Seperating text, backwards to frontwards #2

Hi All,

I have a field which is like the below example:

"Disappointed at failure - 68 Interior equipment - Repair group: Body -
..Archive"

Now I want to split this into fields, as per below:

A             B                              C
..Archive    Repair group: Body    68 Interior equipment   Dissapointed
at failure

I know that I can use text to columns to split the field by the "-" but
then how do I get it reversed?

NOT all of the fields can be split into 4, sometimes there can be up to
7 or as little as 1.

Does anyone have an answer?

Regards
Adam

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

use text to columns to split the field by the "-"
add helper row 1
number the columns as you want them
sort/option/columns
OK?

"Adam" <adamevans81@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> I have a field which is like the below example:
>

> "Disappointed at failure - 68 Interior equipment - Repair group: Body -
> .Archive"
>
> Now I want to split this into fields, as per below:
>
> A             B                              C
> .Archive    Repair group: Body    68 Interior equipment   Dissapointed
> at failure
>
> I know that I can use text to columns to split the field by the "-" but
> then how do I get it reversed?
>
> NOT all of the fields can be split into 4, sometimes there can be up to
> 7 or as little as 1.
>
> Does anyone have an answer?
>
> Regards
> Adam

0
pynasocas (62)
11/23/2005 11:52:24 AM
You learn something new everyday!

Thank you

Smith's SK2 2-Stone Sharpening Kit
Price:$13.95 Image: http://thediscountlocator.info/image.php?id=B000B5JXU2 Best deal: http://thediscountlocator.info/index.php?id=B000B5JXU2 Deluxe Sharpening Kit, Contains 1 Each 5" X 5/8" Medium Arkansas Stone, 1 Each 4" X 1" Fine Arkansas Stone, 2 OZ Honing Oil. SIMILAR PRODUCTS: 550lb. Type III Paracord:http://thediscountlocator.info/index.php?id=B000S5ODO6 Swedish Firesteel- Army Model:http://thediscountlocator.info/index.php?id=B0013L8D9K Enter The Kettlebell! Strength Secret of The Soviet Supermen:http://thediscountlocator.info/index.php?id=0938045695...

Excel Drop Down Boxes #2
Question; does anybody know how to add additional data to a previous drop down box? I have created a form that has several drop down boxes a while ago, and due to some information that has been change I need to input more info in the drop down boxes but for some odd reason I cant remember how I executed these actions!! If it helps I am using Excel 2000. -- CRS ------------------------------------------------------------------------ CRS's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27444 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=46...

How to execute Macros through Text Links?
Hi There, can anybody help me out is above problem?? I need to execute a macro written in VBA, through Text Hyperlink. I can access a macro through any object, but how could I do this with text links? please guys, it is urgent. -- Sheikh Saadi ...

Text doesn't fit in the top shape of pyramid diagram
I created just simple daigram by using pyramid diagram. However, the words seem don't fit in the top shape of this diagram. Is there anyway so that I can adjust the size of each shape so that my text will fit in the shape? >I created just simple daigram by using pyramid diagram. However, the words > seem don't fit in the top shape of this diagram. Is there anyway so that > I > can adjust the size of each shape so that my text will fit in the shape? Which version of PowerPoint? The easiest way will be to resize the whole pyramid. Or to use less text. ...

hide hidden text from viewing
This is very confusing! Where is the option to turn off the viewing of hidden text in the document? I selected a number of hidden text and now I cannot turn it off so that others do not see it. I would recommend that your new version of Word includes something useful and easy to find in this regard! Thanks. There are (at least) two ways to unHide the Hidden Text: (1) with the Show Non-Printing Characters command (Ctrl-Shift-8, or the paragraph- symbol button on your toolbar or ribbon) and (2) a check-box in the View Options. If (2) is on, (1) won't override it. On ...

Money 2002 Died #2
Experiencing the same situation. Please inform us of the situation. Thanks! We have the same problem here. Money won't start up. We reinstalled and it ran initially, but now it has the same problem again. Has anyone contacted Microsoft?! >-----Original Message----- >Experiencing the same situation. Please inform us of the >situation. Thanks! >. > Same thing here. This is scary! >-----Original Message----- >We have the same problem here. Money won't start up. We >reinstalled and it ran initially, but now it has the same >problem again. Has a...

text date to date format
I have column filled with: 'Apr 3 2005 4:37PM And I need to change it to: 04/03/05 4:37PM How do I get a textual date column into a sortable date/time column? I'm having problems because it sorts everything by alpha then numeric. For example, I have "Apr 15, 2005" before "Aug 10, 2003". I need to get these sorted by year, month, day...not alphabetically. Thanks in advance for your help! you are right: the filter is not a time but a alpha sort you may change the cell format or copy the value in an other cell and put the new format in the new column. ...

