Set default values

I've set up a template where I have headers and cell validations.  I want to
be able to have some of the fileds in the row autopopulate once the first
cell in the row is entered.  Do you know of a way that I can code this using
VBA.

For example, A3 is populated with a value, I then want G3 to be updated with
a "1".

AMFLMSC
11/17/2008 3:45:28 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

In G3:

=IF(A3="","",1)
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu2007k
0

"AMFLMSC via OfficeKB.com" <u31818@uwe> wrote in message
> I've set up a template where I have headers and cell validations.  I want
> be able to have some of the fileds in the row autopopulate once the first
> cell in the row is entered.  Do you know of a way that I can code this
> using
> VBA.
>
> For example, A3 is populated with a value, I then want G3 to be updated
> with
> a "1".

bliengme5824 (3040)

Default Account and Contact View
By default the system wants to display Accounts or Contacts as "My Active Accounts" or "My Active Contacts" How do you change the default to display *all* contacts/accounts? I went into Customization / Account / Forms and Views but can't seem to find where you'd change the default view for either Accounts or Contacts. Also, is it possible to change the view on a per Security Group basis, so that, say, an admin/manager's view would default to all contacts/accounts, but an end user would only see *their* contacts/accounts by default? Thanks - Daniel D...

How can I open my Calendar without defaulting to Calendar in Arch
I don't know why is my Calendar defaults to Calendar in Archive when opening it? I need to right click "Calendar" to open it in new window to show my recent meeitng schedules. Thanks "rrg1965" <rrg1965@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C9DE3C3F-6430-49D0-8C68-C019A6536D4C@microsoft.com... >I don't know why is my Calendar defaults to Calendar in Archive when opening > it? > I need to right click "Calendar" to open it in new window to show my recent > meeitng schedules. In Control Panel, start the Mail ap...

Return Value in Column 2 Q
I have a table which contains 2 columns and 30 rows of Data Col1 = Sales Col2 = ManHours I wish to "lookup" a value that is input into A1 (which will be a sales value) and Return the appropriate ManHours associated with these sales. My only problem is that my value in A1 will probably not match exactly what is in Col1. For example Col1 increments in 100's, so it will show sales of 9,000, 9,100, 9,200 etc Opposite these Sales values will be Manhours, say, 50, 55, 58 etc Cell A1 might contain 9,040, thus the value I want returned is 55. Likewise if A1 = 9,025 this should al...

How do I set up a custom size label in Publisher 2003?
I need to set up a custom-size label in Publisher 2003 in order to do a mail-merge project. In page setup, custom, type your label dimensions, click change copies per sheet. Type in the margins and the gaps. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "PhilNat1" <PhilNat1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9B7356FC-6C3F-43D2-AEE4-95C476C99517@microsoft.com... >I need to set up a custom-size label in Publisher 2003 in order to do a > mail-merge project. Hey, glad to help. Thanks for postin...

Formula to print a datum in color contingent on value.
I need a formula that will change the displayed color of a value based on amount. For example: under 200=yellow, over 200=red. Also, can I add input from a third column? For example: under 200 and Column D=No, then yellow. under 200 and column D=yes, then green. Try conditional formatting for the cells Click on /scroll over cells you need to format FORMAT>CONDITIONAL FORMATTING "Shadyhosta" wrote: > I need a formula that will change the displayed color of a value based on > amount. > For example: under 200=yellow, over 200=red. > Also, can I add input from a thi...

Deleting row with specific value
Could some kind soul please advise syntex (macro)for deleting a row if first 3 character of a cell contains "FST" I have some value in column "H" which contains value FST,FST1,FST2 and so on. What i want to do is that if first 3 chracters in column "H" has a value "FST" then i want to delete that row. Thanks in advance Regards Jed try sorting and then deleting. Record a macro if desired. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Jed" <vinod.jethwa@selex-sas.com> wrote in message news:43c65ba5$1_1@glkas0286.greenl...

Attachment size default setup restrictions
I would like to setup a global default for the attachments size in our server. I am not able to send a file that has a size of 6 MB and I would like to know If the MS Exchange 2003 server is installed with a limit restrictions by default. Please advise how to check this information. Thank you in advance for your help. the default limit is 10 Megs to change, goto Global Settings/Message Delivery and select the Defaults tab or did you want to set sizerestrictions to/from internet? /LasseP "nangel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8b9601c432...

