Selective Link to Picture

I want to show a linked (not embedded) picture based on entry in a
cell.
This way, I can keep the excel spreadsheet light.

Any help?

0
mloffler (4)
2/20/2007 12:26:44 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

linking #3
I am trying to make a workbook with 4 worksheets, each being 1 year. In the first column will be a number in the second column will be the total of the first column for the last 365 days. How do I link the sheets so I can have a total for the last 365 days? I know how to do it if it was on the same worksheet but I can not figure out how to link the two to do what I want. ...

first time linking worksheets need some info and help
I'm trying to link 4 cells with dates in them to be inputted into the second sheet for calculation. BUT the info is in a cycle. So basically I need it to link and stay. But when I do the next cycle, I need the info to change. I do have a column that is counting the cycles. So can I make it so it'll link the info until the cycle number changes? (a Formula???) if so how do i put a link and formula together. Also if this is figured out,can you possibly link a cell to two different worksheets within a workbook? Thank You Bryan Bloom Hi, Can you give an example as to what you are...

Two links changed on my site
Hi all I have no control of my second site anymore (rondebruin.com) I can't reach my hosting company on this moment (vacation I think) I only use this site for testing but there where two pages on it that I have now add to my NL site Disable command bars and controls http://www.rondebruin.nl/menuid.htm Analysis ToolPak Translator 7.0 http://www.rondebruin.nl/atptranslator.htm -- Regards Ron De Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl I think I've always used .nl. But do you really have two separate and distinct sites or does the .com site (usually) redirect to the .nl site? (From ...

Linking text to text in OneNote
Is it possible to link text between pages? For example, to create a footnote on another page? The effect would be to click on a link within the text that would take me to the footnote on another page. I saw an OLD thread from 2006 that said it would be available in OneNote 2007 (which is what I have), but durned if I can find anything in help about it. Thanks in advance. Sure it is. Here is how to do it: 1. Select the text to which you would like to link 2. Right click and select Copy Hyperlink to this Paragraph. 3. Then just paste the link anywhere, on any page or section...

Can I link a cell to reflect a worksheet name?
Is it possible to have the value in a cell be linked to the name of a worksheet? In other words, if a worksheet is named "Plan 1" can I link a cell to that name so that if I change the worksheet name to "Plan 7" the cell will also now say "Plan 7"? Hi See Bob's page about this http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0002.html -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "bkester" <bkester@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F91E68A-5E88-4D45-960B-7C108B1248A7@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to have the value...

Linking to excel file on web?
Hi, I'm having trouble linking to an external .csv file located on a website. Essentially I'd like to link to the 1st 3 columns of the following. http://www.asx.com.au/asx/downloadCsv/ASXListedCompanies.csv Should I use the hyperlink function to achieve this? thanks Nelson Hi, All the HYPERLINK function will do is allow you to create a link to the sheet in your cell in the same way you'd get a weblink in a browser. Im not sure about how you could pull information directly from a file sitting on another server in that way, but I'll be interested to find out if it's po...

Named range links to external workbook, help!
Hi, I have a problem with making charts linking to external workbooks. Let's say I wan't to make a couple of charts in workbook "ChartBook.xls", that uses data from linked workbook "DataBook.xls". I have for example made a named range called "AHeader" defined like "='D:\Data\[DataBook.xls]Sheet2'!$A$1". If I use the named range in a field in ChartBook.xls like "=AHeader" it's fine and shows the correct text even if "DataBook.xls" is closed. But if I make a chart in "ChartBook.xls" and insert "...

Deleting "mail to:" email address links
I have a relativly straight forward spreadsheet where I am maintaining a large address list. It contains a homeowner's lot number, name, address, telephone #, and e- mail address. When attempting to select random cells for data entry/modification, I receive and automated message " mailto: (a random e-mail address) - click once to follow. Click and hold to select this cell." I have no idea where/how this message/feature/function is being attached to these cells but would like to eliminate it. Since seeing these messages, the size of the worksheet has been increasing in ...

Master/Child Links for Subform
I am trying to create a very simple form that allows me to enter 'for sale' data on items from a complete inventory table. I created 2 tables. 1 with the Master List of collectibles. The other with more detailed data for the collectibles I want to sell (Sales Data). I created a one to one 'relationship' between the 2 tables, joined by the Primary Key# of the Master List and then an ID Key# for the Sales Data (each item can only be sold once, so there are no duplicate numbers). I want to be able to pull up the table containing my Master List in the subform, filtered...

OWA Error for http links
links inside a message body always generate an asp redirect code that does not execute at all thus giving an http 500 error - page not found. Example on a link to http://www.nightlight.org within a mail body. http://orange/exchweb/bin/redir.asp? URL=http://www.nightlight.org/ Exchange Server 2003 running on Server 2000 SP4 PLease help. ...

Writing Text over a picture watermark
I would like some assistance in writing text over a picture watermark. I am able to add the watermark and send it to the foreground, but I am having problem figuring how to add text over this picture. If I draw a text frame, I loose the picture. If I try it in word art, that didn't work either. Please help me solve this. (I have Publisher 2000) Thank you, Rosie You can make your textboxes transparent by clicking on the textbox and holding down Ctrl and strike the t key. Your watermark will show through. I am having trouble, however, getting the watermark to print on my docume...

selecting a cell
I seem unable to select a single cell, or a single row--click on one in the normal manner, and the two below also highlight, then delete or whatever command is given. If I input a number/text, that just goes into the one cell. tapping F8 increases this to two wide and three high automatically selected. Also, very slow to do almost anything. Thanks Pat, Are you by any chance using Excel 2007? If so there is a known bug that causes multiple cell selection and I understand this has been reported to Microsoft. If you take the zoom level up and down this is reported to cl...

