Sequential numbering of invoices

I have recently downloaded an Excel template for invoices from
Microsoft's website. Is there any way to fix it so that every time I
create a new document based on this template, it automatically gives
it an invoice number one greater than the previous invoice (eg,
starting at 100 and then the next one I open would be 101, then 102
and so on)?

0
nickxylas (23)
5/30/2007 6:52:20 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html

--
Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Nick Xylas" <nickxylas@wmconnect.com> wrote in message
>I have recently downloaded an Excel template for invoices from
> Microsoft's website. Is there any way to fix it so that every time I
> create a new document based on this template, it automatically gives
> it an invoice number one greater than the previous invoice (eg,
> starting at 100 and then the next one I open would be 101, then 102
> and so on)?

0
terre081 (3244)

how to put date slashes in to a column of number
hi all, I have a spreadsheet which has two colums full of numbers, they are dates but just written as numbers i.e. 20050923 for today's date. How can I change them so that they show up as 2005/09/23? I've tried to customize them but it won't work. thanks! -- bluebean ------------------------------------------------------------------------ bluebean's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25951 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=470165 try the following: In the format/Cells menu you can enter user defin...

count current run of positive numbers
hi, in Column M i have a list of results that will go on down the page as values are entered elsewhere, these results will be both negative and positive, i was after a formula that will give me the count of the current run of positive numbers, eg. below, the cell with the formula in it would return a value of 4 for the current run of positive numbers, and if there was a run of negative numbers it would be 0 2 5 6 -5 2 4 7 9 -- thanks Will there be any numeric 0 entries? >a list of results that will go on down the >page as values are entered elsewhere That ...

How to determine the number of dimensions in an array
Is there any other (simple) way to determine the number of dimensions an array has, other than having to iteratively cycle through calls of UBOUND(myArray,N) until an error arises ? Steve wrote... >Is there any other (simple) way to determine the number of dimensions an >array has, other than having to iteratively cycle through calls of >UBOUND(myArray,N) until an error arises ? No, which is why it's one of the first things developers write a function to handle. FWIW, many languages (Pascal, C, FORTRAN) also lack any way of determining the number of array dimensions at run...

page numbers 12-11-09
Using Word 2007: I want to place a page number at the bottom center of the page using the preformatted choices on the Header/Footer tab. I want to use the one called Scroll. The scroll itself goes fine into the footer, but the page number doesn't print fully inside it, either the top or bottom of the number disappears though the scroll is complete. There are other times, no page number shows up in the scroll and I have no idea how to get one in there! I have this same quandry when using any of the choices that include squares, circles, etc. ...

ID Number Format
Hello, I'm trying to create an ID number that is based on another field in a table. Basically I have a field market Category with 6 different values. I want to create an ID field that starts at 0 and automatically counts up for each of the different categorys. For example: If Category 1 is selected the id would be cat1-001, cat1-002, cat1-003. If Category 2 is selected the id would be cat2-001, cat2-002, cat2-003. Is there a way that I can do this and have the values stored in a field? Thanks, CB First do a query based on your category choice (qryCatSequence). The query shou...

How do I change a number in one cell to change a series of cells?
How do I change a series of numbers in cells by only replacing one number in a cell? Currently, I want to increase a series of cells 4% and I used the formula =M50*(1-$P$1). However, I have to use 204% to get a 4% increase and then it is a negative number. What formula should I be using so when I change the single cell it either increases 4% or when using 0 it changes to the original cell number. lance Not too clear on this but how about placing .04 in $P$1 =M50*(1+$P$1) Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 12:03:02 -0800, "lance559" <lance559@discussions.mi...

Skip number for the first page in each chapter
Writing a book and want to number the pages, but I don't want the number on the first page of EACH CHAPTER to show. Is it possible to set up page numbering this way? How? Separate the chapters by inserting section breaks. For each section, choose the "Different first page" option in the Page Setup dialog box. Remove the page number in the first page header or footer. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Frustrated Writer" <Frustrated Writer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:205C6279-9949-41DD-8C7D-C9903ECA8E24@microsoft.com.....

