series of dates, step by 1, Mon-Thurs only, for 2007

I would like to have all the dates I'm going to work from Jan 29/07 to Dec
31/07, leaving out all Fri, Sat and Sun dates.

I'm not sure how to do this.

Can someone help me please??
Thanks!!

....Lisa, using Excel 2003

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

"Lisa Hetherington" <gerry.l...@sympatico.ca> wrote...
>I would like to have all the dates I'm going to work from Jan 29/07 to Dec
>31/07, leaving out all Fri, Sat and Sun dates.

Enter Jan 29 in cell A1, enter the following formula in A2,

=A1+IF(WEEKDAY(A1,2)=4,4,1)

and fill A2 down as far as needed.

0
hrlngrv (1990)
1/24/2007 10:13:36 PM
Perfect!!
Thank you.

....Lisa
"Harlan Grove" <hrlngrv@aol.com> wrote in message
> "Lisa Hetherington" <gerry.l...@sympatico.ca> wrote...
>>I would like to have all the dates I'm going to work from Jan 29/07 to Dec
>>31/07, leaving out all Fri, Sat and Sun dates.
>
> Enter Jan 29 in cell A1, enter the following formula in A2,
>
> =A1+IF(WEEKDAY(A1,2)=4,4,1)
>
> and fill A2 down as far as needed.

Outlook 2007 licence key doesn't work on new laptop
I have transferred to a new laptop using the MS transfer programs and now outlook is asking for a licence key. Only problem is when I enter a licence key it says that the key is invalid! ANy suggestions on who to turn to? And how did you transfer? there is no MS transfer program "cjbroad" <cjbroad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DB856BF0-5143-4E8F-B90C-FF1185EF312C@microsoft.com... > I have transferred to a new laptop using the MS transfer programs and now > outlook is asking for a licence key. Only problem is when I enter a > licence &...

Date Comparison Driving Me Crazy
Hi - Im trying to compare dates using greater than (>) and less than (<) operands in order to advance calculations. I am going to do a nested "IF" statement (probably 3 or 4 levels) that will involve calculations. The nested IF's will be comparing various dates (both dates in a cell, and "hard coded dates"). I started with a simple 2-level nested IF returning only 0, 1, or 2, so I could confirm the logic worked before I put in the calcuating formula's. They didn't work, and I noticed my "MM/DD/YY" date was not being compared correctl...

no date/time on individual emails in inbox
Hi, Currently my inbox emails are showin up correctly in the "list" view with recipient, title and date and time. However when I click on each individual email they read "sent:none" instead of the date/time. This is just in my inbox, but is a problem when printingor fowarding a copy as they have no date/time on. Have tried uninstalling and re-installing outlook but with no success Any help would be greatly appreciated. Did outlook download the messages or did you import them? What type of email account? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips:...

A reducing number by given dates
Hi all, basically what im trying to create is a spreadsheet showing ho many payments i have left on an item i purchased. Now i pay $100 o this item on every 2nd friday. So my question is, what is a formul that will look at todays date and reconise that it is the second frida when payment is due and reduce a given figure in a cell by $100. Fo example, Total cost is $1000, payments = $100, payments are due o 07/10/05, 21/10/05, 04/11/05 etc So when the 07/10/05 arrives tota cost will = $900, when 21/10/05 arrives total cost will = 800 etc Obviously when the date is other than specified the tota...

MS Publsiher 2007
This version comes with only 10 fonts with it. How do I get more font choices? Does your printer have built in fonts? Disable your printer's fonts and you should see more fonts. Windows installs core fonts. http://www.ascendercorp.com/msfonts/msfonts_productlist.html -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "cumarcia" <cumarcia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CA1F1FB6-ED03-4B83-BC64-AEB4DAB8A7B9@microsoft.com... > This version comes with only 10 fonts with it. How do I get more font ...

Outlook 2007 setting default spelling in Outlook.
Hi all, I am using Microsoft Office 2007, on a new computer with XP Home. I have set the default language to "English UK" in Word. On writing emails in "Outlook 2007" when I check the spelling (which I need to do) It keeps reverting to "English US" is there a way to set the default to "English UK" please? Outlook is set to use Word for spelling. Mick. What is your keyboard language set for? Also, under Outlook's Tools->Options->Spelling tab, what language shows there? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the g...

Exchange 2007 DL lists issue universal\domain local\global
Hi, Yesterday we experienced a situation which can really be classified as a bug. After completing the installation of our first Exchange 2007 server into the Exchange 2003 forest, a number of users begun logging tickets related to mails never being delivered. Our Environment has 2 Exchange 2003 Backend Clusters with our users distributed across these, 2 Exchange 2003 Frontend servers and our new Exchange 2007 server with just 2 or 3 test mailboxes so far. The issue we experienced yesterday was limited to users homed on only one of the two, 2003 backend clusters. these users would send emai...