Event id: 474 2 days after offline defrag
Last week my customers exchange 2000 information store dismounted and stopped due to it's size exceeding the max 16gigs. I had to run an offline defrag which lowered the databse to below 16 gigs and it mounted properly. That night the was a good backup. Since then there has not been a good backup - basically because of Event id:474 - a chksum error. I an afraid to restart that server or touch it because all of the email is working - all is OK except it cannot be backed up. We are prepared to order another server and run exmerge to migrate the data - is this the best method - or is...

Changing Inventory Item Types #2
In GP7.5, is there any way to change inventory item types once they have been used? Can the item be deleted and then recreated at the end of a year? Are there any utility programs that can do this? In particular, I've got some "sales inventory" items that I want to convert to "kits" and others that need to be "services" We are on 8.0, but I don't think it is possible to change the item type - not even with Professional System Tools. We have changed the item name (via tools) to include the word Discontinued. Then we set up a new item to repl...

IF statement help #2
Hi What im trying to do is, Calculate a Cell x say 0.5. If the result is a negative number, sho 0. If it is a positive number, work it out and show the answer. Jus tried, and cant seem to get it right for some reason. I dont want t have to use another cell for no reaon, as I need to present th worksheet This is what I tried, IF((E22*0.5)>0), (E22*0.5), Thank -- RudeYut ----------------------------------------------------------------------- RudeYute's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3295 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthr...

Adjusting Text box size
In Access 2007, after creating a form using the wizard, all of the text boxes created for entering data are the same size. When I try to adjust the width of one, they all change width. How can I unlock or change this feature? I have deleted a box, and then re-added it. This sometimes works -- however if you get the size close to the size of the other boxes, it “locks in” again. I appreciate all sincere answers. Ron ah yes....a new feature in 07... in Design View; select the 'Arrange' tab then on the left side of my ribbon is: Tabular Stacked Remove You want t...

No more new fonts may be applied to this workbook #2
I have Excel 2003 (11.6113.5703) running on windows XP. I have loaded the latest update from the web. When I try to change the font size of text in the axis or label of a chart, a message shows "No more new fonts may be applied to this workbook." When I do a print preview of the charts, the same message shows up and then the print previews would be displayed. I'd appreciate if you can tell me the fix. Jon Peltier has some information on this in his Charting FAQ article: http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=209#jon025 and at his web site (use th...

Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book #2
Hi all, I have just created a new contacts list in our public folders. When I go to all the workstations, the "Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book" is unchecked. To save me going to all workstations and checking this setting, is there some way I can set it to "Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book" automatically? Cheers Marty... ....ms... <martin@adg.com.au> wrote: > Hi all, > > I have just created a new contacts list in our public folders. > When I go to all the workstations, the "Show this folder as an e-mail > Address Book&q...

Number to text conversion ......HELP
Dear Friend.. I need help in converting formula calculation ( Number or Currency ) into Text EQ. Result = 2,500.00 converting to .....two thousand five hundred.. Thanks Check http://www.mvps.org/access/modules/mdl0001.htm at "The Access Web" -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Eko Hery" <eko@megaenterprise.com> wrote in message news:BCD8B0CE.1D8%eko@megaenterprise.com... > Dear Friend.. > I need help in converting formula calculation ( Number or Currency ) into > Text > > EQ. Result = 2,500.00 con...

updating #2
My microsoft money mutual fund page does not update anymore. Is there any reason? I did not change anything Thanks Dada ...

I'm sending 2 (duplicate) emails each time I send emai
I'm using Office 2007, Outlook and, each time I send an email.. the receiver gets two copies.... any thoughts? Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you'd still be sufficiently protected by your on-access scanner part of the virus scanner. For more details see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/20 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http:/...