Add a set number to a random entered number
I have to start a vehicle service record and am trying to add the 6000 mile service interval to the mileage at service number. EG. A B C D 1 6000 12000 2 12125 18125 3 18200 24200 etc A is the mileage at service and C is the next service due.I am trying to do this without having a cell with a line of 6000 in it and the formula eg =SUM(A1:B1) in the C cell.Is this possable?Hope some one can help. Hi =A1+6000 HTH. Best wishes Harald "Cyclops" <Cyclops@discussions.microsoft.com> skre...

Recording a payments for an invoice.
Hello All, I would like to match a invoice payment with a bank deposit. I Create and send the invoice. When the invoice is paid I goto invoices and recieve the payment. When I update my bank account the deposit appears. I then try to match it to the "Recieved Payment" that already appears in my account. But I do not see the recieved payment in the selection for transactions I can match too. I then try to delete the inovice payment and manualy select the right account (the customer account) And then assign the payment to the catagory "Payment for Invoice". But I get ...

Match Invoice by Receipt number
Is there a way you can set up GP to allow matching an invoice by the receipt number instead of by Purchase Order or Item Number? Matching by PO or Item is very time consuming if there are many items on an invoice. Tonya, Invoice is matched by Receipt Number only, if you have a closer look. This works even in case where a PO is not assigned too. I dont understand where you are facing difficulty. You can use Auto Invoice which brings all your items into the Invoice, simultaneously matching all your items by the Receipt. -- Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP http://janakirammp.blogspot.com ...

Can't invoice Shipment
I have two Shipments "stuck" in Purchasing that I cannot match an Invoice to -- one was offset by a Return (#1), and the other was somehow partially matched (along with another Shipment) to an invoice (#2). Why I say they are "stuck" is that they appear in the SmartList/Receivings Line Items/ Shipments Received but not Invoiced. #1 shows with a Shipped Quantity of 75 and Matched/Rejected Quantities of 0. #2 shows a Shipped Quantity of 2 and Matched/Rejected Quantities of 1. A) Do I need to process these further through the system? B) How can I get them off of this ...

How to round number in MFC?
I use MFC with VS 2008. I need to round certain value of number. Like this: 9.6 to 9.55 and other same kind number. How to do that? I have used ceil or floor but all of them are extreme ROUND UP / ROUND DOWN. Thank you. > I need to round certain value of number. Like this: 9.6 to 9.55 and other > same kind number. > > How to do that? I have used ceil or floor but all of them are extreme ROUND > UP / ROUND DOWN. Will This suit your needs? double round(const double& inValue) { double xShift = inValue - .5; double nShift = fix(xShift); if (xShift == nShift) { ...

duplicate numbers #2
how do i set up in my database that when a user is entering infor in a column in excel, it will tell if there is a duplicate number. I do not want duplicates. Hi Pam See Chip's page http://www.cpearson.com/excel/NoDupEntry.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Pam Coleman" <PamColeman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1466E65D-51AD-4C26-9DAD-F09AC81EA481@microsoft.com... > how do i set up in my database that when a user is entering infor in a > column in excel, it will tell if there is a duplicate number. I do not want > ...

how to calculate the difference of values (numbers) in a column?
A B C D A1 10 A2 9 1 A3 8 2 1 A4 7 3 2 A5 6 4 3 1 I need to calculate the differences of each value in a column and have the answers on second third column. For example subtract A2 from A1, A3 from A1, A4 from A1, A5 from A1; and subtract A3 from A2, A4 from A2, A5 from A2; subtract A4 from A3, A5 from A4; and finally subtract A5 from A4. Any help is appreciated. Hi, try this select B2:B5 and enter this formula in B2 =$A$1-(A2:A5), confirm with Ctrl-Shift-Enter. similarly for C3:C5 =$A$2-(A3:A5) D4:D5 =A3-(A4:A5) hth...

Sequential Numbering
I need to create a form that will create records based on the following details. The user will tell me the quantity of serial numers they need. I get the first part of the serial number and then it's a 3 digit sequential number to the total needed. Example: K05-272-xxx The xxx is the sequence number starting with 001 to the number needed. How would I do the code to create the sequence number. Matt -- Matt Campbell mattc (at) saunatec [dot] com Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Friends and friends around the world. We are presenting the new messenge...

