2000 pushing and pulling GAL information to our site using their AD connector. We want to be able to send Outlook meeting invitations to each other and understand that in order to do this must allow the messages to be sent in Rich Text. My question is that is there a way to have the external site push their address list to us, and have the "Allow Rich Text in messages" option checked by default? (seems that when we receive their address list the users are imported as custom recipients without this item checke...

Re: Question on OVER Clause Useage
I'm using the OVER Clause with row_number in a view that I have created. row_number() OVER (ORDER by T.Description) AS 'RN' What I'm trying to do is get my RN column to display, in sequence the numbers 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8 for each row that is selected. Regardless of what column I put into the ORDER by the number sequence is anything from 3007-3008-3009 to 75-76-77-78. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Cheers -Ray I am not sure I understand the problem, but if you do not care about order by any particular column you can write: ROW_NUMBER() OVER(ORDER...

Blanket Purchase Orders question
GP now lets you enter Blanket Purchase orders, and decide whether the control must be done on quantity or value of your PO. I am not sure what this control does, but I was expecting GP to prevent me from matching invoices exceeding this control value. Sadly it does not seem to be the case. For ex, I enter a blanket PO for one item, Qty 1, Unit Cost =80 1000. I set the Control on Value. Now nothing prevents me from matching an invoice for =801100, or 2 for 900 then 200. Surely once the value is exceeded the PO is closed, but I would have expected GP to prevent me from exceeding this value i...

Calculation Question
Date Dates Days on Group Shifts Total Number of days missed Sick Gone By SickList Working Passed Group1 Group2 Group3 Group4 1/3/2003 1/3/2003 1.00 1 1 1 0 0 0 1/4/2003 2.00 2 1 1 1 0 0 1/5/2003 3.00 3 1 1 1 1 0 1/6/2003 4.00 4 1 1 1 1 1 1/7/2003 5.00 1 2 2 1 1 1 1/8/2003 6.00 2 2 2 2 1 1 1/9/2003 7.00 3 2 2 2 2 1 1/10/2003 8.00 4 2 2 2 2 2 1/11/2003 9.00 1 3 3 2 2 2 1/12/2003 10.00 2 3 3 3 2 2 1/13/2003 11.00 3 3 3 3 3 2 1/14/2003 12.00 4 3 3 3 3 3 1/15/2003 13.00 1 4 4 3 3 3 1/16/2003 14.00 2 4 4 4 3 3 1/17/2003 15.00 3 4 4 4 4 3 1/18/2003 16.00 4 4 4 4 4 4 1/19/20...

file open question
I have an issue that has developed with Excel 07. When ever I would click on a *.xls file I would get a short hourglass but nothing would happen. If I opened Excel first then the files would open normally. I tried registering the file type and then when I would click on a file I would get "c:\documents.xlxs could not be found" I could click ok and it would open another box with similar info. After several boxes the file would finally open. Now I get the same info boxes then Excel opens but with no spreadsheet. I can open any file normally from within Excel. ...

sql server 2008 db ownership question
Hi, In my SQL Server 2008, there is a database DB1 which is a database restore from SQL Server 2000 .bak file. In the SQL Server 2000, the DB1's owner is User1. But when I restored the bak file to 2008, the 2008 doesn't have the user User1, so the default owner of the DB1 in 2008 is dbo. I then added the User1 and changed the DB1's ownership to User1, and all the Tables under DB1 looks like the form of User1.Table However, in my query script, I have to type SELECT * FROM User1.Table If I just type SELECT * FROM Table it won't work. How do I fix this problem?...

Using MS / POS
I'm currently testing both MS POS and MS RMS and need some information on CC setup. 1. Does POS use the VITAL platform ? 2. Has anyone setup POS or RMS using Wells Fargo as the processor ? 3. Does POS have Debt support? Thanks Ed Ed, POS 2.0 supports Vital or FDC's platform for Debit and Credit. If you use FDC you can use Gift Card and Check Verification. Jeff "Ed at JKC" <Ed at JKC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CC128CE5-06A9-40EC-B463-80905A813C80@microsoft.com... > I'm currently testing both MS POS and MS RMS and need some infor...