Selecting highlighted data from one column and placing them in another column

Hi,

I have data in Column A. Some of the rows in Column A are highlighted
in yellow.

I would like to copy the highlighted data and paste them into Column
B.

For Example:

Column A

Let's assume that 2342 and 2121 are highlighted.

So my resullt in Column B will be:

Keep in mind that I have n numbers of data in Column A.

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Try this Macro:

Sub Colour()
    Dim bCol As Long
    Dim x As Long

    bCol = 2

    For x = 2 To 1000 'increase as required
        If Cells(x, 1).Interior.ColorIndex > 0 Then
            Cells(bCol, 2) = Cells(x, 1).Value
                bCol = bCol + 1
        End If

    Next x

End Sub

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

sandymann2@mailinator.com

<ranjan.khan@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have data in Column A. Some of the rows in Column A are highlighted
> in yellow.
>
> I would like to copy the highlighted data and paste them into Column
> B.
>
> For Example:
>
> Column A
>
> 2342
> 1234
> 2121
> 5675
> 2321
>

> Let's assume that 2342 and 2121 are highlighted.
>
> So my resullt in Column B will be:
>
> 2342
> 2121
>
> Keep in mind that I have n numbers of data in Column A.

0
sandymann2 (1054)
9/19/2007 6:15:06 PM
On Sep 19, 2:15 pm, "Sandy Mann" <sandyma...@mailinator.com> wrote:
> Try this Macro:
>
> Sub Colour()
>     Dim bCol As Long
>     Dim x As Long
>
>     bCol = 2
>
>     For x = 2 To 1000 'increase as required
>         If Cells(x, 1).Interior.ColorIndex > 0 Then
>             Cells(bCol, 2) = Cells(x, 1).Value
>                 bCol = bCol + 1
>         End If
>
>     Next x
>
> End Sub
>
> --
> HTH
>
> Sandy
> In Perth, the ancient capital of Scotland
> and the crowning place of kings
>
> sandyma...@mailinator.com
> Replace @mailinator.com with @tiscali.co.uk
>
> <ranjan.k...@comcast.net> wrote in message

> > Hi,
>
> > I have data in Column A. Some of the rows in Column A are highlighted
> > in yellow.
>
> > I would like to copy the highlighted data and paste them into Column
> > B.
>
> > For Example:
>
> > Column A
>
> > 2342
> > 1234
> > 2121
> > 5675
> > 2321
>
> > Let's assume that 2342 and 2121 are highlighted.
>
> > So my resullt in Column B will be:
>
> > 2342
> > 2121
>
> > Keep in mind that I have n numbers of data in Column A.

Thank you. It works perfectly.

You're welcome, thanks for the feedback.

--

> On Sep 19, 2:15 pm, "Sandy Mann" <sandyma...@mailinator.com> wrote:
>> Try this Macro:
>>
>> Sub Colour()
>>     Dim bCol As Long
>>     Dim x As Long
>>
>>     bCol = 2
>>
>>     For x = 2 To 1000 'increase as required
>>         If Cells(x, 1).Interior.ColorIndex > 0 Then
>>             Cells(bCol, 2) = Cells(x, 1).Value
>>                 bCol = bCol + 1
>>         End If
>>
>>     Next x
>>
>> End Sub
>>
>> --
>> HTH
>>
>> Sandy
>> In Perth, the ancient capital of Scotland
>> and the crowning place of kings
>>
>> sandyma...@mailinator.com
>> Replace @mailinator.com with @tiscali.co.uk
>>
>> <ranjan.k...@comcast.net> wrote in message

>> > Hi,
>>
>> > I have data in Column A. Some of the rows in Column A are highlighted
>> > in yellow.
>>
>> > I would like to copy the highlighted data and paste them into Column
>> > B.
>>
>> > For Example:
>>
>> > Column A
>>
>> > 2342
>> > 1234
>> > 2121
>> > 5675
>> > 2321
>>
>> > Let's assume that 2342 and 2121 are highlighted.
>>
>> > So my resullt in Column B will be:
>>
>> > 2342
>> > 2121
>>
>> > Keep in mind that I have n numbers of data in Column A.
>
> Thank you. It works perfectly.

0
sandymann2 (1054)

update column

How to select series in chart?

OWA jumping mouse

Global Column Row Preview Font Size

Single click selects multiple cells

OLK 2k7

Customer check data

Macro to seperate data

Need HELP! for Linking data

Getting rid of selection

Macro

macros entering data

Macro
Hi, i need an macro to select all filled cells in range C10:K90. Can this be done? Thanks!!! Range("C10:K90").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants, _ xlNumbers + xlTextValues).Select If you want to select xlErrors and xlLogical add those to xlNumbers + xlTextValues -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "puiuluipui" wrote: > Hi, i need an macro to select all filled cells in range C10:K90. > Can this be done? > Thanks!!! It's perfect! Thanks! "Jacob Skaria" a scris: > Range("C10:K90").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants, _ >...