How to get the number of hits for each item in a SharePoint List
I know how to get the total amount of hits for a list. Is there a way to get the amount of hits per item/entry in a list? If so, how? Thank you. ------=_NextPart_0001_C3E301ED Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit You can try this from codeplex, http://hitcounter.codeplex.com/ Harish K ------=_NextPart_0001_C3E301ED Content-Type: text/x-rtf Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fprq2\fcharset0 MS Sans Serif;}} \viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 You can try this from codeplex, \par \par http://hitcoun...

Page Numbering 101
When you want to assign different page numbers to a manuscript line i, ii. iii, iv to the preface and so on and 1, 2, 3, 4 . . . to body, how is this done? I knew once, and it was so easy. But then, the jungle grew back. Thanks, Tom Insert section... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Thomas Minter" <tminter5@adelphia.net> wrote in message news:459ffa8a$0$8969$4c368faf@roadrunner.com... > When you want to assign different page numbers to a manuscript line > i, ii. iii, iv to the preface and so on ...

How do I number pages for entire Workspace

Search range of numbers for amounts that total a given
I would like to be able to search a range of numbers to identify those amounts that total a given amount. There could even be multiple combinations that would work. An example would be that given a column that contain the numbers 25, 50, 13, 38, 15, 8 and I wanted to search for those amounts that total 78. The result would identify and possibly mark 50, 13, & 15. Is this possible? Thanks in advance for your help!!! Hi how many values do you want to search(>70?). Also: do you want to return all possible combinations? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Mike Briscoe wr...

View actual page number
I have a document with several sections each beginnig with page 1. How do I view the actual page number? I just want to print a range but can't tell what the real number is. ...

invoice processing account balance
At Waynesburg College we are currently on MS Dynamics/Great Plains v9.0 with among other add-ons, the Purchase Order Processing module. In the PO Processing module, on data entry, if the .Amount to be encumbered exceeds the available budget remaining, you receive a warning message indicating this, which you can susequently override or change the .Amount. However, in standard Invoice Processing you do NOT receive a message when a payment .Amount which causes the GL Account to exceed its budget. While I understand the philosophy of why a %Budget Exceeded message was not felt to be neces...

Converting Text to Numbers #2
Hello, I have come across numbers that are formatted as text that I would like to use in an equation. I have used the format text option and changed them all to numbers, but it did not apply. I have looked at the error in the calculation and it shows the cell as ="6 "*1, with 6 being and example of the text that I would like to use as a number. I have tried copying the value 1 and multiplying the cell with paste special without any success. It seems that works when it is just single quotes out front. I appreciate anyones thoughts on how I can convert these text numbers ...

Formatting axis with scientific numbers
Hi I want to format my x axis so that instead of my scale displayin scientific numbers as 1.00E-07 for example, it is displayed as 10-7. Any suggestions how this can be done are much appreciated. Thankyo -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I have never found a way to do this. I think we should accept 1.2E-4 as a perfectly good alternative to 1.2 x 10^2. After all that how 90% of calculators display small numbers. -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in e-mail address "martink >" <<martink.19g1x8@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in me...

Roundup, Roundown to a specific digit or number
Is there any way to use the "Round, Roundup or Rounddown" function to round results to a specific number? In my case I'm trying to roundup the sum's result to the nearest "9" =ROUND(x*9,0)/9 or =MROUND(x,9) MROUND requires the Analysis ToolPak, which is on the Excel CD, but may not have been installed. Jerry tamato43 wrote: > Is there any way to use the "Round, Roundup or Rounddown" function to round results to a specific number? > > In my case I'm trying to roundup the sum's result to the nearest "9" I believe in...

Convert number with comma to number with dot
Hello, Is there an easy way to convert "1.12" to a number, if your system is set to use the comma as a decimal separator? The value() function does not appear to take a format or locale as argument. The other way round is easy, with text() you can specify the format. The problem occurs if you import an English web page into a Dutch spreadsheet. Greetings, Wessel Just select the cells and do a Find & Replace changing . to , -- --- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "Wessel Troost" <nothing@like.the...