Compare two Sheets with Conditional Formatting #2
I'm going insane I'm trying to compare two sheets using Walkenbach's approach but for some reason when I use it...certain values don't show differences. Example: Sheet 1 (Range Name is Grid) has 18000 on Cell A1 Sheet 2 (Range Name is OldGrid) has 18000 on Cell A2 So if I change Cell A1 on Sheet 1 to 1 it should show me change but no...it just does nothing. However if I type 133...it shows change. Selection.FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:= _ "=COUNTIF(OldGrid,A1)=0" Selection.FormatConditions(1).Interior.ColorIndex = 40 Help really appreciate...

Combing Text with Ex. Field Name to Create A New Field Name....I Think?
Hello, I have a query that will return data from a table, and another query. Here is my question. This is an existing fuel database. It runs on a keylock system so there are keys numbered A1 to C10. The table returns a sum of fuel based on a key (for example A1). I have a set of fields from another existing query labelled DIFFA1, DIFFA2, etc. What I would like to do is return the value for "DIFFA1" when I am returning the information from Key A1. I would like to set up an expression something to the effect of: Expr1: "DIFF" & [Key] I did this and it returns the ...

line spacing #2
How do I reset line spacing in Outlook 2003? My version insists on inserting a double line feed every time I press "Enter". You are using a stationary that uses double lines. Try a different stationary or none at all "crossfire" wrote: > How do I reset line spacing in Outlook 2003? > My version insists on inserting a double line feed every time I press "Enter". > "crossfire" wrote: > How do I reset line spacing in Outlook 2003? > My version insists on inserting a double line feed every time I press "Enter". I appreciat...

Combined line-scatter graph with 2 Y-axis messed up
I have a chart in Excel 2007 (under XP sp3) with 2 line (L1 & L2) and 2 scatter series (S1 & S2, representing means of respectively L1 and L2 datapoints). Both L-points are located at last datapoint-position. X-values are formatted as 'Genereal'. Both L1 and S1 are referenced to 1st Y-axis, only L2 to 2nd Y-axis. Here's where the error comes in. When I reference S2 also to Y2, it looks ok until I saved the sheet and reopen it, After reopening, THE CHART IS GONE ! AFTER PREVIEW, IT REAPPEARS BUT THE FORMAT IS TOTALLY MESSED UP ?! Both Y-axes are shrinken and L2 and ...

Conditional Cell protection #2
I would like to blank and protect certain cells depending on a value in one cell (A1). If, e.g. the value in cell A1 is 6, then the users are only allowed to enter values in the first 6 weeks for that year (=first 6 columns in the table). In order to avoid problems I would like to erase all existing data in columns 7--> and then lock these cells. Any ideas how to do this? ...

Show hidden text
I have a form with form fields. I'm trying to add functionality that will make visible hidden text by saying if "Add Objective" is selected in a dropdown, select bookmark "ShowObj3" and unhide that text. I know a macro will probably be more efficient, but can this also be accomplished using field codes. I'm not too savvy with macros so please make it as simple as possible. Thank you. ActiveDocument.Bookmarks("ShowObj3").Range.Font.Hidden=False -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my ...

How to convert xls to plain ascii text.
How do you convert xls to plain ascii text without having to install anything on the computer? have you tried File Save As .txt?? <dsaklad@zurich.csail.mit.edu> wrote in message news:1118187884.729493.209610@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > How do you convert xls to plain ascii text without having to install > anything on the computer? > ...

licensing #2
Hello, can someone tell me the answer to my question, I"ve looked on the microsoft website with no luck or havn't found any information as of yet anyway. I'm new to the IT business, and work for myself as an IT professional repairing, upgrading, & troubleshooting pc's & networks, and my question is; is there a special license I can get so that when I do upgrades and upgrade the OS I could just have one package and install on many machines, versus going out and buying a new package for each pc which is time consuming and sometimes difficult to find, depending o...

The Okopochini Bug #2
Type (in a column) these numbers into MS Excel 2002 with SP2 applied & see what answer you get (I think this should work within any version of excel but don't quote me). 799.06 -525 -179.19 -47 -43.51 -4.36 Select the summation (Sigma) icon to add the numbers together. Answer = -5.06262E-14 when it should be zero! Why's that? mmmmmmm. The Okopochini Bug has arisen! Regards David Okopochini :-) Seems to work that way in Excell 2000 also. >-----Original Message----- >Type (in a column) these numbers into MS Excel 2002 with SP2 applied & >see what answer you get (...