Serial time to readable time

How can i write a formula in excel to convert 30134 in to time like
08:22:14?
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

There are 86400 seconds in a day.
30134/86400 = 0.34877

Therefore, you can format a cell containing 0.34877 as "Time" to display "8:22:14 AM"
(or a cell containing the formula...  =30134/86400)
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"slscanlon3" <sheryl.scanlon@gmail.com>
wrote in message
> How can i write a formula in excel to convert 30134 in to time like
> 08:22:14?

Time calculations for Scheduled vs Actual Employee Time and Wages 11-28-09
I am THRYING and TRYING to make a simple schedule worksheet for a manger to use to calculate the time he schedules an employee to clock in and out and what it will cost him in regards to his allocated budget and then to be able to compare it after the job is completed. BUT time calculations have thrown me for loop and I am stuck for hours on trying to calculate time fields. PLEASE DEAR GOD can someone help me. Below is a simple example of my worksheet. A2 (Time IN) = 1:00 PM A3 (Time OUT) = 5:00 PM A4 (Time Worked) = 4:00 (h:mm format) ...

Adding Barcode at time of sale??
We create our manufacturer pre-barcoded items using a dummy item number which we then replace by wanding the item with the Operations Manager item window open and the dummy # highlighted. If we forget to do that in advance, POS will not recognize the barcode when we sell the item so we have to do an item lookup to find it. Taking time to go into Manager at that point is alittle awkward with the customer waiting. Is there a way to replace the dummy item number in POS, during the sale?? -- WineGuy The Item Properties window in POS is essentially identical to the one in manager. Once yo...

Time format control
Hi everyone, I have a time of 08:38 and would like to truncate the last minute by using formatting to achieve 08:30. I currently do this using a formula to remove the last minute. I have tried custom formatting of hh.m but I still get 08:38. I have even tried hh.m"0" but get 08:380. Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated. Regards Brad You can use this formula, it sounds as though you want round down to nearest 10th minute =FLOOR(A1,1/144) -- For everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup. Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Brad kennedy" <brad_6663@hotmail...

delete from many tables at the same time
Hi I am new using Access, and this may be an elemental question, but anyway, I have three tables: Customers. Orders. Payments. (Customers' payments) Customers has as primary key the name of the customer and the other two tables have as a primary key an automatic ID integer. How can I configure Access in the way that If I erase a Customer from the table Customers the other two tables will be automatically updated erasing also their Orders and Payments? Thanks, Enrique. -- Eng. Enrique Lopez. Go to the Relationships window and, if not already done, creat...

Excel file size increased 3 times after saving!!!!
Hi all, I have a very strange situation with my Excel workbook. I created Excel workbook with conditional formulas (no other formulas) which total size is 3 Mb. After I put simple data for calculation and saved the workbook the size increased to 10Mb! The data itself is just about 70Kb. I use Excel 2002 at work. I should put this workbook on our company server, but our network is not very good and people can't open it because of the 10MB. I have never seen this before! Can somebody help please? Thank you in advance! I don't claim to be an expert on Excel by any...

Date and time calculations
Hello, I have a problem with a formula in wich I like to add up an amount of hours to a date/time value. Please find below an example of what I am trying to do. Value A1: 15/03/2005 22:00 (dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm) Value A2: 5 (hours) In cel A3 I would like to get the value of A1+A2 (result 16/03/2005 03:00) Can someone suggest what formula I must use? Thanx very much! Robert =a1+(a2/24) Format the way you like. (5 hours is 5/24ths of a day.) Robert wrote: > > Hello, > > I have a problem with a formula in wich I like to add up an amount of > hours to a date/time value. >...

Time stamp in Excel Sheet
I am looking to entering a value into column A (Data Point), then on column B (Time Stamp), the time that value A was entered. Then another value will be entered into A2 and would like the time that Data Point 2 was entered into B2 and so on. I have tried the IF statement =IF(A1,NOW(),"") in B1,B2, B3... but every time the work sheet reculculates, the Time Stamp column becomes the same. How can I stop this from happening or am I going about this the wrong way. Take a look at http://www.4-consulting.com/News/Ezine_4/Ezine_4_03.htm#t16 "John M" <John M@discussi...