How can i set the style of a CTreeCtrl within a CTreeView ?
Im using a MFC CTreeView which fits nicely with what im trying to do. I need to change the style of the nested CTreeCtrl. There is no easy way to do this, the documentation points to using SetWindowLong. void CMyTreeView::OnInitialUpdate() { CTreeView::OnInitialUpdate(); CTreeCtrl& tree = GetTreeCtrl(); HTREEITEM root_item = tree.InsertItem(CString("MyProject")); HTREEITEM init_request = tree.InsertItem(CString("Item 1"), root_item); HTREEITEM doc_package = tree.InsertItem(CString("Item 2"), root_item); ASSERT(tree.GetSafeHwnd() != NULL ); ::Set...

comparing values
Hello, I would like to compare values in a excel spreadsheet. I want to have it compare two columns that would be in scrambled order. For example: If anything in column A equals anything in column B then place a check in column C. Here is an example of what it could look like. I appreciate any suggestions. 1 2 2 3 X 3 4 X 4 X Thanks Tom Tom, Put this formula in C1 and copy down =IF(NOT(ISNA(MATCH(A1,B:B,0))),"X","") -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct)...

merging values to word
i am merging numbers to word documents and the formatting will not stay. e.g. 45698723.2365879 is what shows up in my merge, however in excel i have formatted it so it appears as $45,698,723.24 can anyone help on this issue? ...

how to totalize only column value from certain accounting -> Currency format
For a sheet with invoices I need to totalize column values from a different currency (cell format Accounting). How to perform? All cells can have any currency USD or EUR. Column A Column B: USD 5,000.00 EUR 3,765,00 USD 100.00 Total USD 5,100.00 Total EUR 3,765.00 Thank you, Bart Excel 2003 =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A3="USD"),(B1:B3)) similar for euros -- Gary''s Student - gsnu2007c "AA Arens" wrote: > For a sheet with invoices I need to totalize column values from a > different currency (cell...

Status Reason values of task greyed out
Can anyone tell me why the Status Reason values of the Task entity are greyed out? ...

Create Order doesn't copy values for custom attributes
Using CRM 3.0 We have added a bunch of custom attributes to our Quote, Quote Details, Order and Order Details entities, but when I create an order from a quote (by using the Create Order toolbar button on the Quote form) the values for these custom attributes are not copied to the newly created order. When I go and look at the created order, all the custom attributes are empty. I can see them on the quote though. All standard attributes are copied as expected. I have verified that the schema names are the same in both Quote and Order (not sure if that makes a difference though). Is th...

Auto Calculation Setting
The setting for auto calculation on one of our computers resets its self to manual. This has happened twice now. Is there some type of bug with excel or is there something that needs to be done to save the setting. It is under TOOLS-OPTIONS-CALCULATION (tab). Thanks CJ If you open a spreadsheet where the calculation is set to manual - it will then change to manual for all spreadsheets you have open. -- Regards, Martin "Chance224" wrote: > The setting for auto calculation on one of our computers resets its self to > manual. This has happened twice now. Is ther...

Posting account is not set up for state tax
For some reason I am now getting this message when trying to run my payroll. "Posting account is not set up for state tax". This appears as a critical error on my check file report and it won't let me calcuate checks until this is fixed. I have state tax posting accounts set up as I have been running payroll on this program for the last 5 years without this error. How can this be resolved so I can run payroll? Go to tools-setup-posting-payroll accounts Change the drop down for the state taxes and make sure you either have an ALL ALL ALL, or a specific code in there for a t...

Making a query that shows a value based on another value.
Hi I have a Query that extracts two fields of data from a table 1. CustomerName (Contains customer name) 2. BuySell (Has either the Word "Buy" or "Sell") However I wish this query to display CustomerName (As above) but I want it to display a word based on whether field 2 is the word 'Buy' or the word 'Sell'. So for example if the word 'Buy' is in field 2 then I want the word 'RHS' to be displayed and if the word 'Sell' is in field 2 I want the word 'LHS' to be displyed. I do not need this to save into a table jus...

