Sending an entire worksheet via a hyperlink / button

I have a worksheet with many drop down menus, etc, and i want people to
be able to fill it in, and then send it on ..... but you know how lazy
people are .... if they have to save it, then send it, they will gripe
about it!

Is there a way to just have a hyperlink style button on the sheet that
once the guys have filled it out, it just sends the sheet to me?

Thanks,
Jim

0
jimashe (1)
11/22/2006 8:34:42 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Suggest looking at Ron de Bruin's website
  http://www.rondebruin.nl/
--
HTH,
David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel

<jimashe@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1164227682.497499.287200@h54g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> I have a worksheet with many drop down menus, etc, and i want people to
> be able to fill it in, and then send it on ..... but you know how lazy
> people are .... if they have to save it, then send it, they will gripe
> about it!
>
> Is there a way to just have a hyperlink style button on the sheet that
> once the guys have filled it out, it just sends the sheet to me?
>
> Thanks,
> Jim

Retreive data from another worksheet based on multiple columns
I am trying to retreive a date from one worksheet and place it on another. Most often, I can match on company name, but there are times when the company name is not unique and I have to use first/last name. The following is an example of data on the worksheet I am trying to retreive from: Acutech 12/01/05 N Ms. Linda Dendy Adams Simpson LLP 12/01/05 N Mr. Jesse Evans Adams Simpson LLP 01/01/06 N Ms. Deborah Hembree I am using the following: =INDEX(Misc!$A:$C,MATCH(C38,Misc!$A:$A,0),2). This will work and find the match, pick the date (f...

Sending a shortcut to the desktop
Hi, To send a shortcut for an excel workbook to my desktop I currently have to open Explorer, find the file and send it to the desktop. Is there an easier way in Excel itself? Thanks for looking Paul You'd need a macro like this: Sub MakeDesktopShortcut() Dim wsh As Object Dim SC As Object Dim DesktopPath As String Set wsh = CreateObject("WScript.Shell") DesktopPath = wsh.SpecialFolders.Item("Desktop") Set SC = wsh.CreateShortcut(DesktopPath & "\test.lnk") SC.TargetPath = "C:\book1.xls" SC.Save Set wsh = ...

Allow use of a control scroll bar in protected worksheet
Hi all, I have a control Scroll Bar in my worksheet (Excel 2003). I want to protect everything except the use of that scroll bar (let the possibility to scroll). I've tried to play with all the options in the Protect Sheet dialog box.... but when I click my scroll bar it doesn't want ! Any clue would be very apreciated. Thanks ! Marco Do you have a linked cell assigned to that scrollbar? If you do then that cell can't be locked on a protected worksheet. You could either unlock it or assign a linked cell on a different worksheet. Marco wrote: > > Hi all, > I have...

Send To vs Open With
My VB6 app looks at the command line when it starts. I want to gather a list of images that the user selected then list them in my app. So far this is what I am seeing on my XP PC ... Note: these all have spaces in the path and\or name so I get double quoted arguments. If I select several image files in windows explorer and then Select Open With Only the first path\filename shows in Command$ So this method seems not to be any good. Is his the expected result? Select Send To I see all path\filenames selected in Command$ The command parser I have treats the first as ...

Reply Button
When I want to reply to an email and it is the first email of the day that I reply to , I hit the reply button and it taking over 60 seconds for the cursor to appear in the memo area. Any suggestions what is causing this problem. Thanks -- Mike I have seen this as well. It might be that there are a lot of emails in the Inbox, and possibly also if there are a lot of entries in the Contacts folder. Paul "Mike" <unbusy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F49D7131-387F-44E3-886A-C20BF21622E4@microsoft.com... > When I want to reply to an em...

Automatic Send/Receive When Closed
I have Outlook 2002 and it used to send and recieve when I was not in the program itself. It was actually kind of handy. A little mail icon would show up in the system try to let me know email was there. It was great when I was doing other work. It was also good becuase when I am at the office, I can download my email when I sync my mobile device with my computer. How do I get that back? Any ideas? ...