How do I set a macro to run at specific times?
Hi I have recorded a macro which I want to run automatically every hour. Could someone tell me how I do this You can read about the scheduling procedures at Chip Pearson's site: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/ontime.htm Nick123 wrote: > > Hi > > I have recorded a macro which I want to run automatically every hour. Could > someone tell me how I do this -- Dave Peterson ...

Total of Time
I'm recording the time I spend working on a piece of work in a spreadsheet along with meeting details etc. I've 2 columns that are start and finish times and a third that works out duration. I then want to total the duration into total hours but I can't find a way to do this Any help please TIA Assuming your duration is in column C, just use =SUM(C1:C100) XL's default display will "roll over" every 24 hours. To get the actual total, choose Format/Cells/Number/Custom [h]:mm In article <#NJENCGYEHA.3596@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>, "A" <a...

Serialize #2
Compile: VisualC .NET 2003 At me a problem: class CDataSpect : public CObject { DECLARE_SERIAL(CDataSpect); (..skip...) public: void Serialize(CArchive& ar); private: double amplitude[8001]; (..skip..) } CDataSpect::Serialize(CArchive& ar) { CObject::Serialize(ar); if(ar.IsStoring()) { //write ar << amplitude << (..skip..); // Warning } else { // Read ar >> amplitude >> (..skip..); // Error } } The following statement: > ar << amplitude << (..skip..); // Warning will archive the 'address' of the vector. If y...

how do I import data (distance and time) from MapPoint to Excel?
I have an Excel application which uses distabce and time obtained from MapPoint. Actually I enter those figures manually in my Excel worksheet. Is there way I can import these figures directlt to my Excel cells from MapPoint? Thank you for your answer ...

how do I set up my account for the first time?
new company has instructed to "change my outlook settings", but that's it. I know they use the pop3 outgoing, and I know my dsl server. I just don't think I'm doing something right! bibbpromo <bibbpromo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > new company has instructed to "change my outlook settings", but > that's it. I know they use the pop3 outgoing, and I know my dsl > server. I just don't think I'm doing something right! Tell us what version of Outlook you're using, what you've done so far, what doesn't work, and any...

Changing default Appointment Time from 30 minutes?
Hi everyone, Can anyone tell me how to change the default Appointment Time from 30 minutes to say "0" minutes? I'm running Outlook 2003. Stephen Morgan <kpsm99@gmail.com> wrote: > Can anyone tell me how to change the default Appointment Time from 30 > minutes to say "0" minutes? I'm running Outlook 2003. Do you mean by "default appointment time" to be the time Outlook gives you between the start and end times when you create a new appointment? I believe 30 minutes is the minimum unless the slot for the appointment is preselected. If you...

Amnesty for illegal immigrants will not happen this time.....................

TIME function used in Excel #2
I'm new to these newsgroups, so I apologize if my etiquette is not appropriate. I'm trying to help a friend whose computer was recently replaced. In his new computer, his custom macro will not run. He gets a "Microsoft Visutal Basic Compile error: Can't find project or library" with the TIME function highlighted. I first suggested using the NOW or DATE function, but he said it creates an additional series of errors. I also tried installing 'Windows Script 5.6' to no avail. Any suggestions on how to get this TIME function to work? Thank you in advance for an...

date and time formatting
I have a formula in which the date and time are present in cells, bu when the destination cell returns them, they are in their numerica value. I need them to appear in the destination cell the same way the do in their home cells. here is the formula: ="p-v-w-"&B154&" ph "&E154&" fax "&H154&" ** "&X154&" * "&Y154&" "&AA154&" * "&" * "&AB154&" "&(Y4)&" - "&(Y5) y4 and y5 are the date and time cell refs Thanks and Happy ...

TIME SHEETS
I am trying to design a template to do timesheets with. How do I create a formula that will read in time, out time, lunch time then total for the week? (8:00am-12:00 then 1:00-5:00 = 8 hours? See Chip Pearson's site. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/overtime.htm Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 28 May 2010 11:54:58 -0700, puzzled <puzzled@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am trying to design a template to do timesheets with. How do I create a >formula that will read in time, out time, lunch time then total for the week? > (8:00am-12:00 then 1:00-...

