Select Case for Linked Data

I want to do a loop that says "if ActiveSheet.Cells(column, I) matches
Sheet2.Cells("A1:A50"), select row."  How do I do this?

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Linking to internal visio pages
Hi all, I've been trying to figure out a way to link to an specific page that is imbedded in a visio file saved as a web page. For example: I have a visio file that consists of 12 pages accessed by tabs along the bottom of the screen. When I export this file as a webpage, access to the individual pages appears as a pull down menu on the left side of the page. The file is given an address, but not the individual pages, so if I create a link to the visio file it always defaults to the first page. Is there anyway to link to specific pages within the file? Thanks in advance, Tim ...

Restricting the reactivationg cases function
In many customer service environments, the reactivation of existing cases is an exceptional procedure, to be performed only by a supervisor. I can't seem to find the right way of assigning a security role to accomplish this. Any ideas? -- Juan Fidalgo Sr. Bus. Analyst SCI If the role has update case, read activity and write activity then you should be able to Reactivate the case. Please also refer to Appendix A: Security Roles and Privileges http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb954998.aspx This doc has detial privileges that are required in each of SDK message. -- This p...

CRM 4.0 Report Deployment
Hi When I deploy a custom report (through Web UI) and run it, no data is displayed. The report header, footer, etc, display, but there is no data. To simplify the problem I created a very simple report with no parameters, which selects all from filteredsystemuser, and the problem was the same. This is in a test VPC, the whole environment is contained in the VPC. I am developing/publishing/viewing as the CRM administrator. The steps I took were: - Created a new report in Business Intelligence Development Studio using Wizard (installed in VPC) - Created a new DataSet called dsTest with a new D...

Can I make a database in Word with Excel Data
I know this may be a "DUH" question, but... I am making a list of area dentists that I have copied and pasted of of the Dex website into Excel. I am wondering if I can take this inf and make a database in Word for printing address labels. Does anyon know if this can be done, and HOW?:confused -- Myn77 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Myn777's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2958 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49283 For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the...

my case it online , it Show offline
When I open Messenger and put my case it online , it Show offline to my friends .. not online .. What to do! -- free9 http://webim.live.my/ What I did was sign in on that website as well as the regular windows live (if you have the newest windows live you can sign on in two places). So everyone could see me as online again, and I could use windows live as I normally do with the web messenger running in the background. I hope we get a solution soon. free9 wrote: my case it online , it Show offline 22-Mar-10 When I open Messenger and put my case it online , i...

data validation
Is it possible to create a similar function like data validation, from which I can select multiple options? (Background: I need a list of many names, from which I case by case can select). Not really. Maybe you could use a listbox. I added a listbox from the Forms toolbar to a worksheet. I called it "List Box 1". I rightclicked on that listbox and chose Format Control. On the Control tab, I chose Selection Type of Multi. I also pointed at the range that held the values that go in that listbox. Then I added a button from the Forms toolbar (I click the button when I'm d...

Interesting problem in Money 2005 and MSN link
Money 2005 Premium. I swore I'd never link to MSN on the web but yesterday somehow got there by trying to set up an MBNA card. I finally figured it wasn't worth it so I removed everything - passport and all data. Here is the interesting thing. Previously, my mny file was 46MB after a shrink. After removing everything, it shrank to 41MB. I didn't really care since I had a backup but I decided to explore further. In putting everything through MSN and then disabling it all, it reversed the sign on 2 transactions (one in 1998, the other in 2003) but nothing else was touched. All 22,...

Updateing data when closing forms
I am using MS Access 2000 I have a table that has several required fields. I developed a form to add records to the table. In addition to the table fields, the form has a form-close button constructed with the button wizard. When I enter a record that does not have the required information and close the form with the “Close Window” (X) button on the tool bar, the appropriate error message appears telling me that there is missing data. (Just what I want) When I use the close button on the form, the form closes with no message and without adding the record. How do I give the button on the f...

Graph Data Values
I am trying to create a pick and mix graph that shows forecast spen against actual spend by a selected business area. I somehow want to create a graph on the fly based on the selections fo example: If I choose company one and want to see the contracted data I want th graph to pick up the forcasted contracted Labour, Passthru and Othe and show the combined contracted actuals; See attached; and if i then choose company 2 then graph will pick up the releven ranges? HELP!! Attachment filename: help.zip Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachmen...

How do I import data from a SECURED website into Excel?
I can import data from a regular web page directly into Excel spreadsheet, but when I tried importing them from a secured site I encountered problems. Does anyone have any suggestions? ...

Free shipping for selected customers
Our Store Ops system is setup to always charge shipping on all orders for all customers (the "Automatic shipping" option in Store Ops configuration is checked). For 99% of our customers, this is correct. However, there are a select group of employees who work in our warehouse. They do not need the garments shipped to them, so they should not automatically be charged shipping. There are also some high-end customers who we normally provide free shipping as a courtesy. Our system is also setup to received orders from a website (using a custom web interface). It can feed the cu...

Lookup Wizard changing Data Type
I am trying to make Lookups from Table Field to Table Field and generally it seems OK. However the LookupWizard is changing the Data Type from Text to Number (I guess it's looking at the ID?) Data picked from Combo Box 'looks' OK in Table view A Query view is asking for a number but displays the Text field value when a valid ID number is added. Viewing Results in FrontPage Database Wizard, and using hand coded .asp querie, it's showing the ID field value. I can see why... Any ideas? Merci. Yes, the wizard isn't the problem it's the use of Lookup Fields in ...

retrieving data from Great Plains via eConnect
Hi, I've been working with eConnect for the last two weeks and have had success with importing a variety of transactions into Great Plains. However, I'd like to query Great Plains on demand and have data returned to me. For example, given a certain field value (like customer name = "Smith"), I'd like to have all customer records returned that match that specified value. Is there any way to do this easily with eConnect? I'm not so interested in the Transaction Requester Service because that seems to be focused more on automatically returning records that have...