Checking ALL fields for missing values
I would like an Error Message to display the names of the Fields missing data entry BEFORE the a macro to open the next form is intiated. The forms are mostly point n click in option groups. I want to make sure the person entering data did not miss any fields before clicking the macro to open the next form. If they do miss a field, I want the name of the field displayed and the focus of the cursor set back to the missing item. I'm relatively new to VBA code, so if there is an easy code that anyone knows..it would be helpful Thanks. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.acce...

cell displays formula instead of value #2
Hi, Excel 2003 SP2 I have a new blank workbook, and on a new blank worksheet I format columns A - D as Text. A1 = [This_] B1 = [is_] C1 = [text.] D1 = [=CONCATENATE(A1, B1, C1)] D1 now displays [=CONCATENATE(A1 ,B1, C1)] instead if the expected [This_is_Text.] Please help. I have hours in this :(( Thanks Jeff Higgins Jeff D1 should have been formatted as "general". Format it, re-type formula? HTH Beege "Jeff Higgins" <oohiggins@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:RFBzf.218$Cp2.147@fe03.lga... > Hi, > Excel 2003 SP2 > I have a new blank workbook, > a...

Extract AutoFilter Column Values?
Hi all, I have a column of road names, with various repititions of the same name. I want to extract each individual road name to a separate column (exactly the same as the Data>Filter>Autofilter command). The column has about 500 records of 50 unique road names, and its these unique road names that I want?? Please help, its greatly appreciated!! Regards, Dwayne -- dwayneh ------------------------------------------------------------------------ dwayneh's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21211 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/show...

How to find other attribute value corresponding searced attribute
Header("Item1") returns <MenuItem Content="Open file" Name="Item1" /> How to change this so it returns Content attribute value "Open file" corresponding to Name attribute value ? public static string Header(string entity) { return Menu.Descendants("MenuItem").Where(m => (string)m.Attribute("Name") == entity).Single().ToString(); } Menu type is XElement and it contains: <Menu> <MenuItem Content="File"> <Items> <MenuItem Content="FilemenuSubMen...

Return Corresponding Value Based on Comparing Two Sheets of Data
Can someone please help me find a formula (or two) for this example. If you can show me a couple of ways to do this (so I can learn), I'd greatly appreciate it! Thanks! I'm trying to figure out a formula (or two) that will help me auto-populate the ? fields within ColumnB of Sheet 2. Also, I want the ? value for the "8888" row to return blank, since it does not exist in Sheet 1. Sheet 1: ColumnA ColumnB 1234 20 4321 10 5678 11 8765 - 9999 12 7777 13 Sheet 2: ColumnA ColumnB 5678 ? 8765 ...

Setup failed to validate Report Server
I've been having trouble installing CRM 3.0 Professional and connecting to an existing SQL Server 2005 Report Server (on a different machine). The error message is: Setup failed to validate Report Server 'url' - Object Reference not set to an instance of an object I finally figured out the problem. For some reason, it was permissions issue on the C:\Windows\temp folder of the machine where Report Server was installed. After changing permissions so the Report Server was able to read/write that folder, CRM installed. Just thought I'd post this info in case anyone else...

Difference between .text and .value property
Hi recently I was trying to create a userform where I was giving the valu of text box to a cell. The textbox value was more that 255 chars and used following method. range("A25").value = txtUpdate.value which then I tested I got a result as #Value error in the cell... I changed the code to range("A25").value = txtUpdate.text and it worked.... can somebody tell me the difference between the above 2.. Thanx in advance Keda -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

how do I set up my Teksavvy email to go through outlook?
Learn how to post a question: http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm See that large white space beneath the subject line? Use it to provide = at least a modicum of information about what you are trying to = accomplish. Otherwise, you are wasting our time and yours when someone = has to come along and try to pry information out of you. --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All = unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without = reading. "chantalle" <chantalle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote NOTHING!...

Replace zero values with blank
Hi, I have an excel file with demand data per month. It looks something like below but has got 20 000 rows instead of one. 1 0 3 12 3 4 0 10 12 10 11 0 The calculations I need to do on each row are: frequency, median and minimum value. However the calculation needs to be done without zero values. The zero values needs to be replaced by blanks. I have tried CTRL + H to replace the zero values. But it gives me the problem that the zero in 20, 10 etc. gets replaced by blank too. Does any Excel master know how to change all zeros to blanks in a data range? Looking forward on an answer. /Dan...