How to: Open *.MSG File from Hard Drive via Code
I need to : Open *.MSG File from Hard Drive via Code and extract the file attachment. I have hundreds of these emails that we need the attachments extracted from. But the .msg files are on a hard drive. Someone help me out here.... I need the code to open and access the mailitem.... how do I open a .msg file? Use the CreateItemFromTemplate() method for that. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007. Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options. http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm "B...

limit to worksheets
Anyone know the limit to how many worksheets you can have in one excel document DJA, you don't mention what version of Excel you're using, but if you search the topic "Specifications" in Excel 2000 help, it'll tell you that in an Excel workbook you get three worksheets by default and the total is limited by available memory. -- DDM "DDM's Microsoft Office Tips and Tricks" Visit us at www.ddmcomputing.com "DJA" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A21D51E9-A9B5-430A-A87F-B60BE1F7A002@microsoft.com... > Anyone kno...

Outlook 07 to MSX07 over VPN via 3G very slow
Hi, We have a user on Outlook 2007 with a PST file who uses a 3G modem and VPN connection when out on the road. On the LAN he is fine, hooks up to Exchange, downloads his mail to the PST (which I hate, but oh well..) and its all good. Put this same guy on the road with a 3G modem, establish a VPN connection where DNS and etc.. all work properly, open Outlook and it takes an eternity before he can even view his local PST emails, and then send/receive is hit and miss (if it works its abysmally slow else it just wont work). Does anyone know why this would be so slow even with ...

incoming messages just disappear,but can send messages
As i just installed windows live Mail,i received 2740 messages but can'be see in the INbox, Now i receive mail,but they can't be read .i see some action,but those messages just disappear. What's going on.Settings are really ok. william dollimore Just some thoughts... - WLM has an Inbox for each email account. If you have more than one account, are you looking in the correct one? -WLM has views for each folder, which can be set to show or hide read messages. Check to see if the view setting has changed... View - Current view - Show all messages -WLM has ...

Merge worksheets
We run weekly reports that grow from week to week. We are looking for a method to take last weeks worksheet and merge with the latest worksheet. For example last weeks worksheet had 5 events, this weeks worksheet has 7 (5 of the 7 events are the same as last weeks events) - we only want to see the 2 new events. Any and all ideas are welcome. Can you pick out a unique id for each event? If you can, you could look at the new worksheet (with 7 events) and add a column to find out which events are carried over from the previous week. I'm gonna use sheet1 for last week's data and ...

Display ranges from one worksheet to another
I am running excel 2003. I have been given the task of creating a workbook where on one main sheet I want to display named ranges from up to 4 other worksheets based on the user selection. The ranges are work weeks and we want to be able to display 8 weeks at a time for resource planning. Can someone point me in a direction where I can find a way to do this? Thank you. Check Ron's site under the Copy/Paste section. http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Opal" <tmwelton@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eb392038-e6ab-46b0-a3d6-eb0df5c7a0fd@h2g2000vbd...

my send button is missing how can i retrieve it
i recently changed my isp , tried to add email accounts and lost the send button can anyone help. tried reinstalling outlook 2002 but with no success multiposted and answered -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "rab" <rab@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6157AE7D-9C79-4658-AC47-A5BD18E7D118@microsoft.com... >i recently changed my isp , tried to add email accounts and lost the send > button can anyone help. tried reinstalling outlook 2002 but...

unable to send email #3
HELPPPPPPP ! I keep getting this message....and email is returned (unless) the email address is posted in my contacts list....How do I get rid of this ??? sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts You probably need to turn on authentication to your outgoing server. You can do so on the "Outgoing Server" tab for your mail account. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:002601c3daca$8a5f0d80$a501280a@phx.gbl, Juan Caicedo ...

Macro Blunder
I seem to have lost the toolbar that pops up when you prompt Excel t create a new macro. The toolbar with the stop button and the relative reference button i gone. How do I get it back??? Thanks ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com nkob Tools>Customize>Toolbars. Select "Stop Recording" toolbar>Close Stop Recording Toolbar should now be visible on sheet. Hit "X" to close it(but not while you are recording). It will pop up next ...