Date Function not recognised
I have Access 2002 SP3 on both my desk computer and my laptop. I also have Access 97 on both machines. On my desktop I have an application which works perfectly in Access 2002. I copied the mdb to my laptop, and when I open the application it will not recognise the DATE () function which is the default on some of the forms. Instead I get #Name displayed where there should be the current date. In the module References I have DAO 2.5/3.5 checked on both machines. Does anyone have any ideas??? You're missing another reference on the errant machine.Here are Doug Steele's instru...

can't sign files bigger than 1 GB
Hello, I have a VeriSign Class 3 Code Signing 2009-2 CA certificate and I'm trying to sign an executable file which is bigger than 1 GB, but I always get this error message: "The Digital Signature wizard did not complete." Is there a size limitation for signing files with signtool? If yes, how can files bigger than 1 GB can be signed? Thank you in advanced. amatcovici wrote: > Hello, > > I have a VeriSign Class 3 Code Signing 2009-2 CA certificate and I'm trying > to sign an executable file which is bigger than 1 GB, but I always get this &...

Chart Series Not displayed
I have 15 chart series in my chart. When I view them on the 'command line' within the chart, I only see 14. When I view them through the Chart -> Source data page, I see 15 series. The 15th series is not being displayed on the chart. Where is it and what do I need to do to get it to display? Thanks, Barb Reinhardt Hi, I assume by 'command line' you mean formula bar. The series formula will only appear if the series has valid data. If you have empty cells or #N/A's then it will not appear. Cheers Andy Barb Reinhardt wrote: > I have 15 chart series in ...

last sale date
HI All I am looking for a table that would have the date that an inventory item was sold on. I browsed sop and inventory tables. I found last purchased date on IV QTY Master IV00102, but I cant find one for sales. Anyone know if there is such a field and what table it may be on? -- Ian There does not appear to be such a date. "Ian Richardson" <IanRichardson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:536A4CEF-789B-465B-A5C8-F0FF4722FEAB@microsoft.com... > HI All > > I am looking for a table that would have the date that an inventory item > was > s...

auto change number to dates
im trying to make a schedule, but when i type 7-3 it auto-changes to 3-Jun. i tried turning off auto correct, but it doesnt work....this is driving me nuts and the schedule is now late. Pre-format the cells as Text or type an apostrophe before your data. '7-3 Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sat, 6 Nov 2004 17:20:03 -0800, ccmike123 <ccmike123@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >im trying to make a schedule, but when i type 7-3 it auto-changes to 3-Jun. > >i tried turning off auto correct, but it doesnt work....this is driving me >nuts and the schedule is now late. ...

Counting business day from one date
I am trying to create a report and want to count 7 business days from an entry date. The entry date occurs in the past (not today's date). All of the code I find is for counting the days between two days. Please help! Try this function: Public Function PlusWorkdays(dteStart As Date, intNumDays As Long) As Date PlusWorkdays = dteStart Do While intNumDays > 0 PlusWorkdays = DateAdd("d", 1, PlusWorkdays) If Weekday(PlusWorkdays, vbMonday) <= 5 Then '-- If you have a Holiday Table use the next IF instead! ' If Weekday(PlusWorkdays, vbMonday) <= 5 ...

Excel 2007 01-18-10
Have Windows 7 and Office 2007 Pro Plus. On certain files whether locally or on the network I try to open a spreasheet and the excel page goes white. Error"Microsoft Excel has stopped working" File will nopt open. have done diagnostics, repair install and a complete removal and reinstall of Office. Business contact manager 2003 will not uninstall. Any suggestions? ...

Date and Time in a cell
Hello -- I have a cell formatted as date and time. Is there a way to extract just the time portion of that cell to another cell? Thanks! ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ sure. Just format it as time. "fluff" <fluff.whm4b@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:fluff.whm4b@excelforum-nospam.com... > > Hello -- > > I have a cell formatted as date and time. Is there a way to extract > just the time portion of that cell...

Calculating with dates
Apologies if this should be in the section for new users. What I have are many rows with a 'from date' (ColumnA) and a 'to date' (columnB). Now what I want is at the end of each row, to display how many days of data is covered. For example 1/1/01 (cell A1)to 2/1/01 (cell B1) would be 2 , as it has 2 days worth of data (the 1st and 2nd). Now what I've been doing is something like (B1-A1)+1=Answer (answer in C1) but what happens, is the rows that are blank (e.g A235 and B235) result in 1, as it's doing the sum (0-0)+1. On another worksheet I want a total. All the C c...