Another Question lol. Formula this time.
Hi again, I have a worksheet that I want to highlight if there is a number greater than zero by changing the text colour. =if(a1>0)colour text red Any advice would be gratefully received Check out Conditional Formatting under Format. Cell value is > Greater than > 0 > OK HTH Regards, Howard "Nevyn" <Nevyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3935B8CA-745A-4F5D-8504-B450B9E813C2@microsoft.com... > Hi again, > I have a worksheet that I want to highlight if there is a number greater > than zero by changing the text colou...

ScanPst have run time attributes?
Does ScanPST have attributes you can put after scanpst.exe. Such as file to scan and to run repair automatically after detection finishes, without having to hit enter. My PST is large and would like to have it run during the night. Nope. The program takes no command line parameters or switches and requires the user to enter the name of the .pst file that requires "fixing". There is at least one commercial alternative, "Advanced Outlook Repair" by DataNumen, Inc. I have no experience with this product but it advertises that it supports command line parameter...

Brick level backups job time variations
Exchange 2003 SP1 Veritas 9.1 I run brick level backups every night and IS backups every night too. As my IS is very small so I can do this usually do this safely. The brick level backups work fine and usually take around 4hrs to run, then every so often (there is no real pattern) it will take anything between 7hrs to 16hrs for the same backup. Has anyone else seen this at all? I know that brick level backups are probably unnecssary, but on a usual night I have the time to do them so I do. On 30 Aug 2006 03:29:27 -0700, "Clockender" <guy@hcr.co.uk> wrote: >Exchange 200...

Case Resolution-Billable Time not adding up
I am running CRM 3.0 on Server 2003. In a new ticket I have create two activities. The first activity is a phone call, and the duration is 15 minutes. The second activity is a task and the duration is 30 minutes. Obviosly the total time for these two tasks is 45 minutes. The problem that I have is that when I resolve the case, the 'total time' and 'billable time' both show 1 hour. Did I configure somthing wrong? HELP! Thanks! OK I have an update. It seems that the tasks, emails, phone calls, all add up correctly. However the 'Service Activites' do not....

XML Serializer Collection Example
I have been trying everything I can find to add a collection to a class that will be run through the XML Serializer, and am coming up with nothing THAT WORKS. Can anyone help point me in the right direction? I imagine it would go something like this, but I can't put all the pieces together to actually make it work.... See the code lines with XXXXX below.... What should the XXXXX's be? What else would be required to do to use XXXXX? VB.NET SAMPLE CODE: ========================== Public Class clsPerson Public FirstName As String Public LastName As String Public SSN As Stri...

Xml serialization and late binding (interfaces)
Trying to get business objects to work as return values for web= services=2E The primary problem is that the business objects are= late bound, requiring interfaces for property types=2E I try= using the XmlTypeAttribute to indicate the class to use in place= of the interface, but that doesn't seem to do any good=2E Here's the simplified objects in question: =09[System=2EXml=2ESerialization=2EXmlType(= "Hansen=2EWebServiceProxies=2EResources=2EAddress" )] =09public interface IAddress =09{ =09=09int AddressKey {get;set;} =09} =09public class Address : IAddress =09{ =0...

Historical Stock Status Report with Serial/Lot Information
I have an urgent request for a historical stock status report with serial/lot details. The historical stock status report exists as a standard report in report writer, but it does not provide serial/lot details. I'm not sure this is possible by modifying the historical stock status report with report writer or if a crystal report will work. We are currently running GP 7.5 with SQL 2000. We are using Crystal Reports 11. Here's the reason why I need this report. I need to look back to specific quarters and year ends to determine how much inventory I have on hand that was purch...

Create field 4 client name that transfers to Bus Time/Exp portal
In GP Dynamics 10 within the Project Accounting Project set up, there is a field for the description of the project, but the line item is limited and can only hold a few words (not enough to hold the client name AND project description). The project number and the brief project description fields transfer over to the Business Time and Expense portal under the project task-list and is viewable by the timekeeper that is entering their timesheet and expense report. It would be more than helpful if the field that contains the client name can transfer over as well, so the timekeeper has th...