Undeliverable email sent through send direct email
When an undeliverable email is sent through the Send Direct Email function, where is the undeliverable message returned to? We're testing this with some bogus addresses but no undeliverable notifications seem to be coming back. Thanks. see email router configuration -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "DavidR" wrote: > When an undeliverable email is sent through the Send Direct Email > function, where is the undeliverable message returned to? We're...

Worksheet border blends with background during movement
Hello! How to make a worksheet window border visible during the window movement? The border blends with an Excel background and is not visible. Regards, Dima ...

May I post here questions about SQL queries against Excel via ODBC?
and if not, can you recommend of a relevant forum? For example, I'm desperately looking for an answer to the question: How can I retrieve the row number of a record in a query? Somethin like: select x.*,rownum() from sheet1$ as x Thanks in advance, Noam ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com try posting in the Security Forum, under SQL Server Security, that's where most people go when they have questions about SQL. ...

Named Cells In Worksheet
This is probably really dumb: After assigning a name to a cell or range of cells; how do you un-name or delete the name? TIA Fred Hi From menu select Insert.Name.Define Select the name from list - Delete Arvi Laanemets "Fred Yager" <fredyager@koolsturgis.com> wrote in message news:06b201c39314$68e716f0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > This is probably really dumb: > > After assigning a name to a cell or range of cells; how > do you un-name or delete the name? > > TIA > > Fred Use Insert, Name, Define. Then, highlight the name and press the Delete button...

Email First Page of Worksheet Possible?
Hi, I was just wondering whether it's possible to email the first page of a worksheet comprised of multiple pages. Just the first page -summary report page. Is this possible? Try this: http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/folder3/mail4.htm HTH On Jan 23, 5:25=A0am, "Gerard Sanchez" <geepeeoneREMOV...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I was just wondering whether it's possible to email the > first page of a worksheet comprised of multiple pages. Just the first > page -summary report page. > > Is this possible? Can excel not do this with out outlook ...

Hyperlink Error
When sending text in emails that has an inserted hyperlink to a web page anchor from Outlook 2007, it appears that users of Outlook 2003 only receive the link to the page, rather than to the page anchor. For example; an INSERTED hyperlink such as; http://www.bogus.com.au/ism/website/webpage.asp#page_anchor arrives as http://www.bogus.com.au/ism/website/webpage.asp Obviously, because it is inserted into the text in the email, the link itself is not visible to the end user. The idea here is to provide a link to a specific part of a web page, instead of landing at the top...

Use the same cell from many worksheets to create a chart?
I have a new worksheet for each day, labeled with the date. I want to pull data from the same cell (like "P-3") in each worksheet and put it into a chart. Example: On ten worksheets, pull the data from cell P-3 (arbitrarily called "income"). Then, put that P-3 data into a chart that tracks daily income: the date itself (taken from the worksheet name) plus the data. Any idea how to do this? You need to create a summary region on a worksheet, and use this as the data source for your chart. See this page for more details: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/Char...

Cancel button's ActiveControl reflects as value of text box
Hi All, On my form I have an "on exit" code to test whether its text box is "empty" or not. When I click the "Cancel" button I still get the msg that the txt box is empty. Using Debug.print to show the Me.ActiveControl gives me the value of the preceeding txt box. What I'm trying to achieve is to ignore the "empty" test if cancel has been selected by exiting the "on exit" before the msg box sub & clearly I'm misunderstanding the usage here somewhere. Hugh I'm a bit unclear what you want to accomplish... ...

How to increase number of columns appear in a worksheet?
You only get 256 columns with any released version of excel. Dhinesh wrote: -- Dave Peterson ...

Filter data into separate worksheet
I'm in the process of trying to make a spreadsheet for work but I'm just clueless... excel is not my area of expertise! :) The original spreadsheet has 10 columns with various pieces of information... column D is what is important to me... column D has 5 choices for "reasons"... I want the main tab to remain untouched but in the other 5 tabs of the spreadsheet, I want the different "choices" to then filter into the other tabs... For example - the choices include "Coverage" "Equipment" "Customer Service", etc... I want the tab entitled...