Uncheck "always use the selected program to open this kind of file" by default
http://www.vistax64.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1136177 Andrew;1136177 Wrote: > If I right click on a file there is usually the option to"Open with..". > Selecting this option list possible programs with which to open the > application and, below this, there is a check box labelled "always use > the > selected program to open this kind of file". The check box is always > checked, so clicking on OK permanently associates the selected program > with > the file type in question. > > However, I usually use this option to op...

Linking Basic Beancounting spreadsheets?
I am new to Excel (and this forum) & want to make my own General Ledger, Monthy Synopsis, Trial Balances, Financial Statements etc. for a new business. I am reading _Basic_Beancounting_ by T. James Cook and wish to use Excel efficiently. (Just learned how to group tabs to make multiple identical forms. Works great and saves a pile of time!) Now I want to take the debit & credit totals from each account column in the monthly synopsis sheet and link them (automatically post) them to the appropriate column in their individual running totals of each General Ledger Account. The problem...

command for breaking link in excel is not seen.
i have copied files containing fromulas to another file. while opening the new file, each time, it is asking whetehr to update the data from parent file. I wish to break the link in second file, but could not find the command for that. while opening links, it shows only three commands, which odes not include command for ' breaking links'. Hi Suresh, If the links are no longer required, delete the link formulae or convert them to values. You may find Bill Manville's FINDLINK.XLA addin useful This is freely downloadable at: http://www.oaltd.co.uk/mvp --- Regards, ...

Can I copy a combo box in Excel 2002 with a relative cell link?
Would like to create multiple combo boxes by copying and pasting a cell containing a combo box but would like for the cell link for each combo box to be a relative cell reference so that the cell link is different for each combo box. Have tried changing the cell link to a relative reference before copying, but has no effect. The code would depend on what kind of combobox you used. Did you use a combobox from the control toolbox toolbar or a DropDown from the Forms toolbar? And a couple of alternatives. Maybe data|validation. It kind of looks the same. http://www.contextures.com/xlDat...

links from excel take a long time
I have a large word document with many links to EXCEL. If I make a change to the EXCEL document, it takes 5 to 10 minutes before I can work on the word document. How can I prevent this from happening? ...

Item Picture #2
I have a client who has received pictures from different suppliers and as such they are all in different formats (jpg, bmp, gif) different sizes (ranging from 25kb to 600kb) and with different dimensions (from 120x80 to 1200x3500). I am trying to get them all displayed within the Special tab and have them properly formatted so that appear centered within the frame without the need for scrolling. Is this possible or do I need a third party app to accomplish this? -- Thank you for the help!! Richard Page MSc. Hi Riki, If you are interested we can offer a 3rd party custom solution for ...

Picture in message appears bigger than original
I'm using Outlook 2003. I have this problem with adding pictures in messages. When ever I add a picture in a message(not as attachment), the picture looks much bigger than it actually is. The funny thing is that, when I check the size of the image in the message it shows to be the same size as what it should be, say 1 inch height and width. But looking at it in the message it looks like it's about 30% bigger. I don't want to adjust the pic everytime I send a message with a pic pasted in it. I'm using winxp pro as well. Any suggestions? Thanks for helping. Pri...

Links in Outlook 2003
Whenever I click on a link in an e-mail everything just freezes up to a point I need to end task it. Any ideas what is causing it. Hi Kenny, maybe this could help http://home.arcor.de/andreas.roeder-privat/English%20Help.htm#25 -- Gestern gings noch, ICH habe nichts gemacht! ;-) Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de "Kenny" <kfanguyjr@houston.rr.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:MoVNc.44926$pR5.14649@fe2.texas.rr.com... > Whenever I click on a link in an e-mail everything just freezes up to a > point I need to end task it. Any ideas what is causing it. > > ...

Linking Excel cells to places in a Word document
I would like for the entries in numerous places in a Word document to automatically appear in designated Excel cells. Also, I will need to be able to change which Word document the Excel file refers to. Can anyone please advise? Thanks. ...

How can I link pages with existing test?
I created a booklet of 45 pages. Each page was created separately. I want to edit the booklet, but don't want cut and paste from page to page. How can I link pages with existing test in Publisher? First of all, booklets are setup in groups of four, you'll have a lot less grief if you add three pages or delete one page. That said, you can use the page tabs on the status bar to move pages around. Right-click, click move page, a message box will come up, you can select where you want the page moved. Sometimes it is helpful to rename pages....

Can you link 2 worksheets together?
Say i have one worksheet and on my second one I want to reference cells from the first one? is there a formula for that>? To create a simple link: Select a cell in the second worksheet Type an equal sign Select the first sheet Click on the cell that you want to link Press the Enter key. Alesha wrote: > Say i have one worksheet and on my second one I want to reference cells from > the first one? is there a formula for that>? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...