How do I link data to a chart from multiple worksheets?
I've created a graph that I want to show data from multiple sheets in the workbook. How do I do that? There are limits to how you can combine data from different sheets. This article describes them. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ChartFromDiffSheets.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Donna" <Donna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7DF7D186-9426-4B54-A322-FE485FD20529@microsoft.com... > I've created a graph that I want to...

Extracting data from one sheet to another
I have a speadsheet with 390 rows and 80 columns. For each column, I wish to copy a range of cells and place them in rows so I can create a separate table for each item represented by the column. For instance, I would like to take the data from the range B10:B15 and place that into a range A1:E1, and then data from range C10:C15 and place into a range G1:K1, D10:D15 into I1:M1 and then B16:B21 into A2:E2, C16:C21 into G2:K2, etc, etc, etc I could do this manually, but it could take a while. I was wondering if there was an easier way to do this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...

Collaboration Data Objects (CDO) ?
Is this technology still current or is there something better to use? Can I use CDO to access Outlook on a non server operating system? Thanks Tom ...

Error importing Quicksell 2000 data
I've followed the instructions exactly as indicated in the help file. When I reach the final step where the actual import is to take place I get the error: Invalid Object Name 'VersionHistory' SELECT TOP 1 Version FROM VersionHistory ORDER BY ID DESC It appears that it's having a problem with the Access database when it tries to retrieve the latest version number of Quicksell 2000 (which is 3.01 on our system) I've used the QS2000 doctor to compact and repair the database, but the problem still exists. Any suggestions are appreciated. If you can ZIP the datab...

References omit formatting and return cell address
In two cases of references between worksheets, the formatting from the original cell does not appear in the cell that it is referenced to. Case 1: Worksheet 1, A1 contains a currency formatted number - $2,000 Worksheet 2, A1 references the Workhseet 1, A1 cell using the = sign, yet it returns 2000 (unless I manually reformat the Workksheet 2 cell to Currency Case 2: Worksheet 3, A1 contains an apartment # - e.g. 4 Worksheet 4, A1 references this cell but returns the cell address - Worksheet2,!A1' - rather than the number 4. I tried different formats for the number 4,...

Grouping data

How do I chart the same data cell on a range of worksheets?
I have the same row of cells on numerous worksheets that I want to chart or consolidate onto another worksheet ? Keith - You need to create a consolidated data range: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ChartFromDiffSheets.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Keith wrote: > I have the same row of cells on numerous worksheets that I want to chart or > consolidate onto another worksheet ? ...

Count Text Data
Using 2007 on Vista If I've got text data which in some columns either has data or there is a blank, what formula do I use to count how many cells have text in them per column? Many thanks =COUNTA(A2:A200) will count everything except blanks post back if you have numbers as well that should not be counted -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom <weewillie@anon.com> wrote in message news:lfm764d39m4prld1iiqllpjuen7a1eptoq@4ax.com... > Using 2007 on Vista > > If I've got text data which in some columns either has data or there > is a blank, what formula do I use to count...

How to keep the application even when show desktop is selected
Hi, I am developing an application which is a sort of reminder of your daily tasks. I want this application to remain on the top right corner of desktop even when "show desktop" is selected. However it gets minimised.........Any helps appreciated. Perhaps you want to consider "Active Channel Technology" and making your display part of the "Active Desktop"? In article <D580FA88-9C89-4D3F-AB9A-8374A9DE266B@microsoft.com>, Katiyar@discussions.microsoft.com says... > Hi, > I am developing an application which is a sort of reminder of your dail...

count data in column
Hi, I am using excel97 and trying to create a chart that has 5 columns of data in it a,b,c,d,e. I an trying to make a chart only for certain data in column a and column d. The data that I key off of is in column d and begins with s/ how can I count the number of s/ in column d? how can I create a chart that shows both and only that data that begins with s/ and the data in column a? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ In cell F2 (I assume row 1 has headers) enter this formula: =LEFT(D2,2) and fill it down as far as you need. select any cell in the table, and apply an au...

Paste-Link Problem
I have constructed a calculator in a spreadsheet that will calculate breach flow rate given values inputed by the user (Sheet 1). There is also a seperate spreadsheet within the same workbook that contains numourus different site numbers and their location (Sheet 2). I am wanting to include the calculated breach flow from sheet 1 into sheet 2 for each site. I have used the copy and paste link combo and it works for the first site but when I go and enter the data for the second site in the calculator it also changes my calculated value for the first site in sheet 2. Is there an IF statement tha...

player closes if video category selected
I am running media player 11.0.5721.5268 on a XP home edition SP2 and whenever I choose the video category it appears briefly and then media player closes. Any help would be appreciated. In WMP,open tools,options,"file types tab",locate the button "select all" apply,maybe edit the other tabs as well. "master_samuri" wrote: > I am running media player 11.0.5721.5268 on a XP home edition SP2 and > whenever I choose the video category it appears briefly and then media player > closes. Any help would be appreciated. That sounds like a ...