Access 2007 capacity
What is the maximum number of records that Access 2007 can handle? My friend wishes to set up a disco database containing all his tracks - and he has over 24000, needing 11 fields per record. Reply via Newsgroup Richard H wrote: > What is the maximum number of records that Access 2007 can handle? > > My friend wishes to set up a disco database containing all his tracks > - and he has over 24000, needing 11 fields per record. > > Reply via Newsgroup That is tiny. Tell him not to worry. FYI the limits are only on total file size (2GB), not number of records. -- Rick B...

Date & time substraction
Cell A1 13/01/2008 10:25 AM Cell A2 17/01/2008 06:10 PM How to acheive difference between cell A2 & A1 in hours? Thanks in advance Vinay Dalmia =a2-a1 and give this cell a custom format of: [hh] or [hh]:mm or [hh]:mm:ss or whatever you like. VINAY DALMIA wrote: > > Cell A1 13/01/2008 10:25 AM > > Cell A2 17/01/2008 06:10 PM > > How to acheive difference between cell A2 & A1 in hours? > > Thanks in advance > > Vinay Dalmia -- Dave Peterson Assuming you want hours as a floating point number... =24*(A2-A1) Rick "VINAY DALMIA&qu...

Expired Dates
I have a simple Excel spreadsheet with about 50 rows and 8 columns of dates. Each row is a different activity entry and all columns in each row have a date cell with a simple + or - formula relating to a base date in the final column. Although it is not important for the logic, the final column is the starting date for works on a construction site and the preceding dates are all critical events leading up to the starting date. Each row has a different activity. Each row is stand alone and is not linked by formulas to any other row. How do I get Excel to automatically highlight dates...

Matching records (Excel 2007)
I have two text files: FILE-1 has 2,500 rows, each cell contains a nine-digit number. Examples: 391300004 453140065 672260027 FILE-2 has 1 million rows, each containing two or three nine-digit numbers. Examples: 391300004 391140021 391300004 391140021 391411001 391300004 391140021 391411002 453140065 453741001 453140065 453741001 460191001 453140065 453741002 453140065 453741002 460191002 453140065 453741003 672260014 672260046 672822058 672260014 672260046 672822059 672260017 672260041 672260017 672260041 673020006 672260017 672260042 672260017 672260042 672260047 6722...

logging date & time of data entry for individual cell
I'd like to log the time & date that content was entered into a (formerly empty) cell. When any data is manually entered into cell A1, the then-current time & date goes into cell B1 (and henceforth doesn't change). When data is entered into A2, the then-current time & date goes into cell B2. Once data has been entered into a cell, it will not be edited again. Can anyone suggest the best way of doing this? Thanks! Julz Put the following macro in the worksheet code area: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Set r = Range("A:A") If Intersec...

1 Computer multiple outlook users
Would like to use outlook for myself, wife, and kids. How can I setup each of us on a single home pc (office 2002 with windows xp)? We all of course will share the same ISP access with unique email accounts from this service. Your help is appreciated. Guy Set up a User for each person and you will automatically get a different instance of Outlook for each User. "Guy Huus" <ghuus@nemontel.net> wrote in message news:0ae901c3a868$3891a4c0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Would like to use outlook for myself, wife, and kids. > How can I setup each of us on a single home pc (...

Money 2007 Internet Updates
I presently use Money 2002 Deluxe and only use Internet Updates to update my portfolio stock quotes and it's free withing Money 2002. With 2007 it says Internet updates are only good for 2 years. Does that mean after 2 years it won't update my portfolio as Money 2002 does? If yes, I'll just stick with my 2002 version. Thanks "rlastar" <rlastar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:95E29B9F-1E37-4790-8620-89AD32DEBE4A@microsoft.com... >I presently use Money 2002 Deluxe and only use Internet Updates to update >my > portfolio stock quotes and...

Tips to speed up Outlook 2007
Seeking help. Loading the program is slow and operations in the program (i.e. opening a folder or appointment) take a while. I am using Dell Inspiron 700m with decent Intel Centrino processor. Tips? Uri, you wrote on 11 Apr 2007 01:01:28 -0700: > Seeking help. Loading the program is slow and operations in the > program (i.e. opening a folder or appointment) take a while. > I am using Dell Inspiron 700m with decent Intel Centrino processor. See solution 4 on http://slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/slow.htm X'Posted to: microsoft.public.outlook.usage,microsoft.public.ou...

Office 2007 and templates
Hello, Sorry for the 2nd post on this but I waited a couple of days for an answer. I have Office 2007 SP2 running on all my clients. We have 97-2003 templates that we have been using for a couple of years prior to the upgrade in Office. I have noticed that some of these templates are extremely slow typing when being used on Word 2007. Also the CPU spikes when you open them and try to type. I have tried removing all the add-ins on Word and also deleting the Normal.dot and this has not fixed the issue. I also tried renaming the templates to a DOTM or DOTX and this didn&#...